2017, Volume 66, Issue C
- 1-11 The Ethiopian Commodity Exchange and spatial price dispersion
by Andersson, Camilla & Bezabih, Mintewab & Mannberg, Andrea
- 12-24 Two experiments in one: How accounting for context matters for welfare estimates
by Marette, Stéphan & Martin, Christophe & Bouillot, Fabienne
- 25-34 Consumer preferences before and after a food safety scare: An experimental analysis of the 2010 egg recall
by Li, Tongzhe & Bernard, John C. & Johnston, Zachary A. & Messer, Kent D. & Kaiser, Harry M.
- 35-49 Consumer market segments for biofortified iron beans in Rwanda: Evidence from a hedonic testing study
by Murekezi, Abdoul & Oparinde, Adewale & Birol, Ekin
- 50-61 Welfare impacts of improved chickpea adoption: A pathway for rural development in Ethiopia?
by Verkaart, Simone & Munyua, Bernard G. & Mausch, Kai & Michler, Jeffrey D.
- 62-72 Dynamics of asymmetric conflict: The case of the German Milk Conflict
by Alpmann, Jan & Bitsch, Vera
- 73-87 REDD policy impacts on the agri-food sector and food security
by Tabeau, Andrzej & van Meijl, Hans & Overmars, Koen P. & Stehfest, Elke
- 88-96 Food self-sufficiency: Making sense of it, and when it makes sense
by Clapp, Jennifer
- 97-107 Global value chains, large-scale farming, and poverty: Long-term effects in Senegal
by Van den Broeck, Goedele & Swinnen, Johan & Maertens, Miet
2016, Volume 65, Issue C
- 1-8 Returns to food and agricultural R&D investments in Sub-Saharan Africa, 1975–2014
by Pardey, Philip G. & Andrade, Robert S. & Hurley, Terrance M. & Rao, Xudong & Liebenberg, Frikkie G.
- 9-20 Do SNAP participants expand non-food spending when they receive more SNAP Benefits?—Evidence from the 2009 SNAP benefits increase
by Kim, Jiyoon
- 21-31 Does peer monitoring influence choices between cash and food? Findings from a field experiment
by Lentz, Erin & Ouma, Robert & Mude, Andrew
- 32-52 Sowing for food security: A case study of smallholder farmers in Bolivia
by Salazar, Lina & Aramburu, Julián & González-Flores, Mario & Winters, Paul
- 53-62 Parastatals as instruments of government policy: The Food Corporation of India
by McCorriston, Steve & MacLaren, Donald
- 63-73 Facing famine: Somali experiences in the famine of 2011
by Maxwell, Daniel & Majid, Nisar & Adan, Guhad & Abdirahman, Khalif & Kim, Jeeyon Janet
- 74-89 Should we stop meating like this? Reducing meat consumption through substitution
by Apostolidis, Chrysostomos & McLeay, Fraser
2016, Volume 64, Issue C
- 1-13 Living on the edge: Household vulnerability to food-insecurity in the Punjab, Pakistan
by Azeem, Muhammad Masood & Mugera, Amin W. & Schilizzi, Steven
- 14-25 Agriculture as a funding source of ISIS: A GIS and remote sensing analysis
by Jaafar, Hadi H. & Woertz, Eckart
- 26-36 Impact of satisficing behavior in online surveys on consumer preference and welfare estimates
by Gao, Zhifeng & House, Lisa & Bi, Xiang
- 37-48 Risk preferences, risk perceptions, and risky food
by Petrolia, Daniel R.
- 49-62 Consumer preferences regarding country of origin for multiple meat products
by Balcombe, Kelvin & Bradley, Dylan & Fraser, Iain & Hussein, Mohamud
- 63-81 The impact of mandatory trans fat labeling on product mix and consumer choice: A longitudinal analysis of the U.S. Market for margarine and spreads
by Wang, Emily Y. & Wei, Hongli & Caswell, Julie A.
- 82-92 Food scandals, media attention and habit persistence among desensitised meat consumers
by Rieger, Jörg & Kuhlgatz, Christian & Anders, Sven
- 93-106 Consumer willingness to pay for beef grown using climate friendly production practices
by Li, Xiaogu & Jensen, Kimberly L. & Clark, Christopher D. & Lambert, Dayton M.
