Portfolio optimization when asset returns have the Gaussian mixture distribution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andreas Graflund & Birger Nilsson, 2003.
"Dynamic Portfolio Selection: the Relevance of Switching Regimes and Investment Horizon,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(2), pages 179-200.
- Graflund, Andreas & Nilsson, Birger, 2002. "Dynamic Portfolio Selection: The Relevance of Switching Regimes and Investment Horizon," Working Papers 2002:8, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- John Driffill & Turalay Kenc & Martin Sola, 2002. "Merton-style option pricing under regime switching," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 304, Society for Computational Economics.
- Andrew Ang & Geert Bekaert, 2002. "International Asset Allocation With Regime Shifts," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(4), pages 1137-1187.
- Alberto Suarez & Santiago Carrillo, 2000. "Computational Tools For The Analysis Of Market Risk," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 144, Society for Computational Economics.
- Chiraz Labidi & Thierry An, 2000. "Revisiting The Finite Mixture Of Gaussian Distributions With Applications To Futures Markets," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 67, Society for Computational Economics.
- Campbell, Rachel & Koedijk, Kees & Kofman, Paul, 2002. "Increased Correlation in Bear markets: A Downside Risk Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 3172, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mico Loretan & William B. English, 2000. "Evaluating "correlation breakdowns" during periods of market volatility," International Finance Discussion Papers 658, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hamilton, James D, 1991. "A Quasi-Bayesian Approach to Estimating Parameters for Mixtures of Normal Distributions," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(1), pages 27-39, January.
- Pivato, Marcus & Seco, Luis, 2003. "Estimating the spectral measure of a multivariate stable distribution via spherical harmonic analysis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 219-240, November.
- N. H. Bingham & Rudiger Kiesel, 2002. "Semi-parametric modelling in finance: theoretical foundations," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 241-250.
- Arditti, Fred D & Levy, Haim, 1975. "Portfolio Efficiency Analysis in Three Moments: The Multiperiod Case," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(3), pages 797-809, June.
- Subu Venkataraman, 1997. "Value at risk for a mixture of normal distributions: the use of quasi- Bayesian estimation techniques," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Mar, pages 2-13.
- Lorenzo CAPPIELLO & Tom A. Fearnley, 2000. "International CAPM with Regime Switching GARCH Parameters," FAME Research Paper Series rp17, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Egozcue, Martin & Wong, Wing-Keung, 2010. "Gains from diversification on convex combinations: A majorization and stochastic dominance approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(3), pages 893-900, February.
- Yu, Bosco Wing-Tong & Pang, Wan Kai & Troutt, Marvin D. & Hou, Shui Hung, 2009. "Objective comparisons of the optimal portfolios corresponding to different utility functions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 199(2), pages 604-610, December.
- Balcılar, Mehmet & Demirer, Rıza & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2015. "Regional and global spillovers and diversification opportunities in the GCC equity sectors," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 160-187.
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:282:y:2016:i:c:p:187-203 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhat, Harish S. & Kumar, Nitesh, 2012. "Option pricing under a normal mixture distribution derived from the Markov tree model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(3), pages 762-774.
- repec:pal:assmgt:v:18:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1057_s41260-017-0048-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hayette Gatfaoui, 2018. "Diversifying portfolios of U.S. stocks with crude oil and natural gas: A regime-dependent optimization with several risk measures," Papers 1811.02382, arXiv.org.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:262:y:2017:i:3:p:1164-1180 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:2:p:685-702 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giampietro, Marta & Guidolin, Massimo & Pedio, Manuela, 2018.
"Estimating stochastic discount factor models with hidden regimes: Applications to commodity pricing,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 265(2), pages 685-702.
- Marta Giampietro & Massimo Guidolin & Manuela Pedio, 2017. "Estimating Stochastic Discount Factor Models with Hidden Regimes: Applications to Commodity Pricing," Working Papers 614, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Marta Giampietro & Massimo Guidolin & Manuela Pedio, 2015. "Can No-Arbitrage SDF Models with Regime Shifts Explain the Correlations Between Commodity, Stock, and Bond Returns?," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1619, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Levy, Moshe & Kaplanski, Guy, 2015. "Portfolio selection in a two-regime world," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(2), pages 514-524.
- Mellios, Constantin & Six, Pierre & Lai, Anh Ngoc, 2016.
"Dynamic speculation and hedging in commodity futures markets with a stochastic convenience yield,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 250(2), pages 493-504.
- Constantin Mellios & Pierre Six & Anh Ngoc Lai, 2016. "Dynamic speculation and hedging in commodity futures markets with a stochastic convenience yield," Post-Print halshs-01244560, HAL.
- Francesco Chincoli & Massimo Guidolin, 2017.
"Linear and nonlinear predictability in investment style factors: multivariate evidence,"
Journal of Asset Management,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(6), pages 476-509, October.
- Massimo Guidolin & Francesco Chincoli, 2017. "Linear and Nonlinear Predictability in Investment Style Factors: Multivariate Evidence," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1754, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Qian, Hang, 2011. "Bayesian Portfolio Selection in a Markov Switching Gaussian Mixture Model," MPRA Paper 35561, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emmanuel Jurczenko & Bertrand Maillet & Paul Merlin, 2008. "Efficient Frontier for Robust Higher-order Moment Portfolio Selection," Post-Print halshs-00336475, HAL.
- Lioui, Abraham & Poncet, Patrice, 2013. "Optimal benchmarking for active portfolio managers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 226(2), pages 268-276.
- Matsui, Kenji, 2010. "Returns policy, new model introduction, and consumer welfare," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 299-309, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:185:y:2008:i:3:p:1434-1461. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.