Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Inas R Kelly
repec:ecr:col114%The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid any more. Please ask Inas R Kelly to have the entry updated or send us the correct address
Additional information is available for the following registered editor(s):
Inas Rashad Kelly
John H. Komlos
Series handle: RePEc:eee:ehbiol
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ehbiol. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Nithya Sathishkumar (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622964 .
2021, Volume 40, Issue C
- S1570677X20301891 Perinatal health among 1 million Chinese-Americans
by Almond, Douglas & Cheng, Yi
- S1570677X20302069 Physical mobility under stay-at-home orders: A comparative analysis of movement restrictions between the U.S. and Europe
by Xu, Dafeng
- S1570677X20302070 Black-white disparities during an epidemic: Life expectancy and lifespan disparity in the US, 1980–2000
by Aburto, José Manuel & Kristensen, Frederikke Frehr & Sharp, Paul
- S1570677X20302082 Medicaid coverage and use of nicotine replacement treatment
by Lei, Lianlian & Liu, Feng
- S1570677X20302094 The impact of the Philadelphia beverage tax on employment: A synthetic control analysis
by Marinello, Samantha & Leider, Julien & Pugach, Oksana & Powell, Lisa M.
- S1570677X20302112 Inequality in mortality in pre-industrial southern Europe during an epidemic episode: socio-economic determinants (eighteenth - nineteenth centuries Spain)
by Luque de Haro, Víctor A. & Pujadas-Mora, Joana M. & García-Gómez, José J.
- S1570677X20302124 Sunlight and Protection Against Influenza
by Slusky, David J.G. & Zeckhauser, Richard J.
- S1570677X20302136 Deforestation and infant mortality: Evidence from Indonesia
by Chakrabarti, Averi
- S1570677X20302148 Childhood stunting and cognitive effects of water and sanitation in Indonesia
by Cameron, Lisa & Chase, Claire & Haque, Sabrina & Joseph, George & Pinto, Rebekah & Wang, Qiao
- S1570677X20302161 Human papillomavirus vaccine and risky sexual behavior: Regression discontinuity design evidence from Brazil
by Frio, Gustavo Saraiva & França, Marco Tulio Aniceto
- S1570677X20302173 The effect of lockdowns and infection rates on supermarket sales
by Vall Castelló, Judit & Lopez Casasnovas, Guillem
- S1570677X20302185 Regional differences in diabetes across Europe – regression and causal forest analyses
by Elek, Péter & Bíró, Anikó
- S1570677X20302197 The effect of retirement on health biomarkers
by Gorry, Devon & Slavov, Sita Nataraj
- S1570677X20302203 Modelling children's anthropometric status using Bayesian distributional regression merging socio-economic and remote sensed data from South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa
by Seiler, Johannes & Harttgen, Kenneth & Kneib, Thomas & Lang, Stefan
- S1570677X20302215 Family ties and child obesity in Italy
by Crudu, Federico & Neri, Laura & Tiezzi, Silvia
- S1570677X20302227 Prenatal exposure to the German food crisis 1944–1948 and health after 65 years
by Jürges, Hendrik & Kopetsch, Thomas
- S1570677X20302331 Insights on the implications of COVID-19 mitigation measures for mental health
by Fayaz Farkhad, Bita & Albarracín, Dolores
2020, Volume 39, Issue C
- S1570677X19302370 Maternal education and infant health gradient: New answers to old questions
by Shrestha, Vinish
- S1570677X20301684 Price impact of taxes on sugary drinks in Brazil
by Pereda, Paula & Garcia, Carolina Policarpo
- S1570677X20301702 Political violence, adverse shocks and child malnutrition: Empirical evidence from Andhra Pradesh, India
by Tranchant, Jean-Pierre & Justino, Patricia & Müller, Cathérine
- S1570677X20301714 The effect of working hours on health
by Berniell, Inés & Bietenbeck, Jan
- S1570677X20301726 Tobacco taxes and illicit cigarette trade in Colombia
by Gallego, Juan M. & Llorente, Blanca & Maldonado, Norman & Otálvaro-Ramírez, Susana & Rodríguez-Lesmes, Paul
- S1570677X20301738 Is owning your home good for your health? Evidence from exogenous variations in subsidies in England
by Munford, Luke A. & Fichera, Eleonora & Sutton, Matt
- S1570677X20301751 Blessed are the first: The long-term effect of birth order on trust
by Conzo, Pierluigi & Zotti, Roberto
- S1570677X20301763 Socioeconomic inequalities in obesity in Brazil
by Triaca, Lívia Madeira & dos Santos, Anderson Moreira Aristides & Tejada, Cesar Augusto Oviedo
- S1570677X20301775 Is the intergenerational transmission of overweight ‘gender assortative’?