- 107-120 Why can calorie posting be apparently ineffective? The roles of two conflicting learning effects
by Shimokawa, Satoru
- 121-132 ‘Globesity’? The effects of globalization on obesity and caloric intake
by Costa-Font, Joan & Mas, Núria
2016, Volume 63, Issue C
- 1-11 The process of making trust related judgements through interaction with food labelling
by Tonkin, Emma & Meyer, Samantha B. & Coveney, John & Webb, Trevor & Wilson, Annabelle M.
- 12-22 Small is beautiful: firm size, prevention and food safety
by Rouvière, Elodie
- 23-35 National policy and state dynamics: A state-level analysis of the factors influencing the prevalence of farm to school programs in the United States
by Lyson, Helena C.
- 36-43 Matching food with mouths: A statistical explanation to the abnormal decline of per capita food consumption in rural China
by Yu, Xiaohua & Abler, David
- 44-52 Estimating the health impacts of food safety interventions: Optimal counterfactual selections via information criteria in small samples
by Wang, Huiqiang
- 53-61 Ethanol and field crops: Is there a price connection?
by Bastianin, Andrea & Galeotti, Marzio & Manera, Matteo
- 62-72 Does 25 cents more per day make a difference? The impact of livestock transfer and development in rural Zambia
by Kafle, Kashi & Winter-Nelson, Alex & Goldsmith, Peter
- 73-86 Universal food security program and nutritional intake: Evidence from the hunger prone KBK districts in Odisha
by Rahman, Andaleeb
- 87-101 How important is economic growth for reducing undernourishment in developing countries?
by Soriano, Bárbara & Garrido, Alberto
- 102-111 Food scandals, media exposure, and citizens’ safety concerns: A multilevel analysis across Chinese cities
by Liu, Peng & Ma, Liang
- 112-123 Export restrictions – Do consumers really benefit? The wheat-to-bread supply chain in Serbia
by Djuric, Ivan & Götz, Linde
- 124-133 Value of parsimonious nutritional information in a framed field experiment
by Jo, Jisung & Lusk, Jayson L. & Muller, Laurent & Ruffieux, Bernard
- 134-144 Making personalised nutrition the easy choice: Creating policies to break down the barriers and reap the benefits
by Stewart-Knox, B.J. & Markovina, J. & Rankin, A. & Bunting, B.P. & Kuznesof, S. & Fischer, A.R.H. & van der Lans, I.A. & Poínhos, R. & de Almeida, M.D.V. & Panzone, L. & Gibney, M. & Frewer, L.J.
2016, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-10 Good governance? Perceptions of accountability, transparency and effectiveness in Irish food risk governance
by Devaney, Laura
- 11-27 Explaining the performance of contract farming in Ghana: The role of self-efficacy and social capital
by Wuepper, David & Sauer, Johannes
- 28-40 Impact of agricultural interventions on the nutritional status in South Asia: A review
by Pandey, Vijay Laxmi & Mahendra Dev, S. & Jayachandran, Usha
- 41-55 School meals and pupil satisfaction. Evidence from Italian primary schools
by Maietta, Ornella Wanda & Gorgitano, Maria Teresa
- 56-64 Changes in U.S. consumer response to food safety recalls in the shadow of a BSE scare
by Taylor, Mykel & Klaiber, H. Allen & Kuchler, Fred
- 65-77 Modifying agricultural export taxes to make them less market-distorting
by Liefert, William M. & Westcott, Paul C.
- 78-87 The framing of innovation among European research funding actors: Assessing the potential for ‘responsible research and innovation’ in the food and health domain
by Khan, Shumaisa S. & Timotijevic, Lada & Newton, Rachel & Coutinho, Daniela & Llerena, José Luis & Ortega, Santiago & Benighaus, Ludger & Hofmaier, Christian & Xhaferri, Zamira & de Boer, Alie & Urban, Christine & Strähle, Michael & Da Pos, Lara & Neresini, Federico & Raats, Monique M. & Hadwiger, Klaus
- 88-98 Political economy of child nutrition policy: A qualitative study of India’s Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) scheme
by Balarajan, Yarlini & Reich, Michael R.
- 99-109 Time preferences and food choices: Evidence from a choice experiment
by De Marchi, Elisa & Caputo, Vincenzina & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Banterle, Alessandro
- 110-121 Impact of contracts in high yielding varieties seed production on profits and yield: The case of Nepal
by Mishra, Ashok K. & Kumar, Anjani & Joshi, Pramod K. & D'souza, Alwin
- 122-132 Quantifying the economic contribution of wild food harvests to rural livelihoods: A global-comparative analysis
by Hickey, Gordon M. & Pouliot, Mariève & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Wunder, Sven & Nielsen, Martin R.
