Option pricing under a normal mixture distribution derived from the Markov tree model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kon, Stanley J, 1984. " Models of Stock Returns-A Comparison," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 147-165, March.
- D’Amico, Guglielmo & Janssen, Jacques & Manca, Raimondo, 2009. "European and American options: The semi-Markov case," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(15), pages 3181-3194.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Longin, Francois, 2005. "The choice of the distribution of asset returns: How extreme value theory can help?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1017-1035, April.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten, 1999. "Option Implied Risk-Neutral Distributions and Implied Binomial Trees: A Literature Review," MPRA Paper 11634, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ning Cai & S. G. Kou, 2011. "Option Pricing Under a Mixed-Exponential Jump Diffusion Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(11), pages 2067-2081, November.
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni, 1985. "Arbitrage Equilibrium with Skewed Asset Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(03), pages 299-313, September.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Ritchey, Robert J, 1990. "Call Option Valuation for Discrete Normal Mixtures," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(4), pages 285-296, Winter.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Fielitz, Bruce D., 1975. "On the Stationarity of Transition Probability Matrices of Common Stocks," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 327-339, June.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Donald Aingworth & Sanjiv Das & Rajeev Motwani, 2006. "A simple approach for pricing equity options with Markov switching state variables," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 95-105.
- Buckley, Ian & Saunders, David & Seco, Luis, 2008. "Portfolio optimization when asset returns have the Gaussian mixture distribution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 1434-1461, March.
- Kazmerchuk, Yuriy & Swishchuk, Anatoliy & Wu, Jianhong, 2007. "The pricing of options for securities markets with delayed response," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 69-79.
- Andreas Behr & Ulrich Pötter, 2009. "Alternatives to the normal model of stock returns: Gaussian mixture, generalised logF and generalised hyperbolic models," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 49-68, January.
- Heston, Steven L & Nandi, Saikat, 2000. "A Closed-Form GARCH Option Valuation Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 585-625.
- John A. D. Appleby & John A. Daniels & Katja Krol, 2012. "A Black--Scholes Model with Long Memory," Papers 1202.5574, arXiv.org.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harish S. Bhat & Nitesh Kumar, 2015. "Large-Scale Empirical Tests of the Markov Tree Model," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-39, July.
- Gradojevic Nikola, 2016.
"Multi-criteria classification for pricing European options,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics,
De Gruyter, vol. 20(2), pages 123-139, April.
- Nikola Gradojevic, 2015. "Multi-criteria Classification for Pricing European Options," Working Paper series 15-13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Mitra, Sovan & Date, Paresh & Mamon, Rogemar & Wang, I-Chieh, 2013. "Pricing and risk management of interest rate swaps," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 228(1), pages 102-111.
- Sesana, Debora & Marazzina, Daniele & Fusai, Gianluca, 2014. "Pricing exotic derivatives exploiting structure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(1), pages 369-381.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:262:y:2017:i:1:p:381-400 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFinance; Options pricing; Asymptotic analysis; Mixture models; Empirical testing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:223:y:2012:i:3:p:762-774. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.