The Broadband Bonus: Accounting for Broadband Internet's Impact on U.S. GDP
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marshall Reinsdorf, 1993. "The Effect of Outlet Price Differentials on the U.S. Consumer Price Index," NBER Chapters,in: Price Measurements and Their Uses, pages 227-258 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bpj:rneart:v:3:y:2004:i:3:p:228-247 is not listed on IDEAS
- Downes, Tom & Greenstein, Shane, 2002. "Universal access and local internet markets in the US," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1035-1052, September.
- Griliches, Zvi & Cockburn, Iain, 1994.
"Generics and New Goods in Pharmaceutical Price Indexes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1213-1232, December.
- Griliches, Z. & Cockborn, I., 1993. "Generics and New Goods in Pharmaceutical Price Indexes," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1664, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Zvi Griliches & Iain Cockburn, 1993. "Generics and New Goods in Pharmaceutical Price Indexes," NBER Working Papers 4272, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Savage Scott J. & Waldman Donald M., 2004. "United States Demand for Internet Access," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-20, September.
- Jerry A. Hausman, 1997. "Valuing the Effect of Regulation on New Services in Telecommunications," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1997 Micr), pages 1-54.
- Hong, Seung-Hyun, 2007. "The recent growth of the internet and changes in household-level demand for entertainment," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 304-318, October.
- Avi Goldfarb, 2004. "Concentration in advertising-supported online markets: an empirical approach," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 581-594.
- Mélisande Cardona & Anton Schwarz & B. Yurtoglu & Christine Zulehner, 2009. "Demand estimation and market definition for broadband Internet services," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 70-95, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andriana Bellou, 2015.
"The impact of Internet diffusion on marriage rates: evidence from the broadband market,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 28(2), pages 265-297, April.
- Bellou, Andriana, 2013. "The Impact of Internet Diffusion on Marriage Rates: Evidence from the Broadband Market," IZA Discussion Papers 7316, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arthur Grimes & Cleo Ren & Philip Stevens, 2012.
"The need for speed: impacts of internet connectivity on firm productivity,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 187-201, April.
- Arthur Grimes & Cleo Ren & Philip Stevens, 2009. "The Need for Speed: Impacts of Internet Connectivity on Firm Productivity," Working Papers 09_15, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Candelaria, José Alberto, 2015. "A panel data analysis of temporary and permanent effects of fixed broadband penetration over economic growth," 2015 Regional ITS Conference, Los Angeles 2015 146312, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Bourreau, Marc & Cambini, Carlo & Doğan, Pınar, 2012.
"Access pricing, competition, and incentives to migrate from “old” to “new” technology,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 713-723.
- M. Bourreau & C. Cambini & P. Dogan, "undated". "Access Pricing, Competition, and Incentives to Migrate From "Old" to "New" Technology," Working Paper 36919, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Bourreau, Marc & Cambini, Carlo & Dogan, Pinar, 2011. "Access Pricing, Competition, and Incentives to Migrate from "Old" to "New" Technology," Working Paper Series rwp11-029, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Bourreau, Marc & Cambini, Carlo & Dogan, Pinar, 2011. "Access Pricing, Competition, and Incentives to Migrate From "Old" to "New" Technology," Scholarly Articles 5098425, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Carlo Cambini & Laura Rondi, 2010. "Regulatory Independence and Political Interference: Evidence from EU Mixed-Ownership Utilities’ Investment and Debt," Working Papers 2010.69, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bronwyn HOWELL & Arthur GRIMES, 2010. "Productivity Questions for Public Sector Fast Fibre Network Financiers," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(78), pages 127-146, 2nd quart.
- Tselekounis, Markos & Varoutas, Dimitris & Martakos, Drakoulis, 2014. "A CDS approach to induce facilities-based competition over NGA networks," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 311-331.
- Rosston Gregory L. & Savage Scott J & Waldman Donald M, 2010. "Household Demand for Broadband Internet in 2010," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-45, September.
