Economics & Human Biology
2016, Volume 21, Issue C
- 1-16 What doesn't kill you makes you poorer: Adult wages and early-life mortality in India
by Lawson, Nicholas & Spears, Dean
- 17-32 What has driven the decline of infant mortality in Kenya in the 2000s?
by Demombynes, Gabriel & Trommlerová, Sofia Karina
- 33-55 Labour market participation after breast cancer for employees from the private and public sectors: Educational and sector gradients in the effect of cancer
by Kolodziejczyk, Christophe & Heinesen, Eskil
- 56-63 Stroke-attributable death among older persons during the great recession
by Falconi, April & Gemmill, Alison & Karasek, Deborah & Goodman, Julia & Anderson, Beth & Lee, Murray & Bellows, Benjamin & Catalano, Ralph
- 64-74 Middle school transition and body weight outcomes: Evidence from Arkansas Public Schoolchildren
by Zeng, Di & Thomsen, Michael R. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Rouse, Heather L.
- 75-83 Body mass index values of conscripts in the Polish lands under Prussian rule in the late 19th and early 20th centuries
by Liczbińska, Grażyna & Czapla, Zbigniew & Nowak, Oskar & Piontek, Janusz
- 84-89 Health and entrepreneurship in four Caribbean Basin countries
by Rietveld, Cornelius A. & Bailey, Henry & Hessels, Jolanda & van der Zwan, Peter
- 90-99 Biological costs of economic transition: Stress levels during the transition from communism to capitalism in Poland
by Lipowicz, Anna & Szklarska, Alicja & Mitas, Andrzej W.
- 100-109 The long-run effect of education on obesity in the US
by Kim, Young-Joo
- 110-121 Impact of the Fukushima nuclear accident on obesity of children in Japan (2008–2014)
by Yamamura, Eiji
- 122-136 Time discounting, present biases, and health-related behaviors: Evidence from Japan
by Kang, Myong-Il & Ikeda, Shinsuke
- 137-146 On the genetic bias of the quarter of birth instrument
by Rietveld, Cornelius A. & Webbink, Dinand
- 147-155 Family chaos and lack of mealtime planning is associated with food insecurity in low income households
by Fiese, Barbara H. & Gundersen, Craig & Koester, Brenda & Jones, Blake
- 156-166 Short- and long-run associations between birth weight and children's height
by Krishna, Aditi & Fink, Günther & Berkman, Lisa F. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 167-171 An adaptive significance of morning sickness? Trivers–Willard and Hyperemesis Gravidarum
by Almond, Douglas & Edlund, Lena & Joffe, Michael & Palme, Mårten
- 172-195 Major correlates of male height: A study of 105 countries
by Grasgruber, P. & Sebera, M. & Hrazdíra, E. & Cacek, J. & Kalina, T.
- 196-209 Labor market effects of intrauterine exposure to nutritional deficiency: Evidence from administrative data on Muslim immigrants in Denmark
by Schultz-Nielsen, Marie Louise & Tekin, Erdal & Greve, Jane
- 210-220 Secular growth trends among children in Beijing (1955–2010)
by Lu, Ruoran & Zeng, Xiaopeng & Duan, Jiali & Gao, Ting & Huo, Da & Zhou, Tao & Song, Yi & Deng, Ying & Guo, Xiuhua
- 221-240 Antiretroviral therapy and demand for HIV testing: Evidence from Zambia
by Wilson, Nicholas
2016, Volume 20, Issue C
- 1-13 The effect of smoking habit changes on body weight: Evidence from the UK
by Pieroni, Luca & Salmasi, Luca
- 14-25 A comparison of diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes patients and labor supply
by Minor, Travis & MacEwan, Joanna P.
- 26-41 Does obesity influence labour market outcomes among working-age adults? Evidence from Canadian longitudinal data
by Larose, Samantha L. & Kpelitse, Koffi A. & Campbell, M. Karen & Zaric, Gregory S. & Sarma, Sisira
- 42-54 Obesity, job satisfaction and disability at older ages in Europe
by Pagan, Ricardo & Haro, Carmen Ordóñez de & Sánchez, Carlos Rivas
- 55-69 Height and calories in early childhood
by Griffen, Andrew S.
- 70-89 Parents’ education and child body weight in France: The trajectory of the gradient in the early years
by Apouey, Bénédicte H. & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves
- 90-107 Lifecycle effects of a recession on health behaviors: Boom, bust, and recovery in Iceland
by Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Reichman, Nancy E.
2015, Volume 19, Issue C
- 1-12 The dynamics of health and its determinants among the elderly in developing countries
by Kim, Younoh
- 13-26 Stature in 19th and early 20th century Copenhagen. A comparative study based on skeletal remains
by Jørkov, Marie Louise S.
- 27-44 Reporting error in weight and its implications for bias in economic models
by Cawley, John & Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Hammer, Mette & Wintfeld, Neil
- 45-50 Changes in weight, length, head circumference, and ponderal index at birth of healthy term newborns in nine cities in China during the period of rapid social development 1985–2005
by Zhang, Ya-qin & Li, Hui
- 51-61 The Tsimane’ Amazonian Panel Study (TAPS): Nine years (2002–2010) of annual data available to the public
by Leonard, William R. & Reyes-García, Victoria & Tanner, Susan & Rosinger, Asher & Schultz, Alan & Vadez, Vincent & Zhang, Rebecca & Godoy, Ricardo
- 62-74 Decomposing the effect of height on income in China: The role of market and political channels
by Yamamura, Eiji & Smyth, Russell & Zhang, Yan
- 75-89 ‘Mommy, I miss daddy’. The effect of family structure on children's health in Brazil
by Ayllón, Sara & Ferreira-Batista, Natalia N.
- 90-113 The intergenerational transmission of BMI in China
by Dolton, Peter & Xiao, Mimi
- 114-128 Inferring the economic standard of living and health from cohort height: Evidence from modern populations in developing countries
by Akachi, Yoko & Canning, David
- 129-137 Price elasticity of the demand for sugar sweetened beverages and soft drinks in Mexico
by Colchero, M.A. & Salgado, J.C. & Unar-Munguía, M. & Hernández-Ávila, M. & Rivera-Dommarco, J.A.
- 138-144 Trends and correlates of age at menarche in Colombia: Results from a nationally representative survey
by Jansen, Erica C. & Herrán, Oscar F. & Villamor, Eduardo
- 145-156 Education, gender, and state-level disparities in the health of older Indians: Evidence from biomarker data
by Lee, Jinkook & McGovern, Mark E. & Bloom, David E. & Arokiasamy, P. & Risbud, Arun & O’Brien, Jennifer & Kale, Varsha & Hu, Peifeng
- 157-169 Retirement and cognitive development in the Netherlands: Are the retired really inactive?
by de Grip, Andries & Dupuy, Arnaud & Jolles, Jelle & van Boxtel, Martin
- 170-183 Did the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act affect dietary intake of low-income individuals?
by Waehrer, Geetha & Deb, Partha & Decker, Sandra L.
- 184-203 Economic growth and the demand for dietary quality: Evidence from Russia during transition
by Burggraf, Christine & Teuber, Ramona & Brosig, Stephan & Glauben, Thomas
- 204-223 The impact of mothers’ earnings on health inputs and infant health
by Mocan, Naci & Raschke, Christian & Unel, Bulent
- 224-245 Early intervention and child physical health: Evidence from a Dublin-based randomized controlled trial
by Doyle, Orla & Fitzpatrick, Nick & Lovett, Judy & Rawdon, Caroline
- 246-257 Overweight trends among Polish schoolchildren before and after the transition from communism to capitalism
by Gomula, Aleksandra & Nowak-Szczepanska, Natalia & Danel, Dariusz P. & Koziel, Slawomir
- 258-264 Socioeconomic development and secular trend in height in China
by Zong, Xin-Nan & Li, Hui & Wu, Hua-Hong & Zhang, Ya-Qin
- 275-293 Adjusting body mass for measurement error with invalid validation data
by Courtemanche, Charles & Pinkston, Joshua C. & Stewart, Jay
2015, Volume 18, Issue C
- 1-12 Maternal pre-pregnancy BMI, gestational weight gain, and infant birth weight: A within-family analysis in the United States
by Yan, Ji
- 13-26 The gender health gap in China: A decomposition analysis
by Zhang, Hao & Bago d’Uva, Teresa & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 27-40 Intergenerational health consequences of the 1959–1961 Great Famine on children in rural China
by Li, Qiang & An, Lian
- 41-56 Evaluating the impact of a school-based health intervention using a randomized field experiment
by Greve, Jane & Heinesen, Eskil
- 57-73 A discrete latent factor model for smoking, cancer and mortality
by Howdon, Daniel & Jones, Andrew M.
- 74-84 The effects of cancer on older workers in the English labour market
by Candon, David
- 85-100 The impact of diabetes on employment in Mexico
by Seuring, Till & Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc
- 101-109 Growth and nutritional status of children from dysfunctional families with alcohol addicted parents in Poland
by Hanć, Tomasz & Czapla, Zbigniew & Szwed, Anita & Durda, Magdalena & Krotowska, Aleksandra & Cieślik, Joachim
- 110-124 The value of male height in the marriage market
by Sohn, Kitae
- 125-138 The decline in BMI among Japanese women after World War II
by Maruyama, Shiko & Nakamura, Sayaka
- 139-152 Peer effects on obesity in a sample of European children
by Gwozdz, Wencke & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Reisch, Lucia A. & Bammann, Karin & Eiben, Gabriele & Kourides, Yiannis & Kovács, Éva & Lauria, Fabio & Konstabel, Kenn & Santaliestra-Pasias, Alba M. & Vyncke, Krishna & Pigeot, Iris
- 153-159 Auspicious birth dates among Chinese in California
by Almond, Douglas & Chee, Christine Pal & Sviatschi, Maria Micaela & Zhong, Nan
2015, Volume 17, Issue C
- 1-15 Risk aversion, time preference and health production: Theory and empirical evidence from Cambodia
by Rieger, Matthias
- 16-28 Income deprivation and mental well-being: The role of non-cognitive skills
by Cuesta, Maite Blázquez & Budría, Santiago
- 29-41 The impact of non-economic damages caps on obstetrics: Incentives versus practice style
by Cotet-Grecu, Anca
- 42-58 Obesity and health expenditures: Evidence from Australia
by Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Johar, Meliyanni
- 59-74 The stature of the self-employed and its relation with earnings and satisfaction
by Rietveld, Cornelius A. & Hessels, Jolanda & van der Zwan, Peter
- 75-85 Impact of body mass on job quality
by Kim, Tae Hyun & Han, Euna
- 86-103 An information theory based framework for the measurement of population health
by Nesson, Erik T. & Robinson, Joshua J.
- 104-115 The role of physicians in promoting weight loss
by Berning, Joshua
- 116-128 Measuring obesity in the absence of a gold standard
by O’Neill, Donal
- 129-142 Structural social capital and health in Italy
by Fiorillo, Damiano & Sabatini, Fabio
- 143-156 Toward a quantitative theory of food consumption choices and body weight
by Buttet, Sebastien & Dolar, Veronika
- 157-176 Persistence in body mass index in a recent cohort of US children
by Millimet, Daniel L. & Tchernis, Rusty
- 177-189 Early life mortality and height in Indian states
by Coffey, Diane
- 190-201 Does health education affect BMI? Evidence from a school-based randomised-control trial
by Mora, Toni & Llargués, Esteve & Recasens, Assumpta
- 202-207 Differences in height by education among 371,105 Dutch military conscripts
by Huang, Ying & van Poppel, Frans & Lumey, L.H.
- 208-224 The Impact of Obesity on Consumer Bankruptcy
by Guettabi, Mouhcine & Munasib, Abdul
2015, Volume 16, Issue C
- 1-15 The height premium in Indonesia
by Sohn, Kitae
- 16-29 Height, aging and cognitive abilities across Europe
by Guven, Cahit & Lee, Wang-Sheng
- 30-44 Physical stature decline and the health status of the elderly population in England
by Fernihough, Alan & McGovern, Mark E.
- 45-59 Paid maternity leave and breastfeeding practice before and after California's implementation of the nation's first paid family leave program
by Huang, Rui & Yang, Muzhe
- 60-72 Decomposing socioeconomic inequalities in childhood obesity: Evidence from Ireland
by Walsh, Brendan & Cullinan, John
- 73-80 Daylight and absenteeism – Evidence from Norway
by Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut
- 81-99 Combat exposure and migraine headache: Evidence from exogenous deployment assignment
by Cesur, Resul & Sabia, Joseph J. & Tekin, Erdal
- 100-114 Trends in physical stature across socioeconomic groups of Chilean boys, 1880–1997
by Núñez, Javier & Pérez, Graciela
- 115-134 The income body weight gradients in the developing economy of China
by Tafreschi, Darjusch
- 135-145 Child health, its dynamic interaction with nutrition and health memory – Evidence from Senegal
by Rieger, Matthias & Wagner, Natascha
2014, Volume 15, Issue C
- 1-12 What money can buy: Family income and childhood obesity
by Jo, Young
- 13-22 Breastfeeding and child disability: A comparison of siblings from the United States
by Wehby, George L.
- 23-40 Decomposing race and gender differences in underweight and obesity in South Africa
by Averett, Susan L. & Stacey, Nicholas & Wang, Yang
- 41-46 Are people consistent when trading time for health?
by Oliver, Adam & Wolff, Jonathan
- 47-55 Association between obesity and prescribed medication use in England
by Kinge, Jonas Minet & Morris, Stephen
- 56-66 Are chronic diseases related to height? Results from the Portuguese National Health Interview Survey
by Perelman, Julian
- 67-80 Early-life environment and adult stature in Brazil: An analysis for cohorts born between 1950 and 1980
by de Oliveira, Victor Hugo & Quintana-Domeque, Climent
- 81-100 The role of nutrition and genetics as key determinants of the positive height trend
by Grasgruber, P. & Cacek, J. & Kalina, T. & Sebera, M.
- 101-119 Determinants of height and biological inequality in Mediterranean Spain, 1859–1967
by Ayuda, María-Isabel & Puche-Gil, Javier
- 120-128 Seasonality in birth defects, agricultural production and urban location
by McKinnish, Terra & Rees, Daniel I. & Langlois, Peter H.
- 129-139 Optimal screening for genetic diseases
by Nævdal, Eric
- 153-164 The effect of friend selection on social influences in obesity
by Trogdon, Justin G. & Allaire, Benjamin T.
- 165-186 Social capital and health: Evidence that ancestral trust promotes health among children of immigrants
by Ljunge, Martin
- 187-200 Fetal growth and neurobehavioral outcomes in childhood
by Chatterji, Pinka & Lahiri, Kajal & Kim, Dohyung
- 201-212 Financial hardship and obesity
by Averett, Susan L. & Smith, Julie K.
- 213-224 The effect of rising obesity on eligibility to serve in the U.S. public health service commissioned corps
by Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Cawley, John
2014, Volume 14, Issue C
- 1-21 The effect of physical activity on adult obesity: Evidence from the Canadian NPHS panel
by Sarma, Sisira & Zaric, Gregory S. & Campbell, M. Karen & Gilliland, Jason
- 22-32 Sleep behavior and unemployment conditions
by Antillón, Marina & Lauderdale, Diane S. & Mullahy, John
- 33-49 Macronutrients and obesity: Revisiting the calories in, calories out framework
by Riera-Crichton, Daniel & Tefft, Nathan
- 50-61 Child care choices, food intake, and children's obesity status in the United States
by Mandal, Bidisha & Powell, Lisa M.
- 62-78 Life cycle development of obesity and its determinants in six European countries
by Cavaco, Sandra & Eriksson, Tor & Skalli, Ali
- 79-91 The interplay between gender, race and weight status: Self perceptions and social consequences
by Fletcher, Jason M.
- 92-102 Examining the temporal relationships between childhood obesity and asthma
by Green, Tiffany L.
- 103-108 Estimating male and female height inequality
by Blum, Matthias
- 109-127 Economic development, urbanization, technological change and overweight: What do we learn from 244 Demographic and Health Surveys?
by Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc
- 128-140 Spatial mobility and environmental effects on obesity
by Zhao, Zhenxiang & Kaestner, Robert & Xu, Xin
- 141-153 High frequency body mass measurement, feedback, and health behaviors
by Kooreman, Peter & Scherpenzeel, Annette
2014, Volume 13, Issue C
- 1-19 Was the economic crisis of 2008 good for Icelanders? Impact on health behaviors
by Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey & Corman, Hope & Noonan, Kelly & Ólafsdóttir, Þórhildur & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 20-33 The difference-in-difference method: Assessing the selection bias in the effects of neighborhood environment on health
by Grafova, Irina B. & Freedman, Vicki A. & Lurie, Nicole & Kumar, Rizie & Rogowski, Jeannette
- 34-45 How effective are public health departments at preventing mortality?
by Brown, Timothy Tyler
- 46-65 Education policies and health inequalities: Evidence from changes in the distribution of Body Mass Index in France, 1981–2003
by Etile, Fabrice
- 66-75 Income inequalities in unhealthy life styles in England and Spain
by Costa-Font, Joan & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores
- 76-84 Testosterone is associated with self-employment among Australian men
by Greene, Francis J. & Han, Liang & Martin, Sean & Zhang, Song & Wittert, Gary
- 85-98 Height, weight, and entry earnings of female graduates in Taiwan
by Tao, Hung-Lin
- 99-106 Mendelian randomization in health research: Using appropriate genetic variants and avoiding biased estimates
by Taylor, Amy E. & Davies, Neil M. & Ware, Jennifer J. & VanderWeele, Tyler & Smith, George Davey & Munafò, Marcus R.
- 107-127 The impact of pharmaceutical innovation on longevity and medical expenditure in France, 2000–2009
by Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 128-143 The dynamics of food, alcohol and cigarette consumption in Russia during transition
by Herzfeld, Thomas & Huffman, Sonya & Rizov, Marian
- 144-154 Interactive effects of in utero nutrition and genetic inheritance on cognition: New evidence using sibling comparisons
by Cook, C. Justin & Fletcher, Jason M.
- 155-164 A six decades long follow-up on body size in adolescents from Zagreb, Croatia (1951–2010)
by Zajc Petranović, Matea & Tomas, Željka & Smolej Narančić, Nina & Škarić-Jurić, Tatjana & Veček, Andrea & Miličić, Jasna
2014, Volume 12, Issue C
- 1-3 In memory of Robert William Fogel
by Steckel, Richard H.
- 4-19 Food prices and body fatness among youths
by Grossman, Michael & Tekin, Erdal & Wada, Roy
- 20-29 Regional differences in overweight rates: The case of Italian regions
by Brunello, Giorgio & Labartino, Giovanna
- 30-44 Obesity persistence and duration dependence: Evidence from a cohort of US adults (1985–2010)
by Daouli, Joan & Davillas, Apostolos & Demoussis, Michael & Giannakopoulos, Nicholas
- 45-55 The effect of school district nutrition policies on dietary intake and overweight: A synthetic control approach
by Bauhoff, Sebastian
- 56-66 Development of BMI values of German children and their healthcare costs
by Batscheider, Ariane & Rzehak, Peter & Teuner, Christina M. & Wolfenstetter, Silke B. & Leidl, Reiner & von Berg, Andrea & Berdel, Dietrich & Hoffmann, Barbara & Heinrich, Joachim
- 67-82 Variation in the relationship between BMI and survival by socioeconomic status in Great Britain
by Kinge, Jonas Minet & Morris, Stephen
- 83-97 Intertemporal discounting as a risk factor for high BMI: Evidence from Australia, 2008
by Dodd, Mark C.
- 98-109 Obesogenic environmental influences on young adults: Evidence from college dormitory assignments
by Kapinos, Kandice A. & Yakusheva, Olga & Eisenberg, Daniel
- 110-119 The effect of fast-food restaurants on childhood obesity: A school level analysis
by Alviola, Pedro A. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Thomsen, Michael R. & Danforth, Diana & Smartt, James
- 120-131 Neighborhood socioeconomic status and BMI differences by immigrant and legal status: Evidence from Utah
by Wen, Ming & Maloney, Thomas N.
- 132-139 Weight perceptions, weight control and income: An analysis using British data
by Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace
- 140-152 Racial differences in the influence of female adolescents’ body size on dating and sex
by Ali, Mir M. & Rizzo, John A. & Amialchuk, Aliaksandr & Heiland, Frank
- 153-171 Personality disorders and body weight
by Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Xu, Haiyong & French, Michael T. & Ettner, Susan L.
2013, Volume 11, Issue 4
- 405-415 Bayesian modeling of the evolution of male height in 18th century Finland from incomplete data
by Penttinen, Antti & Moltchanova, Elena & Nummela, Ilkka
- 416-425 Anthropometric measurements by ethnicity in Colombia, 1965–1990
by Acosta, Karina & Meisel, Adolfo
- 426-432 Height in mid childhood and psychosocial competencies in late childhood: Evidence from four developing countries
by Dercon, Stefan & Sánchez, Alan
- 433-435 Wealthier Jews, taller Gentiles: Inequality of income and physical stature in fin-de-siècle Hungary
by Bolgár, Dániel
- 436-452 The influence of inequality on the standard of living: Worldwide anthropometric evidence from the 19th and 20th centuries
by Blum, Matthias
- 453-464 The biological standard of living and mortality in Central Italy at the beginning of the 19th century
by Coppola, Michela
- 465-473 Height, socioeconomic status and marriage in Italy around 1900
by Manfredini, Matteo & Breschi, Marco & Fornasin, Alessio & Seghieri, Chiara
- 474-487 Identifying the intergenerational effects of the 1959–1961 Chinese Great Leap Forward Famine on infant mortality
by Song, Shige
- 488-501 Stature, migration and human welfare in South China, 1850–1930
by Ward, W. Peter
- 502-514 In urban South Africa, 16 year old adolescents experience greater health equality than children
by Griffiths, Paula L. & Johnson, William & Cameron, Noël & Pettifor, John M. & Norris, Shane A.
- 515-521 The allometry of metabolism and stature: Worker fatigue and height in the Tanzanian labor market
by Price, Gregory N.
- 522-533 Body mass index, waist circumference and employment: Evidence from older Irish adults
by Mosca, Irene
- 534-544 An investigation into the effect of type I and type II diabetes duration on employment and wages
by Minor, Travis
- 545-550 The lunar cycle, sunspots and the frequency of births in Germany, 1920–1989
by Bauer, Thomas K. & Bender, Stefan & Heining, Jörg & Schmidt, Christoph M.
- 551-562 Stature, body mass, and brain size: A two-million-year odyssey
by Gallagher, Andrew
- 563-573 Dual burden households and intra-household nutritional inequality in Indonesia
by Roemling, Cornelia & Qaim, Matin
- 574-591 Can adherence to dietary guidelines address excess caloric intake? An empirical assessment for the UK
by Srinivasan, C.S.
2013, Volume 11, Issue 3
- 245-258 The height gap in 19th-century America: Net-nutritional advantage of the elite increased at the onset of modern economic growth
by Sunder, Marco
- 259-268 Pitirim A. Sorokin's early contributions to the development of anthropometric history
by Coclanis, Peter A.
- 269-280 Was what ail’d ya what kill’d ya?
by Fogel, Robert W. & Cain, Louis & Burton, Joseph & Bettenhausen, Brian
- 281-293 Fetal and infant origins of diabetes and ill health: Evidence from Puerto Rico's 1928 and 1932 hurricanes
by Sotomayor, Orlando
- 294-309 Urban–rural disparities of child health and nutritional status in China from 1989 to 2006
by Liu, Hong & Fang, Hai & Zhao, Zhong
- 310-325 Early education and health outcomes of a 2001 U.S. Birth Cohort
by Belfield, Clive R. & Kelly, Inas Rashad
- 326-336 Age trends in prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in Roma minority population of Croatia
by Zeljko, Hrvojka Marija & Škarić-Jurić, Tatjana & Narančić, Nina Smolej & Barešić, Ana & Tomas, Željka & Petranović, Matea Zajc & Miličić, Jasna & Salihović, Marijana Peričić & Janićijević, Branka
- 337-344 Absolute wealth and world region strongly predict overweight among women (ages 18–49) in 360 populations across 36 developing countries
by Hruschka, Daniel J. & Brewis, Alexandra A.
- 345-350 Intercontinental differences in overweight of adopted Koreans in the United States and Europe
by Ulijaszek, Stanley & Schwekendiek, Daniel
- 351-359 Associations of mortality with own height using son's height as an instrumental variable
by Carslake, David & Fraser, Abigail & Davey Smith, George & May, Margaret & Palmer, Tom & Sterne, Jonathan & Silventoinen, Karri & Tynelius, Per & Lawlor, Debbie A. & Rasmussen, Finn
- 360-370 The Jewish Advantage and Household Security: Life Expectancy among 19th Century Sephardim of Gibraltar
by Sawchuk, Lawrence A. & Tripp, Lianne & Melnychenko, Ulianna
- 371-381 Maternal bereavement: The heightened mortality of mothers after the death of a child
by Espinosa, Javier & Evans, William N.
- 382-390 Why pigs are important in Papua? Wealth, height and reproductive success among the Yali tribe of West Papua
by Sorokowski, Piotr & Sorokowska, Agnieszka & Danel, Dariusz P.
- 391-400 Sibling composition during childhood and adult blood pressure among native Amazonians in Bolivia
by Zeng, Wu & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Nyberg, Colleen & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Parida, Sabita & Zycherman, Ariela & Magvanjav, Oyunbileg & Reyes-García, Victoria & Tanner, Susan & Godoy, Ricardo
2013, Volume 11, Issue 2
- 121-133 Fat chance! Obesity and the transition from unemployment to employment
by Caliendo, Marco & Lee, Wang-Sheng
- 134-147 Fast food prices, obesity, and the minimum wage
by Cotti, Chad & Tefft, Nathan
- 148-163 Catching up from early nutritional deficits? Evidence from rural Ethiopia
by Outes, Ingo & Porter, Catherine
- 164-177 Combining insights from quantile and ordinal regression: Child malnutrition in Guatemala
by Sweeney, Stuart & Davenport, Frank & Grace, Kathryn
- 178-184 The association of adolescent socioeconomic position and adult height: Variation across racial/ethnic groups
by Richmond, Tracy K. & Walls, Courtney E. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 185-196 Associations between household income, height, and BMI in contemporary US schoolchildren
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 197-200 The association between adolescent height and student school satisfaction: Recent evidence from Catalonia
by Mora, Toni
- 201-205 Interpreting estimates of heritability – A note on the twin decomposition
by Stenberg, Anders
- 206-220 Crisis-induced depression, physical activity and dietary intake among young adults: Evidence from the 9/11 terrorist attacks
by Wang, Yang & Yang, Muzhe
- 221-226 The timing of sexual maturation among boys and girls in eastern Poland, 1980–2000: A rural–urban comparison
by Popławska, Helena & Wilczewski, Adam & Dmitruk, Agnieszka & Hołub, Wojciech
- 227-235 Adult obesity: Panel study from native Amazonians
by Zeng, Wu & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Jovel, Karla Rubio & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Nyberg, Colleen & Tanner, Susan & Reyes-García, Victoria & Leonard, William R. & Castaño, Juliana & Huanca, Tomás & McDade, Thomas W. & Godoy, Ricardo
- 236-244 Symmetry of the face in old age reflects childhood social status
by Hope, David & Bates, Timothy & Penke, Lars & Gow, Alan J. & Starr, John M. & Deary, Ian J.
