2003, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 29-50 Contract production of peas
by Olesen, H. B.
- 51-75 The economics of iron deficiency
by Horton, S. & Ross, J.
- 77-96 Systemic failure in the provision of safe food
by Hennessy, David A. & Roosen, Jutta & Jensen, Helen H.
- 97-97 Erratum to: "Food security, land use, and deforestation in northern Guatemala" by Avrum J. Shriar,: Food Policy 27(4) pp. 395-414 (2002)
by Shriar, Avrum J.
2002, Volume 27, Issue 5-6
- 419-436 Food prices and the efficiency of public intervention: the case of the public distribution system in India
by Ramaswami, B. & Balakrishnan, P.
- 437-454 Ethics, domestic food policy and trade law: assessing the EU animal welfare proposal to the WTO
by Hobbs, A. L. & Hobbs, J. E. & Isaac, G. E. & Kerr, W. A.
- 455-476 The political economy of food subsidy reform: the case of Egypt
by Gutner, Tamar
- 477-491 How effectively does multilateral food aid respond to fluctuating needs?
by Barrett, C. B. & Heisey, K. C.
- 493-518 Seasonal poverty in Madagascar: magnitude and solutions
by Dostie, B. & Haggblade, S. & Randriamamonjy, J.
- 519-540 Weighing what's practical: proxy means tests for targeting food subsidies in Egypt
by Ahmed, Akhter U. & Bouis, Howarth E.
- 541-560 Golden rice: what role could it play in alleviation of vitamin A deficiency?
by Dawe, D. & Robertson, R. & Unnevehr, L.
- 561-573 Effects of agricultural market policy on crop production in China
by Lu, W. C.
2002, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 301-318 Organic certification and the UK market: organic imports from developing countries
by Barrett, H. R. & Browne, A. W. & Harris, P. J. C. & Cadoret, K.
- 319-337 The role of warehouse receipt systems in enhanced commodity marketing and rural livelihoods in Africa
by Coulter, J. & Onumah, G.
- 339-353 Evaluation of publicity measures relating to the EU beef labelling system in Belgium
by Verbeke, W. & Ward, R. W. & Avermaete, T.
- 355-370 The changing structure of the world rice market, 1950-2000
by Dawe, D.
- 371-394 Political reforms, rural crises, and land tenure in western Europe
by Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 395-414 Food security and land use deforestation in northern Guatemala
by Shriar, Avrum J.
2002, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 195-196 Introduction
by Kydd, J.
- 197-222 Carving up the commons--emergence of a new international regime for germplasm development and transfer
by Falcon, W. P. & Fowler, C.
- 223-238 Changing locus of agricultural research: will the poor benefit from biotechnology and privatization trends?
by Pingali, P. L. & Traxler, G.
- 239-246 Can the public sector meet the challenge of private research? Commentary on "Falcon and Fowler" and "Pingali and Traxler"
by Tripp, Robert
- 247-250 The real threat to GM crops in poor countries: consumer and policy resistance to GM foods in rich countries
by Paarlberg, Robert L.
- 251-268 A market-based approach to child nutrition: mothers' demand for quality certification of infant foods in Bamako, Mali
by Sanogo, Diakalia & Masters, William A.
- 269-284 Food safety and development of the beef industry in China
by Brown, Colin G. & Longworth, John W. & Waldron, Scott
- 285-300 The logic of fodder legumes in Africa
by Sumberg, J.
2002, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 103-124 Agricultural supply response and poverty in Mozambique
by Heltberg, R. & Tarp, F.
- 125-141 Improving developing country food security through aquaculture development--lessons from Asia
by Ahmed, Mahfuzuddin & Lorica, Mylene H.
- 143-157 Exploring the regional implications of interstate quarantine policies in Western Australia
by Cook, D. C. & Fraser, R. W.
- 159-170 Soil fertility management on small farms in Africa: evidence from Nakuru District, Kenya
by Omamo, S. W. & Williams, J. C. & Obare, G. A. & Ndiwa, N. N.
- 171-183 The impact of plant varieties rights on research: the case of Spain
by Diez, M. C. F.
