April 2000, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 143-167 Many borrow, more save, and all insure: implications for food and micro-finance policy
by Zeller, Manfred & Sharma, Manohar
- 169-188 Welfare implications on Chilean agriculture as a result of collective action
by Ortiz, Jaime
- 189-209 World cereal price instability and a market based instrument for LDC food import risk management
by Sarris, Alexander H.
- 211-218 Experimental valuation of food safety: Application to sewage sludge
by Stenger, Anne
- 219-224 Ensuring Food Security in Egypt: Food Subsidy, Income Generation and Market Reform, Cairo Egypt, 25-26 May 1999
by McClafferty, Bonnie
- 225-229 Famine in Africa: Causes, Responses, and Prevention: Joachim von Braun, Tesfaye Teklu and Patrick Webb; Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1998, pp. 219, hardback
by Devereux, Stephen
- 229-230 Against the Grain: Biotechnology and the Corporate Takeover of your Food: Mark Lappe and Britt Bailey; Common Courage Press, Monroe, ME, USA, Earthscan Publications Ltd, London, 1998, ISBN 1-56751-150-3
by Pretty, Jules
February 2000, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-16 Inefficiencies in the UK milk quota system
by Colman, David
- 17-34 Impact of the 1996 US FAIR Act on the Common Agricultural Policy in the World Trade Organisation context: the decoupling issue
by Guyomard, Herve & Bureau, Jean-Christophe & Gohin, Alexandre & Le Mouel, Chantal
- 35-54 The trade-off between economic efficiency and food self-sufficiency in using Sudan's irrigated land resources
by Hassan, Rashid M. & Faki, Hamid & Byerlee, D.
- 55-67 Romanian wheat prices: is there a need for stabilisation?
by Hubbard, L. J. & Lingard, J. & Webster, J. P. G.
- 69-89 Organic production and ethical trade: definition, practice and links
by Browne, A. W. & Harris, P. J. C. & Hofny-Collins, A. H. & Pasiecznik, N. & Wallace, R. R.
- 91-103 Consumption patterns and food attitudes of a sample of 657 low-income people in France
by Roux, Cecile & Le Couedic, Philippe & Durand-Gasselin, Sabine & Luquet, Francois-Marie
- 105-109 Food and agricultural policies for the 21st century.: First World Congress of the World Agricultural Forum, St. Louis, Missouri, 23-25 May 1999
by Babu, Suresh
December 1999, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 589-603 Food safety regulation: an overview of contemporary issues
by Henson, Spencer & Caswell, Julie
- 605-623 Benefits and costs of food safety regulation
by Antle, John M.
- 625-635 The economic implications of using HACCP as a food safety regulatory standard
by Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jensen, Helen H.
- 637-651 Food safety and product liability
by Buzby, Jean C. & Frenzen, Paul D.
- 653-668 Food safety regulation and trade in food products
by Hooker, Neal H.
- 669-683 Private incentives for adopting food safety and quality assurance
by Holleran, Erin & Bredahl, Maury E. & Zaibet, Lokman
- 685-706 Strategic responses to food safety legislation
by Loader, Rupert & Hobbs, Jill E.
October 1999, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 465-478 Effects of the CFA franc devaluation on urban food consumption in West Africa: overview and cross-country comparisons
by Diagana, Bocar & Akindes, Francis & Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Reardon, Thomas & Staatz, John
- 479-493 Food strategies of urban households in Cote d'Ivoire following the 1994 CFA franc devaluation
by Akindes, Francis
- 495-515 Household consumption responses to the franc CFA devaluation: evidence from urban Senegal
by Diagana, Bocar & Reardon, Thomas
- 517-534 Household consumption responses to the franc CFA devaluation: evidence from urban Mali
by Singare, Kassim & Reardon, Thomas & Camara, Youssouf & Wanzala, Mariah & Teme, Bino & Sanogo, Ousmane
- 535-551 Substitution between domestic and imported food in urban consumption in Burkina Faso:: assessing the impact of devaluation1
by Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Kazianga, Harounan
- 553-564 US consumers' perceptions of the importance of following the US dietary guidelines
by Nayga Jr., Rodolfo M. & Capps Jr., Oral
- 565-584 The status and prospects for genetically modified crops in Europe
by Franks, Jeremy R.
