Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
2017, Volume 72, Issue C
- 1-6 Food counts. Measuring food consumption and expenditures in household consumption and expenditure surveys (HCES). Introduction to the special issue
by Zezza, Alberto & Carletto, Calogero & Fiedler, John L. & Gennari, Pietro & Jolliffe, Dean
- 7-19 The impact of household food consumption data collection methods on poverty and inequality measures in Niger
by Backiny-Yetna, Prospère & Steele, Diane & Yacoubou Djima, Ismael
- 20-26 National food security assessment through the analysis of food consumption data from Household Consumption and Expenditure Surveys: The case of Brazil’s Pesquisa de Orçamento Familiares 2008/09
by Borlizzi, Andrea & Delgrossi, Mauro Eduardo & Cafiero, Carlo
- 27-42 Filling a dietary data gap? Validation of the adult male equivalent method of estimating individual nutrient intakes from household-level data in Ethiopia and Bangladesh
by Coates, Jennifer & Rogers, Beatrice Lorge & Blau, Alexander & Lauer, Jacqueline & Roba, Alemzewed
- 43-52 The impact of survey characteristics on the measurement of food consumption
by Conforti, Piero & Grünberger, Klaus & Troubat, Nathalie
- 53-61 A comparison of recall and diary food expenditure data
by Brzozowski, Matthew & Crossley, Thomas F. & Winter, Joachim K.
- 62-71 Lessons learned from the national household food acquisition and purchase survey in the United States
by Kirlin, John A. & Denbaly, Mark
- 72-80 Investigating the significance of the data collection period of household consumption and expenditures surveys for food and nutrition policymaking: Analysis of the 2010 Bangladesh household income and expenditure survey
by Engle-Stone, Reina & Sununtnasuk, Celeste & Fiedler, John L.
- 81-93 How can we better capture food away from Home? Lessons from India’s linking person-level meal and household-level food data
by Fiedler, John L. & Yadav, Suryakant
- 94-111 Decomposing response error in food consumption measurement: Implications for survey design from a randomized survey experiment in Tanzania
by Friedman, Jed & Beegle, Kathleen & De Weerdt, Joachim & Gibson, John
- 112-120 Validating the usage of household food acquisition surveys to assess the consumption of ultra-processed foods: Evidence from Brazil
by Louzada, Maria Laura da Costa & Levy, Renata Bertazzi & Martins, Ana Paula Bortoletto & Claro, Rafael Moreira & Steele, Euridice Martinez & Verly Jr., Eliseu & Cafiero, Carlo & Monteiro, Carlos Augusto
- 121-131 Can household-based food consumption surveys be used to make inferences about nutrient intakes and inadequacies? A Bangladesh case study
by Sununtnasuk, Celeste & Fiedler, John L.
- 132-145 Impact of survey design in the estimation of habitual food consumption
by Troubat, Nathalie & Grünberger, Klaus
- 146-156 You are what (and where) you eat: Capturing food away from home in welfare measures
by Farfán, Gabriela & Genoni, María Eugenia & Vakis, Renos
2017, Volume 71, Issue C
- 1-7 Viewpoint: Can U.S. local soda taxes continue to spread?
by Paarlberg, Robert & Mozaffarian, Dariush & Micha, Renata
- 8-16 Evaluating the net benefits of collective reputation: The case of Bordeaux wine
by Gergaud, Olivier & Livat, Florine & Rickard, Bradley & Warzynski, Frederic
- 17-26 Empirical effects of short-term export bans: The case of African maize
by Porteous, Obie
- 27-38 Food security implications of staple food substitution in Sahelian West Africa
by Haggblade, Steven & Me-Nsope, Nathalie M. & Staatz, John M.
- 39-47 Food environments in Malta: Associations with store size and area-level deprivation
by Cauchi, Daniel & Pliakas, Triantafyllos & Knai, Cécile
- 48-61 Assessing food insecurity in Latin America and the Caribbean using FAO’s Food Insecurity Experience Scale
by Smith, Michael D. & Kassa, Woubet & Winters, Paul
- 62-73 Habit spillovers or induced awareness: Willingness to pay for eco-labels of rice in China
by Zhou, Jiehong & Liu, Qing & Mao, Rui & Yu, Xiaohua
- 74-85 Trading off nutrition and education? A panel data analysis of the dissimilar welfare effects of Organic and Fairtrade standards
by Meemken, Eva-Marie & Spielman, David J. & Qaim, Matin
- 86-100 Designing a tax to discourage unhealthy food and beverage purchases: The case of Chile
by Caro, Juan Carlos & Ng, Shu Wen & Taillie, Lindsey Smith & Popkin, Barry M.
