2015, Volume 51, Issue C
- 1-8 Measuring and understanding the drivers of agricultural innovation: Evidence from Ireland
by Läpple, Doris & Renwick, Alan & Thorne, Fiona
- 9-23 Innovation grants to smallholder farmers: Revisiting the key assumptions in the impact pathways
by Ton, Giel & Klerkx, Laurens & de Grip, Karin & Rau, Marie-Luise
- 24-37 The influence of water, land, energy and soil-nutrient resource interactions on the food system in Uganda
by Mukuve, Feriha Mugisha & Fenner, Richard A.
- 38-43 Public investment in U.S. agricultural R&D and the economic benefits
by Andersen, Matthew A.
- 44-52 The effects of food safety issues released by we media on consumers’ awareness and purchasing behavior: A case study in China
by Peng, Yala & Li, Jiajie & Xia, Hui & Qi, Siyuan & Li, Jianhong
- 53-62 ‘Greening the CAP’ – Just a fashionable justification? A discourse analysis of the 2014–2020 CAP reform documents
by Erjavec, Karmen & Erjavec, Emil
- 63-73 Impacts of ethanol policy on corn prices: A review and meta-analysis of recent evidence
by Condon, Nicole & Klemick, Heather & Wolverton, Ann
- 74-82 Food safety regulation and small processing: A case study of interactions between processors and inspectors
by Buckley, Jenifer A.
- 83-96 Peer effects and the rise of beer in Russia
by Deconinck, Koen & Swinnen, Johan
- 97-103 Household composition, income, and food-away-from-home expenditure in urban China
by Liu, Haiyan & Wahl, Thomas I. & Seale, James L. & Bai, Junfei
- 104-118 Trends in family labour, hired labour and contract work on French field crop farms: The role of the Common Agricultural Policy
by Dupraz, Pierre & Latruffe, Laure
- 119-130 The EU budget battle: Assessing the trade and welfare impacts of CAP budgetary reform
by Boulanger, Pierre & Philippidis, George
- 131-143 Characterisation of production, marketing and consumption patterns of farmed tilapia in the Nile Delta of Egypt
by Eltholth, Mahmoud & Fornace, Kimberly & Grace, Delia & Rushton, Jonathan & Häsler, Barbara
- 144-157 Consumer judgments of explicit and implied health claims on foods: Misguided but not misled
by Orquin, Jacob L. & Scholderer, Joachim
- 158-170 Exploring the influence of context on food safety management: Case studies of leafy greens production in Europe
by Kirezieva, Klementina & Jacxsens, Liesbeth & Hagelaar, Geoffrey J.L.F. & van Boekel, Martinus A.J.S. & Uyttendaele, Mieke & Luning, Pieternel A.
2015, Volume 50, Issue C
- 1-10 The impact of healthier dietary scenarios on the global blue water scarcity footprint of food consumption in the UK
by Hess, Tim & Andersson, Ulrika & Mena, Carlos & Williams, Adrian
- 11-19 Does SNAP improve your health?
by Gregory, Christian A. & Deb, Partha
- 20-34 Why do members of congress support agricultural protection?
by Bellemare, Marc F. & Carnes, Nicholas
- 35-42 Identifying use and non-use values of animal welfare: Evidence from Swedish dairy agriculture
by Hansson, Helena & Lagerkvist, Carl Johan
- 43-52 Technical and allocative efficiency of irrigation water use in the Guanzhong Plain, China
by Tang, Jianjun & Folmer, Henk & Xue, Jianhong
- 53-67 The great Indian calorie debate: Explaining rising undernourishment during India’s rapid economic growth
by Smith, Lisa C.
- 68-79 The effect of product standards on agricultural exports
by Ferro, Esteban & Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S.
- 80-91 Welfare effects of vegetable commercialization: Evidence from smallholder producers in Kenya
by Muriithi, Beatrice W. & Matz, Julia Anna
- 92-105 Does storage technology affect adoption of improved maize varieties in Africa? Insights from Malawi’s input subsidy program
by Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Jones, Michael
- 106-113 Could the proposed WTO Special Safeguard Mechanism protect farmers from low international prices?
by Thennakoon, Jayanthi & Anderson, Kym
- 114-124 Grain subsidy, liquidity constraints and food security—Impact of the grain subsidy program on the grain-sown areas in China
by Yi, Fujin & Sun, Dingqiang & Zhou, Yingheng
2014, Volume 49, Issue P2
- 361-364 Policy analysis and advocacy for livestock-based development: The gap between household-level analysis and higher-level models
by Baker, Derek & Enahoro, Dolapo
- 365-377 Integrating livestock feeds and production systems into agricultural multi-market models: The example of IMPACT
by Msangi, Siwa & Enahoro, Dolapo & Herrero, Mario & Magnan, Nicholas & Havlik, Petr & Notenbaert, An & Nelgen, Signe
- 378-388 From global economic modelling to household level analyses of food security and sustainability: How big is the gap and can we bridge it?
by van Wijk, Mark T.
- 389-397 How pastoralists perceive and respond to market opportunities: The case of the Horn of Africa
by Little, Peter D. & Debsu, Dejene Negassa & Tiki, Waktole
- 398-407 Diversification and sophistication of livestock products: The case of African countries
by Yaméogo, Nadège Désirée & Nabassaga, Tiguéné & Ncube, Mthuli
- 408-417 Measurement of competitiveness in smallholder livestock systems and emerging policy advocacy: An application to Botswana
by Bahta, Sirak & Malope, Patrick
- 418-424 Issues and strategies in ex-post evaluation of intervention against animal disease outbreaks and spread
by Fadiga, Mohamadou L. & Katjiuongua, Hikuepi B.
- 425-428 Introduction to the special section on organic certification systems: Policy issues and research topics
by Dabbert, Stephan & Lippert, Christian & Zorn, Alexander
- 429-436 To certify or not to certify? Separating the organic production and certification decisions
by Veldstra, Michael D. & Alexander, Corinne E. & Marshall, Maria I.
- 437-448 Governmental and private certification labels for organic food: Consumer attitudes and preferences in Germany
by Janssen, Meike & Hamm, Ulrich
- 449-458 Non-compliance in organic farming: A cross-country comparison of Italy and Germany
by Gambelli, Danilo & Solfanelli, Francesco & Zanoli, Raffaele & Zorn, Alexander & Lippert, Christian & Dabbert, Stephan
2014, Volume 49, Issue P1
- 1-12 Formal institutions and social capital in value chains: The case of the Ethiopian Commodity Exchange
by Meijerink, Gerdien & Bulte, Erwin & Alemu, Dawit
- 13-22 One bad apple spoils the bunch? An exploration of broad consumption changes in response to food recalls
by Peake, Whitney O. & Detre, Joshua D. & Carlson, Clinton C.
- 23-32 Developing systems to control food adulteration
by Manning, Louise & Soon, Jan Mei
- 33-40 Nutrition in emergencies: Do we know what works?
by Webb, Patrick & Boyd, Erin & Pee, Saskia de & Lenters, Lindsey & Bloem, Martin & Schultink, Werner
- 41-49 Can consumers’ willingness to pay incentivize adoption of environmental impact reducing technologies in meat animal production?
by White, Robin R. & Brady, Michael
- 50-58 Food security policy options for China: Lessons from other countries
by Anderson, Kym & Strutt, Anna
- 59-70 Spatial equilibrium and price transmission between Southern African maize markets connected by informal trade
by Burke, William J. & Myers, Robert J.
- 71-83 Trade, import competition and productivity growth in the food industry
by Olper, Alessandro & Pacca, Lucia & Curzi, Daniele
- 84-94 Monitoring global and national food price crises
by Cuesta, José & Htenas, Aira & Tiwari, Sailesh
- 95-106 Would strictly enforced forestry regulations affect farmers’ stated intentions to plant indigenous fruits trees? Insights from Cameroon
by Foundjem-Tita, Divine & D’Haese, Marijke & Speelman, Stjin & Degrande, Ann & Gyau, Amos & Van Damme, Patrick & Tchoundjeu, Zac & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido
- 107-116 Differential impacts of country of origin labeling: COOL econometric evidence from cattle markets
by Pouliot, Sebastien & Sumner, Daniel A.
- 117-127 Are there systematic gender differences in the adoption of sustainable agricultural intensification practices? Evidence from Kenya
by Ndiritu, S. Wagura & Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele
- 128-136 The nitrogen footprint of food products and general consumption patterns in Austria
by Pierer, Magdalena & Winiwarter, Wilfried & Leach, Allison M. & Galloway, James N.
