Horizontal Integration for Bargaining Power: Evidence from the Cable Television Industry
No abstract is available for this item.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 4 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2 (Summer)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/research/journals/JEMS/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1058-6407&site=1|
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Aviv Nevo & Robert Town, 2015.
"Mergers When Prices Are Negotiated: Evidence from the Hospital Industry,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(1), pages 172-203, January.
- Gautam Gowrisankaran & Aviv Nevo & Robert Town, 2013. "Mergers When Prices are Negotiated: Evidence from the Hospital Industry," NBER Working Papers 18875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mary T Kelly & John S Ying, 2014. "Testing the Effectiveness of Regulation and Competition on Cable Television Rates," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 387-404, June.
- John S. Ying & Mary T. Kelly, 2007. "Testing the Effectiveness of Regulation and Competition on Cable Television Rates," Working Papers 07-07, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Mary T. Kelly & John S. Ying, 2013. "Testing the Effectiveness of Regulation and Competition on Cable Television Rates," Working Papers 13-06, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Mary T. Kelly & John S. Ying, 2009. "Testing the Effectiveness of Regulation and Competition on Cable Television Rates," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series 3, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Yongmin Chen & Scott J Savage, 2011. "The Effects of Competition on the Price for Cable Modem Internet Access," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(1), pages 201-217, February.
- Yongmin Chen & Scott J. Savage, 2007. "The Effects Of Competition On The Price For Cable Modem Internet Access," Working Papers 07-13, NET Institute.
- Gregory Crawford, 2008. "The discriminatory incentives to bundle in the cable television industry," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 41-78, March.
- David Davis, 2014. "Buyer Alliances as Countervailing Power in WIC Infant-Formula Auctions," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 45(2), pages 121-138, September.
- Davis, David E., 2011. "Buyer Alliances as Countervailing Power in WIC Infant-Formula Auctions," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123863, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Davis, David E., 2011. "Buyer Alliances as Countervailing Power in WIC Infant-Formula Auctions," SDSU Working Papers in Progress 12011, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
- Gregory S. Crawford, 2015. "The economics of television and online video markets," ECON - Working Papers 197, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Davis, Douglas D. & Wilson, Bart J., 2008. "Strategic buyers, horizontal mergers and synergies: An experimental investigation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 643-661, May.
- Douglas D. Davis & Bart J. Wilson, 2006. "Strategic Buyers, Horizontal Mergers and Synergies: An Experimental Investigation," Working Papers 0601, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Kasuga, Norihro & Manabu, Shishikura & Masanori, Kondo, 2007. "Platform Competition in Pay-TV Market," MPRA Paper 5694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Klein, Gordon J., 2013. "Bargaining power and local heroes," DICE Discussion Papers 87, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE), University of Düsseldorf.
- Heimeshoff, Ulrich & Klein, Gordon, 2014. "Bargaining Power and Local Heroes," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100475, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Evan Kwerel & Johathan Levy & Robert Pepper & David Sappington & Donald Stockdale & John Williams, 2002. "Economic Issues at the Federal Communications Commission," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 21(4), pages 337-356, December.
- Crawford, Gregory S., 2015. "The Economics of Television and Online Video Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 10676, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dana, James D., 2012. "Buyer groups as strategic commitments," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 470-485.
- Zhou, Yuan & Xie, Jinxing, 2014. "Potentially self-defeating: Group buying in a two-tier supply chain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 42-52.
- Waterman, David, 1996. "Local monopsony and free riders," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 337-355, December.
- Snyder, Christopher M., 1998. "Why do larger buyers pay lower prices? Intense supplier competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 205-209, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jemstr:v:4:y:1995:i:2:p:375-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed