Economics & Human Biology
2017, Volume 26, Issue C
- 1-12 The impact of spousal bereavement on subjective wellbeing: Evidence from the Taiwanese elderly population
by Tseng, Fu-Min & Petrie, Dennis & Leon-Gonzalez, Roberto
- 13-20 Height premium for job performance
by Kim, Tae Hyun & Han, Euna
- 21-29 Risk aversion and religious behaviour: Analysis using a sample of Danish twins
by Nielsen, Jytte Seested & Bech, Mickael & Christensen, Kaare & Kiil, Astrid & Hvidt, Niels Christian
- 30-41 Household food group expenditure patterns are associated with child anthropometry at ages 5, 8 and 12 years in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam
by Humphries, Debbie L. & Dearden, Kirk A. & Crookston, Benjamin T. & Woldehanna, Tassew & Penny, Mary E. & Behrman, Jere R.
- 42-50 Comparing the role of the height of men and women in the marriage market
by Yamamura, Eiji & Tsutsui, Yoshiro
- 51-60 Childhood obesity among the poor in Peru: Are there implications for cognitive outcomes?
by Wisniewski, Suzanne L.
- 61-69 A tall order: Small area mapping and modelling of adult height among Swiss male conscripts
by Panczak, Radoslaw & Moser, André & Held, Leonhard & Jones, Philip A. & Rühli, Frank J. & Staub, Kaspar
- 70-85 Investigating the poverty-obesity paradox in Europe
by Salmasi, Luca & Celidoni, Martina
- 86-95 Heterogeneity in predictive power of early childhood nutritional indicators for mid-childhood outcomes: Evidence from Vietnam
by Duc, Le Thuc & Behrman, Jere R.
- 96-111 Health and weight – gender-specific linkages under heterogeneity, interdependence and resilience factors
by Hübler, Olaf
- 112-125 Imperfect information on physical activity and caloric intake
by Harris, Matthew C.
- 126-136 The heights of French-Canadian convicts, 1780s–1820s
by Arsenault Morin, Alex & Geloso, Vincent & Kufenko, Vadim
- 137-143 The BMI values of the lower classes likely declined during the Great Depression
by Komlos, John & Carson, Scott
- 144-150 Obesity and its socioeconomic determinants in Iran
by Emamian, Mohammad Hassan & Fateh, Mansooreh & Hosseinpoor, Ahmad Reza & Alami, Ali & Fotouhi, Akbar
- 151-163 The contribution of urbanization to non-communicable diseases: Evidence from 173 countries from 1980 to 2008
by Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Rocco, Lorenzo & Suhrcke, Marc
- 164-173 Health and income inequalities in Europe: What is the role of circumstances?
by Pasqualini, M. & Lanari, D. & Minelli, L. & Pieroni, L. & Salmasi, L.
- 174-185 Social capital and cigarette smoking: New empirics featuring the Norwegian HUNT data
by Islam, M. Kamrul & Folland, Sherman & Kaarbøe, Oddvar M.
- 186-198 Long-run health consequences of air pollution: Evidence from Indonesia's forest fires of 1997
by Kim, Younoh & Knowles, Scott & Manley, James & Radoias, Vlad
2017, Volume 24, Issue C
- 1-17 Malaria ecology, child mortality & fertility
by McCord, Gordon C. & Conley, Dalton & Sachs, Jeffrey D.
- 18-29 Stature and long-term labor market outcomes: Evidence using Mendelian randomization
by Böckerman, Petri & Viinikainen, Jutta & Vainiomäki, Jari & Hintsanen, Mirka & Pitkänen, Niina & Lehtimäki, Terho & Pehkonen, Jaakko & Rovio, Suvi & Raitakari, Olli
- 30-42 Effects of state contraceptive insurance mandates
by Dills, Angela K. & Grecu, Anca M.