- 137-150 Consumers’ valuation of sustainability labels on meat
by Van Loo, Ellen J. & Caputo, Vincenzina & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Verbeke, Wim
- 151-159 Localization effects for a fresh vegetable product supply chain: Broccoli in the eastern United States
by Atallah, Shady S. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Björkman, Thomas
- 160-166 Consumer vs. citizen willingness to pay for restaurant food safety
by Alphonce, Roselyne & Alfnes, Frode & Sharma, Amit
- 167-173 Rebound effects due to economic choices when assessing the environmental sustainability of wine
by Benedetto, Graziella & Rugani, Benedetto & Vázquez-Rowe, Ian
- 174-185 Heterogeneity in consumer perceptions of the animal friendliness of broiler production systems
by de Jonge, Janneke & van Trijp, Hans
- 186-195 Informational cascades and technology adoption: Evidence from Greek and German organic growers
by Chatzimichael, Konstantinos & Genius, Margarita & Tzouvelekas, Vangelis
- 196-206 The welfare effects of health-based food tax policy
by Härkänen, Tommi & Kotakorpi, Kaisa & Pietinen, Pirjo & Pirttilä, Jukka & Reinivuo, Heli & Suoniemi, Ilpo
- 207-218 A Q methodology study of stakeholders’ views about accountability for promoting healthy food environments in England through the Responsibility Deal Food Network
by Kraak, Vivica I. & Swinburn, Boyd & Lawrence, Mark & Harrison, Paul
- 219-227 Does media influence consumer demand? The case of lean finely textured beef in the United States
by Yadavalli, Anita & Jones, Keithly
- 228-240 What shapes food value chains? Lessons from aquaculture in Asia
by Jespersen, Karen Sau & Kelling, Ingrid & Ponte, Stefano & Kruijssen, Froukje
- 241-249 Is there a relationship between product attributes, nutrition labels and excess weight? Evidence from an Italian region
by Banterle, Alessandro & Cavaliere, Alessia
- 250-258 Adapting to food safety crises: Interpreting success and failure in the Canadian response to BSE
by Jones, Kevin Edson & Davidson, Debra J.
- 259-267 The signaling effect of mandatory labels on genetically engineered food
by Costanigro, Marco & Lusk, Jayson L.
- 268-280 The role of market forces and food safety institutions in the adoption of sustainable farming practices: The case of the fresh tomato export sector in Morocco and Turkey
by Codron, Jean-Marie & Adanacioğlu, Hakan & Aubert, Magali & Bouhsina, Zouhair & El Mekki, Abdelkader Ait & Rousset, Sylvain & Tozanli, Selma & Yercan, Murat
- 281-293 Does globalization influence protectionism? Empirical evidence from agricultural support
by Garmann, Sebastian
- 294-301 Addressing food waste reduction in Denmark
by Halloran, Afton & Clement, Jesper & Kornum, Niels & Bucatariu, Camelia & Magid, Jakob
- 302-311 Politics & technology: U.S. polices restricting unmanned aerial systems in agriculture
by Freeman, P.K. & Freeland, R.S.
- 312-322 Food as a human right during disasters in Uganda
by Rukundo, Peter Milton & Iversen, Per Ole & Oshaug, Arne & Omuajuanfo, Lovise Ribe & Rukooko, Byaruhanga & Kikafunda, Joyce & Andreassen, Bård Anders
- 323-331 Access to variety contributes to dietary diversity in China
by Liu, Jing & Shively, Gerald E. & Binkley, James K.
- 332-346 The political economy of agricultural liberalization in Central and Eastern Europe: An empirical analysis
by Klomp, Jeroen
- 347-360 Change of competition regime and regional innovative capacities: Evidence from dairy restructuring in France
by Dervillé, Marie & Allaire, Gilles
2014, Volume 48, Issue C
- 1-17 Land pressures, the evolution of farming systems, and development strategies in Africa: A synthesis
by Jayne, T.S. & Chamberlin, Jordan & Headey, Derek D.
- 18-33 Adaptation to land constraints: Is Africa different?
by Headey, Derek D. & Jayne, T.S.
- 34-50 The geographic and sectoral patterns of large-scale farmland investments in sub-Saharan Africa
by Schoneveld, George Christoffel
- 51-65 Scarcity amidst abundance? Reassessing the potential for cropland expansion in Africa
by Chamberlin, Jordan & Jayne, T.S. & Headey, D.
- 66-75 High rural population density Africa – What are the growth requirements and who participates?
by Mellor, John W.
