Profitability of Korean banks: Test of market structure versus efficient structure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Panzar, John C & Rosse, James N, 1987. "Testing for "Monopoly" Equilibrium," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 443-456, June.
- Joaquin Maudos, 1998.
"Market structure and performance in Spanish banking using a direct measure of efficiency,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 191-200.
- Joaquín Maudos Villarroya, 1996. "Market structure and performance in Spanish banking using a direct measure of efficiency," Working Papers. Serie EC 1996-12, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Gilbert, R. Alton & Wilson, Paul W., 1998. "Effects of Deregulation on the Productivity of Korean Banks," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 133-155, March.
- Hao, Jonathan & Hunter, William Curt & Yang, Won Keun, 2001. "Deregulation and efficiency: the case of private Korean banks," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 237-254.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Diana L. Fortier, 1987. "Reevaluation of the structure-conduct-performance paradigm in banking," Staff Memoranda 87-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klinedinst, Mark, 2007. "Cooperative comebacks: resilience in the face of the Hurricane Katrina Catastrophe (New Orleans and Southern Mississippi, May 2005–May 2006)," MPRA Paper 28521, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ines Ayadi, 2013. "Determinants of Tunisian Bank Efficiency: A DEA Analysis," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(4), pages 128-139, October.
- Fukuyama, Hirofumi & Weber, William L., 2009. "A directional slacks-based measure of technical inefficiency," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 274-287, December.
- Mirzaei, Ali & Moore, Tomoe & Liu, Guy, 2013. "Does market structure matter on banks’ profitability and stability? Emerging vs. advanced economies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2920-2937.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:531-545 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qichang Ye & Zongling Xu & Dan Fang, 2012. "Market structure, performance, and efficiency of the Chinese banking sector," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 337-358, November.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsihui & Lee, Seok-Young, 2010. "Differential impact of Korean banking system reforms on bank productivity," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1450-1460, July.
- Simar, Léopold & Vanhems, Anne & Wilson, Paul W., 2012. "Statistical inference for DEA estimators of directional distances," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 853-864.
- Ruben Chavarin Rodriguez, 2015.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Profitability in Mexico,"
EconoQuantum, Revista de Economia y Negocios,
Universidad de Guadalajara, Centro Universitario de Ciencias Economico Administrativas, Departamento de Metodos Cuantitativos y Maestria en Economia., vol. 12(1), pages 97-123, Enero-Jun.
- Chavarín, Rubén, 2015. "Determinants of commercial bank profitability in Mexico," MPRA Paper 70106, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George Assaf, A. & Barros, Carlos P. & Matousek, Roman, 2011. "Productivity and efficiency analysis of Shinkin banks: Evidence from bootstrap and Bayesian approaches," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 331-342, February.
- Klinedinst, Mark, 2010. "Bad loans in the meltdown: micro analysis of credit union performance versus banks, an initial investigation," MPRA Paper 27434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Klinedinst, Mark, 2008. "A strength of credit unions: employee productivity of credit unions versus banks in the U.S.?," MPRA Paper 26296, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- TOMULEASA, Ioana-Iuliana & COCRIŞ, Vasile, 2014. "Measuring The Financial Performance Of The European Systemically Important Banks," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 18(4), pages 31-51.
- Homma, Tetsushi & Tsutsui, Yoshiro & Uchida, Hirofumi, 2014.
"Firm growth and efficiency in the banking industry: A new test of the efficient structure hypothesis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 143-153.
- HOMMA Tetsushi & TSUTSUI Yoshiro & UCHIDA Hirofumi, 2012. "Firm Growth and Efficiency in the Banking Industry: A new test of the efficient structure hypothesis," Discussion papers 12060, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Park, Kang H., 2009. "Has bank consolidation in Korea lessened competition?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 651-667, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:58:y:2006:i:3:p:222-239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.