Bank acquisitions and ownership structure: Theory and evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ely, David P. & Song, Moon H., 2000. "Acquisition activity of large depository institutions in the 1990s:: An empirical analysis of motives," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 467-484.
- Azofra, Valentín & Santamaría, Marcos, 2011. "Ownership, control, and pyramids in Spanish commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1464-1476, June.
- Robert DeYoung & Kenneth Spong & Richard J. Sullivan, 1999. "Who's minding the store? motivating and monitoring hired managers at small, closely held firms: the case of commercial banks," Working Paper Series WP-99-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Wang, Hongxia & Sakr, Sameh & Ning, Yixi & Davidson III, Wallace N., 2010. "Board composition after mergers, does it matter to target shareholders?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 837-851, December.
- Garcia-Marco, Teresa & Robles-Fernández, M. Dolores, 2008.
"Risk-taking behaviour and ownership in the banking industry: The Spanish evidence,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 332-354.
- Teresa garcía Marco & M. Dolores Robles-Fernández, 2005. "Risk tasking behaviour and ownership in the banking industry: the Spanish evidence," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 0507, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Gorton, Gary & Rosen, Richard, 1995.
" Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1377-1420, December.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, "undated". "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-93, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1994. "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 95-09, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, 1992. "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," NBER Working Papers 4247, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Richard Rosen, "undated". "Corporate Control, Portfolio Choice, and the Decline of Banking," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-93, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gary Gorton & Richard J. Rosen, 1992. "Corporate control, portfolio choice, and the decline of banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 215, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sungho Choi & Bill B. Francis & Iftekhar Hasan, 2010.
"Cross-Border Bank M&As and Risk: Evidence from the Bond Market,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(4), pages 615-645, June.
- Choi, Sungho & Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2010. "Cross-border bank M&As and risk : evidence from the bond market," Research Discussion Papers 4/2010, Bank of Finland.
- Shkendije Himaj, 2014. "Corporate Governance in Banks and its Impact on Risk and Performance: Review of Literature on the Selected Governance Mechanisms," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 3(3), pages 53-85.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1996. "Consolidation in U.S. banking: implications for efficiency and risk," Working Papers 572, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- W. Frame & William Lastrapes, 1998. "Abnormal Returns in the Acquisition Market: The Case of Bank Holding Companies, 1990–1993," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 145-163, October.
- Hadlock, Charles & Houston, Joel & Ryngaert, Michael, 1999. "The role of managerial incentives in bank acquisitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 221-249, February.
- Olivier Bouin, 1993. "La privatisation par coupons dans l’ex-Tchécoslovaquie : analyse du mécanisme d’enchères et de ses résultats," Post-Print halshs-01168370, HAL.
- Hart, Jeffrey R. & Apilado, Vince P., 2002. "Inexperienced banks and interstate mergers," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 313-330.
- DeYoung, Robert & Spong, Kenneth & Sullivan, Richard J., 2001. "Who's minding the store? Motivating and monitoring hired managers at small, closely held commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1209-1243, July.
- Köhler, Matthias, 2010. "Transparency of regulation and cross-border bank mergers," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-009 [rev.], ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Elijah Brewer & William E. Jackson & Julapa Jagtiani, 2007. "Target's corporate governance and bank merger payoffs," Research Working Paper RWP 07-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Jijun Niu, 2016. "Insider ownership, power, and bank value," Journal of Economic and Financial Studies (JEFS), LAR Center Press, vol. 4(4), pages 34-41, August.
- Sangkyun Park, 1994. "Explanations for the increased riskiness of banks in the 1980s," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 3-24.
- Elijah Brewer & William E. Jackson & Julapa Jagtiani, 2000. "Impact of independent directors and the regulatory environment on bank merger prices: evidence from takeover activity in the 1990s," Working Paper Series WP-00-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Berger, Allen N. & Demsetz, Rebecca S. & Strahan, Philip E., 1999.
"The consolidation of the financial services industry: Causes, consequences, and implications for the future,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 135-194, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Rebecca Demsetz & Philip E. Strahan, 1998. "The consolidation of the financial services industry: causes, consequences, and implications for the future," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1991. "Investigating the banking consolidation trend," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 3-15.
- Bowo Setiyono & Amine Tarazi, 2014. "Disclosure, ownership structure and bank risk: Evidence from Asia," Working Papers hal-00947590, HAL.
- Stephen D. Prowse, 1995. "Alternative methods of corporate control in commercial banks," Working Papers 9507, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:15:y:1991:i:2:p:425-448. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.