Implementing and interpreting event studies of regulatory changes
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peltzman, Sam, 1976.
"Toward a More General Theory of Regulation,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 211-40, August.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Rose, Nancy L., 1989.
"The effects of economic regulation,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,
in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 25, pages 1449-1506
- Becker, Gary S, 1983. "A Theory of Competition among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400, August.
- Chen, Andrew H & Sanger, Gary C, 1985. "An Analysis of the Impact of Regulatory Change: The Case of Natural Gas Deregulation," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 36-54, February.
- Andrew B. Lyon, 1988.
"The Effect Of The Investment Tax Credit On The Value Of The Firm,"
NBER Working Papers
2537, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lyon, Andrew B., 1989. "The effect of the investment tax credit on the value of the firm," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 227-247, March.
- Larcker, David F. & Gordon, Lawrence A. & Pinches, George E., 1980. "Testing for Market Efficiency: A Comparison of the Cumulative Average Residual Methodology and Intervention Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 267-287, June.
- Winston, Clifford, 1993. "Economic Deregulation: Days of Reckoning for Microeconomists," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(3), pages 1263-89, September.
- Boardman, Anthony & Vertinsky, Ilan & Whistler, Diana, 1997. "Using information diffusion models to estimate the impacts of regulatory events on publicly traded firms," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 283-300, January.
- Seaks, Terry G., 1990. "The computation of test statistics for multivariate regression models in event studies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 141-145, June.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Frankfurter, George M. & McGoun, Elton G., 1993. "The event study: An industrial strength method," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 121-141.
- Karafiath, Imre, 1988. "Using Dummy Variables in the Event Methodology," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 351-57, August.
- Carroll, Kathleen A & Lamdin, Douglas J, 1993. "Measuring Market Response to Regulation of the Cable TV Industry," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 385-99, December.
- Lamdin, Douglas J, 1999. "Event Studies of Regulation and New Results on the Effect of the Cigarette Advertising Ban," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 187-201, September.
- Dnes, Antony W, et al, 1998. "The Regulation of the United Kingdom Electricity Industry: An Event Study of Price-Capping Measures," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 207-25, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jebusi:v:53:y:2001:i:2-3:p:171-183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.