- 585-588 The Reform of the Common Agricultural Policy -- The Case of the MacSharry Reforms; A. Kay; CABI Publishing, 1998, pp. ix, 186, ISBN 0-851-99298-6, [UK pound]35. Agriculture and World Trade Liberalisation -- Socio-environmental Perspectives on the Common Agricultural Policy; M.R. Redclift, J.N. Lekakis and G.P. Zanias (Eds.); CABI Publishing 1999, pp. xi, 269, ISBN-0-851-99297-8, [UK pound]40
by Peters, G. H.
August 1999, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 349-355 Commercial R&D linkage with public agro-food institutions
by Barnes, A. P.
- 357-362 Attaining food security in Central Asia--emerging issues and challenges for policy research
by Babu, Suresh Chandra & Tashmatov, Alisher
- 363-390 Household food security in semi-arid Africa--the contribution of participatory adaptive research and development to rural livelihoods in Eastern Kenya
by Sutherland, A. J. & Irungu, J. W. & Kang'ara, J. & Muthamia, J. & Ouma, J.
- 391-409 Food aid targeting in Ethiopia: A study of who needs it and who gets it
by Clay, Daniel C. & Molla, Daniel & Habtewold, Debebe
- 411-429 Alternative food-security indicators: revisiting the frequency and severity of 'coping strategies'
by Maxwell, Daniel & Ahiadeke, Clement & Levin, Carol & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Zakariah, Sawudatu & Lamptey, Grace Mary
- 431-442 Economics of transgenic herbicide-tolerant canola: The case of western Canada
by Mayer, Holly & Furtan, W. H.
- 443-458 The cereal flour enrichment program in Venezuela: Some results during a decreasing food purchasing power stage
by Ablan de Florez, Elvira & Abreu Olivo, Edgar
May 1999, Volume 24, Issue 2-3
- 117-133 The gap between food intakes and the Pyramid recommendations: measurement and food system ramifications
by McNamara, Paul E. & Ranney, Christine K. & Kantor, Linda Scott & Krebs-Smith, Susan M.
- 135-144 Diet and health: new problems/new solutions1
by Bush, Laina M. & Williams, Richard A.
- 145-162 Economic evaluation of nutrition policy: Or, there's no such thing as a free lunch
by Kenkel, Donald S. & Manning, Willard
- 181-195 Agricultural commodity production and trade: a trade economist's view on filling US food supply gaps
by Abbott, Philip
- 197-209 Agriculture and dietary guidelines
by Duxbury, John M. & Welch, Ross M.
- 211-229 Agriculture and the environment: an economic perspective with implications for nutrition1
by Zilberman, David & Templeton, Scott R. & Khanna, Madhu
- 237-253 How can the US food system deliver food products consistent with the dietary guidelines?: Food marketing and retailing: an economist's view
by Kinsey, Jean & Bowland, Bradley
- 255-264 Food processing: a food scientist's perspective
by Smith, Robert E.
- 269-286 Economics, food choices, and nutrition
by Blaylock, James & Smallwood, David & Kassel, Kathleen & Variyam, Jay & Aldrich, Lorna
- 287-294 Factors affecting food decisions made by individual consumers
by Asp, Elaine H.
- 295-306 How government policies shape the food and nutrition information environment1
by Ippolito, Pauline M.
- 311-324 Public policy and the supply of food
by Collins, Keith
- 325-333 Public policy in nutrition: the US nutrition safety net--past, present and future
by Kennedy, Eileen
- 335-341 Public policy and healthy eating
by Michael McGinnis, J. & Meyers, Linda D.
