Economics & Human Biology
2015, Volume 17, Issue C
- 1-15 Risk aversion, time preference and health production: Theory and empirical evidence from Cambodia
by Rieger, Matthias
- 16-28 Income deprivation and mental well-being: The role of non-cognitive skills
by Cuesta, Maite Blázquez & Budría, Santiago
- 29-41 The impact of non-economic damages caps on obstetrics: Incentives versus practice style
by Cotet-Grecu, Anca
- 42-58 Obesity and health expenditures: Evidence from Australia
by Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Johar, Meliyanni
- 59-74 The stature of the self-employed and its relation with earnings and satisfaction
by Rietveld, Cornelius A. & Hessels, Jolanda & van der Zwan, Peter
- 75-85 Impact of body mass on job quality
by Kim, Tae Hyun & Han, Euna
- 86-103 An information theory based framework for the measurement of population health
by Nesson, Erik T. & Robinson, Joshua J.
- 104-115 The role of physicians in promoting weight loss
by Berning, Joshua
- 116-128 Measuring obesity in the absence of a gold standard
by O’Neill, Donal
- 129-142 Structural social capital and health in Italy
by Fiorillo, Damiano & Sabatini, Fabio
- 143-156 Toward a quantitative theory of food consumption choices and body weight
by Buttet, Sebastien & Dolar, Veronika
- 157-176 Persistence in body mass index in a recent cohort of US children
by Millimet, Daniel L. & Tchernis, Rusty
- 177-189 Early life mortality and height in Indian states
by Coffey, Diane
- 190-201 Does health education affect BMI? Evidence from a school-based randomised-control trial
by Mora, Toni & Llargués, Esteve & Recasens, Assumpta
- 202-207 Differences in height by education among 371,105 Dutch military conscripts
by Huang, Ying & van Poppel, Frans & Lumey, L.H.
- 208-224 The Impact of Obesity on Consumer Bankruptcy
by Guettabi, Mouhcine & Munasib, Abdul
2015, Volume 16, Issue C
- 1-15 The height premium in Indonesia
by Sohn, Kitae
- 16-29 Height, aging and cognitive abilities across Europe
by Guven, Cahit & Lee, Wang-Sheng
- 30-44 Physical stature decline and the health status of the elderly population in England
by Fernihough, Alan & McGovern, Mark E.
- 45-59 Paid maternity leave and breastfeeding practice before and after California's implementation of the nation's first paid family leave program
by Huang, Rui & Yang, Muzhe
- 60-72 Decomposing socioeconomic inequalities in childhood obesity: Evidence from Ireland
by Walsh, Brendan & Cullinan, John
- 73-80 Daylight and absenteeism – Evidence from Norway
by Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut
- 81-99 Combat exposure and migraine headache: Evidence from exogenous deployment assignment
by Cesur, Resul & Sabia, Joseph J. & Tekin, Erdal
- 100-114 Trends in physical stature across socioeconomic groups of Chilean boys, 1880–1997
by Núñez, Javier & Pérez, Graciela
- 115-134 The income body weight gradients in the developing economy of China
by Tafreschi, Darjusch
- 135-145 Child health, its dynamic interaction with nutrition and health memory – Evidence from Senegal
by Rieger, Matthias & Wagner, Natascha
2014, Volume 15, Issue C
- 1-12 What money can buy: Family income and childhood obesity
by Jo, Young
- 13-22 Breastfeeding and child disability: A comparison of siblings from the United States
by Wehby, George L.
- 23-40 Decomposing race and gender differences in underweight and obesity in South Africa
by Averett, Susan L. & Stacey, Nicholas & Wang, Yang
- 41-46 Are people consistent when trading time for health?
by Oliver, Adam & Wolff, Jonathan
- 47-55 Association between obesity and prescribed medication use in England
by Kinge, Jonas Minet & Morris, Stephen
- 56-66 Are chronic diseases related to height? Results from the Portuguese National Health Interview Survey
by Perelman, Julian
- 67-80 Early-life environment and adult stature in Brazil: An analysis for cohorts born between 1950 and 1980
by de Oliveira, Victor Hugo & Quintana-Domeque, Climent
- 81-100 The role of nutrition and genetics as key determinants of the positive height trend
by Grasgruber, P. & Cacek, J. & Kalina, T. & Sebera, M.