- 133-141 Information, branding, certification, and consumer willingness to pay for high-iron pearl millet: Evidence from experimental auctions in Maharashtra, India
by Banerji, Abhijit & Birol, Ekin & Karandikar, Bhushana & Rampal, Jeevant
- 142-150 How do export controls affect price transmission and volatility spillovers in the Ukrainian wheat and flour markets?
by An, Henry & Qiu, Feng & Zheng, Yanan
- 151-160 Fear of climate change consequences and predictors of intentions to alter meat consumption
by Hunter, Erik & Röös, Elin
2016, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-8 Food vs. fiber: An analysis of agricultural support policy in Turkey
by Demirdöğen, Alper & Olhan, Emine & Chavas, Jean-Paul
- 9-26 Abolishing biofuel policies: Possible impacts on agricultural price levels, price variability and global food security
by Araujo Enciso, Sergio René & Fellmann, Thomas & Pérez Dominguez, Ignacio & Santini, Fabien
- 27-39 Trading-off volatility and distortions? Food policy during price spikes
by Pieters, Hannah & Swinnen, Johan
- 40-58 Who are the producers and consumers? Value chains and food policy effects in the wheat sector in Pakistan
by Briones Alonso, Elena & Swinnen, Johan
- 59-69 Does food retail access moderate the impact of fruit and vegetable incentives for SNAP participants? Evidence from western Massachusetts
by Grindal, Todd & Wilde, Parke & Schwartz, Gabe & Klerman, Jacob & Bartlett, Susan & Berman, Danielle
- 70-79 Is there a virtuous circle relationship between innovation activities and exports? A comparison of food and agricultural firms
by Alarcón, Silverio & Sánchez, Mercedes
- 80-91 Diffusion of food policy in the U.S.: The case of organic certification
by Mosier, Samantha L. & Thilmany, Dawn
- 92-102 Farmers’ marketing preferences in local coffee markets: Evidence from a choice experiment in Ethiopia
by Gelaw, Fekadu & Speelman, Stijn & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido
- 103-120 The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, energy balance, and weight gain
by MacEwan, Joanna P. & Smith, Aaron & Alston, Julian M.
- 121-125 Awareness of ag-gag laws erodes trust in farmers and increases support for animal welfare regulations
by Robbins, J.A. & Franks, B. & Weary, D.M. & von Keyserlingk, M.A.G.
- 126-131 Sustaining healthy diets: The role of capture fisheries and aquaculture for improving nutrition in the post-2015 era
by Thilsted, Shakuntala Haraksingh & Thorne-Lyman, Andrew & Webb, Patrick & Bogard, Jessica Rose & Subasinghe, Rohana & Phillips, Michael John & Allison, Edward Hugh
- 132-140 Farmer training in off-season vegetables: Effects on income and pesticide use in Bangladesh
by Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Wu, Mei-huey & Uddin, Md. Nasir & Ahmad, Shahabuddin & Hanson, Peter
- 141-155 Elicitation formats and the WTA/WTP gap: A study of climate neutral foods
by Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Lusk, Jayson L. & Pappa, Valentina
- 156-162 Effect of educational intervention on young people, targeting microbiological hazards in domestic kitchens
by Ovca, Andrej & Jevšnik, Mojca & Jereb, Gregor & Raspor, Peter
- 163-175 Food environment in the United States as a complex economic system
by Dharmasena, Senarath & Bessler, David A. & Capps, Oral
- 176-184 Consumer willingness to pay for traditional food products
by Balogh, Péter & Békési, Dániel & Gorton, Matthew & Popp, József & Lengyel, Péter
- 185-197 Child dietary quality in rural Nepal: Effectiveness of a community-level development intervention
by Darrouzet-Nardi, Amelia F. & Miller, Laurie C. & Joshi, Neena & Mahato, Shubh & Lohani, Mahendra & Rogers, Beatrice L.
- 198-212 Projected demand and supply for various foods in West Africa: Implications for investments and food policy
by Zhou, Yuan & Staatz, John
- 213-223 Environmental impact food labels combining carbon, nitrogen, and water footprints
by Leach, Allison M. & Emery, Kyle A. & Gephart, Jessica & Davis, Kyle F. & Erisman, Jan Willem & Leip, Adrian & Pace, Michael L. & D’Odorico, Paolo & Carr, Joel & Noll, Laura Cattell & Castner, Elizabeth & Galloway, James N.