- António Madureira & Nico Baken & Harry Bouwman, 2011. "Value of digital information networks: a holonic framework," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-30, April.
- Shane Greenstein, 2011.
"Nurturing the Accumulation of Innovations: Lessons from the Internet,"
NBER Chapters,in: Accelerating Energy Innovation: Insights from Multiple Sectors, pages 189-223
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shane Greenstein, 2010. "Nurturing the Accumulation of Innovations: Lessons from the Internet," NBER Working Papers 15905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Catherine L. Mann, 2013. "Information Lost (Apologies to Milton)," NBER Working Papers 19526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlo Cambini & Laura Rondi, 2009.
"Access Regulation, Financial Structure and Investment in Vertically Integrated Utilities:Evidence from EU Telecoms,"
RSCAS Working Papers
2009/68, European University Institute.
- Carlo Cambini & Laura Rondi, 2009. "Access Regulation, Financial Structure and Investment in Vertically Integrated Utilities: Evidence from EU Telecoms," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 68, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Kavetsos, Georgios & Koutroumpis, Pantelis, 2011. "Technological affluence and subjective well-being," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 742-753.
- David M. Byrne & John G. Fernald & Marshall B. Reinsdorf, 2016.
"Does the United States Have a Productivity Slowdown or a Measurement Problem?,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 47(1 (Spring), pages 109-182.
- Byrne, David M. & Reinsdorf, Marshall B. & Fernald, John G., 2016. "Does the United States have a Productivity Slowdown or a Measurement Problem," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-17, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Byrne, David M. & Fernald, John G. & Reinsdorf, Marshall B., 2016. "Does the United States have a productivity slowdown or a measurement problem?," Working Paper Series 2016-3, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Kolko, Jed, 2012. "Broadband and local growth," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 100-113.
- Stenberg, Peter L., 2014. "The Farm Bill and Rural Economies: Broadband Investment Over the last Decade," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 173277, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Madureira, António & den Hartog, Frank & Bouwman, Harry & Baken, Nico, 2013. "Empirical validation of Metcalfe’s law: How Internet usage patterns have changed over time," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 246-256.
- Nakamura, Leonard I. & Soloveichik, Rachel, 2015. "Valuing “free” media across countries in GDP," Working Papers 15-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Chad Syverson, 2017.
"Challenges to Mismeasurement Explanations for the US Productivity Slowdown,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 31(2), pages 165-186, Spring.
- Chad Syverson, 2016. "Challenges to Mismeasurement Explanations for the U.S. Productivity Slowdown," NBER Working Papers 21974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Mayo & Scott Wallsten, 2011. "From Network Externalities to Broadband Growth Externalities: a Bridge not yet Built," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 38(2), pages 173-190, March.
- Lucia Bazzucchi, 2012. "Nuovi strumenti di sviluppo locale: l’effetto delle infrastrutture digitali sulla creazione di lavoro autonomo. Analisi di un caso applicato nello stato di New York," Working Papers 1208, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
- Catherine L. Mann, 2015. "Information Lost: Will the "Paradise" That Information Promises, to Both Consumer and Firm, Be "Lost" on Account of Data Breaches? The Epic is Playing Out," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Analysis of the Digital Economy, pages 309-351 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bourreau, Marc & Cambini, Carlo & Hoernig, Steffen, 2012. "Ex ante regulation and co-investment in the transition to next generation access," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 399-406.
- Greenstein, Shane & McDevitt, Ryan, 2011.
"Evidence of a modest price decline in US broadband services,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 200-211, June.
- Shane Greenstein & Ryan C. McDevitt, 2010. "Evidence of a Modest Price Decline in US Broadband Services," NBER Working Papers 16166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Connolly Michelle & Prieger James E., 2013. "A Basic Analysis of Entry and Exit in the US Broadband Market, 2005–2008," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 229-270, September.
More about this item
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:14758. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .