Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ehbiol. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622964 .
2018, Volume 30, Issue C
- 1-13 Why are women slimmer than men in developed countries?
by Maruyama, Shiko & Nakamura, Sayaka
- 14-23 Zika virus incidence, preventive and reproductive behaviors: Correlates from new survey data
by Quintana-Domeque, Climent & Carvalho, José Raimundo & de Oliveira, Victor Hugo
- 24-36 Sexual identity, same-same relationships, and health dynamics: New evidence from Australia
by Sabia, Joseph J. & Wooden, Mark & Nguyen, Thanh Tam
- 37-47 Smoking ban and health at birth: Evidence from Hungary
by Hajdu, Tamás & Hajdu, Gábor
- 48-58 “Do I look fat?” Self-perceived body weight and labor market outcomes
by Smith, Patricia K. & Zagorsky, Jay L.
- 59-68 The effects of in utero exposure to the 1918 influenza pandemic on family formation
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 69-83 The effect of prenatal exposure to Ramadan on children’s height
by Karimi, Seyed M. & Basu, Anirban
- 84-91 There is no such thing as a (gluten-)free lunch: Higher food prices and the cost for coeliac consumers
by Capacci, Sara & Leucci, Anna Caterina & Mazzocchi, Mario
- 92-103 The effect of unemployment insurance on alcohol use and abuse following job loss
by Lantis, Robert & Teahan, Brittany
- 104-118 The effects of school desegregation on infant health
by Shen, Menghan
- 119-129 Altruism in preventive health behavior: At-scale evidence from the HIV/AIDS pandemic
by Wilson, Nicholas
- 130-149 Parental human capital and child health at birth in India
by Ahsan, Md Nazmul & Maharaj, Riddhi
- 150-161 Household dairy production and child growth: Evidence from Bangladesh
by Choudhury, Samira & Headey, Derek D.
- 162-171 Economic downturns and infant health
by Alessie, Rob & Angelini, Viola & Mierau, Jochen O. & Viluma, Laura
- 172-181 The 2D:4D ratio does not always correlate with economic behavior: A field experiment with African-Americans
by Candelo, Natalia & Eckel, Catherine
2018, Volume 29, Issue C
- 1-16 Decision-making, financial risk aversion, and behavioral biases: The role of testosterone and stress
by Nofsinger, John R. & Patterson, Fernando M. & Shank, Corey A.
- 17-30 Health and health inequality during the great recession: Evidence from the PSID
by Wang, Huixia & Wang, Chenggang & Halliday, Timothy J.
- 31-41 Smoking and early retirement due to chronic disability
by Bengtsson, Tommy & Nilsson, Anton
- 42-55 Family size effects on childhood obesity: Evidence on the quantity-quality trade-off using the NLSY
by Dasgupta, Kabir & Solomon, Keisha T.
- 56-63 Childhood obesity in China: Does grandparents’ coresidence matter?
by He, Qinying & Li, Xun & Wang, Rui
- 64-75 Sex selection and health at birth among Indian immigrants
by González, Libertad
- 76-87 Ladies first: Female and male adult height in Switzerland, 1770–1930
by Koepke, Nikola & Floris, Joël & Pfister, Christian & Rühli, Frank J. & Staub, Kaspar
- 88-101 The educational impact of shocks in utero: Evidence from Rwanda
by Bundervoet, Tom & Fransen, Sonja
- 102-114 Hybrid marriages and phenotypic heterosis in offspring: Evidence from China
by Zhu, Chen & Zhang, Xiaohui & Zhao, Qiran & Chen, Qihui
- 115-121 Employment and weight status: The extreme case of body concern in South Korea
by Han, Seung-Yong & Brewis, Alexandra A. & SturtzSreetharan, Cindi
- 122-127 Craniofacial asymmetry as a marker of socioeconomic status among undocumented Mexican immigrants in the United States
by Weisensee, Katherine E. & Spradley, M. Katherine
- 128-137 Can we increase organ donation by reducing the disincentives? An experimental analysis
by Hawley, Zackary & Li, Danyang & Schnier, Kurt & Turgeon, Nicole
- 138-147 Smoking and local unemployment: Evidence from Germany
by Kaiser, Micha & Reutter, Mirjam & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Strohmaier, Kristina
- 148-167 Persisting patterns of human height? Regional differences in living standards in the Early Middle Ages
by Meinzer, Nicholas J.