- 185-193 Experts and activists: how information affects the demand for food irradiation
by Hayes, D. J. & Fox, J. A. & Shogren, J. F.
2002, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-29 Assessing the impact of food policy research: rice trade policies in Viet Nam
by Ryan, Jim
- 31-45 Farm inputs under pressure from the European food industry
by Levidow, L. & Bijman, J.
- 47-63 World population and food supply: can food production keep pace with population growth in the next half-century?
by Gilland, Bernard
- 65-80 Integrating the consumer interest in food safety: the role of science and other factors+
by Macfarlane, Ronald
- 81-99 The economics of non-GMO segregation and identity preservation
by Bullock, D. S. & Desquilbet, M.
2001, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 549-569 Technical efficiency of alternative farming systems: the case of Greek organic and conventional olive-growing farms
by Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos
- 571-586 Household composition and food expenditures: a cross-country comparison
by Sabates, Ricardo & Gould, Brian W. & Villarreal, Hector J.
- 587-598 The impact of economic reforms on R&D by the Indian seed industry
by Pray, Carl E. & Ramaswami, Bharat & Kelley, Timothy
- 599-613 The development of and prospects for organic farming in the UK
by Rigby, Dan & Young, Trevor & Burton, Michael
2001, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 455-474 The domestic determinants of US food aid policy
by Diven, Polly J.
- 475-493 Analysing agricultural policy reforms under transition in Bulgaria
by Mergos, G. & Stoforos, C. & Mishev, P. & Ivanova, N.
- 495-514 Saving two in a billion: : quantifying the trade effect of European food safety standards on African exports
by Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S. & Sewadeh, Mirvat
- 515-542 Assessing the sustainability of rice production growth in Bangladesh
by Baffes, John & Gautam, Madhur
- 543-548 On the Effectiveness of state anti-corporate farming laws in the United States
by Welsh, Rick & Carpentier, Chantal Line & Hubbell, Bryan
2001, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 315-331 Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications
by Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P.
- 333-350 The dynamics of livelihood diversification in post-famine Ethiopia
by Block, S. & Webb, P.
- 351-365 Income diversification and entry barriers: evidence from the Tigray region of northern Ethiopia
by Woldenhanna, T. & Oskam, A.
- 367-384 Income diversification, poverty traps and policy shocks in Cote d'Ivoire and Kenya
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Bezuneh, Mesfin & Aboud, Abdillahi
- 385-403 Non-agricultural earnings in peri-urban areas of Tanzania: evidence from household survey data
by Lanjouw, Peter & Quizon, Jaime & Sparrow, Robert
- 405-420 Non-farm income, gender, and inequality: evidence from rural Ghana and Uganda
by Canagarajah, S. & Newman, C. & Bhattamishra, R.
- 421-435 Livelihood diversification in Uganda: patterns and determinants of change across two rural districts
by Smith, Davd Rider & Gordon, Ann & Meadows, Kate & Zwick, Karen
- 437-452 Determinants of income diversification amongst rural households in Southern Mali
by Abdulai, Awudu & CroleRees, Anna
2001, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 209-228 How widespread is undernourishment?: A critique of measurement methods and new empirical results
by Gabbert, Silke & Weikard, Hans-Peter
- 229-247 Coming to terms with vulnerability: a critique of the food security definition
by Dilley, Maxx & Boudreau, Tanya E.
- 249-264 Can biotechnology reach the poor? The adequacy of information and seed delivery
by Tripp, Robert
- 265-280 Managing and funding germplasm preservation in Papua New Guinea -- for improved indigenous foods
by Kingwell, R. & Godden, D. & Kambuou, R. & Jackson, G.
- 281-295 Beef sector re-structuring after Agenda 2000: an Irish example
by Binfield, Julian C. R. & Hennessy, Thia C.
- 297-313 Current constraints and future possibilities for Bangladesh fisheries
by Alam, Md. Ferdous & Thomson, Kenneth J.