- 101-119 Determinants of height and biological inequality in Mediterranean Spain, 1859–1967
by Ayuda, María-Isabel & Puche-Gil, Javier
- 120-128 Seasonality in birth defects, agricultural production and urban location
by McKinnish, Terra & Rees, Daniel I. & Langlois, Peter H.
- 129-139 Optimal screening for genetic diseases
by Nævdal, Eric
- 153-164 The effect of friend selection on social influences in obesity
by Trogdon, Justin G. & Allaire, Benjamin T.
- 165-186 Social capital and health: Evidence that ancestral trust promotes health among children of immigrants
by Ljunge, Martin
- 187-200 Fetal growth and neurobehavioral outcomes in childhood
by Chatterji, Pinka & Lahiri, Kajal & Kim, Dohyung
- 201-212 Financial hardship and obesity
by Averett, Susan L. & Smith, Julie K.
- 213-224 The effect of rising obesity on eligibility to serve in the U.S. public health service commissioned corps
by Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Cawley, John
2014, Volume 14, Issue C
- 1-21 The effect of physical activity on adult obesity: Evidence from the Canadian NPHS panel
by Sarma, Sisira & Zaric, Gregory S. & Campbell, M. Karen & Gilliland, Jason
- 22-32 Sleep behavior and unemployment conditions
by Antillón, Marina & Lauderdale, Diane S. & Mullahy, John
- 33-49 Macronutrients and obesity: Revisiting the calories in, calories out framework
by Riera-Crichton, Daniel & Tefft, Nathan
- 50-61 Child care choices, food intake, and children's obesity status in the United States
by Mandal, Bidisha & Powell, Lisa M.
- 62-78 Life cycle development of obesity and its determinants in six European countries
by Cavaco, Sandra & Eriksson, Tor & Skalli, Ali
- 79-91 The interplay between gender, race and weight status: Self perceptions and social consequences
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 92-102 Examining the temporal relationships between childhood obesity and asthma
by Green, Tiffany L.
- 103-108 Estimating male and female height inequality
by Blum, Matthias
- 109-127 Economic development, urbanization, technological change and overweight: What do we learn from 244 Demographic and Health Surveys?
by Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc
- 128-140 Spatial mobility and environmental effects on obesity
by Zhao, Zhenxiang & Kaestner, Robert & Xu, Xin
- 141-153 High frequency body mass measurement, feedback, and health behaviors
by Kooreman, Peter & Scherpenzeel, Annette
2014, Volume 13, Issue C
- 1-19 Was the economic crisis of 2008 good for Icelanders? Impact on health behaviors
by Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Ólafsdóttir, Þórhildur & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 20-33 The difference-in-difference method: Assessing the selection bias in the effects of neighborhood environment on health
by Grafova, Irina B. & Freedman, Vicki A. & Lurie, Nicole & Kumar, Rizie & Rogowski, Jeannette
- 34-45 How effective are public health departments at preventing mortality?
by Brown, Timothy Tyler
- 46-65 Education policies and health inequalities: Evidence from changes in the distribution of Body Mass Index in France, 1981–2003
by Etile, Fabrice
- 66-75 Income inequalities in unhealthy life styles in England and Spain
by Costa-Font, Joan & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores
- 76-84 Testosterone is associated with self-employment among Australian men
by Greene, Francis J. & Han, Liang & Martin, Sean & Zhang, Song & Wittert, Gary
- 85-98 Height, weight, and entry earnings of female graduates in Taiwan
by Tao, Hung-Lin
- 99-106 Mendelian randomization in health research: Using appropriate genetic variants and avoiding biased estimates
by Taylor, Amy E. & Davies, Neil M. & Ware, Jennifer J. & VanderWeele, Tyler & Smith, George Davey & Munafò, Marcus R.
- 107-127 The impact of pharmaceutical innovation on longevity and medical expenditure in France, 2000–2009
by Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 128-143 The dynamics of food, alcohol and cigarette consumption in Russia during transition
by Herzfeld, Thomas & Huffman, Sonya & Rizov, Marian
- 144-154 Interactive effects of in utero nutrition and genetic inheritance on cognition: New evidence using sibling comparisons
by Cook, C. Justin & Fletcher, Jason M.
- 155-164 A six decades long follow-up on body size in adolescents from Zagreb, Croatia (1951–2010)
by Zajc Petranović, Matea & Tomas, Željka & Smolej Narančić, Nina & Škarić-Jurić, Tatjana & Veček, Andrea & Miličić, Jasna
2014, Volume 12, Issue C
- 1-3 In memory of Robert William Fogel
by Steckel, Richard H.
