August 2004, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 393-405 Decomposing producer price risk: a policy analysis tool with an application to northern Kenyan livestock markets
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Luseno, Winnie K.
- 407-429 Creating an enabling environment: policy conditions for less-favored areas
by Kuyvenhoven, Arie
- 431-444 Returns to investment in less-favored areas in developing countries: a synthesis of evidence and implications for Africa
by Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie
- 445-466 Trade policies and development of less-favoured areas: evidence from the literature
by Oskam, A.J. & Komen, M.H.C. & Wobst, P. & Yalew, A.
June 2004, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 203-213 Food losses in food service institutions Examples from Sweden
by Engstrom, Rebecka & Carlsson-Kanyama, Annika
- 215-228 Consumer choices for quality and sustainability labelled seafood products in the UK
by Jaffry, Shabbar & Pickering, Helen & Ghulam, Yaseen & Whitmarsh, David & Wattage, Prem
- 229-255 The development of private fresh produce safety standards: implications for developing Mediterranean exporting countries
by Garcia Martinez, Marian & Poole, Nigel
- 257-273 Instability in Indian agriculture--a challenge to the Green Revolution technology
by Larson, Donald W. & Jones, Eugene & Pannu, R. S. & Sheokand, R. S.
- 275-294 Farm investment, credit rationing, and governmentally promoted credit access in Poland: a cross-sectional analysis
by Petrick, Martin
April 2004, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 113-129 Nonparametric and parametric analysis of calorie consumption in Tanzania
by Abdulai, Awudu & Aubert, Dominique
- 131-146 To spray or not to spray: pesticides, banana exports, and food safety
by Wilson, John S. & Otsuki, Tsunehiro
- 147-168 Potential health benefits of Golden Rice: a Philippine case study
by Zimmermann, Roukayatou & Qaim, Matin
- 169-185 The effects of trade policies for fresh fruit and vegetables of the European Union
by Cioffi, Antonio & dell'Aquila, Crescenzo
- 187-202 Challenging Bennet's law: the new economics of starchy staples in Asia
by Fuglie, Keith O.
February 2004, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-14 Impact of EU organic product certification legislation on Chile organic exports
by Garcia Martinez, Marian & Banados, Felipe
- 15-44 Biotechnology in the developing world: a case for increased investments in orphan crops
by Naylor, Rosamond L. & Falcon, Walter P. & Goodman, Robert M. & Jahn, Molly M. & Sengooba, Theresa & Tefera, Hailu & Nelson, Rebecca J.
- 45-60 Risks and implications of bovine spongiform encephalopathy for the United States: insights from other countries
by Fox, John A. & Hanawa Peterson, Hikaru
- 61-98 The use of nutrient audits to determine nutrient balances in Africa
by Sheldrick, William F. & Lingard, John
- 99-111 Public investment and China's long-term food security under WTO
by Zhu, Jing
2003, Volume 28, Issue 5-6
- 421-421 Agricultural growth, poverty reduction and agro-ecological zones in India: an ecological fallacy?
by Poulton, Colin
- 423-431 Agricultural growth, poverty reduction and agro-ecological zones in India: an ecological fallacy?
by Palmer-Jones, Richard
- 433-436 Agricultural growth, poverty reduction and agro-ecological zones in India: an ecological fallacy?
by Hazell, Peter & Fan, Shenggen
- 437-458 Zimbabwe's Agricultural Recovery Programme in the 1990s: an evaluation using household survey data
by Munro, Lauchlan T.
- 459-469 Why organic food in Germany is a merit good
by Mann, Stefan
- 471-485 Influence of spillovers to Australia on impacts of the International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas
by Brennan, John P. & Aw-Hassan, Aden & Nordblom, Thomas L.
- 487-503 Profit efficiency among Bangladeshi rice farmers
by Rahman, Sanzidur
- 505-518 Fertilizer market liberalization and private retail trade in Kenya
by Freeman, H. Ade & Kaguongo, Wachira
- 519-546 Concentration in ownership of plant variety rights: some implications for developing countries
by Srinivasan, C. S.
- 547-560 Rethinking new wines: implications of local and environmentally friendly labels
by Loureiro, Maria L.
August 2003, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 277-292 Input use and market development in Sub-Saharan Africa: an overview
by Crawford, Eric & Kelly, Valerie & Jayne, T. S. & Howard, Julie
- 293-316 Fertilizer market development: a comparative analysis of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Zambia
by Jayne, T. S. & Govereh, J. & Wanzala, M. & Demeke, M.
- 317-333 Looking beyond national boundaries: regional harmonization of seed policies, laws and regulations
by Rohrbach, D. D. & Minde, I. J. & Howard, J.
- 335-348 Promoting high-input maize technologies in Africa: the Sasakawa-Global 2000 experience in Ethiopia and Mozambique
by Howard, Julie & Crawford, Eric & Kelly, Valerie & Demeke, Mulat & Jeje, Jose Jaime
- 349-363 Realigning research and extension to focus on farmers' constraints and opportunities
by Snapp, S. S. & Blackie, M. J. & Donovan, C.
- 365-378 Prospects for integrated soil fertility management using organic and inorganic inputs: evidence from smallholder African agricultural systems
by Place, Frank & Barrett, Christopher B. & Freeman, H. Ade & Ramisch, Joshua J. & Vanlauwe, Bernard
- 379-404 Expanding access to agricultural inputs in Africa: a review of recent market development experience
by Kelly, Valerie & Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Gordon, Ann
- 405-419 Linking farmers to markets: different approaches to human capital development
by Bingen, Jim & Serrano, Alex & Howard, Julie
June 2003, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 187-211 Policy options promoting market participation among smallholder livestock producers: a case study from the Phillipines
by Lapar, M. L. & Holloway, G. & Ehui, S.
- 221-235 African traditional leafy vegetables and the urban and peri-urban poor
by Gockowski, James & Mbazo'o, Julie & Mbah, Glory & Fouda Moulende, Terese
- 237-252 Regional agricultural labour productivity convergence in China
by McErlean, Seamus & Wu, Ziping
- 253-275 Smallholder income and land distribution in Africa: implications for poverty reduction strategies
by Jayne, T. S. & Yamano, Takashi & Weber, Michael T. & Tschirley, David & Benfica, Rui & Chapoto, Antony & Zulu, Ballard
April 2003, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 99-115 Consumer demand for food diversity: evidence for Germany
by Thiele, S. & Weiss, C.
- 117-130 Infant formula preparation by rural and semi-rural women in South Africa
by Dorosko, Stephanie & Rollins, Nigel
- 131-145 Risk perceptions, endogenous demand and regulation of agricultural biotechnology
by Artuso, A.
- 147-166 Processed food trade and developing countries: protection and trade liberalization
by Rae, A. & Josling, T.
- 167-186 Forecasting food demand in Tunisia under alternative pricing policies
by Dhehibi, B. & Gil, J. M.
February 2003, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-11 A compromise formula for tariff cuts in agriculture
by Konandreas, Panos
- 13-27 Supplying vegetables to Asian cities: is there a case for peri-urban production?
by Midmore, D. J. & Jansen, H. G. P.
- 29-50 Contract production of peas
by Olesen, H. B.
- 51-75 The economics of iron deficiency
by Horton, S. & Ross, J.
- 77-96 Systemic failure in the provision of safe food
by Hennessy, David A. & Roosen, Jutta & Jensen, Helen H.
- 97-97 Erratum to: "Food security, land use, and deforestation in northern Guatemala" by Avrum J. Shriar,: Food Policy 27(4) pp. 395-414 (2002)
by Shriar, Avrum J.
2002, Volume 27, Issue 5-6
- 419-436 Food prices and the efficiency of public intervention: the case of the public distribution system in India
by Ramaswami, B. & Balakrishnan, P.
- 437-454 Ethics, domestic food policy and trade law: assessing the EU animal welfare proposal to the WTO
by Hobbs, A. L. & Hobbs, J. E. & Isaac, G. E. & Kerr, W. A.
- 455-476 The political economy of food subsidy reform: the case of Egypt
by Gutner, Tamar
- 477-491 How effectively does multilateral food aid respond to fluctuating needs?
by Barrett, C. B. & Heisey, K. C.
- 493-518 Seasonal poverty in Madagascar: magnitude and solutions
by Dostie, B. & Haggblade, S. & Randriamamonjy, J.
- 519-540 Weighing what's practical: proxy means tests for targeting food subsidies in Egypt
by Ahmed, Akhter U. & Bouis, Howarth E.
- 541-560 Golden rice: what role could it play in alleviation of vitamin A deficiency?
by Dawe, D. & Robertson, R. & Unnevehr, L.
- 561-573 Effects of agricultural market policy on crop production in China
by Lu, W. C.
August 2002, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 301-318 Organic certification and the UK market: organic imports from developing countries
by Barrett, H. R. & Browne, A. W. & Harris, P. J. C. & Cadoret, K.
- 319-337 The role of warehouse receipt systems in enhanced commodity marketing and rural livelihoods in Africa
by Coulter, J. & Onumah, G.
- 339-353 Evaluation of publicity measures relating to the EU beef labelling system in Belgium
by Verbeke, W. & Ward, R. W. & Avermaete, T.
- 355-370 The changing structure of the world rice market, 1950-2000
by Dawe, D.
- 371-394 Political reforms, rural crises, and land tenure in western Europe
by Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 395-414 Food security and land use deforestation in northern Guatemala
by Shriar, Avrum J.
June 2002, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 195-196 Introduction
by Kydd, J.
- 197-222 Carving up the commons--emergence of a new international regime for germplasm development and transfer
by Falcon, W. P. & Fowler, C.
- 223-238 Changing locus of agricultural research: will the poor benefit from biotechnology and privatization trends?
by Pingali, P. L. & Traxler, G.
- 239-246 Can the public sector meet the challenge of private research? Commentary on "Falcon and Fowler" and "Pingali and Traxler"
by Tripp, Robert
- 247-250 The real threat to GM crops in poor countries: consumer and policy resistance to GM foods in rich countries
by Paarlberg, Robert L.
- 251-268 A market-based approach to child nutrition: mothers' demand for quality certification of infant foods in Bamako, Mali
by Sanogo, Diakalia & Masters, William A.
- 269-284 Food safety and development of the beef industry in China
by Brown, Colin G. & Longworth, John W. & Waldron, Scott
- 285-300 The logic of fodder legumes in Africa
by Sumberg, J.
April 2002, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 103-124 Agricultural supply response and poverty in Mozambique
by Heltberg, R. & Tarp, F.
- 125-141 Improving developing country food security through aquaculture development--lessons from Asia
by Ahmed, Mahfuzuddin & Lorica, Mylene H.
- 143-157 Exploring the regional implications of interstate quarantine policies in Western Australia
by Cook, D. C. & Fraser, R. W.
- 159-170 Soil fertility management on small farms in Africa: evidence from Nakuru District, Kenya
by Omamo, S. W. & Williams, J. C. & Obare, G. A. & Ndiwa, N. N.
- 171-183 The impact of plant varieties rights on research: the case of Spain
by Diez, M. C. F.
- 185-193 Experts and activists: how information affects the demand for food irradiation
by Hayes, D. J. & Fox, J. A. & Shogren, J. F.
February 2002, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-29 Assessing the impact of food policy research: rice trade policies in Viet Nam
by Ryan, Jim
- 31-45 Farm inputs under pressure from the European food industry
by Levidow, L. & Bijman, J.
- 47-63 World population and food supply: can food production keep pace with population growth in the next half-century?
by Gilland, Bernard
- 65-80 Integrating the consumer interest in food safety: the role of science and other factors+
by Macfarlane, Ronald
- 81-99 The economics of non-GMO segregation and identity preservation
by Bullock, D. S. & Desquilbet, M.
December 2001, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 549-569 Technical efficiency of alternative farming systems: the case of Greek organic and conventional olive-growing farms
by Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Pantzios, Christos J. & Fotopoulos, Christos
- 571-586 Household composition and food expenditures: a cross-country comparison
by Sabates, Ricardo & Gould, Brian W. & Villarreal, Hector J.
- 587-598 The impact of economic reforms on R&D by the Indian seed industry
by Pray, Carl E. & Ramaswami, Bharat & Kelley, Timothy
- 599-613 The development of and prospects for organic farming in the UK
by Rigby, Dan & Young, Trevor & Burton, Michael
October 2001, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 455-474 The domestic determinants of US food aid policy
by Diven, Polly J.