- 76-87 Identifying and addressing land governance constraints to support intensification and land market operation: Evidence from 10 African countries
by Deininger, Klaus & Hilhorst, Thea & Songwe, Vera
- 88-97 The roles of land tenure reforms and land markets in the context of population growth and land use intensification in Africa
by Holden, Stein T. & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 98-113 Effects of rising rural population density on smallholder agriculture in Kenya
by Muyanga, Milu & Jayne, T.S.
- 114-128 How does population density influence agricultural intensification and productivity? Evidence from Malawi
by Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Jumbe, Charles & Chamberlin, Jordan
- 129-141 Land constraints and agricultural intensification in Ethiopia: A village-level analysis of high-potential areas
by Headey, Derek & Dereje, Mekdim & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum
- 142-152 How does population density influence agricultural intensification and productivity? Evidence from Ethiopia
by Josephson, Anna Leigh & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Florax, Raymond J.G.M.
- 153-167 Agricultural intensification in Ghana: Evaluating the optimist’s case for a Green Revolution
by Nin-Pratt, Alejandro & McBride, Linden
- 168-181 Mechanization in Ghana: Emerging demand, and the search for alternative supply models
by Diao, Xinshen & Cossar, Frances & Houssou, Nazaire & Kolavalli, Shashidhara
- 182-193 Population density, migration, and the returns to human capital and land: Insights from Indonesia
by Liu, Yanyan & Yamauchi, Futoshi
- 194-202 Structural transformation or elite land capture? The growth of “emergent” farmers in Zambia
by Sitko, Nicholas J. & Jayne, T.S.
2014, Volume 46, Issue C
- 1-12 Farm production diversity is associated with greater household dietary diversity in Malawi: Findings from nationally representative data
by Jones, Andrew D. & Shrinivas, Aditya & Bezner-Kerr, Rachel
- 13-21 The cross-price effect on willingness-to-pay estimates in open-ended contingent valuation
by Shi, Lijia & Gao, Zhifeng & Chen, Xuqi
- 22-36 Geographical indication and wine exports. An empirical investigation considering the major European producers
by Agostino, Mariarosaria & Trivieri, Francesco
- 37-49 Farmer groups and input access: When membership is not enough
by Liverpool-Tasie, Lenis Saweda O.
- 50-55 Marketing margins and the welfare analysis of food price shocks
by Dawe, David & Maltsoglou, Irini
- 56-65 Examining the link between food prices and food insecurity: A multi-level analysis of maize price and birthweight in Kenya
by Grace, Kathryn & Brown, Molly & McNally, Amy
- 66-73 Worker welfare on Kenyan export vegetable farms
by Ehlert, Christoph R. & Mithöfer, Dagmar & Waibel, Hermann
- 74-83 Evaluating the impact of individual fishing quotas (IFQs) on the technical efficiency and composition of the US Gulf of Mexico red snapper commercial fishing fleet
by Solís, Daniel & del Corral, Julio & Perruso, Larry & Agar, Juan J.
- 84-93 Social media as a useful tool in food risk and benefit communication? A strategic orientation approach
by Rutsaert, Pieter & Pieniak, Zuzanna & Regan, Áine & McConnon, Áine & Kuttschreuter, Margôt & Lores, Mònica & Lozano, Natàlia & Guzzon, Antonella & Santare, Dace & Verbeke, Wim
- 94-105 Fast-food consumption and body weight. Evidence from the UK
by Pieroni, L. & Salmasi, L.
- 106-115 Does food security matter for transition in Arab countries?
by Maystadt, Jean-François & Trinh Tan, Jean-François & Breisinger, Clemens
- 116-128 Cash vs. in-kind transfers: Indian data meets theory
by Khera, Reetika
- 129-139 Opening the black box of food waste reduction
by Garrone, Paola & Melacini, Marco & Perego, Alessandro
- 140-149 Economic benefits from promoting linseed in the diet of dairy cows for reducing methane emissions and improving milk quality
by Marette, Stéphan & Millet, Guy
- 150-156 Evaluating Wisconsin dairy producer compliance and potential eligibility for international markets under existing European Union and United States Grade “A” bulk tank somatic cell count compliance criteria
by Borneman, Darand L. & Ingham, Steve
- 157-164 Long-term sustainability of third-party facilitated market linkages: Evidence from the USDA marketing assistance program in the Armenian dairy industry
by Shanoyan, Aleksan & Brent Ross, R. & Gow, Hamish R. & Christopher Peterson, H.