February 1999, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 7-15 From 'food aid' to 'aid for food': into the 21st century
by Reutlinger, Shlomo
- 21-47 Agricultural credit problems and policies during the transition to a market economy in Central and Eastern Europe
by Swinnen, Johan F. M. & Gow, Hamish R.
- 71-91 Human milk supply in Australia
by Smith, Julie P.
- 93-108 Denmark's contribution to the world food programme: a success story
by Colding, Bjorg & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
December 1998, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 459-475 The food security challenge for southern Africa
by Duncan, Alex
- 477-490 Agricultural productivity and natural resource use in southern Africa
by Abalu, George & Hassan, Rashid
- 491-504 Towards regional food security in southern Africa: a (new) policy framework for the agricultural sector
by van Rooyen, Johan & Sigwele, Howard
- 505-518 Regional trade and food security in SADC1
by Maasdorp, Gavin
- 529-537 Zimbabwe's smallholder agriculture miracle
by Mabeza-Chimedza, Ruvimbo
- 539-551 The impact of market liberalisation on food security in Zambia
by Seshamani, V.
- 553-569 The impact of agricultural liberalisation on food security in Malawi
by Chilowa, Wycliffe
- 571-585 The development of food security policy for South Africa (SAFSP): a consultative process
by Makhura, Moraka T.
October 1998, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 329-345 How does the human rights perspective help to shape the food and nutrition policy research agenda?
by Haddad, Lawrence & Oshaug, Arne
- 347-356 Food safety issues and the BSE scare: some lessons from the French case
by Latouche, K. & Rainelli, P. & Vermersch, D.
- 357-369 Consumer concerns about nutritional attributes in a transition economy
by Moon, Wanki & Florkowski, Wojciech J. & A. Resurreccion, Anna V. & Paraskova, Pavlina & R. Beuchat, Larry & Jordanov, Jordan & Chinnan, Manjeet S.
- 371-381 Ecological principles in agricultural policy: but which principles?
by Wood, David
- 383-394 Policy initiatives for regional foods: some insights from consumer research
by Tregear, Angela & Kuznesof, Sharron & Moxey, Andrew
- 395-409 The European Union enlargement - the case of agriculture in Slovenia
by Erjavec, Emil & Rednak, Miroslav & Volk, Tina
- 411-424 Does urban agriculture help prevent malnutrition? Evidence from Kampala
by Maxwell, Daniel & Levin, Carol & Csete, Joanne
- 425-445 Can FAO's measure of chronic undernourishment be strengthened?
by Smith, Lisa C.
November 1998, Volume 23, Issue 3-4
- 215-230 Saucy with the Gods: nutrition and food security speak to poverty
by Maxwell, Simon
- 231-240 The beginning of the end or the end of the beginning for the BSE crisis?
by Caskie, Paul & Davis, John & Moss, Joan E.
- 241-261 Estimating the interactions between household food security and preschool diarrhea
by Haddad, Lawrence & Bhattarai, Saroj & Immink, Maarten & Kumar, Shubh
- 263-275 Food security and hedonic behaviour: a case study of Sao Tome e Principe
by de Carvalho, Bernardo R. P.
- 277-293 Climate change and dietary choices -- how can emissions of greenhouse gases from food consumption be reduced?
by Carlsson-Kanyama, Annika
- 295-304 The effects of data collection methods on calorie-expenditure elasticity estimates: a study from the Dominican Republic
by Ohri-Vachaspati, Punam & Lorge Rogers, Beatrice & Kennedy, Eileen & Goldberg, Jeanne P.
- 305-323 European agricultural policy and farm animal welfare
by Winter, M. & Fry, C. & Carruthers, S. P.
April 1998, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 131-142 Formal contracts in fresh produce markets
by Poole, Nigel D. & Del Campo Gomis, Francisco J. & Julia Igual, Juan F. & Vidal Gimenez, Fernando
- 143-154 Evaluation of small-scale aquaculture with intra-rural household trade as an alternative enterprise for limited resource farmers: the case of Rwanda
by Hishamunda, Nathanael & Jolly, Curtis M. & Engle, Carole R.
