Multimarket bank pricing: An empirical investigation of deposit interest rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Timothy H. Hannan & Robin A. Prager, 2004. "Multimarket bank pricing: an empirical investigation of deposit interest rates," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-38, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
References listed on IDEAS
- Elizabeth K. Kiser, 2004. "Modeling the whole firm: the effect of multiple inputs and financial intermediation on bank deposit rates," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-07, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kwangwoo Park & George Pennacchi, 2009.
"Harming Depositors and Helping Borrowers: The Disparate Impact of Bank Consolidation,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(1), pages 1-40, January.
- Kwangwoo Park & George Pennacchi, 2007. "Harming depositors and helping borrowers: the disparate impact of bank consolidation," Working Paper 0704, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Berger, Allen N & Hannan, Timothy H, 1989. "The Price-Concentration Relationship in Banking," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 291-299, May.
- Pita Barros, Pedro, 1999. "Multimarket competition in banking, with an example from the Portuguese market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 335-352, April.
- Erik Heitfield & Robin Prager, 2004. "The Geographic Scope of Retail Deposit Markets," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 25(1), pages 37-55, February.
- Lawrence J. Radecki, 1998. "The expanding geographic reach of retail banking markets," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jun, pages 15-34.
- Hannan, Timothy H. & Prager, Robin A., 2004.
"The competitive implications of multimarket bank branching,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1889-1914, August.
- Timothy H. Hannan & Robin A. Prager, 2001. "The competitive implications of multimarket bank branching," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-43, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Calem, Paul S & Carlino, Gerald A, 1991.
"The Concentration/Conduct Relationship in Bank Deposit Markets,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, pages 268-276.
- Paul S. Calem & Gerald A. Carlino, 1989. "The concentration/conduct relationship in bank deposit markets," Working Papers 89-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Krishnan, C. N. V. & Ritchken, P. H. & Thomson, J. B., 2006.
"On Credit-Spread Slopes and Predicting Bank Risk,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(6), pages 1545-1574, September.
- C. N. V. Krishnan & Peter H. Ritchken & James B. Thomson, 2003. "On credit spread slopes and predicting bank risk," Working Paper 0314, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Kwangwoo Park & George Pennacchi, 2004. "Harming depositors and helping borrowers: the disparate impact of bank consolidation," Proceedings 939, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Valeriya Dinger, 2015. "Bank Mergers and Deposit Rate Rigidity," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 47(1), pages 27-56, February.
- Nathan H. Miller, 2008. "Competition When Consumers Value Firm Scope," EAG Discussions Papers 200807, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Jacob Bikker & Dirk Gerritsen & Steffie Schwillens, 2016.
"Competing for savings: how important is creditworthiness during the crisis?,"
DNB Working Papers
493, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- J.A. Bikker & D.F. Gerritsen & Steffie M. Schwillens, 2016. "Competing for savings : how important is creditworthiness during the crisis?," Working Papers 16-01, Utrecht School of Economics.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicolo & Abu M. Jalal, 2009. "Bank Competition, Risk, and Asset Allocations," IMF Working Papers 09/143, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:668-681 is not listed on IDEAS
- Massimiliano Affinito & Fabio Farabullini, 2006. "An empirical analysis of national differences in the retail bank interest rates of the euro area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 589, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hannan, Timothy H. & Prager, Robin A., 2009.
"The profitability of small single-market banks in an era of multi-market banking,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 263-271, February.
- Timothy H. Hannan & Robin A. Prager, 2006. "The profitability of small, single-market banks in an era of multimarket banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2006-41, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Örs, Evren & Rice, Tara, 2007. "Bank Imputed Interest Rates: Unbiased Estimates of Offered Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6036, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hirtle, Beverly, 2007.
"The impact of network size on bank branch performance,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3782-3805, December.
- Beverly Hirtle, 2005. "The impact of network size on bank branch performance," Staff Reports 211, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Evren Örs & Tara Rice, 2006. "Bank imputed interest rates: unbiased estimates of offered rates?," Working Paper Series WP-06-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:58:y:2006:i:3:p:256-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.