2009, Volume 34, Issue 1
2008, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 465-469 Food product composition, consumer health, and public policy: Introduction and overview of special section
by Golan, Elise & Unnevehr, Laurian
- 470-479 Farm subsidies and obesity in the United States: National evidence and international comparisons
by Alston, Julian M. & Sumner, Daniel A. & Vosti, Stephen A.
- 480-488 Farm policies and added sugars in US diets
by Beghin, John C. & Jensen, Helen H.
- 489-496 Getting consumers to eat more whole-grains: The role of policy, information, and food manufacturers
by Mancino, Lisa & Kuchler, Fred & Leibtag, Ephraim
- 497-503 Getting rid of trans fats in the US diet: Policies, incentives and progress
by Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jagmanaite, Evelina
- 504-512 Governance and agricultural productivity: A cross-national analysis
by Lio, Monchi & Liu, Meng-Chun
- 513-520 Do poverty and poor health and nutrition increase the risk of armed conflict onset?
by Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Shimokawa, Satoru
- 521-532 How are we doing on poverty and hunger reduction? A new measure of country performance
by Gentilini, Ugo & Webb, Patrick
- 533-540 Measuring food insecurity: Can an indicator based on localized coping behaviors be used to compare across contexts?
by Maxwell, Daniel & Caldwell, Richard & Langworthy, Mark
- 541-549 Can food-for-work encourage agricultural production?
by Bezu, Sosina & Holden, Stein
- 550-559 The effect of household wealth on the adoption of improved maize varieties in Zambia
by Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mungoma, Catherine
- 560-569 The consequences of voluntary traceability system for supply chain relationships. An application of transaction cost economics
by Banterle, Alessandro & Stranieri, Stefanella
- 570-575 Contractual arrangements and enforcement in transition agriculture: Theory and evidence from China
by Guo, Hongdong & Jolly, Robert W.
- 576-586 Evaluating the impact of Tax-for-Fee reform (Fei Gai Shui) on water resources and agriculture production in the Zhanghe Irrigation System, China
by Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Khan, Shahbaz & Dawe, David & Hanjra, Munir A. & Hafeez, Mohsin & Asghar, Muhammad Nadeem
- 587-594 Common waters and private lands: Distributional impacts of floodplain aquaculture in Bangladesh
by Toufique, Kazi Ali & Gregory, Rick
- 595-606 The importance of EU-15 borders for CEECs agri-food exports: The role of tariffs and non-tariff measures in the pre-accession period
by Chevassus-Lozza, Emmanuelle & Latouche, Karine & Majkovic, Darja & Unguru, Manuela
- 607-615 Consumer preferences and the international harmonization of organic standards
by Sawyer, Erin N. & Kerr, William A. & Hobbs, Jill E.
- 616-623 Affect or information? Labeling policy and consumer valuation of rBST free and organic characteristics of milk
by Kolodinsky, Jane
- 624-630 The sceptical consumer? Exploring views about food assurance
by Eden, Sally & Bear, Christopher & Walker, Gordon
- 631-639 Consumer knowledge and meat consumption at home and away from home
by Yen, Steven T. & Lin, Biing-Hwan & Davis, Christopher G.
- 640-643 Australian consumer attitudes to health claim - food product compatibility for functional foods
by Williams, Peter & Ridges, Leisa & Batterham, Marijka & Ripper, Bridget & Hung, Man Chi
- 644-656 Demand for dairy products in the EU
by Bouamra-Mechemache, Zohra & Réquillart, Vincent & Soregaroli, Claudio & Trévisiol, Audrey
- 657-664 Impact of off-farm labor supply on food expenditures of the farm household
by Chang, Hung-Hao & Mishra, Ashok
2008, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 371-385 African aquaculture: Realizing the potential
by Brummett, Randall E. & Lazard, Jérôme & Moehl, John
- 386-396 The demand for organic foods in the South of Italy: A discrete choice model
by Gracia, Azucena & de Magistris, Tiziana
- 397-405 Assessing the influence of direct payments on the rental value of agricultural land
by Patton, Myles & Kostov, Philip & McErlean, Seamus & Moss, Joan
- 406-421 The character of demand in mature organic food markets: Great Britain and Denmark compared
by Wier, Mette & O'Doherty Jensen, Katherine & Andersen, Laura Mørch & Millock, Katrin
- 422-433 How would compliance with dietary recommendations affect revenues for agricultural producers?
by Rickard, Bradley J. & Gonsalves, Jana L.