- 4-19 Food prices and body fatness among youths
by Grossman, Michael & Tekin, Erdal & Wada, Roy
- 20-29 Regional differences in overweight rates: The case of Italian regions
by Brunello, Giorgio & Labartino, Giovanna
- 30-44 Obesity persistence and duration dependence: Evidence from a cohort of US adults (1985–2010)
by Daouli, Joan & Davillas, Apostolos & Demoussis, Michael & Giannakopoulos, Nicholas
- 45-55 The effect of school district nutrition policies on dietary intake and overweight: A synthetic control approach
by Bauhoff, Sebastian
- 56-66 Development of BMI values of German children and their healthcare costs
by Batscheider, Ariane & Rzehak, Peter & Teuner, Christina M. & Wolfenstetter, Silke B. & Leidl, Reiner & von Berg, Andrea & Berdel, Dietrich & Hoffmann, Barbara & Heinrich, Joachim
- 67-82 Variation in the relationship between BMI and survival by socioeconomic status in Great Britain
by Kinge, Jonas Minet & Morris, Stephen
- 83-97 Intertemporal discounting as a risk factor for high BMI: Evidence from Australia, 2008
by Dodd, Mark C.
- 98-109 Obesogenic environmental influences on young adults: Evidence from college dormitory assignments
by Kapinos, Kandice A. & Yakusheva, Olga & Eisenberg, Daniel
- 110-119 The effect of fast-food restaurants on childhood obesity: A school level analysis
by Alviola, Pedro A. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Thomsen, Michael R. & Danforth, Diana & Smartt, James
- 120-131 Neighborhood socioeconomic status and BMI differences by immigrant and legal status: Evidence from Utah
by Wen, Ming & Maloney, Thomas N.
- 132-139 Weight perceptions, weight control and income: An analysis using British data
by Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace
- 140-152 Racial differences in the influence of female adolescents’ body size on dating and sex
by Ali, Mir M. & Rizzo, John A. & Amialchuk, Aliaksandr & Heiland, Frank
- 153-171 Personality disorders and body weight
by Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Xu, Haiyong & French, Michael T. & Ettner, Susan L.
2013, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 405-415 Bayesian modeling of the evolution of male height in 18th century Finland from incomplete data
by Penttinen, Antti & Moltchanova, Elena & Nummela, Ilkka
- 416-425 Anthropometric measurements by ethnicity in Colombia, 1965–1990
by Acosta, Karina & Meisel, Adolfo
- 426-432 Height in mid childhood and psychosocial competencies in late childhood: Evidence from four developing countries
by Dercon, Stefan & Sánchez, Alan
- 433-435 Wealthier Jews, taller Gentiles: Inequality of income and physical stature in fin-de-siècle Hungary
by Bolgár, Dániel
- 436-452 The influence of inequality on the standard of living: Worldwide anthropometric evidence from the 19th and 20th centuries
by Blum, Matthias
- 453-464 The biological standard of living and mortality in Central Italy at the beginning of the 19th century
by Coppola, Michela
- 465-473 Height, socioeconomic status and marriage in Italy around 1900
by Manfredini, Matteo & Breschi, Marco & Fornasin, Alessio & Seghieri, Chiara
- 474-487 Identifying the intergenerational effects of the 1959–1961 Chinese Great Leap Forward Famine on infant mortality
by Song, Shige
- 488-501 Stature, migration and human welfare in South China, 1850–1930
by Ward, W. Peter
- 502-514 In urban South Africa, 16 year old adolescents experience greater health equality than children
by Griffiths, Paula L. & Johnson, William & Cameron, Noël & Pettifor, John M. & Norris, Shane A.
- 515-521 The allometry of metabolism and stature: Worker fatigue and height in the Tanzanian labor market
by Price, Gregory N.
- 522-533 Body mass index, waist circumference and employment: Evidence from older Irish adults
by Mosca, Irene
- 534-544 An investigation into the effect of type I and type II diabetes duration on employment and wages
by Minor, Travis
- 545-550 The lunar cycle, sunspots and the frequency of births in Germany, 1920–1989
by Bauer, Thomas K. & Bender, Stefan & Heining, Jörg & Schmidt, Christoph M.