- 475-493 Analysing agricultural policy reforms under transition in Bulgaria
by Mergos, G. & Stoforos, C. & Mishev, P. & Ivanova, N.
- 495-514 Saving two in a billion: : quantifying the trade effect of European food safety standards on African exports
by Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S. & Sewadeh, Mirvat
- 515-542 Assessing the sustainability of rice production growth in Bangladesh
by Baffes, John & Gautam, Madhur
- 543-548 On the Effectiveness of state anti-corporate farming laws in the United States
by Welsh, Rick & Carpentier, Chantal Line & Hubbell, Bryan
August 2001, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 315-331 Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications
by Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P.
- 333-350 The dynamics of livelihood diversification in post-famine Ethiopia
by Block, S. & Webb, P.
- 351-365 Income diversification and entry barriers: evidence from the Tigray region of northern Ethiopia
by Woldenhanna, T. & Oskam, A.
- 367-384 Income diversification, poverty traps and policy shocks in Cote d'Ivoire and Kenya
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Bezuneh, Mesfin & Aboud, Abdillahi
- 385-403 Non-agricultural earnings in peri-urban areas of Tanzania: evidence from household survey data
by Lanjouw, Peter & Quizon, Jaime & Sparrow, Robert
- 405-420 Non-farm income, gender, and inequality: evidence from rural Ghana and Uganda
by Canagarajah, S. & Newman, C. & Bhattamishra, R.
- 421-435 Livelihood diversification in Uganda: patterns and determinants of change across two rural districts
by Smith, Davd Rider & Gordon, Ann & Meadows, Kate & Zwick, Karen
- 437-452 Determinants of income diversification amongst rural households in Southern Mali
by Abdulai, Awudu & CroleRees, Anna
June 2001, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 209-228 How widespread is undernourishment?: A critique of measurement methods and new empirical results
by Gabbert, Silke & Weikard, Hans-Peter
- 229-247 Coming to terms with vulnerability: a critique of the food security definition
by Dilley, Maxx & Boudreau, Tanya E.
- 249-264 Can biotechnology reach the poor? The adequacy of information and seed delivery
by Tripp, Robert
- 265-280 Managing and funding germplasm preservation in Papua New Guinea -- for improved indigenous foods
by Kingwell, R. & Godden, D. & Kambuou, R. & Jackson, G.
- 281-295 Beef sector re-structuring after Agenda 2000: an Irish example
by Binfield, Julian C. R. & Hennessy, Thia C.
- 297-313 Current constraints and future possibilities for Bangladesh fisheries
by Alam, Md. Ferdous & Thomson, Kenneth J.
April 2001, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 107-119 Who gets the goods? A general equilibrium perspective on food aid in Mozambique
by Arndt, Channing & Tarp, Finn
- 121-145 Decoupled payments to facilitate CAP reform
by Beard, Nick & Swinbank, Alan
- 147-161 Policies for African seed enterprise development
by Tripp, Robert & Rohrbach, David
- 163-175 How far down the path to free trade? The importance of rice price stabilization in developing Asia
by Dawe, David
- 177-207 Addressing food security in Africa via multiple livelihood strategies of women farmers
by Gladwin, Christina H. & Thomson, Anne M. & Peterson, Jennifer S. & Anderson, Andrea S.
February 2001, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-10 Fertilizer trade under market liberalization: preliminary evidence from Kenya
by Omamo, Steven Were & Mose, Lawrence O.
- 11-34 Could marine resources provide a short-term solution to declining fish supply in SADC inland countries? The case of horse mackerel
by Hara, Mafaniso Michael
- 35-48 Agriculture and ISO 14000
by Wall, Ellen & Weersink, Alfons & Swanton, Clarence
- 49-64 Targeting urban malnutrition: a multi-city analysis of the spatial distribution of childhood nutritional status
by Morris, Saul Sutkover
- 65-83 Food subsidies in Egypt: reform options, distribution and welfare
by Lofgren, Hans & El-Said, Moataz
- 85-95 Reconciling food-for-work project feasibility with food aid targeting in Tigray, Ethiopia
by Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Swinton, Scott M.
