Inexperienced banks and interstate mergers
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Morck & Andrel Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1988.
"Alternative Mechanisms for Corporate Control,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
52, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Laux, Paul A. & Ng, Lilian K., 1993. "The sources of GARCH: empirical evidence from an intraday returns model incorporating systematic and unique risks," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 543-560, October.
- Baradwaj, Babu G. & Fraser, Donald R. & Furtado, Eugene P. H., 1990. "Hostile bank takeover offers : Analysis and implications," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 1229-1242, December.
- Houston, Joel F. & Ryngaert, Michael D., 1994. "The overall gains from large bank mergers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1155-1176, December.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Engle, Robert F. & Mustafa, Chowdhury, 1992. "Implied ARCH models from options prices," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 289-311.
- Zhang, Hao, 1997. "Repeated acquirers in FDIC assisted acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1419-1430, October.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 1963. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36, pages 394.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Tehranian, Hassan, 1992. "Changes in corporate performance associated with bank acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 211-234, April.
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997.
"The effects of megamergers on efficiency and prices: evidence from a bank profit function,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-9, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1996. "The Effects of Megamergers on Efficiency and Prices: Evidence from a Bank Profit Function," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Alien, Linda & Cebenoyan, A. Sinan, 1991. "Bank acquisitions and ownership structure: Theory and evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 425-448, April.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- repec:eee:jebusi:v:39:y:1987:i:4:p:289-312 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carroll, Carolyn & Wei, K C John, 1988. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: An Extension," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(4), pages 485-99, October.
- Prowse, Stephen, 1997. "Corporate Control in Commercial Banks," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 509-27, Winter.
- Madura, Jeff & Wiant, Kenneth J., 1994. "Long-term valuation effects of bank acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1135-1154, December.
- Akgiray, Vedat, 1989. "Conditional Heteroscedasticity in Time Series of Stock Returns: Evidence and Forecasts," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(1), pages 55-80, January.
- Pilloff, Steven J, 1996. "Performance Changes and Shareholder Wealth Creation Associated with Mergers of Publicly Traded Banking Institutions," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 294-310, August.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- French, Kenneth R. & Roll, Richard, 1986. "Stock return variances : The arrival of information and the reaction of traders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 5-26, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:54:y:2002:i:3:p:313-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.