2013, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-7 Immigrants’ acculturation and changes in Body Mass Index
by Iversen, Tor & Ma, Ching-to Albert & Meyer, Haakon E.
- 8-17 The association of obesity with the likelihood of arrest for young adults
by Kalist, David E. & Siahaan, Freddy
- 18-29 Effects of the built environment on childhood obesity: The case of urban recreational trails and crime
by Sandy, Robert & Tchernis, Rusty & Wilson, Jeffrey & Liu, Gilbert & Zhou, Xilin
- 30-41 The relationship between height and neighborhood context across racial/ethnic groups: A multi-level analysis of the 1999–2004 U.S. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
by Do, D. Phuong & Watkins, Daphne C. & Hiermeyer, Martin & Finch, Brian K.
- 42-55 The effect of low birth weight on height, weight and behavioral outcomes in the medium-run
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Deding, Mette & Lausten, Mette
- 56-68 Birthweight outcomes in Bolivia: The role of maternal height, ethnicity, and behavior
by Delajara, Marcelo & Wendelspiess Chávez Juárez, Florian
- 69-77 Ladies from Hell, Aberdeen Free Gardeners, and the Russian influenza: An anthropometric analysis of WWI-era Scottish soldiers and civilians
by Riggs, Paul & Cuff, Timothy
- 78-89 Indonesian regional welfare development, 1900–1990: New anthropometric evidence
by Foldvari, Peter & van Leeuwen, Bas & Marks, Daan & Gall, Jozsef
- 90-94 Body mass, wealth, and inequality in the 19th century: Joining the debate surrounding equality and health
by Carson, Scott Alan
- 95-107 Food prices and blood cholesterol
by Rahkovsky, Ilya & Gregory, Christian A.
- 108-112 Iron status, malaria parasite loads and food policies: Evidence from sub-Saharan Africa
by Bhargava, Alok
2012, Volume 10, Issue 4
- 333-339 Within-family variation in obesity
by Price, Joseph & Swigert, Jeffrey
- 340-351 Parental employment, family routines and childhood obesity
by Anderson, Patricia M.
- 352-364 Maternal employment and childhood obesity: A search for mechanisms in time use data
by Cawley, John & Liu, Feng
- 365-374 Family mealtimes: A contextual approach to understanding childhood obesity
by Fiese, Barbara H. & Hammons, Amber & Grigsby-Toussaint, Diana
- 375-384 Obesity, family instability, and socioemotional health in adolescence
by Crosnoe, Robert
- 385-394 Adolescent obesity and life satisfaction: Perceptions of self, peers, family, and school
by Forste, Renata & Moore, Erin
- 395-404 The relationship between body mass index and unhealthy weight control behaviors among adolescents: The role of family and peer social support
by Vander Wal, Jillon S.
- 405-418 The effect of fat mass on educational attainment: Examining the sensitivity to different identification strategies
by von Hinke Kessler Scholder, Stephanie & Davey Smith, George & Lawlor, Debbie A. & Propper, Carol & Windmeijer, Frank
- 419-430 The psychological consequences of weight change trajectories: Evidence from quantitative and qualitative data
by Carr, Deborah & Jaffe, Karen