- 168-178 Height in eighteenth-century Chilean men: Evidence from military records, 1730–1800s
by Llorca-Jaña, Manuel & Navarrete-Montalvo, Juan & Droller, Federico & Araya-Valenzuela, Roberto
- 179-188 Inequality in old age cognition across the world
by Olivera, Javier & Andreoli, Francesco & Leist, Anja K. & Chauvel, Louis
- 189-197 Why do very unattractive workers earn so much?
by Kanazawa, Satoshi & Hu, Shihao & Larere, Adrien
- 198-210 Public health and multiple-phase mortality decline: Evidence from industrializing Japan
by Ogasawara, Kota & Matsushita, Yukitoshi
- 211-220 Hungry children age faster
by Abeliansky, Ana Lucia & Strulik, Holger
2018, Volume 28, Issue C
- 1-13 The rise in obesity in Cuba from 2001 to 2010: An analysis of National Survey on Risk Factors and Chronic Diseases data
by Nie, Peng & Alfonso Leon, Alina & Díaz Sánchez, Maria Elena & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso
- 14-22 Food insecurity and child behavior problems in fragile families
by King, Christian
- 23-28 Age at menarche in Polish University students born before, during and after World War II: Economic effects
by Liczbińska, Grażyna & Czapla, Zbigniew & Piontek, Janusz & Malina, Robert M.
- 29-37 Macroeconomic conditions and health: Inspecting the transmission mechanism
by Colombo, Emilio & Rotondi, Valentina & Stanca, Luca
- 38-52 Do employers reward physical attractiveness in transition countries?
by Mavisakalyan, Astghik
- 53-66 Two by two, inch by inch: Height as an indicator of environmental conditions during childhood and its influence on earnings over the life cycle among twins
by Lång, Elisabeth & Nystedt, Paul
- 67-78 Fertility and the health of children in Indonesia
by Hatton, Timothy J. & Sparrow, Robert & Suryadarma, Daniel & van der Eng, Pierre
- 79-91 Does integrating AIDS treatment with food assistance affect labor supply? Evidence from Zambia
by Tirivayi, Nyasha & Groot, Wim
- 92-106 The intergenerational transmission of obesity: The role of time preferences and self-control
by Stoklosa, Michal & Shuval, Kerem & Drope, Jeffrey & Tchernis, Rusty & Pachucki, Mark & Yaroch, Amy & Harding, Matthew
- 107-118 Growth and maturity: A quantitative systematic review and network analysis in anthropometric history
by Galofré-Vilà, Gregori
- 119-131 The ‘healthy worker effect’: Do healthy people climb the occupational ladder?
by Costa-Font, Joan & Ljunge, Martin
- 132-145 Parental alcohol consumption and adult children's educational attainment
by Mangiavacchi, Lucia & Piccoli, Luca
- 146-159 The effect of social fathers on the cognitive skills of out-of-wedlock children in the U.S
by Chan, Kwok Ho & Fung, Ka Wai Terence
- 160-172 On the distributional and evolutionary nature of the obesity wage penalty
by Brown, Christian & Routon, P. Wesley
- 173-181 Revisiting the impact of macroeconomic conditions on health behaviours
by Di Pietro, Giorgio
2017, Volume 27, Issue PA
- 1-11 Business cycle impacts on substance use of adolescents: A multi-country analysis
by Paling, Thomas & Vall Castello, Judit
- 12-25 The association between socioeconomic status and adult fast-food consumption in the U.S
by Zagorsky, Jay L. & Smith, Patricia K.
- 26-32 Low expectations: Do teachers underestimate the ability of overweight children or the children of overweight mothers?
by Queally, Michelle & Doherty, Edel & Finucane, Francis M. & O’Neill, Ciaran
- 33-54 The structural relationship between early nutrition, cognitive skills and non-cognitive skills in four developing countries
by Sánchez, Alan
- 55-73 Colonialism and genetics of comparative development
by Riahi, Ideen
- 74-83 The Association between Height and Hypertension in Indonesia
by Sohn, Kitae
- 84-92 The impact of childhood overweight and obesity on healthcare utilisation
by Doherty, Edel & Queally, Michelle & Cullinan, John & Gillespie, Paddy
- 93-101 Estimating sibling spillovers in health: Evidence on symptoms
by Ho, Cheuk Yin
- 102-113 Performance of people with diabetes in the labor market: An empirical approach controlling for complications
by Rodríguez-Sánchez, Beatriz & Cantarero-Prieto, David
- 114-125 Childhood obesity and maternal education in Ireland
by Madden, David
- 126-136 Heterogeneity in the long term health effects of warfare
by Akbulut-Yuksel, Mevlude & Yuksel, Mutlu
- 137-153 Biological welfare and the commons: A natural experiment in the Alps, 1765–1845
by O’Grady, Trevor & Tagliapietra, Claudio
- 154-166 The dynamic effects of obesity on the wages of young workers
by Pinkston, Joshua C.
- 167-183 A compensating income variation approach to valuing 34 health conditions in Iceland
by Asgeirsdottir, Tinna Laufey & Birgisdottir, Kristin Helga & Ólafsdóttir, Thorhildur & Olafsson, Sigurdur Pall
- 184-197 Multidimensional human capital formation in a developing country: Health, cognition and locus of control in the Philippines
by Villa, Kira M.
- 198-222 You can be too thin (but not too tall): Social desirability bias in self-reports of weight and height
by Burke, Mary A. & Carman, Katherine G.
- 223-240 Body mass and wages: New evidence from quantile estimation
by Slade, Peter
- 241-247 Recessions and health revisited: New findings for working age adults
by Crost, Benjamin & Friedson, Andrew
- 248-260 Causal effects of HIV on employment status in low-income settings
by Ochalek, Jessica & Revill, Paul & van den Berg, Bernard
- 261-274 Economic analysis of the link between diet quality and health: Evidence from Kosovo
by Braha, Kushtrim & Cupák, Andrej & Pokrivčák, Ján & Qineti, Artan & Rizov, Marian
- 275-280 Association between infection burden and adult height
by Hedges, Dawson W. & Berrett, Andrew N. & Erickson, Lance D. & Brown, Bruce L. & Gale, Shawn D.
- 281-288 Cyclical unemployment and infant health
by Kaplan, Erin K. & Collins, Courtney A. & Tylavsky, Frances A.
2017, Volume 26, Issue C
- 1-12 The impact of spousal bereavement on subjective wellbeing: Evidence from the Taiwanese elderly population
by Tseng, Fu-Min & Petrie, Dennis & Leon-Gonzalez, Roberto
- 13-20 Height premium for job performance
by Kim, Tae Hyun & Han, Euna
- 21-29 Risk aversion and religious behaviour: Analysis using a sample of Danish twins
by Nielsen, Jytte Seested & Bech, Mickael & Christensen, Kaare & Kiil, Astrid & Hvidt, Niels Christian
- 30-41 Household food group expenditure patterns are associated with child anthropometry at ages 5, 8 and 12 years in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam
by Humphries, Debbie L. & Dearden, Kirk A. & Crookston, Benjamin T. & Woldehanna, Tassew & Penny, Mary E. & Behrman, Jere R.
- 42-50 Comparing the role of the height of men and women in the marriage market
by Yamamura, Eiji & Tsutsui, Yoshiro
- 51-60 Childhood obesity among the poor in Peru: Are there implications for cognitive outcomes?
by Wisniewski, Suzanne L.
- 61-69 A tall order: Small area mapping and modelling of adult height among Swiss male conscripts
by Panczak, Radoslaw & Moser, André & Held, Leonhard & Jones, Philip A. & Rühli, Frank J. & Staub, Kaspar
- 70-85 Investigating the poverty-obesity paradox in Europe
by Salmasi, Luca & Celidoni, Martina
- 86-95 Heterogeneity in predictive power of early childhood nutritional indicators for mid-childhood outcomes: Evidence from Vietnam
by Duc, Le Thuc & Behrman, Jere R.
- 96-111 Health and weight – gender-specific linkages under heterogeneity, interdependence and resilience factors
by Hübler, Olaf
- 112-125 Imperfect information on physical activity and caloric intake
by Harris, Matthew C.
- 126-136 The heights of French-Canadian convicts, 1780s–1820s
by Arsenault Morin, Alex & Geloso, Vincent & Kufenko, Vadim
- 137-143 The BMI values of the lower classes likely declined during the Great Depression
by Komlos, John & Carson, Scott
- 144-150 Obesity and its socioeconomic determinants in Iran
by Emamian, Mohammad Hassan & Fateh, Mansooreh & Hosseinpoor, Ahmad Reza & Alami, Ali & Fotouhi, Akbar
- 151-163 The contribution of urbanization to non-communicable diseases: Evidence from 173 countries from 1980 to 2008
by Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Rocco, Lorenzo & Suhrcke, Marc
- 164-173 Health and income inequalities in Europe: What is the role of circumstances?
by Pasqualini, M. & Lanari, D. & Minelli, L. & Pieroni, L. & Salmasi, L.
- 174-185 Social capital and cigarette smoking: New empirics featuring the Norwegian HUNT data
by Islam, M. Kamrul & Folland, Sherman & Kaarbøe, Oddvar M.
- 186-198 Long-run health consequences of air pollution: Evidence from Indonesia's forest fires of 1997
by Kim, Younoh & Knowles, Scott & Manley, James & Radoias, Vlad
2017, Volume 25, Issue C
- 1-2 Introduction to the special issue in honor of Nobel Laureate Angus Deaton on health in developed and developing countries
by Peracchi, Franco
- 3-8 Economics, human biology and inequality: A review of “puzzles” and recent contributions from a Deatonian perspective
by Baten, Joerg
- 9-32 Growing up in wartime: Evidence from the era of two world wars
by Havari, Enkelejda & Peracchi, Franco
- 33-51 Are publicly insured children less likely to be admitted to hospital than the privately insured (and does it matter)?
by Alexander, Diane & Currie, Janet
- 52-64 Height and cognition at work: Labor market productivity in a low income setting
by LaFave, Daniel & Thomas, Duncan
- 65-84 Child height and intergenerational transmission of health: Evidence from ethnic Indians in England
by Alacevich, Caterina & Tarozzi, Alessandro
- 85-98 Evaluating the role of income, state dependence and individual specific heterogeneity in the determination of subjective health assessments
by Fernández-Val, Iván & Savchenko, Yevgeniya & Vella, Francis
- 99-111 Do boys eat better than girls in India? Longitudinal evidence on dietary diversity and food consumption disparities among children and adolescents
by Aurino, Elisabetta
2017, Volume 24, Issue C
- 1-17 Malaria ecology, child mortality & fertility
by McCord, Gordon C. & Conley, Dalton & Sachs, Jeffrey D.
- 18-29 Stature and long-term labor market outcomes: Evidence using Mendelian randomization
by Böckerman, Petri & Viinikainen, Jutta & Vainiomäki, Jari & Hintsanen, Mirka & Pitkänen, Niina & Lehtimäki, Terho & Pehkonen, Jaakko & Rovio, Suvi & Raitakari, Olli
- 30-42 Effects of state contraceptive insurance mandates
by Dills, Angela K. & Grecu, Anca M.
- 43-60 The effects of prenatal testosterone on wages: Evidence from Russia
by Nye, John V.C. & Bryukhanov, Maksym & Kochergina, Ekaterina & Orel, Ekaterina & Polyachenko, Sergiy & Yudkevich, Maria
- 61-73 Obesity: A major problem for Spanish minors
by Antelo, Manel & Magdalena, Pilar & Reboredo, Juan C.