- 101-110 Barriers and potential facilitators to the implementation of government policies on front-of-pack food labeling and restriction of unhealthy food advertising in Thailand
by Phulkerd, Sirinya & Sacks, Gary & Vandevijvere, Stefanie & Worsley, Anthony & Lawrence, Mark
- 111-123 The big bug: The legitimation of the edible insect sector in the Netherlands
by Marberg, Angela & van Kranenburg, Hans & Korzilius, Hubert
- 124-131 Factors associated with the healthfulness of food shelf orders
by Cureton, Colin & King, Robert P. & Warren, Cael & Grannon, Katherine Young & Hoolihan, Courtney & Janowiec, Mark & Nanney, Marilyn S.
- 132-142 Quinoa quandary: Cultural tastes and nutrition in Peru
by Stevens, Andrew W.
2017, Volume 70, Issue C
- 1-12 Review: Food loss and waste in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 13-26 Adoption of food safety measures on milk production in Nepal: Impact on smallholders’ farm-gate prices and profitability
by Kumar, Anjani & Thapa, Ganesh & Roy, Devesh & Joshi, P.K.
- 27-39 Explaining the reduction in child undernutrition in the Indian state of Maharashtra between 2006 and 2012: An analysis of the policy processes
by Nisbett, Nicholas & Barnett, Inka
- 40-49 The development and application of a sustainable diets framework for policy analysis: A case study of Nepal
by Downs, Shauna M. & Payne, Alex & Fanzo, Jessica
- 50-61 How do inputs and weather drive wheat yield volatility? The example of Germany
by Albers, Hakon & Gornott, Christoph & Hüttel, Silke
- 62-70 Eating at the limits: Barriers to the emergence of social enterprise initiatives in the Australian emergency food relief sector
by Wills, Benjamin
- 71-83 Agricultural research spending must increase in light of future uncertainties
by Cai, Yongyang & Golub, Alla A. & Hertel, Thomas W.
- 84-97 Perspectives on the coordination of multisectoral nutrition in Mozambique and an emerging framework
by Michaud-Létourneau, Isabelle & Pelletier, David Louis
2017, Volume 69, Issue C
- 1-10 Viewpoint: Beyond carrots and sticks: Europeans support health nudges
by Reisch, Lucia A. & Sunstein, Cass R. & Gwozdz, Wencke
- 11-24 Economic crisis and the unemployment effect on household food expenditure: The case of Spain
by Antelo, Manel & Magdalena, Pilar & Reboredo, Juan C.
- 25-34 Consumers’ willingness-to-pay for food safety labels in an emerging market: The case of fresh produce in Thailand
by Wongprawmas, Rungsaran & Canavari, Maurizio
- 35-45 Potential for recoupling production and consumption in peri-urban territories: The case-study of the Saclay plateau near Paris, France
by Tedesco, Camille & Petit, Caroline & Billen, Gilles & Garnier, Josette & Personne, Erwan
- 46-57 Healthy, sustainable and plant-based eating: Perceived (mis)match and involvement-based consumer segments as targets for future policy
by Van Loo, Ellen J. & Hoefkens, Christine & Verbeke, Wim
- 58-67 On food security and the economic valuation of food
by Chavas, Jean-Paul
- 68-81 Smallholder productivity and weather shocks: Adoption and impact of widely promoted agricultural practices in Tanzania
by Arslan, Aslihan & Belotti, Federico & Lipper, Leslie
- 82-96 Consumer valuation of information about food safety achieved using biotechnology: Evidence from new potato products
by McFadden, Jonathan R. & Huffman, Wallace E.
- 97-109 Heterogeneous returns to chemical fertilizer at the intensive margins: Insights from Nepal
by Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Adhikari, Rajendra Prasad & Shivakoti, Sabnam & Kaphle, Basu Dev & Kumar, Anjani
- 110-122 Food industry structure in Norway and Denmark since the 1990s
by Klimek, Bjørn & Hansen, Henning Otte
- 123-134 Effects of trade and agricultural policies on the structure of the U.S. tomato industry
by Perez, Maria P. & Ribera, Luis A. & Palma, Marco A.
- 135-144 Public Private Partnerships in food industries: A road to success?
by Rouvière, Elodie & Royer, Annie
- 145-153 Food safety recall effects across meat products and regions
by Shang, Xia & Tonsor, Glynn T.
- 154-165 Organic price premium or penalty? A comparative market analysis of organic wines from Tuscany
by Abraben, Lane A. & Grogan, Kelly A. & Gao, Zhifeng
- 166-175 Illegal activity in the UK halal (sheep) supply chain: Towards greater understanding
by McElwee, Gerard & Smith, Robert & Lever, John
- 176-189 A consumer-oriented model for analysing the suitability of food classification systems
by Marano-Marcolini, Carla & Torres-Ruiz, Francisco J.
- 190-206 The impact of farm input subsidies on maize marketing in Malawi
by Sibande, Lonester & Bailey, Alastair & Davidova, Sophia
- 207-217 Vice or virtue: How shopping frequency affects healthfulness of food choices
by Rudi, Jeta & Çakır, Metin
- 218-230 Does trade openness contribute to food security? A dynamic panel analysis
by Dithmer, Jan & Abdulai, Awudu
- 231-242 Small farmer cooperatives and voluntary coffee certifications: Rewarding progressive farmers of engendering widespread change in Costa Rica?
by Snider, Anna & Gutiérrez, Isabel & Sibelet, Nicole & Faure, Guy
- 243-255 A comparative political economic analysis of maize sector policies in eastern and southern Africa
by Sitko, Nicholas J. & Chamberlin, Jordan & Cunguara, Benedito & Muyanga, Milu & Mangisoni, Julius
- 256-269 A tale of two tails: Explaining extreme events in financialized agricultural markets
by Algieri, Bernardina & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Koch, Nicolas
- 270-279 Women’s empowerment and gender equity in agriculture: A different perspective from Southeast Asia
by Akter, Sonia & Rutsaert, Pieter & Luis, Joyce & Htwe, Nyo Me & San, Su Su & Raharjo, Budi & Pustika, Arlyna
2017, Volume 68, Issue C
- 1-9 Benefit or damage? The productivity effects of FDI in the Chinese food industry
by Jin, Shaosheng & Guo, Haiyue & Delgado, Michael S. & Wang, H. Holly
- 10-20 What is this thing called organic? – How organic farming is codified in regulations
by Seufert, Verena & Ramankutty, Navin & Mayerhofer, Tabea
- 21-30 The economic impact of hurricanes on bananas: A case study of Dominica using synthetic control methods
by Mohan, Preeya
- 31-39 Assessing food value chain pathways, linkages and impacts for better nutrition of vulnerable groups
by Maestre, Mar & Poole, Nigel & Henson, Spencer
- 40-52 Combining two wrongs to make two rights: Mitigating food insecurity and food waste through gleaning operations
by Lee, Deishin & Sönmez, Erkut & Gómez, Miguel I. & Fan, Xiaoli
- 53-64 How do stakeholder interactions influence national food security policy in the Caribbean? The case of Saint Lucia
by Saint Ville, Arlette S. & Hickey, Gordon M. & Phillip, Leroy E.
- 65-76 Taking measures in times of crisis: The political economy of obesity prevention in Spain
by Gracia-Arnaiz, Mabel
- 77-88 Potential dietary outcomes of changing relative prices of healthy and less healthy foods: The case of ready-to-eat breakfast cereals
by Lin, Biing-Hwan & Dong, Diansheng & Carlson, Andrea & Rahkovsky, Ilya
- 89-99 Calories, conflict and correlates: Redistributive food security in post-conflict Iraq
by San Ahmed, Arsalan & Holloway, Garth John
- 100-111 Farmers’ preferences for supermarket contracts in Kenya
by Ochieng, Dennis O. & Veettil, Prakashan C. & Qaim, Matin
- 112-127 Citizens, consumers and farm animal welfare: A meta-analysis of willingness-to-pay studies
by Clark, Beth & Stewart, Gavin B. & Panzone, Luca A. & Kyriazakis, Ilias & Frewer, Lynn J.
- 128-142 Supply chains and economic development: Insights from the Indian dairy sector
by Squicciarini, Mara P. & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Janssen, Emma & Swinnen, Jo
- 143-153 Market approval of phytosanitary active substances in Europe: An empirical duration analysis
by Aka, Joël
- 154-159 Do markets and trade help or hurt the global food system adapt to climate change?
by Brown, Molly E. & Carr, Edward R. & Grace, Kathryn L. & Wiebe, Keith & Funk, Christopher C. & Attavanich, Witsanu & Backlund, Peter & Buja, Lawrence
- 160-185 Local poverty reduction in Chile and Mexico: The role of food manufacturing growth
by Cazzuffi, Chiara & Pereira-López, Mariana & Soloaga, Isidro
- 186-192 An experiment on cash and in-kind transfers with application to food assistance programs
by Lusk, Jayson L. & Weaver, Amanda
- 193-205 The measurement of household food security: Correlation and latent variable analysis of alternative indicators in a large multi-country dataset
by Vaitla, Bapu & Coates, Jennifer & Glaeser, Laura & Hillbruner, Christopher & Biswal, Preetish & Maxwell, Daniel
- 206-213 The economic impact of the Food and Drug Administration’s Final Juice HACCP Rule
by Minor, Travis & Parrett, Matt
- 214-232 Willingness-to-pay for natural, organic, and conventional foods: The effects of information and meaningful labels
by McFadden, Jonathan R. & Huffman, Wallace E.
- 233-247 Reducing transatlantic barriers on U.S.-EU agri-food trade: What are the possible gains?
by Arita, Shawn & Beckman, Jayson & Mitchell, Lorraine
2017, Volume 67, Issue C
- 12-25 Ten striking facts about agricultural input use in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 26-40 Agricultural intensification: The status in six African countries
by Binswanger-Mkhize, Hans P. & Savastano, Sara
- 41-51 Is increasing inorganic fertilizer use for maize production in SSA a profitable proposition? Evidence from Nigeria
by Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis Saweda O. & Omonona, Bolarin T. & Sanou, Awa & Ogunleye, Wale O.
- 52-63 How much of the labor in African agriculture is provided by women?
by Palacios-Lopez, Amparo & Christiaensen, Luc & Kilic, Talip
- 64-77 Agricultural factor markets in Sub-Saharan Africa: An updated view with formal tests for market failure
by Dillon, Brian & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 78-92 Smallholders’ land access in Sub-Saharan Africa: A new landscape?
by Deininger, Klaus & Savastano, Sara & Xia, Fang
- 93-105 Agricultural input credit in Sub-Saharan Africa: Telling myth from facts
by Adjognon, Serge G. & Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis Saweda O. & Reardon, Thomas A.
- 106-118 Agricultural commercialization and nutrition revisited: Empirical evidence from three African countries
by Carletto, Calogero & Corral, Paul & Guelfi, Anita
- 119-132 Food price seasonality in Africa: Measurement and extent
by Gilbert, Christopher L. & Christiaensen, Luc & Kaminski, Jonathan
- 133-152 Labor productivity and employment gaps in Sub-Saharan Africa
by McCullough, Ellen B.
- 153-174 Are African households (not) leaving agriculture? Patterns of households’ income sources in rural Sub-Saharan Africa
by Davis, Benjamin & Di Giuseppe, Stefania & Zezza, Alberto
- 175-191 Non-farm entrepreneurship in rural sub-Saharan Africa: New empirical evidence
by Nagler, Paula & Naudé, Wim
2017, Volume 66, Issue C
- 1-11 The Ethiopian Commodity Exchange and spatial price dispersion
by Andersson, Camilla & Bezabih, Mintewab & Mannberg, Andrea
- 12-24 Two experiments in one: How accounting for context matters for welfare estimates
by Marette, Stéphan & Martin, Christophe & Bouillot, Fabienne
- 25-34 Consumer preferences before and after a food safety scare: An experimental analysis of the 2010 egg recall
by Li, Tongzhe & Bernard, John C. & Johnston, Zachary A. & Messer, Kent D. & Kaiser, Harry M.
- 35-49 Consumer market segments for biofortified iron beans in Rwanda: Evidence from a hedonic testing study
by Murekezi, Abdoul & Oparinde, Adewale & Birol, Ekin
- 50-61 Welfare impacts of improved chickpea adoption: A pathway for rural development in Ethiopia?
by Verkaart, Simone & Munyua, Bernard G. & Mausch, Kai & Michler, Jeffrey D.
- 62-72 Dynamics of asymmetric conflict: The case of the German Milk Conflict
by Alpmann, Jan & Bitsch, Vera
- 73-87 REDD policy impacts on the agri-food sector and food security
by Tabeau, Andrzej & van Meijl, Hans & Overmars, Koen P. & Stehfest, Elke
- 88-96 Food self-sufficiency: Making sense of it, and when it makes sense
by Clapp, Jennifer
- 97-107 Global value chains, large-scale farming, and poverty: Long-term effects in Senegal
by Van den Broeck, Goedele & Swinnen, Johan & Maertens, Miet
2016, Volume 65, Issue C
- 1-8 Returns to food and agricultural R&D investments in Sub-Saharan Africa, 1975–2014
by Pardey, Philip G. & Andrade, Robert S. & Hurley, Terrance M. & Rao, Xudong & Liebenberg, Frikkie G.
- 9-20 Do SNAP participants expand non-food spending when they receive more SNAP Benefits?—Evidence from the 2009 SNAP benefits increase
by Kim, Jiyoon
- 21-31 Does peer monitoring influence choices between cash and food? Findings from a field experiment
by Lentz, Erin & Ouma, Robert & Mude, Andrew
- 32-52 Sowing for food security: A case study of smallholder farmers in Bolivia
by Salazar, Lina & Aramburu, Julián & González-Flores, Mario & Winters, Paul
- 53-62 Parastatals as instruments of government policy: The Food Corporation of India
by McCorriston, Steve & MacLaren, Donald
- 63-73 Facing famine: Somali experiences in the famine of 2011
by Maxwell, Daniel & Majid, Nisar & Adan, Guhad & Abdirahman, Khalif & Kim, Jeeyon Janet
- 74-89 Should we stop meating like this? Reducing meat consumption through substitution
by Apostolidis, Chrysostomos & McLeay, Fraser
2016, Volume 64, Issue C
- 1-13 Living on the edge: Household vulnerability to food-insecurity in the Punjab, Pakistan
by Azeem, Muhammad Masood & Mugera, Amin W. & Schilizzi, Steven
- 14-25 Agriculture as a funding source of ISIS: A GIS and remote sensing analysis
by Jaafar, Hadi H. & Woertz, Eckart
- 26-36 Impact of satisficing behavior in online surveys on consumer preference and welfare estimates
by Gao, Zhifeng & House, Lisa & Bi, Xiang
- 37-48 Risk preferences, risk perceptions, and risky food
by Petrolia, Daniel R.
- 49-62 Consumer preferences regarding country of origin for multiple meat products
by Balcombe, Kelvin & Bradley, Dylan & Fraser, Iain & Hussein, Mohamud
- 63-81 The impact of mandatory trans fat labeling on product mix and consumer choice: A longitudinal analysis of the U.S. Market for margarine and spreads
by Wang, Emily Y. & Wei, Hongli & Caswell, Julie A.
- 82-92 Food scandals, media attention and habit persistence among desensitised meat consumers
by Rieger, Jörg & Kuhlgatz, Christian & Anders, Sven
- 93-106 Consumer willingness to pay for beef grown using climate friendly production practices
by Li, Xiaogu & Jensen, Kimberly L. & Clark, Christopher D. & Lambert, Dayton M.
- 107-120 Why can calorie posting be apparently ineffective? The roles of two conflicting learning effects
by Shimokawa, Satoru
- 121-132 ‘Globesity’? The effects of globalization on obesity and caloric intake
by Costa-Font, Joan & Mas, Núria
2016, Volume 63, Issue C
- 1-11 The process of making trust related judgements through interaction with food labelling
by Tonkin, Emma & Meyer, Samantha B. & Coveney, John & Webb, Trevor & Wilson, Annabelle M.
- 12-22 Small is beautiful: firm size, prevention and food safety
by Rouvière, Elodie
- 23-35 National policy and state dynamics: A state-level analysis of the factors influencing the prevalence of farm to school programs in the United States
by Lyson, Helena C.
- 36-43 Matching food with mouths: A statistical explanation to the abnormal decline of per capita food consumption in rural China
by Yu, Xiaohua & Abler, David
- 44-52 Estimating the health impacts of food safety interventions: Optimal counterfactual selections via information criteria in small samples
by Wang, Huiqiang
- 53-61 Ethanol and field crops: Is there a price connection?
by Bastianin, Andrea & Galeotti, Marzio & Manera, Matteo
- 62-72 Does 25 cents more per day make a difference? The impact of livestock transfer and development in rural Zambia
by Kafle, Kashi & Winter-Nelson, Alex & Goldsmith, Peter
- 73-86 Universal food security program and nutritional intake: Evidence from the hunger prone KBK districts in Odisha
by Rahman, Andaleeb
- 87-101 How important is economic growth for reducing undernourishment in developing countries?
by Soriano, Bárbara & Garrido, Alberto
- 102-111 Food scandals, media exposure, and citizens’ safety concerns: A multilevel analysis across Chinese cities
by Liu, Peng & Ma, Liang
- 112-123 Export restrictions – Do consumers really benefit? The wheat-to-bread supply chain in Serbia
by Djuric, Ivan & Götz, Linde
- 124-133 Value of parsimonious nutritional information in a framed field experiment
by Jo, Jisung & Lusk, Jayson L. & Muller, Laurent & Ruffieux, Bernard
- 134-144 Making personalised nutrition the easy choice: Creating policies to break down the barriers and reap the benefits
by Stewart-Knox, B.J. & Markovina, J. & Rankin, A. & Bunting, B.P. & Kuznesof, S. & Fischer, A.R.H. & van der Lans, I.A. & Poínhos, R. & de Almeida, M.D.V. & Panzone, L. & Gibney, M. & Frewer, L.J.