- 551-562 Stature, body mass, and brain size: A two-million-year odyssey
by Gallagher, Andrew
- 563-573 Dual burden households and intra-household nutritional inequality in Indonesia
by Roemling, Cornelia & Qaim, Matin
- 574-591 Can adherence to dietary guidelines address excess caloric intake? An empirical assessment for the UK
by Srinivasan, C.S.
2013, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 245-258 The height gap in 19th-century America: Net-nutritional advantage of the elite increased at the onset of modern economic growth
by Sunder, Marco
- 259-268 Pitirim A. Sorokin's early contributions to the development of anthropometric history
by Coclanis, Peter A.
- 269-280 Was what ail’d ya what kill’d ya?
by Fogel, Robert W. & Cain, Louis & Burton, Joseph & Bettenhausen, Brian
- 281-293 Fetal and infant origins of diabetes and ill health: Evidence from Puerto Rico's 1928 and 1932 hurricanes
by Sotomayor, Orlando
- 294-309 Urban–rural disparities of child health and nutritional status in China from 1989 to 2006
by Liu, Hong & Fang, Hai & Zhao, Zhong
- 310-325 Early education and health outcomes of a 2001 U.S. Birth Cohort
by Belfield, Clive R. & Kelly, Inas Rashad
- 326-336 Age trends in prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in Roma minority population of Croatia
by Zeljko, Hrvojka Marija & Škarić-Jurić, Tatjana & Narančić, Nina Smolej & Barešić, Ana & Tomas, Željka & Petranović, Matea Zajc & Miličić, Jasna & Salihović, Marijana Peričić & Janićijević, Branka
- 337-344 Absolute wealth and world region strongly predict overweight among women (ages 18–49) in 360 populations across 36 developing countries
by Hruschka, Daniel J. & Brewis, Alexandra A.
- 345-350 Intercontinental differences in overweight of adopted Koreans in the United States and Europe
by Ulijaszek, Stanley & Schwekendiek, Daniel
- 351-359 Associations of mortality with own height using son's height as an instrumental variable
by Carslake, David & Fraser, Abigail & Davey Smith, George & May, Margaret & Palmer, Tom & Sterne, Jonathan & Silventoinen, Karri & Tynelius, Per & Lawlor, Debbie A. & Rasmussen, Finn
- 360-370 The Jewish Advantage and Household Security: Life Expectancy among 19th Century Sephardim of Gibraltar
by Sawchuk, Lawrence A. & Tripp, Lianne & Melnychenko, Ulianna
- 371-381 Maternal bereavement: The heightened mortality of mothers after the death of a child
by Espinosa, Javier & Evans, William N.
- 382-390 Why pigs are important in Papua? Wealth, height and reproductive success among the Yali tribe of West Papua
by Sorokowski, Piotr & Sorokowska, Agnieszka & Danel, Dariusz P.
- 391-400 Sibling composition during childhood and adult blood pressure among native Amazonians in Bolivia
by Zeng, Wu & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Nyberg, Colleen & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Parida, Sabita & Zycherman, Ariela & Magvanjav, Oyunbileg & Reyes-García, Victoria & Tanner, Susan & Godoy, Ricardo
2013, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 121-133 Fat chance! Obesity and the transition from unemployment to employment
by Caliendo, Marco & Lee, Wang-Sheng
- 134-147 Fast food prices, obesity, and the minimum wage
by Cotti, Chad & Tefft, Nathan
- 148-163 Catching up from early nutritional deficits? Evidence from rural Ethiopia
by Outes, Ingo & Porter, Catherine
- 164-177 Combining insights from quantile and ordinal regression: Child malnutrition in Guatemala
by Sweeney, Stuart & Davenport, Frank & Grace, Kathryn
- 178-184 The association of adolescent socioeconomic position and adult height: Variation across racial/ethnic groups
by Richmond, Tracy K. & Walls, Courtney E. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 185-196 Associations between household income, height, and BMI in contemporary US schoolchildren
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 197-200 The association between adolescent height and student school satisfaction: Recent evidence from Catalonia
by Mora, Toni
- 201-205 Interpreting estimates of heritability – A note on the twin decomposition
by Stenberg, Anders
- 206-220 Crisis-induced depression, physical activity and dietary intake among young adults: Evidence from the 9/11 terrorist attacks
by Wang, Yang & Yang, Muzhe
- 221-226 The timing of sexual maturation among boys and girls in eastern Poland, 1980–2000: A rural–urban comparison
by Popławska, Helena & Wilczewski, Adam & Dmitruk, Agnieszka & Hołub, Wojciech
- 227-235 Adult obesity: Panel study from native Amazonians
by Zeng, Wu & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Jovel, Karla Rubio & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Nyberg, Colleen & Tanner, Susan & Reyes-García, Victoria & Leonard, William R. & Castaño, Juliana & Huanca, Tomás & McDade, Thomas W. & Godoy, Ricardo
- 236-244 Symmetry of the face in old age reflects childhood social status
by Hope, David & Bates, Timothy & Penke, Lars & Gow, Alan J. & Starr, John M. & Deary, Ian J.