- 97-99 Food Security and Nutrition: The Global Challenge: Uwe Kracht and Manfred Schulz (editors), New York, St. Martin's Press, 1999
by Devereux, Stephen
- 99-103 Public Health and Nutrition: The Challenge: Kohler, Feichtinger, Dowler and Winkler, eds
by Milio, Nancy
- 103-105 Scaling Up, Scaling Down: Overcoming Malnutrition in Developing Countries: T.J. Marchione, (ed.) 1999, Gordon Breach Publishers, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
by Webb, Patrick
December 2000, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 629-635 Achieving food security in Central Asia -- current challenges and policy research needs
by Babu, Suresh & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 637-646 Prospects for food demand and supply in Central Asia
by Pandya-Lorch, Rajul & Rosegrant, Mark W.
- 647-660 Poverty, food security, and nutrition in Central Asia: a case study of the Kyrgyz Republic
by Babu, Suresh & Reidhead, William
- 661-679 Food policy research for improving the reform of agricultural input and output markets in Central Asia
by Goletti, Francesco & Chabot, Philippe
- 681-700 Trends in feed, livestock production, and rangelands during the transition period in three Central Asian countries
by Suleimenov, Mekhlis & Oram, Peter
- 701-717 Kazakhstan's wheat system: priorities, constraints, and future prospects
by Meng, Erika & Longmire, Jim & Moldashev, Altynbeck
- 719-732 Food policy reforms for sustainable agricultural development in Uzbekistan, the Kyrgyz Republic, and Tajikistan
by Tashmatov, A. & Aknazarov, F. & Juraev, A. & Khusanov, R. & Kadyrkulov, K. D. & Kalchayev, K. & Amirov, Bakhriddin
- 733-747 Agricultural policy reforms and food security in Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan
by Baydildina, Adilya & Akshinbay, Aynur & Bayetova, Manshuk & Mkrytichyan, Lado & Haliepesova, Anadjamal & Ataev, Djandurdy
October 2000, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 531-559 Impacts of food crop improvement research: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
by Maredia, Mywish K. & Byerlee, Derek & Pee, Peter
- 561-597 Global projections for root and tuber crops to the year 2020
by Scott, Gregory J. & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Ringler, Claudia
- 599-622 Neo-liberalism and its impact on overfishing and overcapitalisation in the marine fisheries of Chile, Mexico and Peru
by Ibarra, Alonso Aguilar & Reid, Chris & Thorpe, Andy
- 623-625 Our Continent, our Future: African Perspectives on Structural Adjustment: Thandika Mkandawire and Charles C. Soludo; Codesria, Dakar, IDRC, Ottawa, and Africa World Press, Trenton NJ and Asmara, 1999, pp. 176+xiv, ISBN 2-86978-074-5
by Lawrence, Peter
- 625-627 Food Security. Factors that Could Affect Progress Toward Meeting World Food Summit Goals: Report of Congressional Requesters; United States General Accounting Office, Washington, D.C., pp. 101, GAO/NSIAD-99-15, March 1999
by Shaw, D. J.
August 2000, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 389-409 Rural poverty in Latin America: Determinants and exit paths
by de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 411-428 Targeting public investments by agro-ecological zone to achieve growth and poverty alleviation goals in rural India
by Fan, Shenngen & Hazell, Peter & Haque, T.
- 429-445 Targeting poverty alleviation in priority setting for agricultural research
by Byerlee, Derek
- 447-462 Role of agricultural research in poverty reduction: lessons from the Asian experience
by Otsuka, Keijiro
- 463-478 Poverty, productivity and production environment:: a review of the evidence
by Renkow, Mitch
- 479-498 A downward spiral? Research evidence on the relationship between poverty and natural resource degradation
by Scherr, Sara J.
- 499-513 Public-private alliances in biotechnology: Can they narrow the knowledge gaps between rich and poor?
by Rausser, Gordon & Simon, Leo & Ameden, Holly
- 515-530 Reasonable expectations on the prospects for documenting the impact of agricultural research on poverty in ex-post case studies
by Walker, Thomas S.
June 2000, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 231-231 Preface
by Roe, Terry L.