by Costa-Font, Joan & Jofre-Bonet, Mireia
- S1570677X20301878 Impact of a sweetened beverage tax on beverage prices in Seattle, WA
by Jones-Smith, Jessica C. & Pinero Walkinshaw, Lina & Oddo, Vanessa M. & Knox, Melissa & Neuhouser, Marian L. & Hurvitz, Philip M. & Saelens, Brian E. & Chan, Nadine
- S1570677X20301908 Impacts of boarding on primary school students’ mental health outcomes – Instrumental-Variable evidence from rural northwestern China
by Chen, Qihui & Chen, Yu & Zhao, Qiran
- S1570677X20301921 Recreational marijuana laws and junk food consumption
by Baggio, Michele & Chong, Alberto
- S1570677X20301933 Going beyond the mean in examining relationships of adolescent non-cognitive skills with health-related quality of life and biomarkers in later-life
by Atkins, Rose & Turner, Alex James & Chandola, Tarani & Sutton, Matt
- S1570677X20301945 Publicly provided healthcare and migration
by Mahé, Clotilde
- S1570677X20301957 Diabetes, employment and behavioural risk factors in China: Marginal structural models versus fixed effects models
by Seuring, Till & Serneels, Pieter & Suhrcke, Marc & Bachmann, Max
- S1570677X20301969 Refugee camps – A lasting legacy? Evidence on long-term health impact
by Nsababera, Olive
- S1570677X20301970 Gender-role ideology and height preference in mate selection
by Tao, Hung-Lin
- S1570677X20301982 Can shorter mothers have taller children? Nutritional mobility, health equity and the intergenerational transmission of relative height
by Finaret, Amelia B. & Masters, William A.
- S1570677X20301994 Biomarkers, disability and health care demand
by Davillas, Apostolos & Pudney, Stephen
- S1570677X20302008 The Influence of Household Refrigerator Ownership on Diets in Vietnam
by Heard, Brent R. & Thi, Huong Trinh & Burra, Dharani Dhar & Heller, Martin C. & Miller, Shelie A. & Duong, Thanh Thi & Simioni, Michel & Jones, Andrew D.
- S1570677X20302021 The effect of bereavement on cognitive functioning among elderly people: Evidence from Australia
by Atalay, Kadir & Staneva, Anita
- S1570677X20302033 A dynamic microeconomic analysis of the impact of physical activity on cognition among older people
by Lenzen, Sabrina & Gannon, Brenda & Rose, Christiern
- S1570677X20302045 Intergenerational residence patterns and Covid-19 fatalities in the EU and the US
by Aparicio Fenoll, Ainoa & Grossbard, Shoshana
- S1570677X2030174X When children have children: The effects of child marriages and teenage pregnancies on early childhood mortality in Bangladesh
by Trommlerová, Sofia K.
- S1570677X2030188X The New school food standards and nutrition of school children: Direct and Indirect Effect Analysis
by Valizadeh, Pourya & Ng, Shu Wen
- S1570677X2030191X Armed conflict and birth weight
by Le, Kien & Nguyen, My
- S1570677X2030201X The value of COVID-19 tests in Latin America
by Trudeau, Jennifer M. & Alicea-Planas, Jessica & Vásquez, William F.
2020, Volume 38, Issue C
- S1570677X18301102 Distributional Effects of Recent Health Insurance Expansions on Weight-Related Outcomes
by McInerney, Melissa & Meiselbach, Mark K.