- 43-60 The effects of prenatal testosterone on wages: Evidence from Russia
by Nye, John V.C. & Bryukhanov, Maksym & Kochergina, Ekaterina & Orel, Ekaterina & Polyachenko, Sergiy & Yudkevich, Maria
- 61-73 Obesity: A major problem for Spanish minors
by Antelo, Manel & Magdalena, Pilar & Reboredo, Juan C.
- 74-79 Effects of drought on child health in Marsabit District, Northern Kenya
by Bauer, Jan M. & Mburu, Samuel
- 80-91 Hearing loss and disability exit: Measurement issues and coping strategies
by Christensen, Vibeke Tornhøj & Datta Gupta, Nabanita
- 92-103 Parental misclassification of child overweight/obese status: The role of parental education and parental weight status
by Cullinan, John & Cawley, John
- 104-110 The biological standard of living in pre-modern Korea: Determinants of height of militia recruits during the Chosŏn dynasty
by Jun, Seong Ho & Lewis, James B. & Schwekendiek, Daniel
- 111-124 The perils of climate change: In utero exposure to temperature variability and birth outcomes in the Andean region
by Molina, Oswaldo & Saldarriaga, Victor
- 125-139 Revisiting the relationship between wages and sleep duration: The role of insomnia
by Sedigh, Golnaz & Devlin, Rose Anne & Grenier, Gilles & Deri Armstrong, Catherine
- 140-152 The intergenerational transmission of body mass index across countries
by Dolton, Peter & Xiao, Mimi
- 153-163 Two worlds apart: Determinants of height in late 18th century central Mexico
by Dobado-González, Rafael & Garcia-Hiernaux, Alfredo
- 164-183 The effects of prospective mate quality on investments in healthy body weight among single women
by Harris, Matthew C. & Cronin, Christopher J.
- 185-193 Geographic determinants of individual obesity risk in Spain: A multilevel approach
by Raftopoulou, Athina
2016, Volume 23, Issue C
- 1-9 What women want in their sperm donor: A study of more than 1000 women’s sperm donor selections
by Whyte, Stephen & Torgler, Benno & Harrison, Keith L.
- 10-17 The obesity penalty in the labor market using longitudinal Canadian data
by Chu, Filmer & Ohinmaa, Arto
- 18-26 Individual health and the visibility of village economic inequality: Longitudinal evidence from native Amazonians in Bolivia
by Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Nica, Veronica & Zhang, Rebecca & Mensah, Irene C. & Godoy, Ricardo A.
- 27-45 Healthy(?), wealthy, and wise: Birth order and adult health
by Black, Sandra E. & Devereux, Paul J. & Salvanes, Kjell G.
- 46-62 Obesity and health-related decisions: An empirical model of the determinants of weight status across the transition from adolescence to young adulthood
by Morales, Leonardo Fabio & Gordon-Larsen, Penny & Guilkey, David
- 63-75 Climatic conditions and child height: Sex-specific vulnerability and the protective effects of sanitation and food markets in Nepal
by Mulmi, Prajula & Block, Steven A. & Shively, Gerald E. & Masters, William A.
- 76-83 Alcohol consumption by youth: Peers, parents, or prices?
by Ajilore, Olugbenga & Amialchuk, Aliaksandr & Egan, Keven
- 84-102 Maternal employment and childhood overweight in Germany
by Meyer, Sophie-Charlotte
- 103-120 Transgenerational effects of childhood conditions on third generation health and education outcomes
by van den Berg, Gerard J. & Pinger, Pia R.
- 121-133 Genes and the intergenerational transmission of BMI and obesity
by Classen, Timothy J. & Thompson, Owen
- 136-148 Intergenerational persistence of health: Do immigrants get healthier as they remain in the U.S. for more generations?
by Akbulut-Yuksel, Mevlude & Kugler, Adriana D.