- 165-177 Why can collective action fail in Local Agri-food Systems? A social network analysis of cheese producers in Aculco, Mexico
by Crespo, Joan & Réquier-Desjardins, Denis & Vicente, Jérôme
- 178-182 Relative price changes as a tool to stimulate more healthy food choices – A Danish household panel study
by Juhl, Hans Jørn & Jensen, Morten Berg
- 183-192 Combining participatory crop trials and experimental auctions to estimate farmer preferences for improved common bean in Rwanda
by Waldman, Kurt B. & Kerr, John M. & Isaacs, Krista B.
- 193-204 Does a cassava research-for-development program have impact at the farm level? Evidence from the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Rusike, J. & Mahungu, N.M. & Lukombo, S.S. & Kendenga, T. & Bidiaka, S.M. & Alene, A. & Lema, A. & Manyong, V.M.
2014, Volume 45, Issue C
- 1-13 A farm household model for agri-food policy analysis in developing countries: Application to smallholder farmers in Sierra Leone
by Louhichi, Kamel & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio
- 14-24 An industry viewpoint on the role of farm assurance in delivering food safety to the consumer: The case of the dairy sector of England and Wales
by Bailey, Alison P. & Garforth, Chris
- 25-34 Impact of tissue culture banana technology on farm household income and food security in Kenya
by Kabunga, Nassul S. & Dubois, Thomas & Qaim, Matin
- 35-44 Linking small farmers to modern retail through producer organizations – Experiences with producer companies in India
by Trebbin, Anika
- 45-56 Food price volatility in sub-Saharan Africa: Has it really increased?
by Minot, Nicholas
- 57-68 Protectionism indices for non-tariff measures: An application to maximum residue levels
by Li, Yuan & Beghin, John C.
- 69-79 Pilferage from opaque food subsidy programs: Theory and evidence
by Mehta, Aashish & Jha, Shikha
- 80-87 Willingness to pay for the “Green Food” in China
by Yu, Xiaohua & Gao, Zhifeng & Zeng, Yinchu
- 88-100 The seed and agricultural biotechnology industries in India: An analysis of industry structure, competition, and policy options
by Spielman, David J. & Kolady, Deepthi E. & Cavalieri, Anthony & Rao, N. Chandrasekhara
- 101-111 Can agricultural input subsidies reduce the gender gap in modern maize adoption? Evidence from Malawi
by Fisher, Monica & Kandiwa, Vongai
- 112-115 Zero tolerance rules in food safety and quality
by Wilson, Norbert L.W. & Worosz, Michelle R.
- 116-124 Tradition and diversity jeopardised by food safety regulations? The Serrano Cheese case, Campos de Cima da Serra region, Brazil
by da Cruz, Fabiana Thomé & Menasche, Renata
- 125-131 Zero-tolerance for genetic pollution: Rice farming, pharm rice, and the risks of coexistence in California
by Mulvaney, Dustin & Krupnik, Timothy J.
- 132-137 “Zero” in terms of food policy and risk perception
by Matsuo, Makiko & Yoshikura, Hiroshi
- 138-145 Standardized food governance? Reflections on the potential and limitations of chemical-free shrimp
by Hatanaka, Maki
- 146-157 Potential economic impacts of zero thresholds for unapproved GMOs: The EU case
by Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas & Kaufman, James & Miller, Douglas
- 158-166 Contradictions in state- and civil society-driven developments in China’s ecological agriculture sector
by Scott, Steffanie & Si, Zhenzhong & Schumilas, Theresa & Chen, Aijuan
- 167-173 Social imaginary and dilemmas of policy practice: The food safety arena in Japan
by Yamaguchi, Tomiko
2014, Volume 44, Issue C
- 1-13 Changing asset endowments and smallholder participation in higher value markets: Evidence from certified coffee producers in Nicaragua
by Donovan, Jason & Poole, Nigel
- 14-25 Implementing COOL: Comparative welfare effects of different labeling schemes
by Joseph, Siny & Lavoie, Nathalie & Caswell, Julie A.
- 26-35 The politics of success in the fight against malnutrition in Peru
by Mejía Acosta, Andrés & Haddad, Lawrence
- 36-46 Exploring dietary guidelines based on ecological and nutritional values: A comparison of six dietary patterns
by van Dooren, C. & Marinussen, Mari & Blonk, Hans & Aiking, Harry & Vellinga, Pier
- 47-58 Disentangling the consensus frame of food security: The case of the EU Common Agricultural Policy reform debate
by Candel, Jeroen J.L. & Breeman, Gerard E. & Stiller, Sabina J. & Termeer, Catrien J.A.M.