- 434-443 Property rights, food security and child growth: Dynamics of insecurity in the Kafue Flats of Zambia
by Merten, Sonja & Haller, Tobias
- 444-454 Fruits and vegetables availability for human consumption in Latin American and Caribbean countries: Patterns and determinants
by Asfaw, Abay
- 455-463 Rice marketing systems in the Philippines and Thailand: Do large numbers of competitive traders ensure good performance?
by Dawe, David C. & Moya, Piedad F. & Casiwan, Cheryll B. & Cabling, Jesusa M.
2008, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 287-298 The impact of climatic change on agricultural production: Is it different for Africa?
by Barrios, Salvador & Ouattara, Bazoumana & Strobl, Eric
- 299-317 Smallholder market participation: Concepts and evidence from eastern and southern Africa
by Barrett, Christopher B.
- 318-328 Smallholder market participation under transactions costs: Maize supply and fertilizer demand in Kenya
by Alene, Arega D. & Manyong, V.M. & Omanya, G. & Mignouna, H.D. & Bokanga, M. & Odhiambo, G.
- 329-340 Labor market participation of Chinese agricultural households: Empirical evidence from Zhejiang province
by Glauben, Thomas & Herzfeld, Thomas & Wang, Xiaobing
- 341-351 Consumer acceptance of provitamin A-biofortified maize in Maputo, Mozambique
by Stevens, Robyn & Winter-Nelson, Alex
- 352-361 Consumer acceptability of yellow maize products in Zimbabwe
by Muzhingi, Tawanda & Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Malaba, Lucie C. & Banziger, Marianne
- 362-370 Comparing consumer preferences for color and nutritional quality in maize: Application of a semi-double-bound logistic model on urban consumers in Kenya
by De Groote, Hugo & Kimenju, Simon Chege
2008, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 197-208 Health information and substitution between fish: Lessons from laboratory and field experiments
by Marette, Stéphan & Roosen, Jutta & Blanchemanche, Sandrine
- 209-223 From pond to plate: Towards a twin-driven commodity chain in Bangladesh shrimp aquaculture
by Islam, Md. Saidul
- 224-236 The effects of price deregulation on maize marketing margins in South Africa
by Traub, Lulama Ndibongo & Jayne, T.S.
- 237-249 Food insecurity, poverty and the Malawian Starter Pack: Fresh start or false start?
by Harrigan, Jane
- 250-259 Agricultural market access: A moving target in the WTO negotiations?
by Brockmeier, Martina & Pelikan, Janine
- 260-276 Matching demand and supply in the agricultural knowledge infrastructure: Experiences with innovation intermediaries
by Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees
- 277-285 Benefit cost analysis of an import access request
by Cook, David C.
2008, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 99-111 Consumer acceptance, valuation of and attitudes towards genetically modified food: Review and implications for food policy
by Costa-Font, Montserrat & Gil, José M. & Traill, W. Bruce
- 112-121 Consumer perceptions of organic foods in Bangkok, Thailand
by Roitner-Schobesberger, Birgit & Darnhofer, Ika & Somsook, Suthichai & Vogl, Christian R.
- 122-134 Food choice models and their relation with food preferences and eating frequency in the Polish population: POFPRES study
by Wadolowska, Lidia & Babicz-Zielinska, Ewa & Czarnocinska, Jolanta
- 135-155 Indigenous peoples' nutrition transition in a right to food perspective
by Damman, Siri & Eide, Wenche Barth & Kuhnlein, Harriet V.