2013, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-7 Immigrants’ acculturation and changes in Body Mass Index
by Iversen, Tor & Ma, Ching-to Albert & Meyer, Haakon E.
- 8-17 The association of obesity with the likelihood of arrest for young adults
by Kalist, David E. & Siahaan, Freddy
- 18-29 Effects of the built environment on childhood obesity: The case of urban recreational trails and crime
by Sandy, Robert & Tchernis, Rusty & Wilson, Jeffrey & Liu, Gilbert & Zhou, Xilin
- 30-41 The relationship between height and neighborhood context across racial/ethnic groups: A multi-level analysis of the 1999–2004 U.S. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
by Do, D. Phuong & Watkins, Daphne C. & Hiermeyer, Martin & Finch, Brian K.
- 42-55 The effect of low birth weight on height, weight and behavioral outcomes in the medium-run
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Deding, Mette & Lausten, Mette
- 56-68 Birthweight outcomes in Bolivia: The role of maternal height, ethnicity, and behavior
by Delajara, Marcelo & Wendelspiess Chávez Juárez, Florian
- 69-77 Ladies from Hell, Aberdeen Free Gardeners, and the Russian influenza: An anthropometric analysis of WWI-era Scottish soldiers and civilians
by Riggs, Paul & Cuff, Timothy
- 78-89 Indonesian regional welfare development, 1900–1990: New anthropometric evidence
by Foldvari, Peter & van Leeuwen, Bas & Marks, Daan & Gall, Jozsef
- 90-94 Body mass, wealth, and inequality in the 19th century: Joining the debate surrounding equality and health
by Carson, Scott Alan
- 95-107 Food prices and blood cholesterol
by Rahkovsky, Ilya & Gregory, Christian A.
- 108-112 Iron status, malaria parasite loads and food policies: Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
by Bhargava, Alok
2012, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 333-339 Within-family variation in obesity
by Price, Joseph & Swigert, Jeffrey
- 340-351 Parental employment, family routines and childhood obesity
by Anderson, Patricia M.
- 352-364 Maternal employment and childhood obesity: A search for mechanisms in time use data
by Cawley, John & Liu, Feng
- 365-374 Family mealtimes: A contextual approach to understanding childhood obesity
by Fiese, Barbara H. & Hammons, Amber & Grigsby-Toussaint, Diana
- 375-384 Obesity, family instability, and socioemotional health in adolescence
by Crosnoe, Robert
- 385-394 Adolescent obesity and life satisfaction: Perceptions of self, peers, family, and school
by Forste, Renata & Moore, Erin
- 395-404 The relationship between body mass index and unhealthy weight control behaviors among adolescents: The role of family and peer social support
by Vander Wal, Jillon S.
- 405-418 The effect of fat mass on educational attainment: Examining the sensitivity to different identification strategies
by von Hinke Kessler Scholder, Stephanie & Davey Smith, George & Lawlor, Debbie A. & Propper, Carol & Windmeijer, Frank
- 419-430 The psychological consequences of weight change trajectories: Evidence from quantitative and qualitative data
by Carr, Deborah & Jaffe, Karen
- 431-453 Marriage, gender and obesity in later life
by Wilson, Sven E.
2012, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 221-231 Undernutrition, subsequent risk of mortality and civil war in Burundi
by Verwimp, Philip
- 232-241 Socioeconomic disparities and the familial coexistence of child stunting and maternal overweight in guatemala
by Lee, Jounghee & Houser, Robert F. & Must, Aviva & de Fulladolsa, Patricia Palma & Bermudez, Odilia I.