2001, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 107-119 Who gets the goods? A general equilibrium perspective on food aid in Mozambique
by Arndt, Channing & Tarp, Finn
- 121-145 Decoupled payments to facilitate CAP reform
by Beard, Nick & Swinbank, Alan
- 147-161 Policies for African seed enterprise development
by Tripp, Robert & Rohrbach, David
- 163-175 How far down the path to free trade? The importance of rice price stabilization in developing Asia
by Dawe, David
- 177-207 Addressing food security in Africa via multiple livelihood strategies of women farmers
by Gladwin, Christina H. & Thomson, Anne M. & Peterson, Jennifer S. & Anderson, Andrea S.
2001, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-10 Fertilizer trade under market liberalization: preliminary evidence from Kenya
by Omamo, Steven Were & Mose, Lawrence O.
- 11-34 Could marine resources provide a short-term solution to declining fish supply in SADC inland countries? The case of horse mackerel
by Hara, Mafaniso Michael
- 35-48 Agriculture and ISO 14000
by Wall, Ellen & Weersink, Alfons & Swanton, Clarence
- 49-64 Targeting urban malnutrition: a multi-city analysis of the spatial distribution of childhood nutritional status
by Morris, Saul Sutkover
- 65-83 Food subsidies in Egypt: reform options, distribution and welfare
by Lofgren, Hans & El-Said, Moataz
- 85-95 Reconciling food-for-work project feasibility with food aid targeting in Tigray, Ethiopia
by Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Swinton, Scott M.
- 97-99 Food Security and Nutrition: The Global Challenge: Uwe Kracht and Manfred Schulz (editors), New York, St. Martin's Press, 1999
by Devereux, Stephen
- 99-103 Public Health and Nutrition: The Challenge: Kohler, Feichtinger, Dowler and Winkler, eds
by Milio, Nancy
- 103-105 Scaling Up, Scaling Down: Overcoming Malnutrition in Developing Countries: T.J. Marchione, (ed.) 1999, Gordon Breach Publishers, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
by Webb, Patrick
2000, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 629-635 Achieving food security in Central Asia -- current challenges and policy research needs
by Babu, Suresh & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 637-646 Prospects for food demand and supply in Central Asia
by Pandya-Lorch, Rajul & Rosegrant, Mark W.
- 647-660 Poverty, food security, and nutrition in Central Asia: a case study of the Kyrgyz Republic
by Babu, Suresh & Reidhead, William
- 661-679 Food policy research for improving the reform of agricultural input and output markets in Central Asia
by Goletti, Francesco & Chabot, Philippe
- 681-700 Trends in feed, livestock production, and rangelands during the transition period in three Central Asian countries
by Suleimenov, Mekhlis & Oram, Peter
- 701-717 Kazakhstan's wheat system: priorities, constraints, and future prospects
by Meng, Erika & Longmire, Jim & Moldashev, Altynbeck
- 719-732 Food policy reforms for sustainable agricultural development in Uzbekistan, the Kyrgyz Republic, and Tajikistan
by Tashmatov, A. & Aknazarov, F. & Juraev, A. & Khusanov, R. & Kadyrkulov, K. D. & Kalchayev, K. & Amirov, Bakhriddin
- 733-747 Agricultural policy reforms and food security in Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan
by Baydildina, Adilya & Akshinbay, Aynur & Bayetova, Manshuk & Mkrytichyan, Lado & Haliepesova, Anadjamal & Ataev, Djandurdy
2000, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 531-559 Impacts of food crop improvement research: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
by Maredia, Mywish K. & Byerlee, Derek & Pee, Peter
- 561-597 Global projections for root and tuber crops to the year 2020
by Scott, Gregory J. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Ringler, Claudia
- 599-622 Neo-liberalism and its impact on overfishing and overcapitalisation in the marine fisheries of Chile, Mexico and Peru
by Ibarra, Alonso Aguilar & Reid, Chris & Thorpe, Andy
- 623-625 Our Continent, our Future: African Perspectives on Structural Adjustment: Thandika Mkandawire and Charles C. Soludo; Codesria, Dakar, IDRC, Ottawa, and Africa World Press, Trenton NJ and Asmara, 1999, pp. 176+xiv, ISBN 2-86978-074-5
by Lawrence, Peter
- 625-627 Food Security. Factors that Could Affect Progress Toward Meeting World Food Summit Goals: Report of Congressional Requesters; United States General Accounting Office, Washington, D.C., pp. 101, GAO/NSIAD-99-15, March 1999
by Shaw, D. J.