- 155-172 Economic development and the food question in Latin America
by Maluf, Renato S.
- 173-185 Dairy co-operatives and policy reform in Kenya: effects of livestock service and milk market liberalisation
by Owango, M. & J. Staal, S. & Kenyanjui, M. & Lukuyu, B. & Njubi, D. & Thorpe, W.
- 187-198 The poor impacts of the liberalisation of EU agricultural imports from central and eastern Europe: Failure of the preferences, or failure of the associated countries?1
by Duponcel, Marc
- 199-210 Effects of Egyptian economic reforms: the horticultural sector
by Pautsch, Gregory R. & Abdelrahman, Ali H.
February 1998, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 9-23 Food safety regulation and the firm: understanding the compliance process1
by Henson, Spencer & Heasman, Michael
- 25-40 Quality farm food in Europe: a possible alternative to the industrialised food market and to current agri-environmental policies: lessons from France
by Gilg, Andrew W. & Battershill, Martin
- 41-54 Processed food exports from developing countries: patterns and determinants
by Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Sen, Kunal
- 55-71 India's maize seed industry in transition: changing roles for the public and private sectors
by Morris, Michael L. & Singh, R. P. & Pal, Suresh
- 73-88 The potential for agricultural trade among Eastern and Southern African countries
by Weeks, John & Subasat, Turan
- 89-103 Wholesale food markets with 'Chinese characteristics'
by Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z. & Locke, Christopher G.
December 1997, Volume 22, Issue 6
- 475-486 Market based price support program: an alternative approach to large scale food procurement and distribution system
by Khan, M. Mahmud & Jamal, A. M. M.
- 487-500 The impact of the Uruguay Round on tariff escalation in agricultural products
by Lindland, Jostein
- 501-514 Globalisation of food quality standards: the impact in Greece
by Varzakas, Theodore & Jukes, David
- 515-531 Implementing the World Food Summit Plan of Action: organisational issues in multi-sectoral planning
by Maxwell, Simon
- 533-546 Rethinking aquaculture for resource-poor farmers: perspectives from Bangladesh
by Lewis, David
- 547-560 Rice production in Thailand seen through a policy analysis matrix
by Yao, Shujie
October 1997, Volume 22, Issue 5
- 379-392 Price stabilization, liberalization and food security: conflicts and resolutions?
by Smith, Lawrence D.
- 393-404 Fisheries, food security, and the poor
by Kent, George
- 405-417 Budgeting for food on a low income in the UK: the case of lone-parent families
by Dowler, Elizabeth
- 419-431 Rural taxation in Ethiopia, 1981-1989: a policy analysis matrix assessment for net producers and net consumers
by Winter-Nelson, Alex
- 433-446 Seed regulation: choices on the road to reform
by Tripp, Robert & Louwaars, Niels
- 447-458 Consumer response to maize market liberalization in urban Kenya
by Jayne, T. S. & Argwings-Kodhek, Gem
- 459-460 Book Review
- 460-461 Book Review
- 462-463 Book Review
- 463-465 Book Review
- 465-467 Book Review
- 467-468 Book Review
August 1997, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 281-288 Farm animal welfare and food policy
by Bennett, R. M.
- 289-306 The pattern of agricultural price distortions in Central and Eastern Europe
by Bojnec, Stefan & Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 307-316 Will promotion of coarse grain processing turn the tide for traditional cereals in the Sahel? Recent empirical evidence from Mali
by Boughton, Duncan & Reardon, Thomas
- 317-327 Promoting sustainable intensification and productivity growth in Sahel agriculture after macroeconomic policy reform
by Reardon, Thomas & Kelly, Valerie & Crawford, Eric & Diagana, Bocar & Dione, Josue & Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Boughton, Duncan
- 329-343 The restructured CAP and the periphery of the EU
by Baltas, Nicholas C.