- 74-79 Effects of drought on child health in Marsabit District, Northern Kenya
by Bauer, Jan M. & Mburu, Samuel
- 80-91 Hearing loss and disability exit: Measurement issues and coping strategies
by Christensen, Vibeke Tornhøj & Datta Gupta, Nabanita
- 92-103 Parental misclassification of child overweight/obese status: The role of parental education and parental weight status
by Cullinan, John & Cawley, John
- 104-110 The biological standard of living in pre-modern Korea: Determinants of height of militia recruits during the Chosŏn dynasty
by Jun, Seong Ho & Lewis, James B. & Schwekendiek, Daniel
- 111-124 The perils of climate change: In utero exposure to temperature variability and birth outcomes in the Andean region
by Molina, Oswaldo & Saldarriaga, Victor
- 125-139 Revisiting the relationship between wages and sleep duration: The role of insomnia
by Sedigh, Golnaz & Devlin, Rose Anne & Grenier, Gilles & Deri Armstrong, Catherine
- 140-152 The intergenerational transmission of body mass index across countries
by Dolton, Peter & Xiao, Mimi
- 153-163 Two worlds apart: Determinants of height in late 18th century central Mexico
by Dobado-González, Rafael & Garcia-Hiernaux, Alfredo
- 164-183 The effects of prospective mate quality on investments in healthy body weight among single women
by Harris, Matthew C. & Cronin, Christopher J.
- 185-193 Geographic determinants of individual obesity risk in Spain: A multilevel approach
by Raftopoulou, Athina
2016, Volume 23, Issue C
- 1-9 What women want in their sperm donor: A study of more than 1000 women’s sperm donor selections
by Whyte, Stephen & Torgler, Benno & Harrison, Keith L.
- 10-17 The obesity penalty in the labor market using longitudinal Canadian data
by Chu, Filmer & Ohinmaa, Arto
- 18-26 Individual health and the visibility of village economic inequality: Longitudinal evidence from native Amazonians in Bolivia
by Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Nica, Veronica & Zhang, Rebecca & Mensah, Irene C. & Godoy, Ricardo A.
- 27-45 Healthy(?), wealthy, and wise: Birth order and adult health
by Black, Sandra E. & Devereux, Paul J. & Salvanes, Kjell G.
- 46-62 Obesity and health-related decisions: An empirical model of the determinants of weight status across the transition from adolescence to young adulthood
by Morales, Leonardo Fabio & Gordon-Larsen, Penny & Guilkey, David
- 63-75 Climatic conditions and child height: Sex-specific vulnerability and the protective effects of sanitation and food markets in Nepal
by Mulmi, Prajula & Block, Steven A. & Shively, Gerald E. & Masters, William A.
- 76-83 Alcohol consumption by youth: Peers, parents, or prices?
by Ajilore, Olugbenga & Amialchuk, Aliaksandr & Egan, Keven
- 84-102 Maternal employment and childhood overweight in Germany
by Meyer, Sophie-Charlotte
- 103-120 Transgenerational effects of childhood conditions on third generation health and education outcomes
by van den Berg, Gerard J. & Pinger, Pia R.
- 121-133 Genes and the intergenerational transmission of BMI and obesity
by Classen, Timothy J. & Thompson, Owen
- 136-148 Intergenerational persistence of health: Do immigrants get healthier as they remain in the U.S. for more generations?
by Akbulut-Yuksel, Mevlude & Kugler, Adriana D.
- 149-163 Is treatment “intensity” associated with healthier lifestyle choices? An application of the dose response function
by Fichera, Eleonora & Emsley, Richard & Sutton, Matt
- 164-179 A cut above the rest? Private anthropometrics in marriage markets
by Wilson, Nicholas & Janicki, Martha
- 180-192 Labor market consequences of childhood onset type 1 diabetes
by Persson, Sofie & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Steen Carlsson, Katarina
- 193-208 The effect of military deployment on mental health
by Lyk-Jensen, Stéphanie Vincent & Weatherall, Cecilie Dohlmann & Jepsen, Peter Winning
- 209-225 Obesity and the labor market: A fresh look at the weight penalty
by Caliendo, Marco & Gehrsitz, Markus
- 226-234 Towards an anthropometric history of latin America in the second half of the twentieth century
by Challú, Amílcar E. & Silva-Castañeda, Sergio
- 235-245 Disease externalities and net nutrition: Evidence from changes in sanitation and child height in Cambodia, 2005–2010
by Vyas, Sangita & Kov, Phyrum & Smets, Susanna & Spears, Dean
- 246-262 Misfortunes never come singly: Structural change, multiple shocks and child malnutrition in rural Senegal
by Lazzaroni, Sara & Wagner, Natascha
- 263-282 Effectiveness of weight loss intervention in highly-motivated people
by Ouayogodé, Mariétou H.