2016, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-10 Good governance? Perceptions of accountability, transparency and effectiveness in Irish food risk governance
by Devaney, Laura
- 11-27 Explaining the performance of contract farming in Ghana: The role of self-efficacy and social capital
by Wuepper, David & Sauer, Johannes
- 28-40 Impact of agricultural interventions on the nutritional status in South Asia: A review
by Pandey, Vijay Laxmi & Mahendra Dev, S. & Jayachandran, Usha
- 41-55 School meals and pupil satisfaction. Evidence from Italian primary schools
by Maietta, Ornella Wanda & Gorgitano, Maria Teresa
- 56-64 Changes in U.S. consumer response to food safety recalls in the shadow of a BSE scare
by Taylor, Mykel & Klaiber, H. Allen & Kuchler, Fred
- 65-77 Modifying agricultural export taxes to make them less market-distorting
by Liefert, William M. & Westcott, Paul C.
- 78-87 The framing of innovation among European research funding actors: Assessing the potential for ‘responsible research and innovation’ in the food and health domain
by Khan, Shumaisa S. & Timotijevic, Lada & Newton, Rachel & Coutinho, Daniela & Llerena, José Luis & Ortega, Santiago & Benighaus, Ludger & Hofmaier, Christian & Xhaferri, Zamira & de Boer, Alie & Urban, Christine & Strähle, Michael & Da Pos, Lara & Neresini, Federico & Raats, Monique M. & Hadwiger, Klaus
- 88-98 Political economy of child nutrition policy: A qualitative study of India’s Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) scheme
by Balarajan, Yarlini & Reich, Michael R.
- 99-109 Time preferences and food choices: Evidence from a choice experiment
by De Marchi, Elisa & Caputo, Vincenzina & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Banterle, Alessandro
- 110-121 Impact of contracts in high yielding varieties seed production on profits and yield: The case of Nepal
by Mishra, Ashok K. & Kumar, Anjani & Joshi, Pramod K. & D'souza, Alwin
- 122-132 Quantifying the economic contribution of wild food harvests to rural livelihoods: A global-comparative analysis
by Hickey, Gordon M. & Pouliot, Mariève & Smith-Hall, Carsten & Wunder, Sven & Nielsen, Martin R.
- 133-141 Information, branding, certification, and consumer willingness to pay for high-iron pearl millet: Evidence from experimental auctions in Maharashtra, India
by Banerji, Abhijit & Birol, Ekin & Karandikar, Bhushana & Rampal, Jeevant
- 142-150 How do export controls affect price transmission and volatility spillovers in the Ukrainian wheat and flour markets?
by An, Henry & Qiu, Feng & Zheng, Yanan
- 151-160 Fear of climate change consequences and predictors of intentions to alter meat consumption
by Hunter, Erik & Röös, Elin
2016, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-8 Food vs. fiber: An analysis of agricultural support policy in Turkey
by Demirdöğen, Alper & Olhan, Emine & Chavas, Jean-Paul
- 9-26 Abolishing biofuel policies: Possible impacts on agricultural price levels, price variability and global food security
by Araujo Enciso, Sergio René & Fellmann, Thomas & Pérez Dominguez, Ignacio & Santini, Fabien
- 27-39 Trading-off volatility and distortions? Food policy during price spikes
by Pieters, Hannah & Swinnen, Johan
- 40-58 Who are the producers and consumers? Value chains and food policy effects in the wheat sector in Pakistan
by Briones Alonso, Elena & Swinnen, Johan
- 59-69 Does food retail access moderate the impact of fruit and vegetable incentives for SNAP participants? Evidence from western Massachusetts
by Grindal, Todd & Wilde, Parke & Schwartz, Gabe & Klerman, Jacob & Bartlett, Susan & Berman, Danielle
- 70-79 Is there a virtuous circle relationship between innovation activities and exports? A comparison of food and agricultural firms
by Alarcón, Silverio & Sánchez, Mercedes
- 80-91 Diffusion of food policy in the U.S.: The case of organic certification
by Mosier, Samantha L. & Thilmany, Dawn
- 92-102 Farmers’ marketing preferences in local coffee markets: Evidence from a choice experiment in Ethiopia
by Gelaw, Fekadu & Speelman, Stijn & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido
- 103-120 The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, energy balance, and weight gain
by MacEwan, Joanna P. & Smith, Aaron & Alston, Julian M.