- 345-358 Prospects for sustaining Vietnam's reacquired rice exporter status
by Pingali, Prabhu L. & Tri Khiem, Nguyen & Gerpacio, Roberta V. & Xuan, Vo-Tong
- 359-367 A note on quality differences and United States/Canadian wheat trade
by Uri, Noel D. & Douglas Beach, E.
- 369-371 Workshop on Food Security in the 21st Century, Rome, 11-12 November 1996
by Hopkins, Raymond F.
- 373-374 The World Food Summit, Rome, 13-17 November 1996
by Biswas, Margaret R.
- 375-376 Eating agendas: Food and nutrition as a social problem : edited by D. Maurer and J. Sobal Aldine de Gruyter, New York (1995)
by Draper, A. K.
- 376-377 Seasons and nutrition at the Kenya Coast : J. Hoorweg, D. Foeken and W. Klaver African Studies Centre, Research Series 7/1995, Avebury, Aldershot, xi + 144 pp, [UK pound]22.50 (1995)
by Longhurst, Richard
- 377-378 Environment, development, agriculture: Integrated policy through human ecology : B. Glaeser UCL Press, London, 174 pp, ISBN 1 85728 291 4 (1995)
by Batabyal, Amitrajeet A.
June 1997, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 191-200 China's past, present, and future food economy: can China continue to meet the challenges?
by Rozelle, Scott & Rosegrant, Mark W.
- 201-212 Institutional reforms and dynamics of agricultural growth in China
by Yifu Lin, Justin
- 213-228 Production and productivity growth in Chinese agriculture: new measurement and evidence
by Fan, Shenggen
- 229-251 Poverty, population and environmental degradation in China
by Rozelle, Scott & Huang, Jikun & Zhang, Linxiu
- 253-267 China's consumption of cereals and the capacity of the rest of the world to increase exports
by Alexandratos, Nikos
- 269-279 Feeding china: a confident view
by Paarlberg, Robert L.
April 1997, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 105-106 Changing pesticide policies: Introduction
by Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Pingali, Prabhu L. & Zilberman, David
- 107-118 Living with reduced insecticide use for tropical rice in Asia
by Pingali, Prabhu L. & Gerpacio, Roberta V.
- 119-132 Reducing pesticide risks to US food consumers: can agricultural research help?
by Kuchler, Fred & Ralston, Katherine & Unnevehr, Laurian J.
- 133-144 Financial incentives and pesticide use
by Zilberman, David & Millock, Katti
- 145-154 Export demand for attributes of Australian wheat in Asia and the Middle East
by Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z. & Stanmore, Roland G.
- 155-173 Liberalization and food price distributions: ARCH-M evidence from Madagascar
by Barrett, Christopher B.
- 175-184 Testing the effectiveness of government transfers for agricultural revenue stabilization: the case of the Western Canadian grain sector
by Love, Bruce & Boyd, Milton S. & Loyds, R. M. A. & Gibson, Ron
- 185-187 Growing food security: Challenging the link between pesticides and access to food : edited by Barbara Dinham and the Pesticides Trust/Pesticides Action Network (PAN) The Pesticides Trust/PAN, London, 1996
by Hubbell, Bryan J.
- 188-189 Agriculture on the road to industrialization : edited by John W. Mellor Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore and London, 358 + xvii pp, 1995
by Copestake, James G.
- 189-190 The foreign aid business. Economic assistance and development co-operation : Kunibert Raffer and H. W. Singer Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK and Broofield, USA, 236 pp, 1996
by Shaw, D. J.
February 1997, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-9 Rethinking training in food policy analysis: how relevant is it to policy reforms?
by Babu, Suresh Chandra
- 11-16 The creation of an agricultural free trade area in the CIS: arguments against following the CAP model
by Davis, Junior R.
- 17-38 Combating micronutrient deficiencies through vegetables--a neglected food frontier in Asia
by Ali, Mubarik & Tsou, Samson C. S.
- 39-62 Work intensity, gender and sustainable development
by Palmer-Jones, Richard & Jackson, Cecile
- 63-79 Processes and methods for research programme priority setting: the experience of the Kenya Agricultural Research Institute Wheat Programme
by Mills, Bradford F. & Karanja, Daniel D.