2016, Volume 22, Issue C
- 1-13 Effects of food price shocks on child malnutrition: The Mozambican experience 2008/2009
by Arndt, Channing & Hussain, M. Azhar & Salvucci, Vincenzo & Østerdal, Lars Peter
- 14-23 Economic cycles and child mortality: A cross-national study of the least developed countries
by Pérez-Moreno, Salvador & Blanco-Arana, María C. & Bárcena-Martín, Elena
- 24-34 Beauty, body size and wages: Evidence from a unique data set
by Oreffice, Sonia & Quintana-Domeque, Climent
- 35-46 Migrants, health, and happiness: Evidence that health assessments travel with migrants and predict well-being
by Ljunge, Martin
- 47-64 Gender bias in nineteenth-century England: Evidence from factory children
by Horrell, Sara & Oxley, Deborah
- 65-81 Early life height and weight production functions with endogenous energy and protein inputs
by Puentes, Esteban & Wang, Fan & Behrman, Jere R. & Cunha, Flavio & Hoddinott, John & Maluccio, John A. & Adair, Linda S. & Borja, Judith B. & Martorell, Reynaldo & Stein, Aryeh D.
- 82-93 The incidence of calorie labeling on fast food choices: A comparison between stated preferences and actual choices
by Loureiro, Maria L. & Rahmani, Djamel
- 94-102 The self-medication hypothesis: Evidence from terrorism and cigarette accessibility
by Pesko, Michael F. & Baum, Christopher F.
- 103-116 Effects of the great recession on drugs consumption in Spain
by Martin Bassols, Nicolau & Vall Castelló, Judit
- 117-125 Body mass index and employment status: A new look
by Kinge, Jonas Minet
- 126-139 On the relationship between economic conditions around the time of birth and late life cognitive abilities: Evidence from Taiwan
by Chen, Wen-Yi
- 140-154 The biological standard of living in Suriname, c. 1870–1975
by de Beer, Hans
- 155-160 Height of Northern Jordanian middle-class adults, born 1960–1990 in the response to improving socio-economic conditions
by Abu Dalou, Ahmad Yosuf
- 161-176 Decomposing racial differences in adolescent smoking in the U.S
by Amin, Vikesh & Lhila, Aparna
- 177-189 How does social capital matter to the health status of older adults? Evidence from the China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Survey
by Liu, Gordon G. & Xue, Xindong & Yu, Chenxi & Wang, Yafeng
- 190-200 Orphanhood and fertility in young adults: Evidence from South Africa
by Bozzoli, Carlos G.
- 201-215 Effects of maternal depression on family food insecurity
by Noonan, Kelly & Corman, Hope & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 216-224 Disentangling effects of socioeconomic status on obesity: A cross-sectional study of the Spanish adult population
by Merino Ventosa, María & Urbanos-Garrido, Rosa M.firstname.lastname@example.org
2016, Volume 21, Issue C
- 1-16 What doesn't kill you makes you poorer: Adult wages and early-life mortality in India
by Lawson, Nicholas & Spears, Dean
- 17-32 What has driven the decline of infant mortality in Kenya in the 2000s?
by Demombynes, Gabriel & Trommlerová, Sofia Karina
- 33-55 Labour market participation after breast cancer for employees from the private and public sectors: Educational and sector gradients in the effect of cancer
by Kolodziejczyk, Christophe & Heinesen, Eskil
- 56-63 Stroke-attributable death among older persons during the great recession
by Falconi, April & Gemmill, Alison & Karasek, Deborah & Goodman, Julia & Anderson, Beth & Lee, Murray & Bellows, Benjamin & Catalano, Ralph
- 64-74 Middle school transition and body weight outcomes: Evidence from Arkansas Public Schoolchildren
by Zeng, Di & Thomsen, Michael R. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Rouse, Heather L.