- 156-164 Intensification scenarios in south-western Niger: Implications for revisiting fertilizer policy
by Rovere, Roberto La & Keulen van, Herman & Hiernaux, Pierre & Szonyi, Judit & A. Schipper, Robert
- 165-175 Agricultural market integration in the OECD: A gravity-border effect approach
by Olper, Alessandro & Raimondi, Valentina
- 176-184 Trade and invasive species risk mitigation: Reconciling WTO compliance with maximising the gains from trade
by Cook, David C. & Fraser, Rob W.
- 185-196 Productive efficiency and firm exit in the food sector
by Dimara, Efthalia & Skuras, Dimitris & Tsekouras, Kostas & Tzelepis, Dimitris
2008, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-12 Will the Biosafety Protocol hinder or protect the developing world: Learning from China's experience
by Huang, Jikun & Zhang, Deliang & Yang, Jun & Rozelle, Scott & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas
- 13-26 The quality of food risk management in Europe: Perspectives and priorities
by Houghton, J.R. & Rowe, G. & Frewer, L.J. & Van Kleef, E. & Chryssochoidis, G. & Kehagia, O. & Korzen-Bohr, S. & Lassen, J. & Pfenning, U. & Strada, A.
- 27-36 Chinese consumer demand for food safety attributes in milk products
by Wang, Zhigang & Mao, Yanna & Gale, Fred
- 37-47 Consumption and corpulence in China: A consumer segmentation study based on the food perspective
by Zhang, Xiaoyong & Dagevos, Hans & He, Yuna & van der Lans, Ivo & Zhai, Fengying
- 48-60 Economic factors affecting the increase in obesity in the United States: Differential response to price
by Miljkovic, Dragan & Nganje, William & de Chastenet, Helene
- 61-73 What lies behind socio-economic inequalities in obesity in Spain A decomposition approach
by Costa-Font, Joan & Gil, Joan
- 74-84 Changes in South Korean consumers' preferences for meat
by Jin, Hyun Joung
- 85-98 Nile perch and the hungry of Lake Victoria: Gender, status and food in an East African fishery
by Geheb, Kim & Kalloch, Sarah & Medard, Modesta & Nyapendi, Anne-Therese & Lwenya, Carolyne & Kyangwa, Mercy
2007, Volume 32, Issue 5-6
- 523-543 Estimating the adoption of Bt eggplant in India: Who Benefits from public-private partnership?
by Krishna, Vijesh V. & Qaim, Matin
- 544-565 Joint product management strategies for E. coli O157 and feedlot profits
by Perry, William R. & Marsh, Thomas & Jones, Rodney & Sanderson, M.W. & Sargeant, J.M. & Griffin, D.D. & Smith, R.A.
- 566-584 Demand for coffee in Sweden: The role of prices, preferences and market power
by Durevall, Dick
- 585-605 Water scarcity and food trade in the Southern and Eastern Mediterranean countries
by Yang, Hong & Wang, Lei & Zehnder, Alexander J.B.
- 606-623 Are less-favored environments over-invested? The case of rice research in India
by Pandey, Sushil & Pal, Suresh
- 624-639 Socio-economic characteristics and the effect of taxation as a health policy instrument
by Smed, Sinne & Jensen, Jorgen D. & Denver, Sigrid
- 640-655 A framework to facilitate institutional arrangements for smallholder supply in developing countries: An agribusiness perspective
by Sartorius, Kurt & Kirsten, Johann
- 656-671 Implications for food production, land use and rural development of the European Union's Single Farm Payment: Indications from a survey of farmers' intentions in Germany, Portugal and the UK
by Tranter, R.B. & Swinbank, A. & Wooldridge, M.J. & Costa, L. & Knapp, T. & Little, G.P.J. & Sottomayor, M.L.