2016, Volume 60, Issue C
- 1-9 Toward a food secure future: Ensuring food security for sustainable human development in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Conceição, Pedro & Levine, Sebastian & Lipton, Michael & Warren-Rodríguez, Alex
- 10-19 From food availability to nutritional capabilities: Advancing food security analysis
by Burchi, Francesco & De Muro, Pasquale
- 20-30 Sources of food price volatility and child malnutrition in Niger and Malawi
by Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Deotti, Laura & Sassi, Maria
- 31-43 Analyzing nutritional impacts of price and income related shocks in Malawi: Simulating household entitlements to food
by Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Rischke, Ramona
- 44-51 Can mobile phones improve agricultural outcomes? Evidence from a randomized experiment in Niger
by Aker, Jenny C. & Ksoll, Christopher
- 52-62 Social protection for enhanced food security in sub-Saharan Africa
by Devereux, Stephen
2016, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-11 Land rental development via institutional innovation in rural Jiangsu, China
by Ito, Junichi & Bao, Zongshun & Ni, Jing
- 12-23 How much priority is given to nutrition and health in the EU Common Agricultural Policy?
by Walls, Helen L. & Cornelsen, Laura & Lock, Karen & Smith, Richard D.
- 24-33 Dynamics of variety change on wheat farms in Pakistan: A duration analysis
by Nazli, Hina & Smale, Melinda
- 34-43 Impact of commuting by workers on household dietary diversity in rural India
by Sharma, Ajay & Chandrasekhar, S.
- 44-54 Developing an organizational typology of criminals in the meat supply chain
by Manning, Louise & Smith, Robert & Soon, Jan Mei
- 55-65 Household level spillover effects from biofuels: Evidence from castor in Ethiopia
by Riera, Olivia & Swinnen, Johan
- 66-77 Evaluating the costs of meat and poultry recalls to food firms using stock returns
by Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C.
- 78-87 Incentives for cattle producers to adopt an E. Coli vaccine: An application of best–worst scaling
by Ochieng’, Brian J. & Hobbs, Jill E.
- 88-102 Analysis of LPG, electric and induction cookers during cooking typical Ecuadorian dishes into the national efficient cooking program
by Martínez-Gómez, J. & Ibarra, D. & Villacis, S. & Cuji, P. & Cruz, P.R.
- 103-109 Producing biodiesel from soybeans in Zambia: An economic analysis
by Drabik, Dusan & de Gorter, Harry & Timilsina, Govinda R.
- 110-125 Food exporters in global value chains: Evidence from Italy
by Giovannetti, Giorgia & Marvasi, Enrico
- 126-138 How decoupled is the Single Farm Payment and does it matter for international trade?
by Urban, Kirsten & Jensen, Hans G. & Brockmeier, Martina
- 139-151 Ethical aspects of life cycle assessments of diets
by Goldstein, Benjamin & Hansen, Steffen Foss & Gjerris, Mickey & Laurent, Alexis & Birkved, Morten
- 152-164 How can the EU climate targets be met? A combined analysis of technological and demand-side changes in food and agriculture
by Bryngelsson, David & Wirsenius, Stefan & Hedenus, Fredrik & Sonesson, Ulf
- 165-173 Cooperative membership and dairy performance among smallholders in Ethiopia
by Chagwiza, Clarietta & Muradian, Roldan & Ruben, Ruerd
- 174-186 Milking the data: Measuring milk off-take in extensive livestock systems. Experimental evidence from Niger
by Zezza, Alberto & Federighi, Giovanni & Kalilou, Amadou Adamou & Hiernaux, Pierre
2016, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-13 Limiting livestock production to pasture and by-products in a search for sustainable diets
by Röös, Elin & Patel, Mikaela & Spångberg, Johanna & Carlsson, Georg & Rydhmer, Lotta
- 14-23 The impact of climate information on milk demand: Evidence from a field experiment
by Elofsson, Katarina & Bengtsson, Niklas & Matsdotter, Elina & Arntyr, Johan
- 24-34 Targeting population nutrition through municipal health and food policy: Implications of New York City’s experiences in regulatory obesity prevention
by Sisnowski, Jana & Street, Jackie M. & Braunack-Mayer, Annette
- 35-48 Reducing the land use of EU pork production: where there’s swill, there’s a way
by zu Ermgassen, Erasmus K.H.J. & Phalan, Ben & Green, Rhys E. & Balmford, Andrew
- 49-61 Drivers influencing farmer decisions for adopting organic or conventional coffee management practices
by Bravo-Monroy, L. & Potts, S.G. & Tzanopoulos, J.