- 81-96 Food price policy in Sri Lanka
by Ellis, Frank & Senanayake, Piyadasa & Smith, Marisol
- 97-99 Public spending and the poor: Theory and evidence : edited by Dominique van de Walle and Kimberly Nead Published for the World Bank by John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore and London, xviii, 619 pp, (hbk) (1995)
by Fine, Ben
- 99-101 Famine early warning and response: The missing link : Margaret Buchanan-Smith and Susanna Davies Intermediate Technology Publications, 228 pp, ISBN 1 85339 291, (1995)
by Clay, Edward
- 101-103 World agriculture: Towards 2010 : (an FAO study) edited by Nikos Alexandratos FAO and John Wiley & Sons, 488 pp, (1995)
by Duncan, Alex
December 1996, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 479-496 Food demand studies in Sub-Saharan Africa: a survey of empirical evidence
by Teklu, T.
- 497-508 The disappearing budget constraint on EU agricultural policy
by Matthews, Alan
- 509-525 Fertilizers to support agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa: what is needed and why
by Larson, Bruce A. & Frisvold, George B.
- 527-539 The AMS in agricultural trade negotiations: a review
by Silvis, H. J. & van der Hamsvoort, C. P. C. M.
- 541-560 Economics of wheat production in Bangladesh
by Morris, Michael & Chowdhury, Nuimuddin & Meisner, Craig
- 561-567 Development economics and policy: a conference to celebrate the 85th birthday of H.W. Singer
by Shaw, D. J.
- 569-570 Food of the Future: the risks and realities of biotechnology
by Jarvis, S. & Harris, L.
1996, Volume 21, Issue 4-5
- 343-343 Acknowledgements
by Konandreas, Panos & Greenfield, Jim
- 345-350 Introduction : An overview of the issues
by Greenfield, Jim & Konandreas, Panos
- 351-363 An overview of assessments of the impact of the Uruguay Round on agricultural prices and incomes
by Sharma, Ramesh & Konandreas, Panos & Greenfield, Jim
- 365-375 The Uruguay round agreement on agriculture: food security implications for developing countries
by Greenfield, Jim & de Nigris, Maurizio & Konandreas, Panos
- 377-391 Implications of the Uruguay round on the world rice economy
by Yap, Chan Ling
- 393-407 Capping the CAP? Implementation of the Uruguay round agreement by the European union
by Swinbank, Alan
- 409-417 Potential erosion of trade preferences in agricultural products
by Yamazaki, Fumiko
- 419-431 The Uruguay round and agricultural policies in developing countries and economies in transition
by Valdes, Alberto & McCalla, Alex F.
- 433-446 Uruguay round commitments on domestic support: Their implications for developing countries
by Konandreas, Panos & Greenfield, Jim
- 447-460 A future food aid regime: Implications of final act of the Uruguay round
by Shaw, D. J. & Singer, H. W.
- 461-477 The next round: Game theory and public choice perspectives
by Vanzetti, David
July 1996, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 255-277 Past and potential impacts of maize research in sub-Saharan Africa: a critical assessment
by Byerlee, Derek & Heisey, Paul W.
- 279-290 Dietary fiber intake away-from-home and at-home in the United States
by Nayga, Rodolfo Jr
- 291-303 Measuring food insecurity: the frequency and severity of "coping strategies"
by Maxwell, Daniel G.
- 305-318 The impact of privatizing agricultural research in Great Britain: an interim report on PBI and ADAS
by Pray, Carl E.