- 121-125 Awareness of ag-gag laws erodes trust in farmers and increases support for animal welfare regulations
by Robbins, J.A. & Franks, B. & Weary, D.M. & von Keyserlingk, M.A.G.
- 126-131 Sustaining healthy diets: The role of capture fisheries and aquaculture for improving nutrition in the post-2015 era
by Thilsted, Shakuntala Haraksingh & Thorne-Lyman, Andrew & Webb, Patrick & Bogard, Jessica Rose & Subasinghe, Rohana & Phillips, Michael John & Allison, Edward Hugh
- 132-140 Farmer training in off-season vegetables: Effects on income and pesticide use in Bangladesh
by Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Wu, Mei-huey & Uddin, Md. Nasir & Ahmad, Shahabuddin & Hanson, Peter
- 141-155 Elicitation formats and the WTA/WTP gap: A study of climate neutral foods
by Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Lusk, Jayson L. & Pappa, Valentina
- 156-162 Effect of educational intervention on young people, targeting microbiological hazards in domestic kitchens
by Ovca, Andrej & Jevšnik, Mojca & Jereb, Gregor & Raspor, Peter
- 163-175 Food environment in the United States as a complex economic system
by Dharmasena, Senarath & Bessler, David A. & Capps, Oral
- 176-184 Consumer willingness to pay for traditional food products
by Balogh, Péter & Békési, Dániel & Gorton, Matthew & Popp, József & Lengyel, Péter
- 185-197 Child dietary quality in rural Nepal: Effectiveness of a community-level development intervention
by Darrouzet-Nardi, Amelia F. & Miller, Laurie C. & Joshi, Neena & Mahato, Shubh & Lohani, Mahendra & Rogers, Beatrice L.
- 198-212 Projected demand and supply for various foods in West Africa: Implications for investments and food policy
by Zhou, Yuan & Staatz, John
- 213-223 Environmental impact food labels combining carbon, nitrogen, and water footprints
by Leach, Allison M. & Emery, Kyle A. & Gephart, Jessica & Davis, Kyle F. & Erisman, Jan Willem & Leip, Adrian & Pace, Michael L. & D’Odorico, Paolo & Carr, Joel & Noll, Laura Cattell & Castner, Elizabeth & Galloway, James N.
2016, Volume 60, Issue C
- 1-9 Toward a food secure future: Ensuring food security for sustainable human development in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Conceição, Pedro & Levine, Sebastian & Lipton, Michael & Warren-Rodríguez, Alex
- 10-19 From food availability to nutritional capabilities: Advancing food security analysis
by Burchi, Francesco & De Muro, Pasquale
- 20-30 Sources of food price volatility and child malnutrition in Niger and Malawi
by Cornia, Giovanni Andrea & Deotti, Laura & Sassi, Maria
- 31-43 Analyzing nutritional impacts of price and income related shocks in Malawi: Simulating household entitlements to food
by Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Rischke, Ramona
- 44-51 Can mobile phones improve agricultural outcomes? Evidence from a randomized experiment in Niger
by Aker, Jenny C. & Ksoll, Christopher
- 52-62 Social protection for enhanced food security in sub-Saharan Africa
by Devereux, Stephen
2016, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-11 Land rental development via institutional innovation in rural Jiangsu, China
by Ito, Junichi & Bao, Zongshun & Ni, Jing
- 12-23 How much priority is given to nutrition and health in the EU Common Agricultural Policy?
by Walls, Helen L. & Cornelsen, Laura & Lock, Karen & Smith, Richard D.
- 24-33 Dynamics of variety change on wheat farms in Pakistan: A duration analysis
by Nazli, Hina & Smale, Melinda
- 34-43 Impact of commuting by workers on household dietary diversity in rural India
by Sharma, Ajay & Chandrasekhar, S.
- 44-54 Developing an organizational typology of criminals in the meat supply chain
by Manning, Louise & Smith, Robert & Soon, Jan Mei
- 55-65 Household level spillover effects from biofuels: Evidence from castor in Ethiopia
by Riera, Olivia & Swinnen, Johan
- 66-77 Evaluating the costs of meat and poultry recalls to food firms using stock returns
by Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C.
- 78-87 Incentives for cattle producers to adopt an E. Coli vaccine: An application of best–worst scaling
by Ochieng’, Brian J. & Hobbs, Jill E.