- 62-69 Rising real wages, mechanization and growing advantage of large farms: Evidence from Indonesia
by Yamauchi, Futoshi
- 70-81 Cerrado meets savannah, family farmers meet peasants: The political economy of Brazil’s agricultural cooperation with Mozambique
by Zanella, Matheus A. & Milhorance, Carolina
- 82-93 Carbon footprint in green public procurement: Policy evaluation from a case study in the food sector
by Cerutti, Alessandro K. & Contu, Simone & Ardente, Fulvio & Donno, Dario & Beccaro, Gabriele L.
- 94-102 Does cooperative membership improve household welfare? Evidence from apple farmers in China
by Ma, Wanglin & Abdulai, Awudu
2015, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-12 Welfare impact of higher maize prices when allowing for heterogeneous price increases
by Levin, Jörgen & Vimefall, Elin
- 13-25 The effect of specialty coffee certification on household livelihood strategies and specialisation
by Vellema, W. & Buritica Casanova, A. & Gonzalez, C. & D’Haese, M.
- 26-39 Price stabilization and impacts of trade liberalization in the Southeast Asian rice market
by Hoang, Hoa K. & Meyers, William H.
- 40-49 Farmers’ beliefs and voluntary vaccination schemes: Bluetongue in Dutch dairy cattle
by Sok, J. & Hogeveen, H. & Elbers, A.R.W. & Oude Lansink, A.G.J.M.
- 50-61 Linking public support, R&D, innovation and productivity: New evidence from the Spanish food industry
by Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Romero, Carlos
- 62-72 Promoting local foods in small island states: The role of information policies
by Barlagne, Carla & Bazoche, Pascale & Thomas, Alban & Ozier-Lafontaine, Harry & Causeret, François & Blazy, Jean-Marc
- 73-82 Household-specific food price differentials and high-value crop production in rural Ghana
by Dzanku, Fred M.
- 83-92 Explaining grain and oilseed price volatility: The role of export restrictions
by Rude, James & An, Henry
- 93-103 Subsidy or market reform? Rethinking China’s farm consolidation strategy
by Rada, Nicholas & Wang, Chenggang & Qin, Lijian
- 104-113 How does a shorter supply chain affect pricing of fresh food? Evidence from a natural experiment
by Aysoy, Cevriye & Kirli, Duygu Halim & Tumen, Semih
- 114-127 Connected we stand: A network perspective on trade and global food security
by Sartori, Martina & Schiavo, Stefano
- 128-134 Food safety regulation and its implication on Chinese vegetable exports
by Dou, Lei & Yanagishima, Koji & Li, Xin & Li, Ping & Nakagawa, Mitsuhiro
- 135-141 Mobile phones and market information: Evidence from rural Cambodia
by Shimamoto, Daichi & Yamada, Hiroyuki & Gummert, Martin
- 142-152 Needs-based food and nutrient security indices to monitor and modify the food supply and intakes: Taiwan, 1991–2010
by Peng, Cheau-Jane & Lee, Meei-Shyuan & Wahlqvist, Mark L. & Pan, Wen-Harn & Lee, Wen-Chung & Lin, Chin & Guo, How-Ran
2015, Volume 56, Issue C
- 1-12 Is Indian agriculture becoming resilient to droughts? Evidence from rice production systems
by Birthal, Pratap S. & Negi, Digvijay S. & Khan, Md. Tajuddin & Agarwal, Shaily
- 13-24 The impacts of inclusive and exclusive taxes on healthy eating: An experimental study
by Chen, Xiu & Kaiser, Harry M. & Rickard, Bradley J.
- 25-40 Household food waste behaviour in EU-27 countries: A multilevel analysis
by Secondi, Luca & Principato, Ludovica & Laureti, Tiziana
- 41-50 Farmer seed networks make a limited contribution to agriculture? Four common misconceptions
by Coomes, Oliver T. & McGuire, Shawn J. & Garine, Eric & Caillon, Sophie & McKey, Doyle & Demeulenaere, Elise & Jarvis, Devra & Aistara, Guntra & Barnaud, Adeline & Clouvel, Pascal & Emperaire, Laure & Louafi, Sélim & Martin, Pierre & Massol, François & Pautasso, Marco & Violon, Chloé & Wencélius, Jean
- 51-58 Does rice farming shape individualism and innovation?
by Ruan, Jianqing & Xie, Zhuan & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 59-66 Food and nutrition labelling in Thailand: a long march from subsistence producers to international traders
by Rimpeekool, Wimalin & Seubsman, Sam-ang & Banwell, Cathy & Kirk, Martyn & Yiengprugsawan, Vasoontara & Sleigh, Adrian
- 67-75 Do decoupled payments affect investment financing constraints? Evidence from Irish agriculture
by O’Toole, Conor & Hennessy, Thia
- 76-86 Front of pack labels enhance attention to nutrition information in novel and commercial brands
by Becker, Mark W. & Bello, Nora M. & Sundar, Raghav P. & Peltier, Chad & Bix, Laura
- 87-99 Understanding the selection processes of public research projects in agriculture: The role of scientific merit
by Materia, V.C. & Pascucci, S. & Kolympiris, C.
