Implementing and interpreting event studies of regulatory changes
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Andrew B. Lyon, 1988.
"The Effect Of The Investment Tax Credit On The Value Of The Firm,"
NBER Working Papers
2537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lyon, Andrew B., 1989. "The effect of the investment tax credit on the value of the firm," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 227-247, March.
- Paul Joskow & Nancy L. Rose, 1987.
"The Effects of Economic Regulation,"
447, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Winston, Clifford, 1993. "Economic Deregulation: Days of Reckoning for Microeconomists," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1263-89, September.
- Larcker, David F. & Gordon, Lawrence A. & Pinches, George E., 1980. "Testing for Market Efficiency: A Comparison of the Cumulative Average Residual Methodology and Intervention Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 267-287, June.
- Seaks, Terry G., 1990. "The computation of test statistics for multivariate regression models in event studies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 141-145, June.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1976.
"Toward a More General Theory of Regulation,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 211-40, August.
- Karafiath, Imre, 1988. "Using Dummy Variables in the Event Methodology," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 351-57, August.
- Boardman, Anthony & Vertinsky, Ilan & Whistler, Diana, 1997. "Using information diffusion models to estimate the impacts of regulatory events on publicly traded firms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 283-300, January.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
- Frankfurter, George M. & McGoun, Elton G., 1993. "The event study: An industrial strength method," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 121-141.
- Dnes, Antony W, et al, 1998. "The Regulation of the United Kingdom Electricity Industry: An Event Study of Price-Capping Measures," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 207-25, May.
- Chen, Andrew H & Sanger, Gary C, 1985. "An Analysis of the Impact of Regulatory Change: The Case of Natural Gas Deregulation," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 36-54, February.
- Lamdin, Douglas J, 1999. "Event Studies of Regulation and New Results on the Effect of the Cigarette Advertising Ban," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 187-201, September.
- Carroll, Kathleen A & Lamdin, Douglas J, 1993. "Measuring Market Response to Regulation of the Cable TV Industry," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 385-99, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:53:y:2001:i:2-3:p:171-183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.