- 149-163 Is treatment “intensity” associated with healthier lifestyle choices? An application of the dose response function
by Fichera, Eleonora & Emsley, Richard & Sutton, Matt
- 164-179 A cut above the rest? Private anthropometrics in marriage markets
by Wilson, Nicholas & Janicki, Martha
- 180-192 Labor market consequences of childhood onset type 1 diabetes
by Persson, Sofie & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Steen Carlsson, Katarina
- 193-208 The effect of military deployment on mental health
by Lyk-Jensen, Stéphanie Vincent & Weatherall, Cecilie Dohlmann & Jepsen, Peter Winning
- 209-225 Obesity and the labor market: A fresh look at the weight penalty
by Caliendo, Marco & Gehrsitz, Markus
- 226-234 Towards an anthropometric history of latin America in the second half of the twentieth century
by Challú, Amílcar E. & Silva-Castañeda, Sergio
- 235-245 Disease externalities and net nutrition: Evidence from changes in sanitation and child height in Cambodia, 2005–2010
by Vyas, Sangita & Kov, Phyrum & Smets, Susanna & Spears, Dean
- 246-262 Misfortunes never come singly: Structural change, multiple shocks and child malnutrition in rural Senegal
by Lazzaroni, Sara & Wagner, Natascha
- 263-282 Effectiveness of weight loss intervention in highly-motivated people
by Ouayogodé, Mariétou H.
2016, Volume 22, Issue C
- 1-13 Effects of food price shocks on child malnutrition: The Mozambican experience 2008/2009
by Arndt, Channing & Hussain, M. Azhar & Salvucci, Vincenzo & Østerdal, Lars Peter
- 14-23 Economic cycles and child mortality: A cross-national study of the least developed countries
by Pérez-Moreno, Salvador & Blanco-Arana, María C. & Bárcena-Martín, Elena
- 24-34 Beauty, body size and wages: Evidence from a unique data set
by Oreffice, Sonia & Quintana-Domeque, Climent
- 35-46 Migrants, health, and happiness: Evidence that health assessments travel with migrants and predict well-being
by Ljunge, Martin
- 47-64 Gender bias in nineteenth-century England: Evidence from factory children
by Horrell, Sara & Oxley, Deborah
- 65-81 Early life height and weight production functions with endogenous energy and protein inputs
by Puentes, Esteban & Wang, Fan & Behrman, Jere R. & Cunha, Flavio & Hoddinott, John & Maluccio, John A. & Adair, Linda S. & Borja, Judith B. & Martorell, Reynaldo & Stein, Aryeh D.
- 82-93 The incidence of calorie labeling on fast food choices: A comparison between stated preferences and actual choices
by Loureiro, Maria L. & Rahmani, Djamel
- 94-102 The self-medication hypothesis: Evidence from terrorism and cigarette accessibility
by Pesko, Michael F. & Baum, Christopher F.
- 103-116 Effects of the great recession on drugs consumption in Spain
by Martin Bassols, Nicolau & Vall Castelló, Judit
- 117-125 Body mass index and employment status: A new look
by Kinge, Jonas Minet
- 126-139 On the relationship between economic conditions around the time of birth and late life cognitive abilities: Evidence from Taiwan
by Chen, Wen-Yi
- 140-154 The biological standard of living in Suriname, c. 1870–1975
by de Beer, Hans
- 155-160 Height of Northern Jordanian middle-class adults, born 1960–1990 in the response to improving socio-economic conditions
by Abu Dalou, Ahmad Yosuf
- 161-176 Decomposing racial differences in adolescent smoking in the U.S
by Amin, Vikesh & Lhila, Aparna
- 177-189 How does social capital matter to the health status of older adults? Evidence from the China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Survey
by Liu, Gordon G. & Xue, Xindong & Yu, Chenxi & Wang, Yafeng
- 190-200 Orphanhood and fertility in young adults: Evidence from South Africa
by Bozzoli, Carlos G.
- 201-215 Effects of maternal depression on family food insecurity
by Noonan, Kelly & Corman, Hope & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 216-224 Disentangling effects of socioeconomic status on obesity: A cross-sectional study of the Spanish adult population
by Merino Ventosa, María & Urbanos-Garrido, Rosa M.firstname.lastname@example.org
2016, Volume 21, Issue C
- 1-16 What doesn't kill you makes you poorer: Adult wages and early-life mortality in India
by Lawson, Nicholas & Spears, Dean
- 17-32 What has driven the decline of infant mortality in Kenya in the 2000s?
by Demombynes, Gabriel & Trommlerová, Sofia Karina
- 33-55 Labour market participation after breast cancer for employees from the private and public sectors: Educational and sector gradients in the effect of cancer
by Kolodziejczyk, Christophe & Heinesen, Eskil
- 56-63 Stroke-attributable death among older persons during the great recession
by Falconi, April & Gemmill, Alison & Karasek, Deborah & Goodman, Julia & Anderson, Beth & Lee, Murray & Bellows, Benjamin & Catalano, Ralph
- 64-74 Middle school transition and body weight outcomes: Evidence from Arkansas Public Schoolchildren
by Zeng, Di & Thomsen, Michael R. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Rouse, Heather L.
- 75-83 Body mass index values of conscripts in the Polish lands under Prussian rule in the late 19th and early 20th centuries
by Liczbińska, Grażyna & Czapla, Zbigniew & Nowak, Oskar & Piontek, Janusz
- 84-89 Health and entrepreneurship in four Caribbean Basin countries
by Rietveld, Cornelius A. & Bailey, Henry & Hessels, Jolanda & van der Zwan, Peter
- 90-99 Biological costs of economic transition: Stress levels during the transition from communism to capitalism in Poland
by Lipowicz, Anna & Szklarska, Alicja & Mitas, Andrzej W.
- 100-109 The long-run effect of education on obesity in the US
by Kim, Young-Joo
- 110-121 Impact of the Fukushima nuclear accident on obesity of children in Japan (2008–2014)
by Yamamura, Eiji
- 122-136 Time discounting, present biases, and health-related behaviors: Evidence from Japan
by Kang, Myong-Il & Ikeda, Shinsuke
- 137-146 On the genetic bias of the quarter of birth instrument
by Rietveld, Cornelius A. & Webbink, Dinand
- 147-155 Family chaos and lack of mealtime planning is associated with food insecurity in low income households
by Fiese, Barbara H. & Gundersen, Craig & Koester, Brenda & Jones, Blake
- 156-166 Short- and long-run associations between birth weight and children's height
by Krishna, Aditi & Fink, Günther & Berkman, Lisa F. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 167-171 An adaptive significance of morning sickness? Trivers–Willard and Hyperemesis Gravidarum
by Almond, Douglas & Edlund, Lena & Joffe, Michael & Palme, Mårten
- 172-195 Major correlates of male height: A study of 105 countries
by Grasgruber, P. & Sebera, M. & Hrazdíra, E. & Cacek, J. & Kalina, T.
- 196-209 Labor market effects of intrauterine exposure to nutritional deficiency: Evidence from administrative data on Muslim immigrants in Denmark
by Schultz-Nielsen, Marie Louise & Tekin, Erdal & Greve, Jane
- 210-220 Secular growth trends among children in Beijing (1955–2010)
by Lu, Ruoran & Zeng, Xiaopeng & Duan, Jiali & Gao, Ting & Huo, Da & Zhou, Tao & Song, Yi & Deng, Ying & Guo, Xiuhua
- 221-240 Antiretroviral therapy and demand for HIV testing: Evidence from Zambia
by Wilson, Nicholas
2016, Volume 20, Issue C
- 1-13 The effect of smoking habit changes on body weight: Evidence from the UK
by Pieroni, Luca & Salmasi, Luca
- 14-25 A comparison of diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes patients and labor supply
by Minor, Travis & MacEwan, Joanna P.
- 26-41 Does obesity influence labour market outcomes among working-age adults? Evidence from Canadian longitudinal data
by Larose, Samantha L. & Kpelitse, Koffi A. & Campbell, M. Karen & Zaric, Gregory S. & Sarma, Sisira
- 42-54 Obesity, job satisfaction and disability at older ages in Europe
by Pagan, Ricardo & Haro, Carmen Ordóñez de & Sánchez, Carlos Rivas
- 55-69 Height and calories in early childhood
by Griffen, Andrew S.
- 70-89 Parents’ education and child body weight in France: The trajectory of the gradient in the early years
by Apouey, Bénédicte H. & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves
- 90-107 Lifecycle effects of a recession on health behaviors: Boom, bust, and recovery in Iceland
by Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
2015, Volume 19, Issue C
- 1-12 The dynamics of health and its determinants among the elderly in developing countries
by Kim, Younoh
- 13-26 Stature in 19th and early 20th century Copenhagen. A comparative study based on skeletal remains
by Jørkov, Marie Louise S.
- 27-44 Reporting error in weight and its implications for bias in economic models
by Cawley, John & Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Hammer, Mette & Wintfeld, Neil
- 45-50 Changes in weight, length, head circumference, and ponderal index at birth of healthy term newborns in nine cities in China during the period of rapid social development 1985–2005
by Zhang, Ya-qin & Li, Hui
- 51-61 The Tsimane’ Amazonian Panel Study (TAPS): Nine years (2002–2010) of annual data available to the public
by Leonard, William R. & Reyes-García, Victoria & Tanner, Susan & Rosinger, Asher & Schultz, Alan & Vadez, Vincent & Zhang, Rebecca & Godoy, Ricardo
- 62-74 Decomposing the effect of height on income in China: The role of market and political channels
by Yamamura, Eiji & Smyth, Russell & Zhang, Yan
- 75-89 ‘Mommy, I miss daddy’. The effect of family structure on children's health in Brazil
by Ayllón, Sara & Ferreira-Batista, Natalia N.
- 90-113 The intergenerational transmission of BMI in China
by Dolton, Peter & Xiao, Mimi
- 114-128 Inferring the economic standard of living and health from cohort height: Evidence from modern populations in developing countries
by Akachi, Yoko & Canning, David
- 129-137 Price elasticity of the demand for sugar sweetened beverages and soft drinks in Mexico
by Colchero, M.A. & Salgado, J.C. & Unar-Munguía, M. & Hernández-Ávila, M. & Rivera-Dommarco, J.A.
- 138-144 Trends and correlates of age at menarche in Colombia: Results from a nationally representative survey
by Jansen, Erica C. & Herrán, Oscar F. & Villamor, Eduardo
- 145-156 Education, gender, and state-level disparities in the health of older Indians: Evidence from biomarker data
by Lee, Jinkook & McGovern, Mark E. & Bloom, David E. & Arokiasamy, P. & Risbud, Arun & O’Brien, Jennifer & Kale, Varsha & Hu, Peifeng
- 157-169 Retirement and cognitive development in the Netherlands: Are the retired really inactive?
by de Grip, Andries & Dupuy, Arnaud & Jolles, Jelle & van Boxtel, Martin
- 170-183 Did the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act affect dietary intake of low-income individuals?
by Waehrer, Geetha & Deb, Partha & Decker, Sandra L.
- 184-203 Economic growth and the demand for dietary quality: Evidence from Russia during transition
by Burggraf, Christine & Teuber, Ramona & Brosig, Stephan & Glauben, Thomas
- 204-223 The impact of mothers’ earnings on health inputs and infant health
by Mocan, Naci & Raschke, Christian & Unel, Bulent
- 224-245 Early intervention and child physical health: Evidence from a Dublin-based randomized controlled trial
by Doyle, Orla & Fitzpatrick, Nick & Lovett, Judy & Rawdon, Caroline
- 246-257 Overweight trends among Polish schoolchildren before and after the transition from communism to capitalism
by Gomula, Aleksandra & Nowak-Szczepanska, Natalia & Danel, Dariusz P. & Koziel, Slawomir
- 258-264 Socioeconomic development and secular trend in height in China
by Zong, Xin-Nan & Li, Hui & Wu, Hua-Hong & Zhang, Ya-Qin
- 275-293 Adjusting body mass for measurement error with invalid validation data
by Courtemanche, Charles & Pinkston, Joshua C. & Stewart, Jay
2015, Volume 18, Issue C
- 1-12 Maternal pre-pregnancy BMI, gestational weight gain, and infant birth weight: A within-family analysis in the United States
by Yan, Ji
- 13-26 The gender health gap in China: A decomposition analysis
by Zhang, Hao & Bago d’Uva, Teresa & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 27-40 Intergenerational health consequences of the 1959–1961 Great Famine on children in rural China
by Li, Qiang & An, Lian
- 41-56 Evaluating the impact of a school-based health intervention using a randomized field experiment
by Greve, Jane & Heinesen, Eskil
- 57-73 A discrete latent factor model for smoking, cancer and mortality
by Howdon, Daniel & Jones, Andrew M.
- 74-84 The effects of cancer on older workers in the English labour market
by Candon, David
- 85-100 The impact of diabetes on employment in Mexico
by Seuring, Till & Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc
- 101-109 Growth and nutritional status of children from dysfunctional families with alcohol addicted parents in Poland
by Hanć, Tomasz & Czapla, Zbigniew & Szwed, Anita & Durda, Magdalena & Krotowska, Aleksandra & Cieślik, Joachim
- 110-124 The value of male height in the marriage market
by Sohn, Kitae
- 125-138 The decline in BMI among Japanese women after World War II
by Maruyama, Shiko & Nakamura, Sayaka
- 139-152 Peer effects on obesity in a sample of European children
by Gwozdz, Wencke & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Reisch, Lucia A. & Bammann, Karin & Eiben, Gabriele & Kourides, Yiannis & Kovács, Éva & Lauria, Fabio & Konstabel, Kenn & Santaliestra-Pasias, Alba M. & Vyncke, Krishna & Pigeot, Iris
- 153-159 Auspicious birth dates among Chinese in California
by Almond, Douglas & Chee, Christine Pal & Sviatschi, Maria Micaela & Zhong, Nan
2015, Volume 17, Issue C
- 1-15 Risk aversion, time preference and health production: Theory and empirical evidence from Cambodia
by Rieger, Matthias
- 16-28 Income deprivation and mental well-being: The role of non-cognitive skills
by Cuesta, Maite Blázquez & Budría, Santiago
- 29-41 The impact of non-economic damages caps on obstetrics: Incentives versus practice style
by Cotet-Grecu, Anca
- 42-58 Obesity and health expenditures: Evidence from Australia
by Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Johar, Meliyanni
- 59-74 The stature of the self-employed and its relation with earnings and satisfaction
by Rietveld, Cornelius A. & Hessels, Jolanda & van der Zwan, Peter
- 75-85 Impact of body mass on job quality
by Kim, Tae Hyun & Han, Euna
- 86-103 An information theory based framework for the measurement of population health
by Nesson, Erik T. & Robinson, Joshua J.
- 104-115 The role of physicians in promoting weight loss
by Berning, Joshua
- 116-128 Measuring obesity in the absence of a gold standard
by O’Neill, Donal
- 129-142 Structural social capital and health in Italy
by Fiorillo, Damiano & Sabatini, Fabio
- 143-156 Toward a quantitative theory of food consumption choices and body weight
by Buttet, Sebastien & Dolar, Veronika
- 157-176 Persistence in body mass index in a recent cohort of US children
by Millimet, Daniel L. & Tchernis, Rusty
- 177-189 Early life mortality and height in Indian states
by Coffey, Diane
- 190-201 Does health education affect BMI? Evidence from a school-based randomised-control trial
by Mora, Toni & Llargués, Esteve & Recasens, Assumpta
- 202-207 Differences in height by education among 371,105 Dutch military conscripts
by Huang, Ying & van Poppel, Frans & Lumey, L.H.