- 100-113 Urban land expansion in India 1992–2012
by Gibson, John & Boe-Gibson, Geua & Stichbury, Glen
2015, Volume 55, Issue C
- 1-14 Donors and domestic policy makers: Two worlds in agricultural policy-making?
by Mockshell, Jonathan & Birner, Regina
- 15-21 Effects of centralizing meat inspection and food safety inspections in Finnish small-scale slaughterhouses
by Kotisalo, Niina & Luukkanen, Jenni & Fredriksson-Ahomaa, Maria & Lundén, Janne
- 22-32 Benchmarking the sustainability performance of the Brazilian non-GM and GM soybean meal chains: An indicator-based approach
by Gaitán-Cremaschi, Daniel & Kamali, Farahnaz Pashaei & van Evert, Frits K. & Meuwissen, Miranda P.M. & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M.
- 33-40 Effect of visual aids and individual differences of cognitive traits in judgments on food safety
by Honda, Hidehito & Ogawa, Midori & Murakoshi, Takuma & Masuda, Tomohiro & Utsumi, Ken & Park, Sora & Kimura, Atsushi & Nei, Daisuke & Wada, Yuji
- 41-53 Effects of an environmental tax on meat and dairy consumption in Sweden
by Säll, Sarah & Gren, Ing-Marie
- 54-60 Associations between soda prices and intake: Evidence from 24-h dietary recall data
by Wada, Roy & Han, Euna & Powell, Lisa M.
- 61-70 International legislation on nutrition and health claims
by de Boer, Alie & Bast, Aalt
- 71-80 Is Food and Drug Administration policy governing artisan cheese consistent with consumers’ preferences?
by Waldman, Kurt B. & Kerr, John M.
- 81-91 Reputation matters: Spillover effects for developing countries in the enforcement of US food safety measures
by Jouanjean, Marie-Agnès & Maur, Jean-Christophe & Shepherd, Ben
- 92-100 The food retail revolution in China and its association with diet and health
by Zhou, Yijing & Du, Shufa & Su, Chang & Zhang, Bing & Wang, Huijun & Popkin, Barry M.
- 101-108 Setting targets for salt levels in foods: A five-step approach for low- and middle-income countries
by Downs, Shauna M. & Christoforou, Anthea & Snowdon, Wendy & Dunford, Elizabeth & Hoejskov, Peter & Legetic, Branka & Campbell, Norm & Webster, Jacqui
- 109-116 Transaction costs and trade liberalization: An empirical perspective from the MERCOSUR agreement
by Valdes, Rodrigo & Von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan & Engler, Alejandra
- 117-130 Is more inclusive more effective? The ‘New Style’ public distribution system in India
by Kishore, Avinash & Chakrabarti, Suman
- 131-146 A systematic review of urban agriculture and food security impacts in low-income countries
by Poulsen, Melissa N. & McNab, Philip R. & Clayton, Megan L. & Neff, Roni A.
- 147-158 Price, quality and trade costs in the food sector
by Curzi, Daniele & Pacca, Lucia
2015, Volume 54, Issue C
- 1-10 Has a public–private partnership resulted in action on healthier diets in England? An analysis of the Public Health Responsibility Deal food pledges
by Knai, C. & Petticrew, M. & Durand, M.A. & Eastmure, E. & James, L. & Mehrotra, A. & Scott, C. & Mays, N.
- 11-24 Fertilizer subsidies, political influence and local food prices in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Nigeria
by Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis Saweda O.
- 25-34 Identifying viewpoints on innovation in low-input and organic dairy supply chains: A Q-methodological study
by Mandolesi, Serena & Nicholas, Philippa & Naspetti, Simona & Zanoli, Raffaele
- 35-43 Cognitive biases in the assimilation of scientific information on global warming and genetically modified food
by McFadden, Brandon R. & Lusk, Jayson L.