2007, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 413-435 Food aid, domestic policy and food security: Contrasting experiences from South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa
by del Ninno, Carlo & Dorosh, Paul A. & Subbarao, Kalanidhi
- 436-458 Does food aid have disincentive effects on local production? A general equilibrium perspective on food aid in Ethiopia
by Gelan, Ayele Ulfata
- 459-479 Genes to feed the world: The weakest link?
by Reece, J. David & Haribabu, Ejnavarzala
- 480-495 Can cooperatives brand? Exploring the interplay between cooperative structure and sustained brand marketing success
by Beverland, Michael
- 496-514 A choice experiment model for beef: What US consumer responses tell us about relative preferences for food safety, country-of-origin labeling and traceability
by Loureiro, Maria L. & Umberger, Wendy J.
- 515-536 Household-level determinants of adoption of improved natural resources management practices among smallholder farmers in western Kenya
by Marenya, Paswel P. & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 537-552 The dilemma of cheap food and self-sufficiency: The case of wheat in Iran
by Amid, Javad
2007, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 281-298 Westernization of Asian diets and the transformation of food systems: Implications for research and policy
by Pingali, Prabhu
- 299-314 Co-regulation as a possible model for food safety governance: Opportunities for public-private partnerships
by Garcia Martinez, Marian & Fearne, Andrew & Caswell, Julie A. & Henson, Spencer
- 315-333 High animal welfare standards in the EU and international trade - How to prevent potential `low animal welfare havens'?
by Grethe, Harald
- 334-353 Wheat markets, food aid and food security in Afghanistan
by Chabot, Philippe & Dorosh, Paul A.
- 354-371 Plant variety protection in developing countries. A report from the field
by Tripp, Robert & Louwaars, Niels & Eaton, Derek
- 372-393 Agricultural technology adoption and poverty reduction: A propensity-score matching analysis for rural Bangladesh
by Mendola, Mariapia
- 394-412 Targeting agricultural research based on potential impacts on poverty reduction: Strategic program priorities by agro-ecological zone in Nigeria
by Alene, Arega D. & Manyong, V.M. & Tollens, Eric F. & Abele, Steffen
2007, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 145-159 Putting their money where their mouths are: Consumer willingness to pay for multi-ingredient, processed organic food products
by Batte, Marvin T. & Hooker, Neal H. & Haab, Timothy C. & Beaverson, Jeremy
- 160-174 Do consumers perceive benefits from the implementation of a EU mandatory nutritional labelling program?
by Gracia, Azucena & Loureiro, Maria & Nayga, Rodolfo Jr.
- 175-188 Quality perceptions under evolving information conditions: Implications for diet, health and consumer satisfaction
by Poole, Nigel D. & Marti'nez, Laura Marti'nez-Carrasco & Gimenez, Fernando Vidal
- 189-204 Pro-poor agricultural biotechnology: Can the international research system deliver the goods?
by Spielman, David J.
- 205-228 Growth options and poverty reduction in Ethiopia - An economy-wide model analysis
by Diao, Xinshen & Pratt, Alejandro Nin
- 229-245 Meat marketing in Burkina Faso after the devaluation of the FCFA: Insights into the functioning of informal market systems
by Hoffmann, Irene & Bernhard, Judith
- 246-265 A game-theoretic approach to behavioral food risks: The case of grain producers
by Hirschauer, Norbert & Musshoff, Oliver
- 266-279 The political economy of a productivist agriculture: New Zealand dairy discourses
by Jay, Mairi
2007, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-24 Biofortification, biodiversity and diet: A search for complementary applications against poverty and malnutrition
by Johns, Timothy & Eyzaguirre, Pablo B.
- 25-48 Farmers' adoption of conservation agriculture: A review and synthesis of recent research
by Knowler, Duncan & Bradshaw, Ben
- 49-66 Genetically modified food labeling: The impacts of message and messenger on consumer perceptions of labels and products
by Roe, Brian & Teisl, Mario F.