- 59-67 The impact of food advertisements on changing eating behaviors: An experimental study
by Rusmevichientong, Pimbucha & Streletskaya, Nadia A. & Amatyakul, Wansopin & Kaiser, Harry M.
- 68-76 Demand for ecolabeled seafood in the Japanese market: A conjoint analysis of the impact of information and interaction with other labels
by Uchida, Hirotsugu & Onozaka, Yuko & Morita, Tamaki & Managi, Shunsuke
- 77-87 Faltering fisheries and ascendant aquaculture: Implications for food and nutrition security in Bangladesh
by Belton, Ben & van Asseldonk, Imke Josepha Mariana & Thilsted, Shakuntala Haraksingh
- 88-94 Policy coherence and food security: The effects of OECD countries’ agricultural policies
by Brooks, Jonathan
- 95-102 Interaction between message framing and consumers’ prior subjective knowledge regarding food safety issues
by Jin, Hyun Joung & Han, Dae Hee
- 103-114 Market integration and price transmission in consumer markets of developing countries
by Baquedano, Felix G. & Liefert, William M.
- 115-128 Measuring the commitment to reduce hunger: A hunger reduction commitment index
by te Lintelo, Dolf J.H. & Haddad, Lawrence J. & Leavy, Jennifer & Lakshman, Rajith
- 129-141 Recommendations arising from an analysis of changes to the Australian agricultural research, development and extension system
by Hunt, Warren & Birch, Colin & Vanclay, Frank & Coutts, Jeff
- 142-157 Profits from participation in high value agriculture: Evidence of heterogeneous benefits in contract farming schemes in Southern India
by Narayanan, Sudha
- 158-166 European dietary patterns and their associated land use: Variation between and within countries
by de Ruiter, Henri & Kastner, Thomas & Nonhebel, Sanderine
- 167-176 European consumer preferences for beef with nutrition and health claims: A multi-country investigation using discrete choice experiments
by Van Wezemael, Lynn & Caputo, Vincenzina & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Chryssochoidis, George & Verbeke, Wim
- 177-189 Sustainability labels on food products: Consumer motivation, understanding and use
by Grunert, Klaus G. & Hieke, Sophie & Wills, Josephine
- 190-201 Price dispersion and seller heterogeneity in retail food markets
by Anania, Giovanni & Nisticò, Rosanna
- 202-213 Got milk? The impact of Heifer International’s livestock donation programs in Rwanda on nutritional outcomes
by Rawlins, Rosemary & Pimkina, Svetlana & Barrett, Christopher B. & Pedersen, Sarah & Wydick, Bruce
- 214-217 Impact assessment of agricultural research, institutional innovation, and technology adoption: Introduction to the special section
by Maredia, Mywish K. & Shankar, Bhavani & Kelley, Timothy G. & Stevenson, James R.
- 218-226 The case for a real options approach to ex-ante cost-benefit analyses of agricultural research projects
by Andoseh, Stephen & Bahn, Rachel & Gu, Jenny
- 227-236 Do decentralized innovation systems promote agricultural technology adoption? Experimental evidence from Africa
by Pamuk, Haki & Bulte, Erwin & Adekunle, Adewale A.
- 237-247 The impact of high value markets on smallholder productivity in the Ecuadorean Sierra: A Stochastic Production Frontier approach correcting for selectivity bias
by González-Flores, Mario & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Solís, Daniel & Winters, Paul
- 248-261 An assessment of the ex-post socio-economic impacts of global rinderpest eradication: Methodological issues and applications to rinderpest control programs in Chad and India
by Rich, Karl M. & Roland-Holst, David & Otte, Joachim
- 262-271 The impacts of hybrid maize seed on the welfare of farming households in Kenya
by Mathenge, Mary K. & Smale, Melinda & Olwande, John
- 272-284 Adoption of improved wheat varieties and impacts on household food security in Ethiopia
by Shiferaw, Bekele & Kassie, Menale & Jaleta, Moti & Yirga, Chilot
- 285-296 Do lower yielding farmers benefit from Bt corn? Evidence from instrumental variable quantile regressions
by Sanglestsawai, Santi & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Yorobe, Jose M.