- 242-255 Mental health and employment: The SAD story
by Tefft, Nathan
- 256-263 Weight and earnings among childbearing women in Metropolitan Cebu, Philippines (1983–2002)
by Colchero, M. Arantxa & Bishai, David
- 264-275 The evolution of adult height across Spanish regions, 1950–1980: A new source of data
by Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Bozzoli, Carlos & Bosch, Mariano
- 276-288 The health transition and biological living standards: Adult height and mortality in 20th-century Spain
by Spijker, Jeroen J.A. & Cámara, Antonio D. & Blanes, Amand
- 289-298 Height and subjective well-being in Italy
by Carrieri, Vincenzo & De Paola, Maria
- 299-309 Dairy products and physical stature: A systematic review and meta-analysis of controlled trials
by de Beer, Hans
- 310-317 Secular changes in the height of Polish schoolboys from 1955 to 1988
by Bielecki, Emily M. & Haas, Jere D. & Hulanicka, Barbara
- 318-328 Valuing mother and child health: The intrauterine environment
by Nastis, Stefanos A. & Crocker, Thomas D.
2012, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 113-126 Smoking and body weight: Evidence using genetic instruments
by Wehby, George L. & Murray, Jeffrey C. & Wilcox, Allen & Lie, Rolv T.
- 127-138 Future direct and indirect costs of obesity and the influence of gaining weight: Results from the MONICA/KORA cohort studies, 1995–2005
by Wolfenstetter, S.B.
- 139-146 The declining prevalence of overweight among Russian children: Income, diet, and physical activity behavior changes
by Jahns, Lisa & Adair, Linda & Mroz, Thomas & Popkin, Barry M.
- 147-153 Economic growth and obesity: An interesting relationship with world-wide implications
by Egger, Garry & Swinburn, Boyd & Amirul Islam, F.M.
- 154-173 Social inequality and the biological standard of living: An anthropometric analysis of Swiss conscription data, 1875–1950
by Schoch, Tobias & Staub, Kaspar & Pfister, Christian
- 174-188 Differences in nutritional outcomes between Brazilian white and black children
by Reis, Mauricio
- 189-209 The role of parental investments for cognitive and noncognitive skill formation—Evidence for the first 11 years of life
by Coneus, Katja & Laucht, Manfred & Reuß, Karsten
- 210-219 Height and cognitive achievement among Indian children
by Spears, Dean
2012, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-13 The effect of fast-food availability on fast-food consumption and obesity among rural residents: An analysis by race/ethnicity
by Dunn, Richard A. & Sharkey, Joseph R. & Horel, Scott
- 14-19 Body weight and wages: Evidence from Add Health
by Sabia, Joseph J. & Rees, Daniel I.
- 20-34 The influence of body weight on social network ties among adolescents
by Ali, Mir M. & Amialchuk, Aliaksandr & Rizzo, John A.
- 35-42 Obesity and diabetes, the built environment, and the ‘local’ food economy in the United States, 2007
by Salois, Matthew J.
- 43-53 Height and death in the Antebellum United States: A view through the lens of geographically weighted regression
by Yoo, Dongwoo
- 54-73 Climate variability and child height in rural Mexico
by Skoufias, Emmanuel & Vinha, Katja
- 74-88 Disability incidence and official health status transitions in Russia
by Becker, Charles M. & Merkuryeva, Irina S.
- 89-97 The intergenerational transmission of health in early childhood—Evidence from the German Socio-Economic Panel Study
by Coneus, Katja & Spiess, C. Katharina
- 98-111 Cognitive disparities, lead plumbing, and water chemistry: Prior exposure to water-borne lead and intelligence test scores among World War Two U.S. Army enlistees
by Ferrie, Joseph P. & Rolf, Karen & Troesken, Werner
2011, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 329-341 Measuring weight outcomes for obesity intervention strategies: The case of a sugar-sweetened beverage tax
by Lin, Biing-Hwan & Smith, Travis A. & Lee, Jonq-Ying & Hall, Kevin D.
- 342-355 Overweight and poor? On the relationship between income and the body mass index
by Jolliffe, Dean
- 356-363 Fat, muscles, and wages
by Bozoyan, Christiane & Wolbring, Tobias
- 364-380 Does access to fast food lead to super-sized pregnant women and whopper babies?
by Lhila, Aparna
- 381-392 Direct and indirect effects of body weight on adult wages
by Han, Euna & Norton, Edward C. & Powell, Lisa M.