- S1570677X18302491 Rainfall and child weight in Uganda
by Omiat, George & Shively, Gerald
- S1570677X19301029 Parenthood and smoking
by Görlitz, Katja & Tamm, Marcus
- S1570677X19301509 Obesity and bankruptcy: Evidence from US counties
by Kuroki, Masanori
- S1570677X19301595 Effects of a measles outbreak on vaccination uptake
by Schober, Thomas
- S1570677X19302096 An analysis of the stock market reaction to the announcements of the UK Soft Drinks Industry Levy
by Law, Cherry & Cornelsen, Laura & Adams, Jean & Penney, Tarra & Rutter, Harry & White, Martin & Smith, Richard
- S1570677X19302515 Evaluating Saudi Arabia’s 50% carbonated drink excise tax: Changes in prices and volume sales
by Alsukait, Reem & Wilde, Parke & Bleich, Sara N. & Singh, Gitanjali & Folta, Sara C.
- S1570677X19302710 How children's education affects caregiving: Evidence from parent’s last years of life
by Jiang, Nan & Kaushal, Neeraj
- S1570677X19302746 The health and financial impacts of a sugary drink tax across different income groups in Canada
by Kao, Kai-Erh & Jones, Amanda C. & Ohinmaa, Arto & Paulden, Mike
- S1570677X19302813 Economic development in Puerto Rico after US annexation: Anthropometric evidence
by Marein, Brian
- S1570677X19302837 The effect of retirement on biomedical and behavioral risk factors for cardiovascular and metabolic disease
by Pedron, Sara & Maier, Werner & Peters, Annette & Linkohr, Birgit & Meisinger, Christine & Rathmann, Wolfgang & Eibich, Peter & Schwettmann, Lars
- S1570677X19302886 The effect of tobacco policies on youth physical activity
by Sen Choudhury, Rebecca & Conway, Karen Smith
- S1570677X19303090 The impact of BMI on mental health: Further evidence from genetic markers
by Amin, Vikesh & Flores, Carlos A. & Flores-Lagunes, Alfonso
- S1570677X19303284 Height, marriage, and partner characteristics for women in low- and middle-income countries
by Murasko, Jason E.
- S1570677X19303429 Filling the weight gap: Estimating body weight and BMI using height, chest and upper arm circumference of Swiss conscripts in the first half of the 20th century
by Trüb, Fabienne P & Wells, Jonathan CK & Rühli, Frank J & Staub, Kaspar & Floris, Joël
- S1570677X19303624 Beauty perks: Physical appearance, earnings, and fringe benefits
by Dilmaghani, Maryam
- S1570677X20300022 BMI mobility and obesity transitions among children in Ireland
by Madden, David
- S1570677X20300344 Regional inequalities in adiposity in England: distributional analysis of the contribution of individual-level characteristics and the small area obesogenic environment
by Davillas, Apostolos & Jones, Andrew M.
- S1570677X20300368 Sweet are the fruit of adversity? The impact of fathers’ death on child non-cognitive outcomes in Ethiopia
by Himaz, Rozana
- S1570677X20301672 Parents labor supply and childhood obesity: Evidence from Scotland
by Milovanska-Farrington, Stefani
- S1570677X20301696 The interaction between personality and health policy: Empirical evidence from the UK smoking bans
by Josten, Cecily & Lordan, Grace
- S1570677X1930214X Who drinks soda pop? Economic status and adult consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages
by Zagorsky, Jay L. & Smith, Patricia K.
- S1570677X1930276X Is the public sweet on sugary beverages? Social desirability bias and sweetened beverage taxes
by Knox, Melissa A. & Oddo, Vanessa M. & Walkinshaw, Lina Pinero & Jones-Smith, Jessica
2020, Volume 37, Issue C
- S1570677X18303150 The effect of the economic collapse in Iceland on the probability of cardiovascular events
by Birgisdóttir, Kristín Helga & Hauksdóttir, Arna & Ruhm, Christopher & Valdimarsdóttir, Unnur Anna & Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey
- S1570677X19300474 The effects of weather shocks on early childhood development: Evidence from 25 years of tropical storms in Jamaica
by Beuermann, Diether W. & Pecha, Camilo J.
- S1570677X19300656 Valuing pain using the subjective well-being method
by Ólafsdóttir, Thorhildur & Ásgeirsdóttir, Tinna Laufey & Norton, Edward C.
- S1570677X19300772 Nutritional and socio-economic predictors of adult height in 152 world populations
by Grasgruber, P. & Hrazdíra, E.