- 88-102 Analysis of LPG, electric and induction cookers during cooking typical Ecuadorian dishes into the national efficient cooking program
by Martínez-Gómez, J. & Ibarra, D. & Villacis, S. & Cuji, P. & Cruz, P.R.
- 103-109 Producing biodiesel from soybeans in Zambia: An economic analysis
by Drabik, Dusan & de Gorter, Harry & Timilsina, Govinda R.
- 110-125 Food exporters in global value chains: Evidence from Italy
by Giovannetti, Giorgia & Marvasi, Enrico
- 126-138 How decoupled is the Single Farm Payment and does it matter for international trade?
by Urban, Kirsten & Jensen, Hans G. & Brockmeier, Martina
- 139-151 Ethical aspects of life cycle assessments of diets
by Goldstein, Benjamin & Hansen, Steffen Foss & Gjerris, Mickey & Laurent, Alexis & Birkved, Morten
- 152-164 How can the EU climate targets be met? A combined analysis of technological and demand-side changes in food and agriculture
by Bryngelsson, David & Wirsenius, Stefan & Hedenus, Fredrik & Sonesson, Ulf
- 165-173 Cooperative membership and dairy performance among smallholders in Ethiopia
by Chagwiza, Clarietta & Muradian, Roldan & Ruben, Ruerd
- 174-186 Milking the data: Measuring milk off-take in extensive livestock systems. Experimental evidence from Niger
by Zezza, Alberto & Federighi, Giovanni & Kalilou, Amadou Adamou & Hiernaux, Pierre
2016, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-13 Limiting livestock production to pasture and by-products in a search for sustainable diets
by Röös, Elin & Patel, Mikaela & Spångberg, Johanna & Carlsson, Georg & Rydhmer, Lotta
- 14-23 The impact of climate information on milk demand: Evidence from a field experiment
by Elofsson, Katarina & Bengtsson, Niklas & Matsdotter, Elina & Arntyr, Johan
- 24-34 Targeting population nutrition through municipal health and food policy: Implications of New York City’s experiences in regulatory obesity prevention
by Sisnowski, Jana & Street, Jackie M. & Braunack-Mayer, Annette
- 35-48 Reducing the land use of EU pork production: where there’s swill, there’s a way
by zu Ermgassen, Erasmus K.H.J. & Phalan, Ben & Green, Rhys E. & Balmford, Andrew
- 49-61 Drivers influencing farmer decisions for adopting organic or conventional coffee management practices
by Bravo-Monroy, L. & Potts, S.G. & Tzanopoulos, J.
- 62-69 Rising real wages, mechanization and growing advantage of large farms: Evidence from Indonesia
by Yamauchi, Futoshi
- 70-81 Cerrado meets savannah, family farmers meet peasants: The political economy of Brazil’s agricultural cooperation with Mozambique
by Zanella, Matheus A. & Milhorance, Carolina
- 82-93 Carbon footprint in green public procurement: Policy evaluation from a case study in the food sector
by Cerutti, Alessandro K. & Contu, Simone & Ardente, Fulvio & Donno, Dario & Beccaro, Gabriele L.
- 94-102 Does cooperative membership improve household welfare? Evidence from apple farmers in China
by Ma, Wanglin & Abdulai, Awudu
2015, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-12 Welfare impact of higher maize prices when allowing for heterogeneous price increases
by Levin, Jörgen & Vimefall, Elin
- 13-25 The effect of specialty coffee certification on household livelihood strategies and specialisation
by Vellema, W. & Buritica Casanova, A. & Gonzalez, C. & D’Haese, M.
- 26-39 Price stabilization and impacts of trade liberalization in the Southeast Asian rice market
by Hoang, Hoa K. & Meyers, William H.
- 40-49 Farmers’ beliefs and voluntary vaccination schemes: Bluetongue in Dutch dairy cattle
by Sok, J. & Hogeveen, H. & Elbers, A.R.W. & Oude Lansink, A.G.J.M.
- 50-61 Linking public support, R&D, innovation and productivity: New evidence from the Spanish food industry
by Acosta, Manuel & Coronado, Daniel & Romero, Carlos
- 62-72 Promoting local foods in small island states: The role of information policies
by Barlagne, Carla & Bazoche, Pascale & Thomas, Alban & Ozier-Lafontaine, Harry & Causeret, François & Blazy, Jean-Marc
- 73-82 Household-specific food price differentials and high-value crop production in rural Ghana
by Dzanku, Fred M.