Viewpoint: Soda taxes – Four questions economists need to address
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Juarez Luna, 2016. "Ideology, swing voters, and taxation," EconoQuantum, Revista de Economia y Negocios, Universidad de Guadalajara, Centro Universitario de Ciencias Economico Administrativas, Departamento de Metodos Cuantitativos y Maestria en Economia., vol. 13(1), pages 7-28, Enero-Jun.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2012.301023_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Xiu & Kaiser, Harry M. & Rickard, Bradley J., 2015. "The impacts of inclusive and exclusive taxes on healthy eating: An experimental study," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 13-24.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2009.
"Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1145-1177, September.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2007. "Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 13330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Looney, Adam & Kroft, Kory & Chetty, Raj, 2009. "Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence," Scholarly Articles 9748525, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2009. "Salience and taxation: theory and evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- repec:taf:applec:v:48:y:2016:i:41:p:3976-3994 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:jda:journl:vol.51:year:2017:issue1:pp:33-47 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wada, Roy & Han, Euna & Powell, Lisa M., 2015. "Associations between soda prices and intake: Evidence from 24-h dietary recall data," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 54-60.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2015.302881_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Itf, 2017. "Local Governments and Ports," International Transport Forum Policy Papers 31, OECD Publishing.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:73:y:2017:i:c:p:88-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2008.151415_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicoletta Berardi & Patrick Sevestre & Marine Tépaut & Alexandre Vigneron, 2016.
"The impact of a ‘soda tax’ on prices: evidence from French micro data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(41), pages 3976-3994, September.
- Berardi, N. & Sevestre, P. & Tepaut, M. & Vigneron, A., 2012. "The impact of a `soda tax' on prices. Evidence from French micro data," Working papers 415, Banque de France.
- Nicoletta Berardi & Patrick Sevestre & Marine Tépaut & Alexandre Vigneron, 2016. "The impact of a ‘soda tax’ on prices: evidence from French micro data," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01440299, HAL.
- repec:wly:jpamgt:v:36:y:2017:i:2:p:303-326 is not listed on IDEAS
- Craig A. Gallet & John A. List, 2003. "Cigarette demand: a meta-analysis of elasticities," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(10), pages 821-835.
- repec:elg:eechap:15956_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yuqing Zheng & Edward W. McLaughlin & Harry M. Kaiser, 2013. "Taxing Food and Beverages: Theory, Evidence, and Policy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(3), pages 705-723.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:71:y:2017:i:c:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2016.303362_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesca Colantuoni & Christian Rojas, 2015. "The Impact Of Soda Sales Taxes On Consumption: Evidence From Scanner Data," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(4), pages 714-734, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boysen, O. & Bradford, H. & Urban, K. & Balie, J., 2018.
"Taxing Highly Processed Foods: Impacts on Obesity and Underweight in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia
275990, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Boysen, Ole & Bradford, Harvey & Boysen-Urban, Kirsten & Balie, Jean, 2018. "Taxing Highly Processed Foods: Impacts On Obesity And Underweight In Sub-Saharan Africa," 58th Annual Conference, Kiel, Germany, September 12-14, 2018 275849, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- Ole Boysen & Kirsten Boysen-Urban & Harvey Bradford & Jean Balié, 2018. "Taxing Highly Processed Foods - Impacts on Obesity and Underweight in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 201812, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
More about this item
KeywordsTax; Soda; Sugary drink; SSB; Effect; Economic impact;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:138-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.