Why the music industry may gain from free downloading -- The role of sampling
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takeyama, Lisa N, 1994. "The Welfare Implications of Unauthorized Reproduction of Intellectual Property in the Presence of Demand Network Externalities," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 155-166, June.
- Kathleen Reavis Conner & Richard P. Rumelt, 1991. "Software Piracy: An Analysis of Protection Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 125-139, February.
- Martin Peitz & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2005.
"An Economist's Guide to Digital Music,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 51(2-3), pages 359-428.
- Peitz, Martin & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2004. "An Economist's Guide to Digital Music," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 32, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Martin Peitz & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2004. "An Economist’s Guide to Digital Music," CESifo Working Paper Series 1333, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stan J. Liebowitz, 2005. "Pitfalls in Measuring the Impact of File-sharing on the Sound Recording Market," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 51(2-3), pages 435-473.
- Martin Peitz & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2004. "The Effect of Internet Piracy on CD Sales: Cross-Section Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 1122, CESifo Group Munich.
- Oz Shy & Jacques-Françlois Thisse, 1999. "A Strategic Approach to Software Protection," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 163-190, 06.
- SHY, Oz & THISSE, Jacques-François, "undated". "A strategic approach to software protection," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1413, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Anne Duchene & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2005. "Peer-to-peer, piracy and the copyright law: implications for consumers and artists," Chapters,in: Developments in the Economics of Copyright, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:24:y:2006:i:5:p:907-913. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.