- 75-83 Body mass index values of conscripts in the Polish lands under Prussian rule in the late 19th and early 20th centuries
by Liczbińska, Grażyna & Czapla, Zbigniew & Nowak, Oskar & Piontek, Janusz
- 84-89 Health and entrepreneurship in four Caribbean Basin countries
by Rietveld, Cornelius A. & Bailey, Henry & Hessels, Jolanda & van der Zwan, Peter
- 90-99 Biological costs of economic transition: Stress levels during the transition from communism to capitalism in Poland
by Lipowicz, Anna & Szklarska, Alicja & Mitas, Andrzej W.
- 100-109 The long-run effect of education on obesity in the US
by Kim, Young-Joo
- 110-121 Impact of the Fukushima nuclear accident on obesity of children in Japan (2008–2014)
by Yamamura, Eiji
- 122-136 Time discounting, present biases, and health-related behaviors: Evidence from Japan
by Kang, Myong-Il & Ikeda, Shinsuke
- 137-146 On the genetic bias of the quarter of birth instrument
by Rietveld, Cornelius A. & Webbink, Dinand
- 147-155 Family chaos and lack of mealtime planning is associated with food insecurity in low income households
by Fiese, Barbara H. & Gundersen, Craig & Koester, Brenda & Jones, Blake
- 156-166 Short- and long-run associations between birth weight and children's height
by Krishna, Aditi & Fink, Günther & Berkman, Lisa F. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 167-171 An adaptive significance of morning sickness? Trivers–Willard and Hyperemesis Gravidarum
by Almond, Douglas & Edlund, Lena & Joffe, Michael & Palme, Mårten
- 172-195 Major correlates of male height: A study of 105 countries
by Grasgruber, P. & Sebera, M. & Hrazdíra, E. & Cacek, J. & Kalina, T.
- 196-209 Labor market effects of intrauterine exposure to nutritional deficiency: Evidence from administrative data on Muslim immigrants in Denmark
by Schultz-Nielsen, Marie Louise & Tekin, Erdal & Greve, Jane
- 210-220 Secular growth trends among children in Beijing (1955–2010)
by Lu, Ruoran & Zeng, Xiaopeng & Duan, Jiali & Gao, Ting & Huo, Da & Zhou, Tao & Song, Yi & Deng, Ying & Guo, Xiuhua
- 221-240 Antiretroviral therapy and demand for HIV testing: Evidence from Zambia
by Wilson, Nicholas
2016, Volume 20, Issue C
- 1-13 The effect of smoking habit changes on body weight: Evidence from the UK
by Pieroni, Luca & Salmasi, Luca
- 14-25 A comparison of diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes patients and labor supply
by Minor, Travis & MacEwan, Joanna P.
- 26-41 Does obesity influence labour market outcomes among working-age adults? Evidence from Canadian longitudinal data
by Larose, Samantha L. & Kpelitse, Koffi A. & Campbell, M. Karen & Zaric, Gregory S. & Sarma, Sisira
- 42-54 Obesity, job satisfaction and disability at older ages in Europe
by Pagan, Ricardo & Haro, Carmen Ordóñez de & Sánchez, Carlos Rivas
- 55-69 Height and calories in early childhood
by Griffen, Andrew S.
- 70-89 Parents’ education and child body weight in France: The trajectory of the gradient in the early years
by Apouey, Bénédicte H. & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves
- 90-107 Lifecycle effects of a recession on health behaviors: Boom, bust, and recovery in Iceland
by Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
2015, Volume 19, Issue C
- 1-12 The dynamics of health and its determinants among the elderly in developing countries
by Kim, Younoh
- 13-26 Stature in 19th and early 20th century Copenhagen. A comparative study based on skeletal remains
by Jørkov, Marie Louise S.