- 233-241 The household:: the neglected link in research and programs for poverty alleviation
by Schuh, G. Edward
- 243-254 Asian economic crisis and the long-term global food situation
by Rosegrant, Mark W. & Ringler, Claudia
- 255-268 The new policy environment for food aid: the challenge of sub-Saharan Africa
by Christensen, Cheryl
- 269-282 Poverty and undernutrition in South Asia
by Srinivasan, T. N.
- 283-295 The macro dimensions of food security: economic growth, equitable distribution, and food price stability
by Timmer, C. Peter
- 297-315 Economic growth and world food insecurity: a parametric approach
by Shane, Mathew & Teigen, Lloyd & Gehlhar, Mark & Roe, Terry
- 317-335 The weak link between world food markets and world food security
by Paarlberg, Robert
- 337-350 Has world cereal market instability increased?
by Sarris, Alexander H.
- 351-364 Prices, wages and poverty in rural India: what lessons do the time series data hold for policy?
by Ravallion, Martin
- 365-378 A role for capital markets in natural disasters: a piece of the food security puzzle
by Skees, Jerry R.
April 2000, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 115-124 Charting change in official assistance to agriculture
by Trotter, Bruce & Gordon, Ann
- 125-141 Food policy research for developing countries: emerging issues and unfinished business
by Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 143-167 Many borrow, more save, and all insure: implications for food and micro-finance policy
by Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar
- 169-188 Welfare implications on Chilean agriculture as a result of collective action
by Ortiz, Jaime
- 189-209 World cereal price instability and a market based instrument for LDC food import risk management
by Sarris, Alexander H.
- 211-218 Experimental valuation of food safety: Application to sewage sludge
by Stenger, Anne
- 219-224 Ensuring Food Security in Egypt: Food Subsidy, Income Generation and Market Reform, Cairo Egypt, 25-26 May 1999
by McClafferty, Bonnie
- 225-229 Famine in Africa: Causes, Responses, and Prevention: Joachim von Braun, Tesfaye Teklu and Patrick Webb; Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1998, pp. 219, hardback
by Devereux, Stephen
- 229-230 Against the Grain: Biotechnology and the Corporate Takeover of your Food: Mark Lappe and Britt Bailey; Common Courage Press, Monroe, ME, USA, Earthscan Publications Ltd, London, 1998, ISBN 1-56751-150-3
by Pretty, Jules
February 2000, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-16 Inefficiencies in the UK milk quota system
by Colman, David
- 17-34 Impact of the 1996 US FAIR Act on the Common Agricultural Policy in the World Trade Organisation context: the decoupling issue
by Guyomard, Herve & Bureau, Jean-Christophe & Gohin, Alexandre & Le Mouel, Chantal
- 35-54 The trade-off between economic efficiency and food self-sufficiency in using Sudan's irrigated land resources
by Hassan, Rashid M. & Faki, Hamid & Byerlee, D.
- 55-67 Romanian wheat prices: is there a need for stabilisation?
by Hubbard, L. J. & Lingard, J. & Webster, J. P. G.
- 69-89 Organic production and ethical trade: definition, practice and links
by Browne, A. W. & Harris, P. J. C. & Hofny-Collins, A. H. & Pasiecznik, N. & Wallace, R. R.
- 91-103 Consumption patterns and food attitudes of a sample of 657 low-income people in France
by Roux, Cecile & Le Couedic, Philippe & Durand-Gasselin, Sabine & Luquet, Francois-Marie
- 105-109 Food and agricultural policies for the 21st century.: First World Congress of the World Agricultural Forum, St. Louis, Missouri, 23-25 May 1999
by Babu, Suresh
December 1999, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 589-603 Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues
by Henson, Spencer & Caswell, Julie
- 605-623 Benefits and costs of food safety regulation
by Antle, John M.
- 625-635 The economic implications of using HACCP as a food safety regulatory standard
by Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jensen, Helen H.
- 637-651 Food safety and product liability
by Buzby, Jean C. & Frenzen, Paul D.
- 653-668 Food safety regulation and trade in food products
by Hooker, Neal H.
