Consolidation in the European banking industry: how effective is it?
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 36 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/microeconomics/journal/11123/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lang, Gunter & Welzel, Peter, 1999.
"Mergers among German Cooperative Banks: A Panel-Based Stochastic Frontier Analysis,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 273-86, December.
- Günter Lang, Peter Welzel, 1999. "Mergers Among German Cooperative Banks. A Panel-based Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Working Paper Series B 1999-03, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultïät.
- Cybo-Ottone, Alberto & Murgia, Maurizio, 2000. "Mergers and shareholder wealth in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 831-859, June.
- Morris Knapp & Alan Gart & David Becher, 2005. "Post-Merger Performance of Bank Holding Companies, 1987-1998," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 549-574, November.
- Cuesta, Rafael A. & Orea, Luis, 2002. "Mergers and technical efficiency in Spanish savings banks: A stochastic distance function approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2231-2247.
- Altunbas, Yener & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2004.
"Mergers and acquisitions and bank performance in Europe: the role of strategic similarities,"
Working Paper Series
0398, European Central Bank.
- Altunbas, Yener & Marqués, David, 2008. "Mergers and acquisitions and bank performance in Europe: The role of strategic similarities," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 204-222.
- Laurent Weill, 2003. "Banking efficiency in transition economies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 569-592, 09.
- Diaz, Belen Diaz & Olalla, Myriam Garcia & Azofra, Sergio Sanfilippo, 2004. "Bank acquisitions and performance: evidence from a panel of European credit entities," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 377-404.
- Molyneux, Philip & Thornton, John, 1992. "Determinants of European bank profitability: A note," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 1173-1178, December.
- Resti, Andrea, 1998. "Regulation Can Foster Mergers, Can Mergers Foster Efficiency? The Italian Case," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 157-169, March.
- Altunbas, Y. & Gardener, E. P. M. & Molyneux, P. & Moore, B., 2001. "Efficiency in European banking," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1931-1955, December.
- Wang, Hung-Jen, 2002.
"Heteroscedasticity and non-monotonic efficiency effects of a stochastic frontier model,"
31076, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hung-Jen Wang, 2002. "Heteroscedasticity and Non-Monotonic Efficiency Effects of a Stochastic Frontier Model," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 241-253, November.
- Pilloff, Steven J, 1996. "Performance Changes and Shareholder Wealth Creation Associated with Mergers of Publicly Traded Banking Institutions," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(3), pages 294-310, August.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Tehranian, Hassan, 1992. "Changes in corporate performance associated with bank acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 211-234, April.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Houston, Joel F. & James, Christopher M. & Ryngaert, Michael D., 2001. "Where do merger gains come from? Bank mergers from the perspective of insiders and outsiders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 285-331, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:36:y:2011:i:3:p:247-261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.