- S1570677X19300930 Birth weight, neonatal care, and infant mortality: Evidence from macrosomic babies
by Brilli, Ylenia & Restrepo, Brandon J.
- S1570677X19301315 Obesity and hiring discrimination
by Campos-Vazquez, Raymundo M. & Gonzalez, Eva
- S1570677X19301571 Drudgery reduction, physical activity and energy requirements in rural livelihoods
by Srinivasan, C.S. & Zanello, Giacomo & Nkegbe, Paul & Cherukuri, Radhika & Picchioni, Fiorella & Gowdru, Nithya & Webb, Patrick
- S1570677X19301716 The effect of implicit and explicit taxes on the purchasing of ‘high-in-calorie’ products: A randomized controlled trial
by Doble, Brett & Ang Jia Ler, Felicia & Finkelstein, Eric A.
- S1570677X19301765 Male fertility between biology and the socioeconomic context news from the past (Alghero, 1866–1935)
by Breschi, M. & Fornasin, A. & Gonano, G. & Mazzoni, S. & Manfredini, M.
- S1570677X19301777 The effect of type 2 diabetes diagnosis in the elderly
by Gaggero, Alessio
- S1570677X19301789 Social class-specific secular trends in height among 19-year old Polish men: 6th national surveys from 1965 till 2010
by Lopuszanska-Dawid, M. & Kołodziej, H. & Lipowicz, A. & Szklarska, A. & Kopiczko, A. & Bielicki, T.
- S1570677X19301807 The impact of early-life shocks on adult welfare in Brazil: Questions of measurement and timing
by Fitz, Dylan & League, Riley
- S1570677X19301856 The biological standard of living in La Paz (Bolivia), 1880s–1920s: Persistent stagnation and inequality
by Branisa, Boris & Peres-Cajías, Jose & Caspa, Nigel
- S1570677X19301947 Do prices and purchases respond similarly to soft drink tax increases and cuts?
by Schmacker, Renke & Smed, Sinne
- S1570677X19302163 Opioid epidemics
by Strulik, Holger
- S1570677X19302230 The impact of the Cook County, IL, Sweetened Beverage Tax on beverage prices
by Powell, Lisa M. & Leider, Julien & Léger, Pierre Thomas
- S1570677X19302278 Are only children in China more likely to be obese/overweight than their counterparts with siblings?
by Tian, Xu & von Cramon-Taubadel, Stephan
- S1570677X19302321 Can the updated nutrition facts label decrease sugar-sweetened beverage consumption?
by Neuhofer, Zachary & McFadden, Brandon R. & Rihn, Alicia & Wei, Xuan & Khachatryan, Hayk & House, Lisa
- S1570677X19302400 The effect of local unemployment on health: A longitudinal study of Irish mothers 2001-2011
by Briody, Jonathan & Doyle, Orla & Kelleher, Cecily
- S1570677X19302412 Do childhood infections affect labour market outcomes in adulthood and, if so, how?
by Viinikainen, Jutta & Bryson, Alex & Böckerman, Petri & Elovainio, Marko & Hutri-Kähönen, Nina & Juonala, Markus & Lehtimäki, Terho & Pahkala, Katja & Rovio, Suvi & Pulkki-Råback, Laura & Raitakari, Olli & Pehkonen, Jaakko
- S1570677X19302473 The value of early physical maturity to young adult labor market outcomes
by Holmes, Chanita C. & Tracey, Marlon R. & Belasen, Ariel R.
- S1570677X19302503 Younger, dissatisfied, and unhealthy – Relative age in adolescence
by Fumarco, L. & Baert, S. & Sarracino, F.