2013, Volume 43, Issue C
- 1-13 How much trustworthy and salubrious an organic jam should be? The impact of organic logo on the Italian jam market
by Razzolini, Tiziano
- 14-22 Food aid and household food security in a conflict situation: Empirical evidence from Northern Uganda
by Tusiime, Hamidu A. & Renard, Robrecht & Smets, Lodewijk
- 23-31 Investor reactions to food safety incidents: Evidence from the Chinese milk industry2We thank Colin Poulton (Managing Editor), two anonymous referees, Martin Qiu, Shasha Liu, and Yan Sheng for helpful comments and valuable suggestions. All remaining errors and omissions are our own. We gratefully acknowledge the financial support from National Natural Science Foundation of China (grant no. 71372130; 71173078) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (grant no. HUST-2013WQ025).2
by Dai, Yunhao & Kong, Dongmin & Wang, Maobin
- 32-43 GMO standards, endogenous policy and the market for information
by Vigani, Mauro & Olper, Alessandro
- 44-55 Impact of metal silos on households’ maize storage, storage losses and food security: An application of a propensity score matching
by Gitonga, Zachary M. & De Groote, Hugo & Kassie, Menale & Tefera, Tadele
- 56-66 Integrating climate change, food prices and population health
by Bradbear, Catherine & Friel, Sharon
- 67-76 Why sustainable and ‘nutritionally correct’ food is not on the agenda: Western Sydney, the moral arts of everyday life and public policy
by Dixon, Jane & Isaacs, Bronwyn
- 77-89 Compounding food and income insecurity in Yemen: Challenges from climate change
by Wiebelt, Manfred & Breisinger, Clemens & Ecker, Olivier & Al-Riffai, Perrihan & Robertson, Richard & Thiele, Rainer
- 90-99 The impact of income diversification among fishing communities in Western Kenya
by Olale, Edward & Henson, Spencer
- 100-107 Effects of the Guiding Stars Program on purchases of ready-to-eat cereals with different nutritional attributes
by Rahkovsky, Ilya & Lin, Biing-Hwan & Lin, Chung-Tung Jordan & Lee, Jonq-Ying
- 108-117 Change and diversity in smallholder rice–fish systems: Recent evidence and policy lessons from Bangladesh
by Dey, Madan M. & Spielman, David J. & Haque, A.B.M.M. & Rahman, M.S. & Valmonte-Santos, R.
- 118-131 Horticultural exports, female wage employment and primary school enrolment: Theory and evidence from Senegal
by Maertens, Miet & Verhofstadt, Ellen
- 132-141 The divergence of country of origin labelling regulations between Australia and New Zealand
by Wood, Amanda & Tenbensel, Tim & Utter, Jennifer
- 142-147 Food security in the United Kingdom: External supply risks
by Hubbard, L.J. & Hubbard, Carmen
- 148-158 How do political, individual and contextual factors affect school milk demand? Empirical evidence from primary schools in Germany
by Weible, Daniela & Salamon, Petra & Christoph-Schulz, Inken B. & Peter, Guenter
- 159-166 Status of development, regulation and adoption of GM agriculture in Africa: Views and positions of stakeholder groups
by Adenle, Ademola A. & Morris, E. Jane & Parayil, Govindan
- 167-179 The role of microcredit in older children’s nutrition: Quasi-experimental evidence from rural China
by You, Jing
- 180-189 Are consumers concerned about palm oil? Evidence from a lab experiment
by Disdier, Anne-Célia & Marette, Stéphan & Millet, Guy
- 190-203 Agriculture reform and food crisis in Syria: Impacts on poverty and inequality
by Rocchi, Benedetto & Romano, Donato & Hamza, Raid
- 204-212 Estimates of returns to scale, elasticity of substitution, and the thrifty food plan meal poverty rate from a direct household meal production function
by Davis, George C. & You, Wen
- 213-226 Potential impacts of increasing average yields and reducing maize yield variability in Africa
by Kostandini, Genti & La Rovere, Roberto & Abdoulaye, Tahirou
- 227-236 Food price surges and poverty in urban Colombia: New evidence from household survey data
by Rodriguez-Takeuchi, Laura & Imai, Katsushi S.
- 237-247 The economics of adventitious presence thresholds in the EU seed market
by Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas & Magnier, Alexandre
- 248-266 Explaining smallholder maize marketing in southern and eastern Africa: The roles of market access, technology and household resource endowments
by Mather, David & Boughton, Duncan & Jayne, T.S.
