Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. James Press, 1967. "A Compound Events Model for Security Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40, pages 317-317.
- Merton, Robert C. & Samuelson, Paul A., 1974. "Fallacy of the log-normal approximation to optimal portfolio decision-making over many periods," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 67-94, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1972. "The Valuation of Option Contracts and a Test of Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 399-417, May.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Eugene F. Fama, 1965. "Portfolio Analysis in a Stable Paretian Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(3), pages 404-419, January.
- Barr Rosenberg., 1972. "The Behavior of Random Variables with Nonstationary Variance and the Distribution of Security Prices," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 11, University of California at Berkeley.
- Clark, Peter K, 1973. "A Subordinated Stochastic Process Model with Finite Variance for Speculative Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(1), pages 135-155, January.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Anastasios G Malliaris & William T Ziemba (ed.), THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jovanovic, Franck & Schinckus, Christophe, 2017. "Econophysics and Financial Economics: An Emerging Dialogue," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780190205034.
- Fong, Wai Mun, 1997. "Robust beta estimation: Some empirical evidence," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 167-186.
- Jonathan Ziveyi, 2011. "The Evaluation of Early Exercise Exotic Options," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 12, July-Dece.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis, "undated". "Statistical Modeling of Stock Returns: Explanatory or Descriptive? A Historical Survey with Some Methodological Reflections," DEOS Working Papers 1331, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Wai Mun Fong, 1997. "Robust beta estimation: Some empirical evidence," Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 6(2), pages 167-186.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis, 2012. "Statistical Modeling of Stock Returns: A Historical Survey with Methodological Reflections," DEOS Working Papers 1226, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Jonathan Ziveyi, 2011. "The Evaluation of Early Exercise Exotic Options," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 2-2011.
- Bao, Te & Diks, Cees & Li, Hao, 2018. "A generalized CAPM model with asymmetric power distributed errors with an application to portfolio construction," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 611-621.
- He, Xue-Zhong & Li, Youwei, 2015.
"Testing of a market fraction model and power-law behaviour in the DAX 30,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-17.
- Xue-Zhong He & Youwei Li, 2015. "Testing of a Market Fraction Model and Power-Law Behaviour in the Dax 30," Research Paper Series 354, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- David S. Jones & V. Vance Roley, 1981. "Bliss Points in Mean-Variance Portfolio Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0019, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M A Sánchez-Granero & J E Trinidad-Segovia & J Clara-Rahola & A M Puertas & F J De las Nieves, 2017. "A model for foreign exchange markets based on glassy Brownian systems," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(12), pages 1-22, December.
- François-Éric Racicot & William F. Rentz & Alfred L. Kahl, 2017. "Rolling Regression Analysis of the Pástor-Stambaugh Model: Evidence from Robust Instrumental Variables," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 23(1), pages 75-90, February.
- Hurvich, Cliiford & Wang, Yi, 2006. "A Pure-Jump Transaction-Level Price Model Yielding Cointegration, Leverage, and Nonsynchronous Trading Effects," MPRA Paper 1413, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hurvich, Clifford & Wang, Yi, 2009. "A Pure-Jump Transaction-Level Price Model Yielding Cointegration, Leverage, and Nonsynchronous Trading Effects," MPRA Paper 12575, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert F. Engle & Martin Klint Hansen & Asger Lunde, 2012. "And Now, The Rest of the News: Volatility and Firm Specific News Arrival," CREATES Research Papers 2012-56, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Desislava Chetalova & Thilo A. Schmitt & Rudi Schafer & Thomas Guhr, 2013. "Portfolio return distributions: Sample statistics with non-stationary correlations," Papers 1308.3961, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2014.
- Brisset, Nicolas, 2017. "On Performativity: Option Theory And The Resistance Of Financial Phenomena," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(4), pages 549-569, December.
- Nicolas Brisset, 2016. "On Performativity: Option Theory and the Resistance of Financial Phenomena," GREDEG Working Papers 2016-31, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), Université Côte d'Azur, France.
- Tim Bollerslev & Ray Y. Chou & Narayanan Jayaraman & Kenneth F. Kroner - L, 1991. "es modéles ARCH en finance : un point sur la théorie et les résultats empiriques," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 24, pages 1-59.
- Aldrich, Eric M. & Heckenbach, Indra & Laughlin, Gregory, 2016. "A compound duration model for high-frequency asset returns," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 105-128.
- Phoebe Koundouri & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis & Panagiotis Samartzis, 2015. "Factor Models as 'Explanatory Unifiers' versus 'Explanatory Ideals' of Empirical Regularities of Stock Returns," DEOS Working Papers 1507, Athens University of Economics and Business.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:3:y:1976:i:1-2:p:125-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505576 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.