A comparative goodness-of-fit analysis of distributions of some Lévy processes and Heston model to stock index returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ahmet Göncü & Mehmet Oguz Karahan & Tolga Umut Kuzubas, 2014. "A Comparative Goodness-of-fit Analysis of Distributions of Some Levy Processes and Heston Model to Stock Index Returns," Working Papers 2014/07, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dilip B. Madan & Peter P. Carr & Eric C. Chang, 1998. "The Variance Gamma Process and Option Pricing," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 2(1), pages 79-105.
- Adrian Dragulescu & Victor Yakovenko, 2002.
"Probability distribution of returns in the Heston model with stochastic volatility,"
Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(6), pages 443-453.
- A. Dragulescu & V. M. Yakovenko, 2002. "Probability distribution of returns in the Heston model with stochastic volatility," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 127, Society for Computational Economics.
- Adrian A. Dragulescu & Victor M. Yakovenko, 2002. "Probability distribution of returns in the Heston model with stochastic volatility," Papers cond-mat/0203046, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2002.
- Eckhard Platen & Renata Rendek, 2007. "Empirical Evidence on Student-t Log-Returns of Diversified World Stock Indices," Research Paper Series 194, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Blattberg, Robert C & Gonedes, Nicholas J, 1974. "A Comparison of the Stable and Student Distributions as Statistical Models for Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 244-280, April.
- Elisa Luciano & Marina Marena & Patrizia Semeraro, 2013. "Dependence Calibration and Portfolio Fit with FactorBased Time Changes," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 307, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2015.
- Kim, In Joon & Kim, Sol, 2004. "Empirical comparison of alternative stochastic volatility option pricing models: Evidence from Korean KOSPI 200 index options market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 117-142, April.
- Jeanne, Olivier & Masson, Paul, 2000.
"Currency crises, sunspots and Markov-switching regimes,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 327-350, April.
- Jeanne, Olivier & Masson, Paul R, 1998. "Currency Crises, Sunspots and Markov-Switching Regimes," CEPR Discussion Papers 1990, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Silva, A.Christian & Yakovenko, Victor M., 2003. "Comparison between the probability distribution of returns in the Heston model and empirical data for stock indexes," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 303-310.
- Gilles Daniel & Nathan Joseph & David Bree, 2005. "Stochastic volatility and the goodness-of-fit of the Heston model," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 199-211.
- Praetz, Peter D, 1972. "The Distribution of Share Price Changes," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(1), pages 49-55, January.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Heston, Steven L & Nandi, Saikat, 2000. "A Closed-Form GARCH Option Valuation Model," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 585-625.
- E. Eberlein & F. zkan, 2003. "Time consistency of Levy models," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 40-50.
- Madan, Dilip B & Seneta, Eugene, 1990. "The Variance Gamma (V.G.) Model for Share Market Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(4), pages 511-524, October.
- Elton A. Daal & Dilip B. Madan, 2005. "An Empirical Examination of the Variance-Gamma Model for Foreign Currency Options," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2121-2152, November.
- Richard Finlay & Eugene Seneta, 2008. "Stationary‐Increment Variance‐Gamma and t Models: Simulation and Parameter Estimation," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 76(2), pages 167-186, August.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Mikhail Chernov & A. Ronald Gallant & Eric Ghysels & George Tauchen, 1999. "A New Class of Stochastic Volatility Models with Jumps: Theory and Estimation," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-48, CIRANO.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Anastasios G Malliaris & William T Ziemba (ed.),THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Scott, Louis O., 1987. "Option Pricing when the Variance Changes Randomly: Theory, Estimation, and an Application," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 419-438, December.
- Kevin Fergusson & Eckhard Platen, 2006.
"On the Distributional Characterization of Daily Log-Returns of a World Stock Index,"
Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 19-38.
- Kevin Fergusson & Eckhard Platen, 2005. "On the Distributional Characterization of Log-returns of a World Stock Index," Research Paper Series 153, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Andreas Behr & Ulrich Pötter, 2009. "Alternatives to the normal model of stock returns: Gaussian mixture, generalised logF and generalised hyperbolic models," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 49-68, January.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. "The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ricardo Crisóstomo, 2017. "Speed and biases of Fourier-based pricing choices: Analysis of the Bates and Asymmetric Variance Gamma models," CNMV Working Papers CNMV Working Papers no. 6, CNMV- Spanish Securities Markets Commission - Research and Statistics Department.
- Till Massing, 2019. "What is the best Lévy model for stock indices? A comparative study with a view to time consistency," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 33(3), pages 277-344, September.
- Endres, Sylvia & Stübinger, Johannes, 2018. "A flexible regime switching model with pairs trading application to the S&P 500 high-frequency stock returns," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 07/2018, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsVariance-gamma model; Normal-inverse gaussian model; Generalized hyperbolic model; Heston model; Markov regime-switching model; Emerging markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecofin:v:36:y:2016:i:c:p:69-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620163 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.