- 44-51 Assessing the potential for food and energy self-sufficiency on the island of Kauai, Hawaii
by Kim, Karl & Burnett, Kimberly & Ghimire, Jiwnath
- 52-64 Biosecurity and disease management in China’s animal agriculture sector
by Wei, Xinjie & Lin, Wanlong & Hennessy, David A.
- 65-77 Assessing the promise of biofortification: A case study of high provitamin A maize in Zambia
by Lividini, Keith & Fiedler, John L.
- 78-84 The economic impact of farmers’ markets and a state level locally grown campaign
by Hughes, David W. & Isengildina-Massa, Olga
- 85-94 The current status of DNA barcoding technology for species identification in fish value chains
by Clark, Lisa F.
- 95-106 Food safety and urban food markets in Vietnam: The need for flexible and customized retail modernization policies
by Wertheim-Heck, Sigrid C.O. & Vellema, Sietze & Spaargaren, Gert
- 107-115 Did the junk food tax make the Hungarians eat healthier?
by Bíró, Anikó
2015, Volume 53, Issue C
- 1-8 Consumer response to monochrome Guideline Daily Amount nutrition labels
by Boztuğ, Yasemin & Juhl, Hans Jørn & Elshiewy, Ossama & Jensen, Morten Berg
- 9-21 Weather shocks and cropland decisions in rural Mozambique
by Salazar-Espinoza, César & Jones, Sam & Tarp, Finn
- 22-32 Empirical evidence on the trade impact of asynchronous regulatory approval of new GMO events
by de Faria, Rosane Nunes & Wieck, Christine
- 33-45 What drives and constrains effective leadership in tackling child undernutrition? Findings from Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India and Kenya
by Nisbett, Nicholas & Wach, Elise & Haddad, Lawrence & El Arifeen, Shams
- 46-53 Can prolonged breastfeeding duration impair child growth? Evidence from rural Ethiopia
by Atsbeha, Daniel Muluwork & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Rickertsen, Kyrre
- 54-66 Investigating the association between urban agriculture and food security, dietary diversity, and nutritional status: A systematic literature review
by Warren, Emily & Hawkesworth, Sophie & Knai, Cécile
- 67-81 Using semiparametric models to study nutrition improvement and dietary change with different indices: The case of China
by Tian, Xu & Yu, Xiaohua
- 82-93 Pricing of eco-labels with retailer heterogeneity
by Asche, Frank & Larsen, Thomas A. & Smith, Martin D. & Sogn-Grundvåg, Geir & Young, James A.
2015, Volume 52, Issue C
- 1-8 On the political economy of guest worker programs in agriculture
by Rickard, Bradley J.
- 9-21 Supermarkets and food consumption patterns: The case of small towns in Kenya
by Rischke, Ramona & Kimenju, Simon C. & Klasen, Stephan & Qaim, Matin
- 22-32 Agricultural marketing by smallholders in Kenya: A comparison of maize, kale and dairy
by Olwande, John & Smale, Melinda & Mathenge, Mary K. & Place, Frank & Mithöfer, Dagmar
- 33-43 A model of West African millet prices in rural markets
by Higgins, Nathaniel & Hintermann, Beat & Brown, Molly E.
- 44-53 How does adopting hybrid maize affect dietary diversity on family farms? Micro-evidence from Zambia
by Smale, Melinda & Moursi, Mourad & Birol, Ekin
- 54-63 What dimensions of women’s empowerment in agriculture matter for nutrition in Ghana?
by Malapit, Hazel Jean L. & Quisumbing, Agnes R.
- 64-70 Enhancing food security of low-income consumers: An investigation of financial incentives for use at farmers markets
by Dimitri, Carolyn & Oberholtzer, Lydia & Zive, Michelle & Sandolo, Cristina
- 71-74 Consumers and trust
by Hobbs, Jill E. & Goddard, Ellen
- 75-83 Trust and willingness to pay for nanotechnology food
by Roosen, J. & Bieberstein, A. & Blanchemanche, S. & Goddard, E. & Marette, S. & Vandermoere, F.
- 84-91 The roles of human values and generalized trust on stated preferences when food is labeled with environmental footprints: Insights from Germany
by Grebitus, Carola & Steiner, Bodo & Veeman, Michele
- 92-98 Functional food choices: Impacts of trust and health control beliefs on Canadian consumers’ choices of canola oil
by Ding, Yulian & Veeman, Michele M. & Adamowicz, Wiktor L.
- 99-107 Consumer confidence in credence attributes: The role of brand trust
by Lassoued, R. & Hobbs, J.E.