- 67-83 Land inequality, government ideology and agricultural protection
by Olper, Alessandro
- 84-97 Government regulation and quality in the US beef market
by Ferrier, Peyton & Lamb, Russell
- 98-111 Cheap food policy: Fact or rhetoric?
by Miller, J. Corey & Coble, Keith H.
- 112-127 Modelling trends in food market integration: Method and an application to Tanzanian maize markets
by Van Campenhout, Bjorn
- 128-140 Romania's accession to the EU: Short-term welfare effects on food consumers
by Hubbard, Carmen & Thomson, Kenneth J.
- 141-143 Corrigendum to: "The Economics of iron deficiency" [Food Policy 28 (2003) 51-75]
by Horton, S. & Ross, J.
2006, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 483-503 Viewpoint: "Customized competitiveness" strategies for horticultural exporters - Central America focus with lessons from and for other regions
by Reardon, Thomas & Flores, Luis
- 504-527 Crop biotechnology and the African farmer
by Eicher, Carl K. & Maredia, Karim & Sithole-Niang, Idah
- 528-553 Environmental and health benefits of hunting lifestyles and diets for the Innu of Labrador
by Samson, Colin & Pretty, Jules
- 554-569 Technology, transport, globalization and the nutrition transition food policy
by Popkin, Barry M.
- 570-591 FDA's regulation of genetically engineered foods: Scientific, legal and political dimensions
by Pelletier, David L.
- 592-593 Reviewers for Food Policy from February 2005 to September 2006
by Poulton, C.
2006, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 385-400 Asian development and poverty reduction strategies: Integrating fisheries into the development discourse
by Thorpe, Andy & Reid, Chris & van Anrooy, Raymon & Brugere, Cecile & Becker, Denis
- 401-414 Farming fish for profits: A small step towards food security in sub-Saharan Africa
by Hishamunda, Nathanael & Ridler, Neil B.
- 415-441 Indian farmers' valuation of yield distributions: Will poor farmers value `pro-poor' seeds?
by Lybbert, Travis J.
- 442-457 Adoption of improved maize varieties in Southern Ethiopia: Factors and strategy options
by Feleke, Shiferaw & Zegeye, Tesfaye
- 458-468 Can the small dairy farm remain competitive in US agriculture?
by Tauer, Loren W. & Mishra, Ashok K.
- 469-482 The Thrifty Food Plan and low-income households in the United States: What food groups are being neglected?
by Stewart, Hayden & Blisard, Noel
2006, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 275-287 Managing food price risks and instability in a liberalizing market environment: Overview and policy options
by Byerlee, Derek & Jayne, T.S. & Myers, Robert J.
- 288-301 On the costs of food price fluctuations in low-income countries
by Myers, Robert J.
- 302-312 Grain price stabilization experiences in Asia: What have we learned?
by Cummings, Ralph Jr. & Rashid, Shahidur & Gulati, Ashok
- 313-327 What can we learn from past price stabilization policies and market reform in Mexico?
by Avalos-Sartorio, Beatriz
- 328-341 Stabilizing food markets in eastern and southern Africa
by Jayne, T.S. & Zulu, Ballard & Nijhoff, J.J.
- 342-356 State intervention for food price stabilisation in Africa: Can it work?
by Poulton, Colin & Kydd, Jonathan & Wiggins, Steve & Dorward, Andrew
- 357-371 Hedging grain price risk in the SADC: Case studies of Malawi and Zambia
by Dana, Julie & Gilbert, Christopher L. & Shim, Euna
- 372-383 Countercyclical safety nets for the poor and vulnerable
by Alderman, Harold & Haque, Trina
2006, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 195-200 Evolving dairy markets in Asia: Recent findings and implications
by Beghin, John C.
- 201-215 Got milk? The rapid rise of China's dairy sector and its future prospects
by Fuller, Frank & Huang, Jikun & Ma, Hengyun & Rozelle, Scott
- 216-227 Competitiveness and trade potential of India's dairy industry
by Rakotoarisoa, Manitra & Gulati, Ashok
- 228-237 Dairy food consumption, supply, and policy in Japan
by Schluep Campo, Isabelle & Beghin, John C.