- 319-336 Dairy products demand and marketing in Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania
by Mdoe, Ntengua & Wiggins, Steve
- 337-338 Survival in the Sahel. An ecological and developmental challenge : edited by K.M. Leisinger and K. Schmitt and the International Service for National Agricultural Research (ISNAR) ISNAR and Ciba-Geigy, The Hague, The Netherlands (1995)
by Ulbricht, Tilo
- 338-340 Historical dictionary of the international food agencies FAO, WFP, WFC, IFAD : Ross B. Talbot The Scarecrow Press, Inc., Metuchen, NJ, & London, 186 pp, ISBN 0-8108-2847-2 (1994)
by Kracht, Uwe
- 340-342 The food system : Geoff Tansey and Tony Worsley Earthscan Publications Ltd, London (1995)
by Gussow, Joan Dye
May 1996, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 155-170 Food security: a post-modern perspective
by Maxwell, Simon
- 171-187 Price determination and discovery in a 'de-regulated' milk market: perspectives on the price of UK milk
by Fearne, Andrew & Ray, Derek
- 189-209 Food aid and food markets: lessons from Mozambique
by Tschirley, David & Donovan, Cynthia & Weber, Michael T.
- 211-228 Pest management, the environment, and Japanese foreign assistance
by Tobin, Richard J.
- 229-241 Emerging issues confronting the renewable natural resources sector in sub-Saharan Africa
by Marter, A. & Gordon, A.
- 251-252 Feeding and greening the world: The role of international agricultural research : Derek Tribe CAB International, Oxford, UK, 288 pp, [UK pound]16.95 (1995)
by Ulbricht, Tilo
- 252-253 The economics of energy in agriculture : Chennat Gopalakrishan Avebury, Aldershot, 118 pp, [UK pound]32.50 (1994)
by Biswas, Margaret
March 1996, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 5-10 Human rights in nutrition and nutrition in human rights
by Florencio, Cecilia A.
- 11-16 Children's rights to adequate nutritious foods in the two Americas
by Cook, John T. & Brown, J. Larry
- 17-21 The right to food and the role of finance
by Spitz, Pierre
- 23-39 Human rights requirements to social and economic development
by Eide, Asbjorn
- 41-55 Nutrition and the convention on the rights of the child
by Jonsson, Urban
- 57-71 Nutrition, human rights and resources
by Robertson, Robert E.
- 73-82 Realizing the right to food and nutrition through public and private action : Two commentaries on Dreze's/Sen's book Hunger and Public Action in the context of food and nutrition rights
by Kracht, Uwe & Huq, Muzammel
- 83-102 The right to food in the post-Cold War era
by Marchione, Thomas J.
- 103-110 Promoting nutrition rights in Latin America
by Villareal, Maria Eugenia & Kent, George
- 111-121 The role of international NGOs in promoting nutrition rights
by Skogly, Sigrun I.
- 123-128 Rejoinder: the rights way to development A national human rights NGO speaks on donor aid policy
by Frankovits, Andre
- 129-138 Rejoinder: World alliance for nutrition and human rights
by WANAHR Secretariat
- 139-152 Human resource building for the promotion of nutrition rights A cross-disciplinary challenge
by Eide, Wenche Barth & Alfredsson, Gudmundur & Oshaug, Arne
December 1995, Volume 20, Issue 6
- 475-486 Food and nutrition policy in Malta
by Mizzi, Leonard
- 487-500 Policies and institutions in transition economies: a political economy perspective on the agri-food sector
by Brooks, Jonathan
- 501-518 Is the locus of poverty changing?
by Naylor, Rosamond L. & Falcon, Walter P.
- 521-528 The changing public role in services to agriculture: a framework for analysis
by Carney, Diana
- 529-536 The 'new public management' and the reform of public services to agriculture in adjusting economies: the role of contracting
by Hubbard, Michael
- 537-544 The changing public role in agricultural extension
by Farrington, John
- 545-550 The state's role in financing agricultural research
by Beynon, Jonathan
- 551-560 Food market reform: the changing role of the state
by Jones, Stephen
- 561-571 Malawi: reforming the state's role in agricultural marketing
by Smith, Lawrence D.
- 573-584 Kenya's Cereal Sector Reform Programme: managing the politics of reform
by Lewa, Peter M. & Hubbard, Michael