2000, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 389-409 Rural poverty in Latin America: Determinants and exit paths
by de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 411-428 Targeting public investments by agro-ecological zone to achieve growth and poverty alleviation goals in rural India
by Fan, Shenngen & Hazell, Peter & Haque, T.
- 429-445 Targeting poverty alleviation in priority setting for agricultural research
by Byerlee, Derek
- 447-462 Role of agricultural research in poverty reduction: lessons from the Asian experience
by Otsuka, Keijiro
- 463-478 Poverty, productivity and production environment:: a review of the evidence
by Renkow, Mitch
- 479-498 A downward spiral? Research evidence on the relationship between poverty and natural resource degradation
by Scherr, Sara J.
- 499-513 Public-private alliances in biotechnology: Can they narrow the knowledge gaps between rich and poor?
by Rausser, Gordon & Simon, Leo & Ameden, Holly
- 515-530 Reasonable expectations on the prospects for documenting the impact of agricultural research on poverty in ex-post case studies
by Walker, Thomas S.
2000, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 231-231 Preface
by Roe, Terry L.
- 233-241 The household:: the neglected link in research and programs for poverty alleviation
by Schuh, G. Edward
- 243-254 Asian economic crisis and the long-term global food situation
by Rosegrant, Mark W. & Ringler, Claudia
- 255-268 The new policy environment for food aid: the challenge of sub-Saharan Africa
by Christensen, Cheryl
- 269-282 Poverty and undernutrition in South Asia
by Srinivasan, T. N.
- 283-295 The macro dimensions of food security: economic growth, equitable distribution, and food price stability
by Timmer, C. Peter
- 297-315 Economic growth and world food insecurity: a parametric approach
by Shane, Mathew & Teigen, Lloyd & Gehlhar, Mark & Roe, Terry
- 317-335 The weak link between world food markets and world food security
by Paarlberg, Robert
- 337-350 Has world cereal market instability increased?
by Sarris, Alexander H.
- 351-364 Prices, wages and poverty in rural India: what lessons do the time series data hold for policy?
by Ravallion, Martin
- 365-378 A role for capital markets in natural disasters: a piece of the food security puzzle
by Skees, Jerry R.
2000, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 115-124 Charting change in official assistance to agriculture
by Trotter, Bruce & Gordon, Ann
- 125-141 Food policy research for developing countries: emerging issues and unfinished business
by Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 143-167 Many borrow, more save, and all insure: implications for food and micro-finance policy
by Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar
- 169-188 Welfare implications on Chilean agriculture as a result of collective action
by Ortiz, Jaime
- 189-209 World cereal price instability and a market based instrument for LDC food import risk management
by Sarris, Alexander H.
- 211-218 Experimental valuation of food safety: Application to sewage sludge
by Stenger, Anne
- 219-224 Ensuring Food Security in Egypt: Food Subsidy, Income Generation and Market Reform, Cairo Egypt, 25-26 May 1999
by McClafferty, Bonnie
- 225-229 Famine in Africa: Causes, Responses, and Prevention: Joachim von Braun, Tesfaye Teklu and Patrick Webb; Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1998, pp. 219, hardback
by Devereux, Stephen
- 229-230 Against the Grain: Biotechnology and the Corporate Takeover of your Food: Mark Lappe and Britt Bailey; Common Courage Press, Monroe, ME, USA, Earthscan Publications Ltd, London, 1998, ISBN 1-56751-150-3
by Pretty, Jules
2000, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-16 Inefficiencies in the UK milk quota system
by Colman, David
- 17-34 Impact of the 1996 US FAIR Act on the Common Agricultural Policy in the World Trade Organisation context: the decoupling issue
by Guyomard, Herve & Bureau, Jean-Christophe & Gohin, Alexandre & Le Mouel, Chantal
- 35-54 The trade-off between economic efficiency and food self-sufficiency in using Sudan's irrigated land resources
by Hassan, Rashid M. & Faki, Hamid & Byerlee, D.