- 238-248 Consequences of further opening of the Korean dairy market
by Lee, Hyunok & Sumner, Daniel A. & Ahn, Byeong-il
- 249-259 An economic analysis of the impacts of trade liberalization on Asian dairy market
by Peng, Tingjun & Cox, Thomas L.
- 260-271 The outlook for Asian dairy markets: The role of demographics, income, and prices
by Dong, Fengxia
- 272-274 Professor Sir Hans Singer. A Tribute
by Shaw, John
2006, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 105-118 Towards a global food aid compact
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Maxwell, Daniel G.
- 119-122 Food aid tying is the real problem: A response to the Barrett and Maxwell proposal
by Clay, Edward J.
- 123-141 How useful is the PSE in determining agricultural support?
by Oskam, Arie J. & Meester, Gerrit
- 142-147 Response to the article on "How useful is the PSE in determining agricultural support?" by Arie Oskam and Gerrit Meester
by Tangermann, Stefan
- 148-161 A preliminary comparison of the retail level effects of genetically modified food labelling policies in Canada and France
by Gruere, Guillaume P.
- 162-179 The potential benefits of herbicide-resistant transgenic rice in Uruguay: Lessons for small developing countries
by Hareau, Guy G. & Mills, Bradford F. & Norton, George W.
- 180-193 Land rights, gender equality and household food security: Exploring the conceptual links in the case of India
by Rao, Nitya
2006, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-13 Private voluntary standards in the food system: The perspective of major food retailers in OECD countries
by Fulponi, Linda
- 14-29 Postmodern conceptualizations, modernist applications: Rethinking the role of society in food security
by Carr, Edward R.
- 30-52 Irrigation, agricultural performance and poverty reduction in China
by Huang, Qiuqiong & Rozelle, Scott & Lohmar, Bryan & Huang, Jikun & Wang, Jinxia
- 53-77 An assessment of the potential consumption impacts of WHO dietary norms in OECD countries
by Srinivasan, C.S. & Irz, Xavier & Shankar, Bhavani
- 78-89 Consumer information, labelling and international trade in agri-food products
by Hobbs, Jill E. & Kerr, William A.
- 90-103 Overcoming supply chain failure in the agri-food sector: A case study from Moldova
by Gorton, Matthew & Dumitrashko, Mikhail & White, John
2005, Volume 30, Issue 5-6
- 453-460 Methods, results and policy implications of poverty and food security mapping assessments
by Hyman, Glenn & Larrea, Carlos & Farrow, Andrew
- 461-475 Spatial patterns of poverty in Vietnam and their implications for policy
by Minot, Nicholas & Baulch, Bob
- 476-492 Targeting agricultural research to benefit poor farmers: Relating poverty mapping to maize environments in Mexico
by Bellon, Mauricio R. & Hodson, David & Bergvinson, David & Beck, David & Martinez-Romero, Eduardo & Montoya, Yinha
- 493-509 Spatial clustering of rural poverty and food insecurity in Sri Lanka
by Amarasinghe, Upali & Samad, Madar & Anputhas, Markandu
- 510-531 Exploring the spatial variation of food poverty in Ecuador
by Farrow, Andrew & Larrea, Carlos & Hyman, Glenn & Lema, German
- 532-550 An investigation of the spatial determinants of the local prevalence of poverty in rural Malawi
by Benson, Todd & Chamberlin, Jordan & Rhinehart, Ingrid
- 551-567 Spatial patterns of rural poverty and their relationship with welfare-influencing factors in Bangladesh
by Kam, Suan-Pheng & Hossain, Mahabub & Bose, Manik Lal & Villano, Lorena S.