- 208-224 The Impact of Obesity on Consumer Bankruptcy
by Guettabi, Mouhcine & Munasib, Abdul
2015, Volume 16, Issue C
- 1-15 The height premium in Indonesia
by Sohn, Kitae
- 16-29 Height, aging and cognitive abilities across Europe
by Guven, Cahit & Lee, Wang-Sheng
- 30-44 Physical stature decline and the health status of the elderly population in England
by Fernihough, Alan & McGovern, Mark E.
- 45-59 Paid maternity leave and breastfeeding practice before and after California's implementation of the nation's first paid family leave program
by Huang, Rui & Yang, Muzhe
- 60-72 Decomposing socioeconomic inequalities in childhood obesity: Evidence from Ireland
by Walsh, Brendan & Cullinan, John
- 73-80 Daylight and absenteeism – Evidence from Norway
by Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut
- 81-99 Combat exposure and migraine headache: Evidence from exogenous deployment assignment
by Cesur, Resul & Sabia, Joseph J. & Tekin, Erdal
- 100-114 Trends in physical stature across socioeconomic groups of Chilean boys, 1880–1997
by Núñez, Javier & Pérez, Graciela
- 115-134 The income body weight gradients in the developing economy of China
by Tafreschi, Darjusch
- 135-145 Child health, its dynamic interaction with nutrition and health memory – Evidence from Senegal
by Rieger, Matthias & Wagner, Natascha
2014, Volume 15, Issue C
- 1-12 What money can buy: Family income and childhood obesity
by Jo, Young
- 13-22 Breastfeeding and child disability: A comparison of siblings from the United States
by Wehby, George L.
- 23-40 Decomposing race and gender differences in underweight and obesity in South Africa
by Averett, Susan L. & Stacey, Nicholas & Wang, Yang
- 41-46 Are people consistent when trading time for health?
by Oliver, Adam & Wolff, Jonathan
- 47-55 Association between obesity and prescribed medication use in England
by Kinge, Jonas Minet & Morris, Stephen
- 56-66 Are chronic diseases related to height? Results from the Portuguese National Health Interview Survey
by Perelman, Julian
- 67-80 Early-life environment and adult stature in Brazil: An analysis for cohorts born between 1950 and 1980
by de Oliveira, Victor Hugo & Quintana-Domeque, Climent
- 81-100 The role of nutrition and genetics as key determinants of the positive height trend
by Grasgruber, P. & Cacek, J. & Kalina, T. & Sebera, M.
- 101-119 Determinants of height and biological inequality in Mediterranean Spain, 1859–1967
by Ayuda, María-Isabel & Puche-Gil, Javier
- 120-128 Seasonality in birth defects, agricultural production and urban location
by McKinnish, Terra & Rees, Daniel I. & Langlois, Peter H.
- 129-139 Optimal screening for genetic diseases
by Nævdal, Eric
- 153-164 The effect of friend selection on social influences in obesity
by Trogdon, Justin G. & Allaire, Benjamin T.
- 165-186 Social capital and health: Evidence that ancestral trust promotes health among children of immigrants
by Ljunge, Martin
- 187-200 Fetal growth and neurobehavioral outcomes in childhood
by Chatterji, Pinka & Lahiri, Kajal & Kim, Dohyung
- 201-212 Financial hardship and obesity
by Averett, Susan L. & Smith, Julie K.
- 213-224 The effect of rising obesity on eligibility to serve in the U.S. public health service commissioned corps
by Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Cawley, John
2014, Volume 14, Issue C
- 1-21 The effect of physical activity on adult obesity: Evidence from the Canadian NPHS panel
by Sarma, Sisira & Zaric, Gregory S. & Campbell, M. Karen & Gilliland, Jason
- 22-32 Sleep behavior and unemployment conditions
by Antillón, Marina & Lauderdale, Diane S. & Mullahy, John
- 33-49 Macronutrients and obesity: Revisiting the calories in, calories out framework
by Riera-Crichton, Daniel & Tefft, Nathan
- 50-61 Child care choices, food intake, and children's obesity status in the United States
by Mandal, Bidisha & Powell, Lisa M.
