Post-Merger Performance of Bank Holding Companies, 1987-1998
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chris Leach, J. & Madhavan, Ananth N., 1992.
"Intertemporal price discovery by market makers: Active versus passive learning,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, pages 207-235.
- Chris J. Leach & Ananth N. Madhavan, "undated". "Intertemporal Price Discovery by Market Makers: Active versus Passive Learning," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 15-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Leach, J.C. & Madhavan, A.N., 1990. "Intertemporal Price Discovery By Market Makers: Active Versus Passive Learning," Weiss Center Working Papers 15-90, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Richardson, Matthew & Roomans, Mark, 1997.
"Why Do Security Prices Change? A Transaction-Level Analysis of NYSE Stocks,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, pages 1035-1064.
- Ananth Madhavan & Matthew Richardson & Mark Roomans, "undated". "Why Do Security Prices Change? A Transaction-Level Analysis of NYSE Stocks," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 20-94, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Ananth Madhavan & Matthew Richardson & Mark Roomans, 1996. "Why Do Security Prices Change? A Transaction-Level Analysis of NYSE Stocks," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 96-34, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Ferguson, Michael F & Mann, Steven C, 2001. "Execution Costs and Their Intraday Variation in Futures Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 125-160, January.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985. "Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, pages 71-100.
- Foster, F. Douglas & Viswanathan, S., 1994. "Strategic Trading with Asymmetrically Informed Traders and Long-Lived Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, pages 499-518.
- Shefrin, Hersh & Statman, Meir, 1985. " The Disposition to Sell Winners Too Early and Ride Losers Too Long: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 777-790, July.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, pages 1315-1335.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Garfinkel, Jon A. & Nimalendran, M., 2003. "Market Structure and Trader Anonymity: An Analysis of Insider Trading," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, pages 591-610.
- Spiegel, Matthew & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1995. " On Intraday Risk Premia," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 319-339, March.
- Anat R. Admati, Paul Pfleiderer, 1988. "A Theory of Intraday Patterns: Volume and Price Variability," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 3-40.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maretno Harjoto & Ha-Chin Yi & Tosporn Chotigeat, 2012. "Why do banks acquire non-banks?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, pages 587-612.
- John Goddard & Donal McKillop & John Wilson, 2009. "Which Credit Unions are Acquired?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, pages 231-252.
- Al-Khasawneh, Jamal Ali & Essaddam, Naceur, 2012. "Market reaction to the merger announcements of US banks: A non-parametric X-efficiency framework," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, pages 167-183.
- Neale Faith R. & Drake Pamela Peterson & Clark Steven P., 2010.
"Diversification in the Financial Services Industry: The Effect of the Financial Modernization Act,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, pages 1-30.
- Padmaja Ayyagari & Jody L. Sindelar, 2009. "The Impact of Job Stress on Smoking and Quitting: Evidence from the HRS," NBER Working Papers 15232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana Lozano-Vivas & Subal Kumbhakar & Meryem Fethi & Mohamed Shaban, 2011. "Consolidation in the European banking industry: how effective is it?," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, pages 247-261.
- W. Scott Frame & Larry D. Wall & Lawrence J. White, 2012.
"The Devil's in the Tail: Residential Mortgage Finance and the U.S. Treasury,"
12-12, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Jens Hagendorff & Maria J. Nieto & Larry D. Wall, 2012. "The safety and soundness effects of bank M&A in the EU," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2012-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Jens Hagendorff & María J. Nieto & Larry D. Wall, 2012. "The safety and soundness effects of bank M&As in the EU: does prudential regulation have any impact?," Working Papers 1236, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Chris Brune & Kevin Lee & Scott Miller, 2015. "The effects of bank capital constraints on post-acquisition performance," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, pages 75-99.
- Abbas, Qamar & Hunjra, Ahmed Imran & Azam, Rauf I & Ijaz, Muhammad Shahzad & Zahid, Maliha, 2014. "Financial performance of banks in Pakistan after Merger and Acquisition," MPRA Paper 60790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:finrev:v:40:y:2005:i:4:p:549-574. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/efaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.