- 568-583 Livelihood mapping and poverty correlates at a meso-level in Kenya
by Kristjanson, Patricia & Radeny, Maren & Baltenweck, Isabelle & Ogutu, Joseph & Notenbaert, An
- 584-611 Child hunger in the developing world: An analysis of environmental and social correlates
by Balk, Deborah & Storeygard, Adam & Levy, Marc & Gaskell, Joanne & Sharma, Manohar & Flor, Rafael
2005, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 371-384 Private food safety and quality standards for fresh produce exporters: The case of Hortico Agrisystems, Zimbabwe
by Henson, Spencer & Masakure, Oliver & Boselie, David
- 385-398 Impact of genetic modification on country image of imported food products in European markets: Perceptions of channel members
by Knight, John G. & Mather, Damien W. & Holdsworth, David K.
- 399-418 Factors underlying support or opposition to biotechnology among Australian food consumers and implications for retailer-led food regulation
by Lockie, Stewart & Lawrence, Geoffrey & Lyons, Kristen & Grice, Janet
- 419-433 Weeds, heat and pure cultures - On the differential success of new technologies in the Danish and American creamery industries in the 1890s
by Leisner, Jorgen J.
- 434-451 An analytical framework for making long -term projections of undernourishment: A case study for agriculture in Mali
by Butt, Tanveer A. & Mccarl, Bruce A.
2005, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 241-253 Private agri-food standards: Implications for food policy and the agri-food system
by Henson, Spencer & Reardon, Thomas
- 254-269 Central American supermarkets' private standards of quality and safety in procurement of fresh fruits and vegetables
by Berdegue, Julio A. & Balsevich, Fernando & Flores, Luis & Reardon, Thomas
- 270-283 Minimum quality standards, premium private labels, and European meat and fresh produce retailing
by Codron, Jean-Marie & Giraud-Heraud, Eric & Soler, Louis-Georges
- 284-301 Standards as a new form of social contract? Sustainability initiatives in the coffee industry
by Giovannucci, Daniele & Ponte, Stefano
- 302-315 Private and public milk standards in Argentina and Brazil
by Farina, Elizabeth M.M.Q. & Gutman, Graciela E. & Lavarello, Pablo J. & Nunes, Rubens & Reardon, T.
- 316-333 Strategic use of private standards to enhance international competitiveness: Vegetable exports from Kenya and elsewhere
by Jaffee, Steve & Masakure, Oliver
- 334-353 Determinants of retailers' decisions to use public or private grades and standards: Evidence from the fresh produce market of Sao Paulo, Brazil
by Mainville, Denise Y. & Zylbersztajn, Decio & Farina, Elizabeth M.M.Q. & Reardon, Thomas
- 354-369 Third-party certification in the global agrifood system
by Hatanaka, Maki & Bain, Carmen & Busch, Lawrence
2005, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 115-128 Dietary habits, demographics, and the development of overweight and obesity among children in the United States
by Boumtje, Pierre I. & Huang, Chung L. & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Lin, Biing-Hwan
- 129-144 The effect of decoupling on the decision to produce: An Irish case study
by Breen, James P. & Hennessy, Thia C. & Thorne, Fiona S.
- 145-161 The Precautionary Principle and the law of unintended consequences
by Turvey, Calum G. & Mojduszka, Eliza M.
- 162-184 Economic and welfare impacts of commercializing a herbicide-tolerant, biotech wheat
by Johnson, D. Demcey & Lin, William & Vocke, Gary
- 185-204 Lowering barriers to agricultural exports through technical assistance
by Wiig, Arne & Kolstad, Ivar
- 205-223 An evaluation of the importance of subsistence food production for assessments of poverty and policy targeting: Evidence from Romania
by Petrovici, D.A. & Gorton, M.
- 224-239 On the importance of tightening feedback loops for sustainable development of food systems
by Sundkvist, Asa & Milestad, Rebecka & Jansson, AnnMari
2005, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-19 Farm costs and food miles: An assessment of the full cost of the UK weekly food basket
by Pretty, J.N. & Ball, A.S. & Lang, T. & Morison, J.I.L.