- 55-67 Romanian wheat prices: is there a need for stabilisation?
by Hubbard, L. J. & Lingard, J. & Webster, J. P. G.
- 69-89 Organic production and ethical trade: definition, practice and links
by Browne, A. W. & Harris, P. J. C. & Hofny-Collins, A. H. & Pasiecznik, N. & Wallace, R. R.
- 91-103 Consumption patterns and food attitudes of a sample of 657 low-income people in France
by Roux, Cecile & Le Couedic, Philippe & Durand-Gasselin, Sabine & Luquet, Francois-Marie
- 105-109 Food and agricultural policies for the 21st century.: First World Congress of the World Agricultural Forum, St. Louis, Missouri, 23-25 May 1999
by Babu, Suresh
1999, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 589-603 Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues
by Henson, Spencer & Caswell, Julie
- 605-623 Benefits and costs of food safety regulation
by Antle, John M.
- 625-635 The economic implications of using HACCP as a food safety regulatory standard
by Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jensen, Helen H.
- 637-651 Food safety and product liability
by Buzby, Jean C. & Frenzen, Paul D.
- 653-668 Food safety regulation and trade in food products
by Hooker, Neal H.
- 669-683 Private incentives for adopting food safety and quality assurance
by Holleran, Erin & Bredahl, Maury E. & Zaibet, Lokman
- 685-706 Strategic responses to food safety legislation
by Loader, Rupert & Hobbs, Jill E.
1999, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 465-478 Effects of the CFA franc devaluation on urban food consumption in West Africa: overview and cross-country comparisons
by Diagana, Bocar & Akindes, Francis & Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Staatz, John
- 479-493 Food strategies of urban households in Cote d'Ivoire following the 1994 CFA franc devaluation
by Akindes, Francis
- 495-515 Household consumption responses to the franc CFA devaluation: evidence from urban Senegal
by Diagana, Bocar & Reardon, Thomas
- 517-534 Household consumption responses to the franc CFA devaluation: evidence from urban Mali
by Singare, Kassim & Reardon, Thomas & Camara, Youssouf & Wanzala, Mariah & Teme, Bino & Sanogo, Ousmane
- 535-551 Substitution between domestic and imported food in urban consumption in Burkina Faso:: assessing the impact of devaluation1
by Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Kazianga, Harounan
- 553-564 US consumers' perceptions of the importance of following the US dietary guidelines
by Nayga Jr., Rodolfo M. & Capps Jr., Oral
- 565-584 The status and prospects for genetically modified crops in Europe
by Franks, Jeremy R.
- 585-588 The Reform of the Common Agricultural Policy -- The Case of the MacSharry Reforms; A. Kay; CABI Publishing, 1998, pp. ix, 186, ISBN 0-851-99298-6, [UK pound]35. Agriculture and World Trade Liberalisation -- Socio-environmental Perspectives on the Common Agricultural Policy; M.R. Redclift, J.N. Lekakis and G.P. Zanias (Eds.); CABI Publishing 1999, pp. xi, 269, ISBN-0-851-99297-8, [UK pound]40
by Peters, G. H.
1999, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 349-355 Commercial R&D linkage with public agro-food institutions
by Barnes, A. P.
- 357-362 Attaining food security in Central Asia--emerging issues and challenges for policy research
by Babu, Suresh Chandra & Tashmatov, Alisher
- 363-390 Household food security in semi-arid Africa--the contribution of participatory adaptive research and development to rural livelihoods in Eastern Kenya
by Sutherland, A. J. & Irungu, J. W. & Kang'ara, J. & Muthamia, J. & Ouma, J.