- 393-406 Tall claims: Mortality selection and the height of children in India
by Alderman, Harold & Lokshin, Michael & Radyakin, Sergiy
- 407-418 Why does height matter for educational attainment? Evidence from German children
by Cinnirella, Francesco & Piopiunik, Marc & Winter, Joachim
- 419-437 Comparing population distributions from bin-aggregated sample data: An application to historical height data from France
by Duclos, Jean-Yves & Leblanc, Josée & Sahn, David E.
- 438-442 Edouard Mallet's early and almost forgotten study of the average height of Genevan conscripts in 1835
by Staub, Kaspar & Rühli, Frank J. & Bogin, Barry & Woitek, Ulrich & Pfister, Christian
- 443-451 Is population growth conducive to the sustainability of cooperation?
by Stark, Oded & Jakubek, Marcin
2011, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 221-233 Exposure to food advertising on television: Associations with children's fast food and soft drink consumption and obesity
by Andreyeva, Tatiana & Kelly, Inas Rashad & Harris, Jennifer L.
- 234-250 The trend of BMI values of US adults by deciles, birth cohorts 1882-1986 stratified by gender and ethnicity
by Komlos, John & Brabec, Marek
- 251-264 Early-life environment, height and BMI of young men in Italy
by Peracchi, Franco & Arcaleni, Emilia
- 265-271 Physical stature of men in eighteenth century Mexico: Evidence from Puebla
by Grajales-Porras, Agustín & López-Alonso, Moramay
- 272-276 Socio-economic status and z-score standardized height-for-age of U.S.-born children (ages 2-6)
by Finch, Brian Karl & Beck, Audrey N.
- 277-283 Anthropometric history of the French Revolution in the Province of Orleans
by Schubert, Hermann
- 284-301 Stature and robusticity during the agricultural transition: Evidence from the bioarchaeological record
by Mummert, Amanda & Esche, Emily & Robinson, Joshua & Armelagos, George J.
- 302-315 Relative weight-related costs of healthcare use by children--Results from the two German birth cohorts, GINI-plus and LISA-plus
by Breitfelder, Ariane & Wenig, Christina M. & Wolfenstetter, Silke B. & Rzehak, Peter & Menn, Petra & John, Jürgen & Leidl, Reiner & Bauer, Carl Peter & Koletzko, Sibylle & Röder, Stefan & Herbarth, Olf & von Berg, Andrea & Berdel, Dietrich & Krämer, Ursula & Schaaf, Beate & Wichmann, H.-Erich & Heinrich, Joachim
- 316-324 Willingness to pay for obesity prevention
by Fu, Tsu-Tan & Lin, Yih-Ming & Huang, Chung L.
- 325-328 Living Standards in Latin American History. Height, Welfare, and Development, 1750-2000, R.D. Salvatore, J.H. Coatsworth, A.E. Challú (Eds.), Harvard University Press and the David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Cambridge, Massachusetts, London (2010). 313 pp., by A.D. Cámara, ISBN: 978-0-674-05585-8
by Cámara, Antonio D.
2011, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 119-132 Peer effects and the Freshman 15: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Yakusheva, Olga & Kapinos, Kandice & Weiss, Marianne
- 133-147 How (much) do food prices contribute to obesity in Russia?
by Staudigel, Matthias
- 148-156 Do body weight and gender shape the work force? The case of Iceland
by Asgeirsdottir, Tinna Laufey
- 157-164 Height of female Americans in the 19th century and the antebellum puzzle
by Carson, Scott Alan
- 165-171 Upward and onward: High-society American women eluded the antebellum puzzle
by Sunder, Marco
- 172-183 Modeling the effects of physician emigration on human development
by Bhargava, Alok & Docquier, Frédéric & Moullan, Yasser
- 184-193 Patterns and trends of adult height in India in 2005-2006
by Perkins, Jessica M. & Khan, Kashif T. & Smith, George Davey & Subramanian, S.V.
- 194-202 Childhood circumstances and height among older adults in the United States
by Tucker-Seeley, Reginald D. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 203-210 The physical stature of Jewish men in Poland in the second half of the 19th century
by Kopczynski, Michal
- 211-219 Secular changes in the height of the inhabitants of Anatolia (Turkey) from the 10th millennium B.C. to the 20th century A.D
by Özer, Basak Koca & SagIr, Mehmet & Özer, Ismail