- S1570677X19302552 Oakland’s sugar-sweetened beverage tax: Impacts on prices, purchases and consumption by adults and children
by Cawley, John & Frisvold, David & Hill, Anna & Jones, David
- S1570677X19302576 Chronic kidney disease and household behaviors in Sri Lanka: Historical choices of drinking water and agrochemical use
by Balasubramanya, Soumya & Stifel, David & Horbulyk, Ted & Kafle, Kashi
- S1570677X19302606 The impact of UK soft drinks industry levy on manufacturers’ domestic turnover
by Law, Cherry & Cornelsen, Laura & Adams, Jean & Pell, David & Rutter, Harry & White, Martin & Smith, Richard
- S1570677X19302758 The impact of Seattle’s Sweetened Beverage Tax on beverage prices and volume sold
by Powell, Lisa M. & Leider, Julien
- S1570677X1930139X Height shrinkage, health and mortality among older adults: Evidence from Indonesia
by Jain, Urvashi & Ma, Mingming
- S1570677X1930187X Newborn health and the business cycle: The role of birth order
by Aparicio, Ainoa & González, Libertad & Vall Castelló, Judit
- S1570677X1930228X The macroeconomic impacts of diet-related fiscal policy for NCD prevention: A systematic review
by Mounsey, Sarah & Veerman, Lennert & Jan, Stephen & Thow, Anne Marie
- S1570677X1930231X Catch-up growth in height and cognitive function: Why definitions matter
by Casale, Daniela & Desmond, Chris & Richter, Linda M.
2020, Volume 36, Issue C
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19301121 Differences in Cesarean section rates by fetal sex among Chinese women in the United States: Does Chinese culture play a role?
by Shen, Menghan & Li, Linyan
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19300267 New anthropometric evidence on living standards in nineteenth-century Chile
by Llorca-Jaña, Manuel & Clarke, Damian & Navarrete-Montalvo, Juan & Araya-Valenzuela, Roberto & Allende, Martina
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19300619 Growing in the womb: The effect of seismic activity on fetal growth
by Álvarez-Aranda, Rocío & Chirkova, Serafima & Romero, José Gabriel
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19300115 Acute health shocks and labour market outcomes: Evidence from the post crash era
by Jones, Andrew M. & Rice, Nigel & Zantomio, Francesca
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19300176 Do Cesarean Delivery rates rise when the economy declines? A test of the economic stress hypothesis
by Viluma, Laura
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19301224 Chain effects of clean water: The Mills–Reincke phenomenon in early 20th-century Japan
by Inoue, Tatsuki & Ogasawara, Kota
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19301364 U.S. obesity as delayed effect of excess sugar
by Alexander Bentley, R. & Ruck, Damian J. & Fouts, Hillary N.
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19300140 The effect of birth weight on behavioral problems in early adolescence: New evidence from monozygotic twins
by Møllegaard, Stine
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19301327 Harsh parenting during early childhood and child development
by Berthelon, Matias & Contreras, Dante & Kruger, Diana & Palma, María Isidora
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19300425 Impact of SSB taxes on sales
by Vall Castelló, Judit & Lopez Casasnovas, Guillem
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x19300760 The relationship between height and leadership: Evidence from across Europe
by Bittmann, Felix
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x18300959 Biomarkers as precursors of disability
by Davillas, Apostolos & Pudney, Stephen
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x18302739 Season of birth, health and aging
by Abeliansky, Ana Lucia & Strulik, Holger
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x18303514 The effect of labor market shocks on health: The case of the Russian transition
by Lazareva, Olga
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x18303575 Long run educational and spillover effects of unconditional cash transfers: Evidence from South Africa
by Mostert, Cyprian Mcwayizeni & Vall Castello, Judit
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x1830008x Experimental evidence on post-program effects and spillovers from an agriculture-nutrition program
by Dillon, Andrew & Bliznashka, Lilia & Olney, Deanna
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x1830306x Does lower fertility empower women? Evidence from rural Bangladesh
by Ruthbah, Ummul
- v:36:y:2020:i:c:s1570677x1930125x What determines perceived income justice? Evidence from the German TwinLife study
by Neugart, Michael & Yildirim, Selen
2019, Volume 35, Issue C
- 1-17 Long commutes to work during pregnancy and infant health at birth
by Wang, Yang & Yang, Muzhe
- 18-31 Twins are more different than commonly believed, but made less different by compensating behaviors
by Choi, Jin-young & Lee, Myoung-jae
- 32-41 The long-term economic effects of polio: Evidence from the introduction of the polio vaccine to Sweden in 1957
by Serratos-Sotelo, Luis & Bengtsson, Tommy & Nilsson, Anton
- 42-50 What explains cross-city variation in mortality during the 1918 influenza pandemic? Evidence from 438 U.S. cities
by Clay, Karen & Lewis, Joshua & Severnini, Edson
- 51-62 Graduated driver licensing and teen fertility
by Deza, Monica
- 63-72 The fertility-inhibiting effect of mosquitoes: Socio-economic differences in response to the Zika crisis in Colombia
by Gamboa, Luis Fernando & Rodriguez Lesmes, Paul
- 73-81 Linking risk attitudes, time preferences, and body mass index in Catalonia
by Dogbe, Wisdom & Gil, José M.
- 82-95 How does alcohol access affect transitional adults’ healthy dietary behaviors?
by Nguyen, Hieu
- 96-106 The reciprocal relationship between depressive symptoms and employment status
by Bubonya, Melisa & Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Ribar, David C.
- 107-122 Can positive income anticipations reverse the mental health impacts of negative income anxieties?
by Watson, Barry & Osberg, Lars
- 123-132 Valuing health damages due to groundwater arsenic contamination in Bihar, India
by Thakur, Barun Kumar & Gupta, Vijaya
- 133-143 Does point-of-sale nutrition information improve the nutritional quality of food choices?
by Melo, Grace & Zhen, Chen & Colson, Greg
- 144-161 Ex-ante Inequality of Opportunity in Child Malnutrition: New Evidence from Ten Developing Countries in Asia
by Aizawa, Toshiaki
- 162-184 Studying the impact of the Eurozone’s Great Recession on health: Methodological choices and challenges
by Thompson, Kristina & Ophem, Johan van & Wagemakers, Annemarie
- 185-192 Living standards and inequality in the industrial revolution: Evidence from the height of University of Edinburgh students in the 1830s
by Blum, Matthias & McLaughlin, Eoin
- 193-206 Health and transitions into nonemployment and early retirement among older workers in Canada
by Chen, Wen-Hao
- 207-221 On the measurement of health and its effect on the measurement of health inequality
by Nesson, Erik T. & Robinson, Joshua J.
2019, Volume 34, Issue C
- 5-15 Decomposing adult obesity trends in China (1991–2011)
by Nie, Peng & Ding, Lanlin & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso
- 16-25 Understanding recent trends in childhood obesity in the United States
by Anderson, Patricia M. & Butcher, Kristin F. & Schanzenbach, Diane Whitmore
- 26-38 Late 19th, early 20th century US, foreign-born body mass index values in the United States
by Carson, Scott Alan
- 39-48 The price of ultra-processed foods and beverages and adult body weight: Evidence from U.S. veterans
by Powell, Lisa M. & Jones, Kelly & Duran, Ana Clara & Tarlov, Elizabeth & Zenk, Shannon N.
- 49-57 Peer effects of obesity on child body composition
by Strombotne, Kiersten L. & Fletcher, Jason M. & Schlesinger, Mark J.
- 58-73 How does body mass index affect economic growth? A comparative analysis of countries by levels of economic development
by Kelly, Inas R. & Doytch, Nadia & Dave, Dhaval
- 74-79 Length of residence and obesity risk among North African immigrant women in Italy
by Toselli, Stefania & Rinaldo, Natascia & Gualdi-Russo, Emanuela
- 80-91 The double burden of malnutrition among youth: Trajectories and inequalities in four emerging economies
by Schott, Whitney & Aurino, Elisabetta & Penny, Mary E. & Behrman, Jere R.
- 92-102 The biological wellbeing of the working-poor: The height of prisoners in Buenos Aires Province, Argentina, 1885–1939
by Salvatore, Ricardo
- 103-114 Adult body height as a mediator between early-life conditions and socio-economic status: the case of the Dutch Potato Famine, 1846–1847
by Thompson, Kristina & Lindeboom, Maarten & Portrait, France
- 115-124 Do you have to be tall and educated to be a migrant? Evidence from Spanish recruitment records, 1890–1950
by Juif, Dácil & Quiroga, Gloria
- 125-137 Inequality among industrial workers in the late 19th century United States
by Haines, Michael R.
- 138-150 Health and wealth in the Roman Empire
by Jongman, Willem M. & Jacobs, Jan P.A.M. & Klein Goldewijk, Geertje M.
- 151-161 Development of regional variety of the biological standard of living in the Netherlands, 1812–1913
by Tassenaar, Vincent
- 162-168 Between the Great War and the Great Depression: preliminary observations on the ‘missing link’ in the history of human stature in Poland
by Kopczyński, Michał
- 169-180 Height development of men and women from China, South Korea, and Taiwan during the rapid economic transformation period of the 1960s–1980s
by Schwekendiek, Daniel & Baten, Joerg
- 181-193 Valkyries: Was gender equality high in the Scandinavian periphery since Viking times? Evidence from enamel hypoplasia and height ratios
by Maravall Buckwalter, Laura & Baten, Joerg
- 194-207 Homemakers and heights. Intra-household resource allocation and male stature in the Netherlands, 1860–1930
by Quanjer, Björn & Kok, Jan
- 208-215 Household wealth and gender gap widening in height: Evidence from adolescents in Ethiopia, India, Peru, and Vietnam
by Duc, Le Thuc
- 216-224 The biological standard of living in Indonesia during the 20th century: Evidence from the age at menarche
by van der Eng, Pierre & Sohn, Kitae
- 225-238 The aggregate income losses from childhood stunting and the returns to a nutrition intervention aimed at reducing stunting
by Galasso, Emanuela & Wagstaff, Adam
- 239-251 Identifying the limits to socioeconomic influences on human growth
by Hruschka, Daniel J. & Hackman, Joseph V. & Stulp, Gert
- 252-256 Talented but lazy. The height-school premium among Cracow’s schoolboys in the interwar period
by Ogórek, Bartosz
- 257-273 Selective mortality and the anthropometric status of children in low- and middle-income countries
by Harttgen, Kenneth & Lang, Stefan & Seiler, Johannes
- 274-285 Does adult height predict later mortality?: Comparative evidence from the Early Indicators samples in the United States
by Wilson, Sven E.
- 286-295 The effects of employment on influenza rates
by Markowitz, Sara & Nesson, Erik & Robinson, Joshua J.
2019, Volume 33, Issue C
- 1-14 Relative concerns and sleep behavior
by Akay, Alpaslan & Martinsson, Peter & Ralsmark, Hilda
- 15-28 Estimating the educational consequences of teenage childbearing: Identification, heterogeneous effects and the value of biological relationship information
by Heiland, Frank & Korenman, Sanders & Smith, Rachel A.
- 29-39 The effects of prenatal exposure to Ramadan on stature during childhood and adolescence: Evidence from the Indonesian Family Life Survey
by Kunto, Yohanes Sondang & Mandemakers, Jornt J.
- 40-57 Inequality in body mass indices across countries: Evidence from convergence tests
by Duncan, Roberto & Toledo, Patricia
- 58-77 Labor market engagement and the body mass index of working adults: Evidence from India
by Dang, Archana & Maitra, Pushkar & Menon, Nidhiya
- 78-88 Supermarket access and childhood bodyweight: Evidence from store openings and closings
by Zeng, Di & Thomsen, Michael R. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Bennett, Judy L.
- 89-100 Socioeconomic differences in the associations between diabetes and hospital admission and mortality among older adults in Europe
by Rodríguez-Sánchez, Beatriz & Cantarero-Prieto, David
- 101-115 Incentive design to boost health for juveniles with Medicaid coverage: Evidence from a field experiment
by Edberg, Dana & Mukhopadhyay, Sankar & Wendel, Jeanne
- 116-123 Retirement and Unexpected Health Shocks
by Apouey, Bénédicte H. & Guven, Cahit & Senik, Claudia
- 124-133 Do fast food restaurants surrounding schools affect childhood obesity?
by Asirvatham, Jebaraj & Thomsen, Michael R. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Goudie, Anthony
- 134-143 Early life environment and adult height: The case of Chile
by Borrescio-Higa, Florencia & Bozzoli, Carlos Guillermo & Droller, Federico
- 144-148 Overweight and obesity standards and subjective well-being: Evidence from China
by Zeng, Qiyan & Yu, Xiaohua
- 149-154 Climate change, demographic pressures and global sustainability
by Bhargava, Alok
- 155-168 The smoking epidemic across generations, genders, and educational groups: A matter of diffusion of innovations
by Di Novi, Cinzia & Marenzi, Anna
- 169-180 The impact of conditional cash transfers on nutrition outcomes: Experimental evidence from Mexico
by Kronebusch, Natalie & Damon, Amy
- 181-192 The legacy lead deposition in soils and its impact on cognitive function in preschool-aged children in the United States
by Clay, Karen & Portnykh, Margarita & Severnini, Edson
- 193-200 How did the 2008-11 financial crisis affect work-related common mental distress? Evidence from 393 workplaces in Great Britain
by Kronenberg, Christoph & Boehnke, Jan R.