- 391-409 Food aid targeting in Ethiopia: A study of who needs it and who gets it
by Clay, Daniel C. & Molla, Daniel & Habtewold, Debebe
- 411-429 Alternative food-security indicators: revisiting the frequency and severity of 'coping strategies'
by Maxwell, Daniel & Ahiadeke, Clement & Levin, Carol & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Zakariah, Sawudatu & Lamptey, Grace Mary
- 431-442 Economics of transgenic herbicide-tolerant canola: The case of western Canada
by Mayer, Holly & Furtan, W. H.
- 443-458 The cereal flour enrichment program in Venezuela: Some results during a decreasing food purchasing power stage
by Ablan de Florez, Elvira & Abreu Olivo, Edgar
1999, Volume 24, Issue 2-3
- 117-133 The gap between food intakes and the Pyramid recommendations: measurement and food system ramifications
by McNamara, Paul E. & Ranney, Christine K. & Kantor, Linda Scott & Krebs-Smith, Susan M.
- 135-144 Diet and health: new problems/new solutions1
by Bush, Laina M. & Williams, Richard A.
- 145-162 Economic evaluation of nutrition policy: Or, there's no such thing as a free lunch
by Kenkel, Donald S. & Manning, Willard
- 181-195 Agricultural commodity production and trade: a trade economist's view on filling US food supply gaps
by Abbott, Philip
- 197-209 Agriculture and dietary guidelines
by Duxbury, John M. & Welch, Ross M.
- 211-229 Agriculture and the environment: an economic perspective with implications for nutrition1
by Zilberman, David & Templeton, Scott R. & Khanna, Madhu
- 237-253 How can the US food system deliver food products consistent with the dietary guidelines?: Food marketing and retailing: an economist's view
by Kinsey, Jean & Bowland, Bradley
- 255-264 Food processing: a food scientist's perspective
by Smith, Robert E.
- 269-286 Economics, food choices, and nutrition
by Blaylock, James & Smallwood, David & Kassel, Kathleen & Variyam, Jay & Aldrich, Lorna
- 287-294 Factors affecting food decisions made by individual consumers
by Asp, Elaine H.
- 295-306 How government policies shape the food and nutrition information environment1
by Ippolito, Pauline M.
- 311-324 Public policy and the supply of food
by Collins, Keith
- 325-333 Public policy in nutrition: the US nutrition safety net--past, present and future
by Kennedy, Eileen
- 335-341 Public policy and healthy eating
by Michael McGinnis, J. & Meyers, Linda D.
1999, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 7-15 From 'food aid' to 'aid for food': into the 21st century
by Reutlinger, Shlomo
- 21-47 Agricultural credit problems and policies during the transition to a market economy in Central and Eastern Europe
by Swinnen, Johan F. M. & Gow, Hamish R.
- 71-91 Human milk supply in Australia
by Smith, Julie P.
- 93-108 Denmark's contribution to the world food programme: a success story
by Colding, Bjorg & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
1998, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 459-475 The food security challenge for southern Africa
by Duncan, Alex
- 477-490 Agricultural productivity and natural resource use in southern Africa
by Abalu, George & Hassan, Rashid
- 491-504 Towards regional food security in southern Africa: a (new) policy framework for the agricultural sector
by van Rooyen, Johan & Sigwele, Howard
- 505-518 Regional trade and food security in SADC1
by Maasdorp, Gavin
- 529-537 Zimbabwe's smallholder agriculture miracle
by Mabeza-Chimedza, Ruvimbo
- 539-551 The impact of market liberalisation on food security in Zambia
by Seshamani, V.
- 553-569 The impact of agricultural liberalisation on food security in Malawi
by Chilowa, Wycliffe
- 571-585 The development of food security policy for South Africa (SAFSP): a consultative process
by Makhura, Moraka T.
1998, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 329-345 How does the human rights perspective help to shape the food and nutrition policy research agenda?
by Haddad, Lawrence & Oshaug, Arne
- 347-356 Food safety issues and the BSE scare: some lessons from the French case
by Latouche, K. & Rainelli, P. & Vermersch, D.
- 357-369 Consumer concerns about nutritional attributes in a transition economy
by Moon, Wanki & Florkowski, Wojciech J. & A. Resurreccion, Anna V. & Paraskova, Pavlina & R. Beuchat, Larry & Jordanov, Jordan & Chinnan, Manjeet S.