- 669-683 Private incentives for adopting food safety and quality assurance
by Holleran, Erin & Bredahl, Maury E. & Zaibet, Lokman
- 685-706 Strategic responses to food safety legislation
by Loader, Rupert & Hobbs, Jill E.
October 1999, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 465-478 Effects of the CFA franc devaluation on urban food consumption in West Africa: overview and cross-country comparisons
by Diagana, Bocar & Akindes, Francis & Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Staatz, John
- 479-493 Food strategies of urban households in Cote d'Ivoire following the 1994 CFA franc devaluation
by Akindes, Francis
- 495-515 Household consumption responses to the franc CFA devaluation: evidence from urban Senegal
by Diagana, Bocar & Reardon, Thomas
- 517-534 Household consumption responses to the franc CFA devaluation: evidence from urban Mali
by Singare, Kassim & Reardon, Thomas & Camara, Youssouf & Wanzala, Mariah & Teme, Bino & Sanogo, Ousmane
- 535-551 Substitution between domestic and imported food in urban consumption in Burkina Faso:: assessing the impact of devaluation1
by Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Kazianga, Harounan
- 553-564 US consumers' perceptions of the importance of following the US dietary guidelines
by Nayga Jr., Rodolfo M. & Capps Jr., Oral
- 565-584 The status and prospects for genetically modified crops in Europe
by Franks, Jeremy R.
- 585-588 The Reform of the Common Agricultural Policy -- The Case of the MacSharry Reforms; A. Kay; CABI Publishing, 1998, pp. ix, 186, ISBN 0-851-99298-6, [UK pound]35. Agriculture and World Trade Liberalisation -- Socio-environmental Perspectives on the Common Agricultural Policy; M.R. Redclift, J.N. Lekakis and G.P. Zanias (Eds.); CABI Publishing 1999, pp. xi, 269, ISBN-0-851-99297-8, [UK pound]40
by Peters, G. H.
August 1999, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 349-355 Commercial R&D linkage with public agro-food institutions
by Barnes, A. P.
- 357-362 Attaining food security in Central Asia--emerging issues and challenges for policy research
by Babu, Suresh Chandra & Tashmatov, Alisher
- 363-390 Household food security in semi-arid Africa--the contribution of participatory adaptive research and development to rural livelihoods in Eastern Kenya
by Sutherland, A. J. & Irungu, J. W. & Kang'ara, J. & Muthamia, J. & Ouma, J.
- 391-409 Food aid targeting in Ethiopia: A study of who needs it and who gets it
by Clay, Daniel C. & Molla, Daniel & Habtewold, Debebe
- 411-429 Alternative food-security indicators: revisiting the frequency and severity of 'coping strategies'
by Maxwell, Daniel & Ahiadeke, Clement & Levin, Carol & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Zakariah, Sawudatu & Lamptey, Grace Mary
- 431-442 Economics of transgenic herbicide-tolerant canola: The case of western Canada
by Mayer, Holly & Furtan, W. H.
- 443-458 The cereal flour enrichment program in Venezuela: Some results during a decreasing food purchasing power stage
by Ablan de Florez, Elvira & Abreu Olivo, Edgar
May 1999, Volume 24, Issue 2-3
- 117-133 The gap between food intakes and the Pyramid recommendations: measurement and food system ramifications
by McNamara, Paul E. & Ranney, Christine K. & Kantor, Linda Scott & Krebs-Smith, Susan M.
- 135-144 Diet and health: new problems/new solutions1
by Bush, Laina M. & Williams, Richard A.
- 145-162 Economic evaluation of nutrition policy: Or, there's no such thing as a free lunch
by Kenkel, Donald S. & Manning, Willard
- 181-195 Agricultural commodity production and trade: a trade economist's view on filling US food supply gaps
by Abbott, Philip
- 197-209 Agriculture and dietary guidelines
by Duxbury, John M. & Welch, Ross M.
- 211-229 Agriculture and the environment: an economic perspective with implications for nutrition1
by Zilberman, David & Templeton, Scott R. & Khanna, Madhu
- 237-253 How can the US food system deliver food products consistent with the dietary guidelines?: Food marketing and retailing: an economist's view
by Kinsey, Jean & Bowland, Bradley
- 255-264 Food processing: a food scientist's perspective
by Smith, Robert E.