- 201-210 Have Swiss adult males and females stopped growing taller? Evidence from the population-based nutrition survey menuCH, 2014/2015
by Vinci, Linda & Floris, Joël & Koepke, Nikola & Matthes, Katarina L. & Bochud, Murielle & Bender, Nicole & Rohrmann, Sabine & Faeh, David & Staub, Kaspar
- 211-223 Does austerity really kill?
by Toffolutti, Veronica & Suhrcke, Marc
2019, Volume 32, Issue C
- 1-10 Closing the rural-urban gap in child malnutrition: Evidence from Paraguay, 1997–2012
by Ervin, Paul A. & Bubak, Vit
- 11-17 Autopsing history: The mummy of Charlemagne (c. 747 – 814 AD), father of Europe
by Schleifring, Joachim H. & Galassi, Francesco M. & Habicht, Michael E. & Rühli, Frank J.
- 18-39 Sunshine, fertility and racial disparities
by Conway, Karen Smith & Trudeau, Jennifer
- 40-55 Shrinking in a growing economy is not so puzzling after all
by Komlos, John
2018, Volume 31, Issue C
- 1-13 The health care costs of childhood obesity in Australia: An instrumental variables approach
by Black, Nicole & Hughes, Robert & Jones, Andrew M.
- 14-25 The value of education to health: Evidence from Ireland
by Ma, Yuanyuan & Nolan, Anne & Smith, James P.
- 26-39 Long-run overweight levels and convergence in body mass index
by Duncan, Roberto & Toledo, Patricia
- 40-53 The effects of chronic non-communicable diseases on labour force outcomes: Quasi experimental evidence from Sri Lanka
by Kumara, Ajantha Sisira & Samaratunge, Ramanie
- 54-68 Perceived health risk, environmental knowledge, and contingent valuation for improving air quality: New evidence from the Jinchuan mining area in China
by Li, Zhengtao & Hu, Bin
- 69-82 Fracking and risky behaviors: Evidence from Pennsylvania
by Beleche, Trinidad & Cintina, Inna
- 83-93 Intergenerational transmission of nicotine within families: Have e-cigarettes influenced passive smoking?
by Carrieri, Vincenzo & Jones, Andrew M.
- 94-114 The Impact of Education on Health Outcomes and Behaviors in a Middle-Income, Low-Education Country
by Dursun, Bahadır & Cesur, Resul & Mocan, Naci
- 115-124 Has the growth in “fast casual” Mexican restaurants impacted weight gain?
by Giuntella, Osea
- 125-137 The long-run effects of pandemic influenza on the development of children from elite backgrounds: Evidence from industrializing Japan
by Ogasawara, Kota
- 138-149 State dream acts and education, health and mental health of Mexican young adults in the U.S
by Kaushal, Neeraj & Wang, Julia Shu-Huah & Huang, Xiaoning
- 150-163 Measuring effects of SNAP on obesity at the intensive margin
by Almada, Lorenzo N. & Tchernis, Rusty
- 164-183 How much do conditional cash transfers increase the utilization of maternal and child health care services? New evidence from Janani Suraksha Yojana in India
by Rahman, Mohammad Mahbubur & Pallikadavath, Saseendran
- 184-199 The effect of cancer on the labor supply of employed men over the age of 65
by Candon, David
- 200-208 Does education attenuate the genetic risk of obesity? Evidence from U.K. Twins
by Amin, Vikesh & Dunn, Paul & Spector, Tim
- 209-227 Smile or die: Can subjective well-being increase survival in the face of substantive health impairments?
by Binder, Martin & Buenstorf, Guido
- 228-237 Health and economic development since 1900
by Gallardo-Albarrán, Daniel
- 238-248 Night light intensity and women’s body weight: Evidence from Nigeria
by Abay, Kibrom A. & Amare, Mulubrhan