- 267-277 Household food demand in Turkey: A two-step demand system approach
by Bilgic, Abdulbaki & Yen, Steven T.
- 278-290 Background risk of food insecurity and insurance behaviour: Evidence from the West Bank
by Cavatorta, Elisa & Pieroni, Luca
- 291-305 Do private standards create exclusive supply chains? New evidence from the Peruvian asparagus export sector
by Schuster, Monica & Maertens, Miet
- 306-320 Potential impact of genetically improved carp strains in Asia
by Dey, Madan Mohan & Kumar, Praduman & Chen, Oai Li & Khan, Md. Akhtaruzzaman & Barik, Nagesh Kumar & Li, Luping & Nissapa, Ayut & Pham, Ngoc Sao
- 321-331 Impact of rainfall pattern on cereal market and food security in Sudan: Stochastic approach and CGE model
by Sassi, Maria & Cardaci, Alberto
- 332-340 Evolving beef export market access requirements for age and source verification
by Pendell, Dustin L. & Tonsor, Glynn T. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Brester, Gary W. & Schroeder, Ted C.
- 341-352 How should nutrition be positioned in the post-2015 agenda?
by Haddad, Lawrence
2013, Volume 42, Issue C
- 1-10 Product standards and developing country agricultural exports: The case of the European Union
by Shepherd, Ben & Wilson, Norbert L.W.
- 11-17 HIV affected households in Western Kenya experience greater food insecurity
by Ndirangu, Murugi & Sachs, Sonia Ehrlich & Palm, Cheryl & Deckelbaum, Richard J.
- 18-31 The Danish tax on saturated fat – Short run effects on consumption, substitution patterns and consumer prices of fats
by Jensen, Jørgen Dejgård & Smed, Sinne
- 32-47 Conflict, food price shocks, and food insecurity: The experience of Afghan households
by D’Souza, Anna & Jolliffe, Dean
- 48-57 Price relations between export and domestic rice markets in Thailand
by John, Adam
- 58-70 Consumer welfare and GM food labeling: A simulation using an adjusted Kumaraswamy distribution
by Zhao, Li & Gu, Haiying & Yue, Chengyan & Ahlstrom, David
- 71-80 A consumer segmentation of nutrition information use and its relation to food consumption behaviour
by Visschers, Vivianne H.M. & Hartmann, Christina & Leins-Hess, Rebecca & Dohle, Simone & Siegrist, Michael
- 81-87 The impact of E. Coli O157:H7 recalls on live cattle futures prices: Revisited
by Moghadam, Arian Khaleghi & Schmidt, Claudia & Grier, Kevin
- 88-95 Adjusting VAT rates to promote healthier diets in Norway: A censored quantile regression approach
by Gustavsen, Geir Wæhler & Rickertsen, Kyrre
- 96-105 Consequences of unintended food policies: Food price dynamics subject to the Israeli–Palestinian conflict
by Ihle, Rico & Rubin, Ofir D.
- 106-114 Comparing environmental impacts of regional and national-scale food supply chains: A case study of processed tomatoes
by Brodt, Sonja & Kramer, Klaas Jan & Kendall, Alissa & Feenstra, Gail
- 115-128 Food system strategies for preventing micronutrient malnutrition
by Miller, By Dennis D. & Welch, Ross M.
- 129-138 Post-green revolution food systems and the triple burden of malnutrition
by Gómez, Miguel I. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Raney, Terri & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Meerman, Janice & Croppenstedt, André & Carisma, Brian & Thompson, Brian
- 139-150 Food value chain transformations in developing countries: Selected hypotheses on nutritional implications
by Gómez, Miguel I. & Ricketts, Katie D.
- 151-163 The economics and nutritional impacts of food assistance policies and programs
by Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B.
2013, Volume 41, Issue C
- 1-10 Tackling the new materialities: Modern food and counter-movements in Ecuador
by Sherwood, Stephen & Arce, Alberto & Berti, Peter & Borja, Ross & Oyarzun, Pedro & Bekkering, Ellen
- 11-17 Does agricultural trade affect productivity? Evidence from Chilean farms
by Fleming, David A. & Abler, David G.
- 18-27 First of the month effect: Does it apply across food retail channels?
by Damon, Amy L. & King, Robert P. & Leibtag, Ephraim