- 21-41 Systems of innovation theory and the changing architecture of agricultural research in Africa
by Sumberg, James
- 43-62 Pull and push: individual farming in Hungary
by Rizov, Marian
- 63-80 Crisis management effectiveness indicators for US meat and poultry recalls
by Hooker, Neal H. & Teratanavat, Ratapol P. & Salin, Victoria
- 81-96 Sufficient nourishment worldwide via transfer payments
by Lips, Markus
- 97-113 The rise of supermarkets and changing expenditure patterns of poor rural households case study in the Transkei area, South Africa
by D'Haese, Marijke & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido
2004, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 593-608 Feeding the famine? American food aid and the GMO debate in Southern Africa
by Zerbe, Noah
- 609-620 Post-market surveillance model for potential human health effects of novel foods
by Amanor-Boadu, Vincent
- 621-641 Achieving policy objectives to increase the value of the seafood industry in the United States: the technical feasibility and associated constraints
by Nash, C.E.
- 643-658 Changing household characteristics and the away-from-home food market: a censored equation system approach
by Stewart, Hayden & Yen, Steven T.
- 659-667 Front-label health claims: when less is more
by Wansink, Brian & Sonka, Steven T. & Hasler, Clare M.
- 669-674 Future of the agri-food system: perspectives from the Americas
by Babu, Suresh C.
2004, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 467-483 Preferences and willingness to pay for GM labeling policies
by Loureiro, Maria L. & Hine, Susan
- 485-506 Agricultural policy for quality and producers' evaluations of quality marketing indicators: a Greek case study
by Dimara, Efthalia & Petrou, Anastasia & Skuras, Dimitris
- 507-530 Household income, women's income share and food calorie intake in South Western Nigeria
by Aromolaran, Adebayo B.
- 531-545 Factors affecting the technical efficiency among smallholder farmers in the slash and burn agriculture zone of Cameroon
by Binam, Joachim Nyemeck & Tonye, Jean & wandji, Njankoua & Nyambi, Gwendoline & Akoa, Mireille
- 547-564 Critical water requirements for food, methodology and policy consequences for food security
by Gerbens-Leenes, P.W. & Nonhebel, S.
- 565-585 Is there a 'logic of fodder legumes' in Africa?
by Lenne, J.M. & Wood, D.
- 587-591 The logic of fodder legumes in Africa: a response to Lenne and Wood
by Sumberg, J.
2004, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 295-302 Development strategies for less-favoured areas
by Kuyvenhoven, Arie & Pender, John & Ruben, Ruerd
- 303-320 Rural diversity and heterogeneity in less-favoured areas: the quest for policy targeting
by Ruben, Ruerd & Pender, John
- 321-338 The significance of diversification for rural livelihood systems
by Niehof, Anke
- 339-367 Development pathways for hillsides and highlands: some lessons from Central America and East Africa
by Pender, John
- 369-392 Non-farm income, household welfare, and sustainable land management in a less-favoured area in the Ethiopian highlands
by Holden, Stein & Shiferaw, Bekele & Pender, John
- 393-405 Decomposing producer price risk: a policy analysis tool with an application to northern Kenyan livestock markets
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Luseno, Winnie K.
- 407-429 Creating an enabling environment: policy conditions for less-favored areas
by Kuyvenhoven, Arie
- 431-444 Returns to investment in less-favored areas in developing countries: a synthesis of evidence and implications for Africa
by Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie
- 445-466 Trade policies and development of less-favoured areas: evidence from the literature
by Oskam, A.J. & Komen, M.H.C. & Wobst, P. & Yalew, A.
2004, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 203-213 Food losses in food service institutions Examples from Sweden
by Engstrom, Rebecka & Carlsson-Kanyama, Annika
- 215-228 Consumer choices for quality and sustainability labelled seafood products in the UK
by Jaffry, Shabbar & Pickering, Helen & Ghulam, Yaseen & Whitmarsh, David & Wattage, Prem