- 62-78 Life cycle development of obesity and its determinants in six European countries
by Cavaco, Sandra & Eriksson, Tor & Skalli, Ali
- 79-91 The interplay between gender, race and weight status: Self perceptions and social consequences
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 92-102 Examining the temporal relationships between childhood obesity and asthma
by Green, Tiffany L.
- 103-108 Estimating male and female height inequality
by Blum, Matthias
- 109-127 Economic development, urbanization, technological change and overweight: What do we learn from 244 Demographic and Health Surveys?
by Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc
- 128-140 Spatial mobility and environmental effects on obesity
by Zhao, Zhenxiang & Kaestner, Robert & Xu, Xin
- 141-153 High frequency body mass measurement, feedback, and health behaviors
by Kooreman, Peter & Scherpenzeel, Annette
2014, Volume 13, Issue C
- 1-19 Was the economic crisis of 2008 good for Icelanders? Impact on health behaviors
by Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Ólafsdóttir, Þórhildur & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 20-33 The difference-in-difference method: Assessing the selection bias in the effects of neighborhood environment on health
by Grafova, Irina B. & Freedman, Vicki A. & Lurie, Nicole & Kumar, Rizie & Rogowski, Jeannette
- 34-45 How effective are public health departments at preventing mortality?
by Brown, Timothy Tyler
- 46-65 Education policies and health inequalities: Evidence from changes in the distribution of Body Mass Index in France, 1981–2003
by Etile, Fabrice
- 66-75 Income inequalities in unhealthy life styles in England and Spain
by Costa-Font, Joan & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores
- 76-84 Testosterone is associated with self-employment among Australian men
by Greene, Francis J. & Han, Liang & Martin, Sean & Zhang, Song & Wittert, Gary
- 85-98 Height, weight, and entry earnings of female graduates in Taiwan
by Tao, Hung-Lin
- 99-106 Mendelian randomization in health research: Using appropriate genetic variants and avoiding biased estimates
by Taylor, Amy E. & Davies, Neil M. & Ware, Jennifer J. & VanderWeele, Tyler & Smith, George Davey & Munafò, Marcus R.
- 107-127 The impact of pharmaceutical innovation on longevity and medical expenditure in France, 2000–2009
by Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 128-143 The dynamics of food, alcohol and cigarette consumption in Russia during transition
by Herzfeld, Thomas & Huffman, Sonya & Rizov, Marian
- 144-154 Interactive effects of in utero nutrition and genetic inheritance on cognition: New evidence using sibling comparisons
by Cook, C. Justin & Fletcher, Jason M.
- 155-164 A six decades long follow-up on body size in adolescents from Zagreb, Croatia (1951–2010)
by Zajc Petranović, Matea & Tomas, Željka & Smolej Narančić, Nina & Škarić-Jurić, Tatjana & Veček, Andrea & Miličić, Jasna
2014, Volume 12, Issue C
- 1-3 In memory of Robert William Fogel
by Steckel, Richard H.
- 4-19 Food prices and body fatness among youths
by Grossman, Michael & Tekin, Erdal & Wada, Roy
- 20-29 Regional differences in overweight rates: The case of Italian regions
by Brunello, Giorgio & Labartino, Giovanna
- 30-44 Obesity persistence and duration dependence: Evidence from a cohort of US adults (1985–2010)
by Daouli, Joan & Davillas, Apostolos & Demoussis, Michael & Giannakopoulos, Nicholas
- 45-55 The effect of school district nutrition policies on dietary intake and overweight: A synthetic control approach
by Bauhoff, Sebastian
- 56-66 Development of BMI values of German children and their healthcare costs
by Batscheider, Ariane & Rzehak, Peter & Teuner, Christina M. & Wolfenstetter, Silke B. & Leidl, Reiner & von Berg, Andrea & Berdel, Dietrich & Hoffmann, Barbara & Heinrich, Joachim