- 371-381 Ecological principles in agricultural policy: but which principles?
by Wood, David
- 383-394 Policy initiatives for regional foods: some insights from consumer research
by Tregear, Angela & Kuznesof, Sharron & Moxey, Andrew
- 395-409 The European Union enlargement - the case of agriculture in Slovenia
by Erjavec, Emil & Rednak, Miroslav & Volk, Tina
- 411-424 Does urban agriculture help prevent malnutrition? Evidence from Kampala
by Maxwell, Daniel & Levin, Carol & Csete, Joanne
- 425-445 Can FAO's measure of chronic undernourishment be strengthened?
by Smith, Lisa C.
1998, Volume 23, Issue 3-4
- 215-230 Saucy with the Gods: nutrition and food security speak to poverty
by Maxwell, Simon
- 231-240 The beginning of the end or the end of the beginning for the BSE crisis?
by Caskie, Paul & Davis, John & Moss, Joan E.
- 241-261 Estimating the interactions between household food security and preschool diarrhea
by Haddad, Lawrence & Bhattarai, Saroj & Immink, Maarten & Kumar, Shubh
- 263-275 Food security and hedonic behaviour: a case study of Sao Tome e Principe
by de Carvalho, Bernardo R. P.
- 277-293 Climate change and dietary choices -- how can emissions of greenhouse gases from food consumption be reduced?
by Carlsson-Kanyama, Annika
- 295-304 The effects of data collection methods on calorie-expenditure elasticity estimates: a study from the Dominican Republic
by Ohri-Vachaspati, Punam & Lorge Rogers, Beatrice & Kennedy, Eileen & Goldberg, Jeanne P.
- 305-323 European agricultural policy and farm animal welfare
by Winter, M. & Fry, C. & Carruthers, S. P.
1998, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 131-142 Formal contracts in fresh produce markets
by Poole, Nigel D. & Del Campo Gomis, Francisco J. & Julia Igual, Juan F. & Vidal Gimenez, Fernando
- 143-154 Evaluation of small-scale aquaculture with intra-rural household trade as an alternative enterprise for limited resource farmers: the case of Rwanda
by Hishamunda, Nathanael & Jolly, Curtis M. & Engle, Carole R.
- 155-172 Economic development and the food question in Latin America
by Maluf, Renato S.
- 173-185 Dairy co-operatives and policy reform in Kenya: effects of livestock service and milk market liberalisation
by Owango, M. & J. Staal, S. & Kenyanjui, M. & Lukuyu, B. & Njubi, D. & Thorpe, W.
- 187-198 The poor impacts of the liberalisation of EU agricultural imports from central and eastern Europe: Failure of the preferences, or failure of the associated countries?1
by Duponcel, Marc
- 199-210 Effects of Egyptian economic reforms: the horticultural sector
by Pautsch, Gregory R. & Abdelrahman, Ali H.
1998, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 9-23 Food safety regulation and the firm: understanding the compliance process1
by Henson, Spencer & Heasman, Michael
- 25-40 Quality farm food in Europe: a possible alternative to the industrialised food market and to current agri-environmental policies: lessons from France
by Gilg, Andrew W. & Battershill, Martin
- 41-54 Processed food exports from developing countries: patterns and determinants
by Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Sen, Kunal
- 55-71 India's maize seed industry in transition: changing roles for the public and private sectors
by Morris, Michael L. & Singh, R. P. & Pal, Suresh
- 73-88 The potential for agricultural trade among Eastern and Southern African countries
by Weeks, John & Subasat, Turan
- 89-103 Wholesale food markets with 'Chinese characteristics'
by Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z. & Locke, Christopher G.
1997, Volume 22, Issue 6
- 475-486 Market based price support program: an alternative approach to large scale food procurement and distribution system
by Khan, M. Mahmud & Jamal, A. M. M.
- 487-500 The impact of the Uruguay Round on tariff escalation in agricultural products
by Lindland, Jostein
- 501-514 Globalisation of food quality standards: the impact in Greece
by Varzakas, Theodore & Jukes, David