- 27-44 Reporting error in weight and its implications for bias in economic models
by Cawley, John & Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Hammer, Mette & Wintfeld, Neil
- 45-50 Changes in weight, length, head circumference, and ponderal index at birth of healthy term newborns in nine cities in China during the period of rapid social development 1985–2005
by Zhang, Ya-qin & Li, Hui
- 51-61 The Tsimane’ Amazonian Panel Study (TAPS): Nine years (2002–2010) of annual data available to the public
by Leonard, William R. & Reyes-García, Victoria & Tanner, Susan & Rosinger, Asher & Schultz, Alan & Vadez, Vincent & Zhang, Rebecca & Godoy, Ricardo
- 62-74 Decomposing the effect of height on income in China: The role of market and political channels
by Yamamura, Eiji & Smyth, Russell & Zhang, Yan
- 75-89 ‘Mommy, I miss daddy’. The effect of family structure on children's health in Brazil
by Ayllón, Sara & Ferreira-Batista, Natalia N.
- 90-113 The intergenerational transmission of BMI in China
by Dolton, Peter & Xiao, Mimi
- 114-128 Inferring the economic standard of living and health from cohort height: Evidence from modern populations in developing countries
by Akachi, Yoko & Canning, David
- 129-137 Price elasticity of the demand for sugar sweetened beverages and soft drinks in Mexico
by Colchero, M.A. & Salgado, J.C. & Unar-Munguía, M. & Hernández-Ávila, M. & Rivera-Dommarco, J.A.
- 138-144 Trends and correlates of age at menarche in Colombia: Results from a nationally representative survey
by Jansen, Erica C. & Herrán, Oscar F. & Villamor, Eduardo
- 145-156 Education, gender, and state-level disparities in the health of older Indians: Evidence from biomarker data
by Lee, Jinkook & McGovern, Mark E. & Bloom, David E. & Arokiasamy, P. & Risbud, Arun & O’Brien, Jennifer & Kale, Varsha & Hu, Peifeng
- 157-169 Retirement and cognitive development in the Netherlands: Are the retired really inactive?
by de Grip, Andries & Dupuy, Arnaud & Jolles, Jelle & van Boxtel, Martin
- 170-183 Did the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act affect dietary intake of low-income individuals?
by Waehrer, Geetha & Deb, Partha & Decker, Sandra L.
- 184-203 Economic growth and the demand for dietary quality: Evidence from Russia during transition
by Burggraf, Christine & Teuber, Ramona & Brosig, Stephan & Glauben, Thomas
- 204-223 The impact of mothers’ earnings on health inputs and infant health
by Mocan, Naci & Raschke, Christian & Unel, Bulent
- 224-245 Early intervention and child physical health: Evidence from a Dublin-based randomized controlled trial
by Doyle, Orla & Fitzpatrick, Nick & Lovett, Judy & Rawdon, Caroline
- 246-257 Overweight trends among Polish schoolchildren before and after the transition from communism to capitalism
by Gomula, Aleksandra & Nowak-Szczepanska, Natalia & Danel, Dariusz P. & Koziel, Slawomir
- 258-264 Socioeconomic development and secular trend in height in China
by Zong, Xin-Nan & Li, Hui & Wu, Hua-Hong & Zhang, Ya-Qin
- 275-293 Adjusting body mass for measurement error with invalid validation data
by Courtemanche, Charles & Pinkston, Joshua C. & Stewart, Jay
2015, Volume 18, Issue C
- 1-12 Maternal pre-pregnancy BMI, gestational weight gain, and infant birth weight: A within-family analysis in the United States
by Yan, Ji
- 13-26 The gender health gap in China: A decomposition analysis
by Zhang, Hao & Bago d’Uva, Teresa & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 27-40 Intergenerational health consequences of the 1959–1961 Great Famine on children in rural China
by Li, Qiang & An, Lian
- 41-56 Evaluating the impact of a school-based health intervention using a randomized field experiment
by Greve, Jane & Heinesen, Eskil