- 108-114 Cause related marketing in the German retail sector: Exploring the role of consumers’ trust
by Hartmann, Monika & Klink, Jeanette & Simons, Johannes
2015, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-8 Measuring and understanding the drivers of agricultural innovation: Evidence from Ireland
by Läpple, Doris & Renwick, Alan & Thorne, Fiona
- 9-23 Innovation grants to smallholder farmers: Revisiting the key assumptions in the impact pathways
by Ton, Giel & Klerkx, Laurens & de Grip, Karin & Rau, Marie-Luise
- 24-37 The influence of water, land, energy and soil-nutrient resource interactions on the food system in Uganda
by Mukuve, Feriha Mugisha & Fenner, Richard A.
- 38-43 Public investment in U.S. agricultural R&D and the economic benefits
by Andersen, Matthew A.
- 44-52 The effects of food safety issues released by we media on consumers’ awareness and purchasing behavior: A case study in China
by Peng, Yala & Li, Jiajie & Xia, Hui & Qi, Siyuan & Li, Jianhong
- 53-62 ‘Greening the CAP’ – Just a fashionable justification? A discourse analysis of the 2014–2020 CAP reform documents
by Erjavec, Karmen & Erjavec, Emil
- 63-73 Impacts of ethanol policy on corn prices: A review and meta-analysis of recent evidence
by Condon, Nicole & Klemick, Heather & Wolverton, Ann
- 74-82 Food safety regulation and small processing: A case study of interactions between processors and inspectors
by Buckley, Jenifer A.
- 83-96 Peer effects and the rise of beer in Russia
by Deconinck, Koen & Swinnen, Johan
- 97-103 Household composition, income, and food-away-from-home expenditure in urban China
by Liu, Haiyan & Wahl, Thomas I. & Seale, James L. & Bai, Junfei
- 104-118 Trends in family labour, hired labour and contract work on French field crop farms: The role of the Common Agricultural Policy
by Dupraz, Pierre & Latruffe, Laure
- 119-130 The EU budget battle: Assessing the trade and welfare impacts of CAP budgetary reform
by Boulanger, Pierre & Philippidis, George
- 131-143 Characterisation of production, marketing and consumption patterns of farmed tilapia in the Nile Delta of Egypt
by Eltholth, Mahmoud & Fornace, Kimberly & Grace, Delia & Rushton, Jonathan & Häsler, Barbara
- 144-157 Consumer judgments of explicit and implied health claims on foods: Misguided but not misled
by Orquin, Jacob L. & Scholderer, Joachim
- 158-170 Exploring the influence of context on food safety management: Case studies of leafy greens production in Europe
by Kirezieva, Klementina & Jacxsens, Liesbeth & Hagelaar, Geoffrey J.L.F. & van Boekel, Martinus A.J.S. & Uyttendaele, Mieke & Luning, Pieternel A.
2015, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-10 The impact of healthier dietary scenarios on the global blue water scarcity footprint of food consumption in the UK
by Hess, Tim & Andersson, Ulrika & Mena, Carlos & Williams, Adrian
- 11-19 Does SNAP improve your health?
by Gregory, Christian A. & Deb, Partha
- 20-34 Why do members of congress support agricultural protection?
by Bellemare, Marc F. & Carnes, Nicholas
- 35-42 Identifying use and non-use values of animal welfare: Evidence from Swedish dairy agriculture
by Hansson, Helena & Lagerkvist, Carl Johan
- 43-52 Technical and allocative efficiency of irrigation water use in the Guanzhong Plain, China
by Tang, Jianjun & Folmer, Henk & Xue, Jianhong
- 53-67 The great Indian calorie debate: Explaining rising undernourishment during India’s rapid economic growth
by Smith, Lisa C.
- 68-79 The effect of product standards on agricultural exports
by Ferro, Esteban & Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S.
- 80-91 Welfare effects of vegetable commercialization: Evidence from smallholder producers in Kenya
by Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Matz, Julia Anna
- 92-105 Does storage technology affect adoption of improved maize varieties in Africa? Insights from Malawi’s input subsidy program
by Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Jones, Michael
- 106-113 Could the proposed WTO Special Safeguard Mechanism protect farmers from low international prices?
by Thennakoon, Jayanthi & Anderson, Kym
- 114-124 Grain subsidy, liquidity constraints and food security—Impact of the grain subsidy program on the grain-sown areas in China
by Yi, Fujin & Sun, Dingqiang & Zhou, Yingheng