Estimating the spectral measure of a multivariate stable distribution via spherical harmonic analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- B. N. Cheng & S. T. Rachev, 1995. "Multivariate Stable Futures Prices," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 133-153.
- Press, S. J., 1972. "Multivariate stable distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 444-462, December.
- Samuelson, Paul A., 1967. "Efficient Portfolio Selection for Pareto-Lévy Investments," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 107-122, June.
- Eugene F. Fama, 1965. "Portfolio Analysis in a Stable Paretian Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(3), pages 404-419, January.
- Bawa, Vijay S & Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1979. "Simple Rules for Optimal Portfolio Selection in Stable Paretian Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1041-1047, September.
- Eugene F. Fama, 1963. "Mandelbrot and the Stable Paretian Hypothesis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 420-420.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsionas, Mike, 2012. "Simple techniques for likelihood analysis of univariate and multivariate stable distributions: with extensions to multivariate stochastic volatility and dynamic factor models," MPRA Paper 40966, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Aug 2012.
- Mohammad Mohammadi & Adel Mohammadpour & Hiroaki Ogata, 2015. "On estimating the tail index and the spectral measure of multivariate $$\alpha $$ α -stable distributions," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 78(5), pages 549-561, July.
- Molchanov, Ilya, 2009. "Convex and star-shaped sets associated with multivariate stable distributions, I: Moments and densities," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2195-2213, November.
- Matsui, Muneya & Takemura, Akimichi, 2009. "Integral representations of one-dimensional projections for multivariate stable densities," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 334-344, March.
- Buckley, Ian & Saunders, David & Seco, Luis, 2008. "Portfolio optimization when asset returns have the Gaussian mixture distribution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 1434-1461, March.
- Ogata, Hiroaki, 2013. "Estimation for multivariate stable distributions with generalized empirical likelihood," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 248-254.
- Lombardi, Marco J. & Veredas, David, 2009.
"Indirect estimation of elliptical stable distributions,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2309-2324, April.
- LOMBARDI, Marco & VEREDAS, David, 2007. "Indirect estimation of elliptical stable distributions," CORE Discussion Papers 2007018, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
More about this item
KeywordsStable probability distributions Infinitely divisible distributions Spectral measure Parameter estimation Spherical harmonics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:87:y:2003:i:2:p:219-240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.