Advertising efficiency and the choice of media mix: a case of beer
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leibenstein, Harvey, 1973. "Competition and X-Efficiency: Reply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 765-77, May-June.
- Tremblay, Victor J, 1985. "Strategic Groups and the Demand for Beer," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(2), pages 183-98, December.
- Henry W. Kinnucan & Yuliang Miao, 1999. "Media-specific returns to generic advertising: The case of catfish," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 81-99.
- Porter, Michael E, 1976. "Interbrand Choice, Media Mix and Market Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 398-406, May.
- Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988.
"An Empirical Analysis Of Dynamic, Non-Price Competition In An Oligopolistic Industry,"
3-88-14, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Mark J. Roberts & Larry Samuelson, 1988. "An Empirical Analysis of Dynamic, Nonprice Competition in an Oligopolistic Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(2), pages 200-220, Summer.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1985. " Nonparametric Cost Approach to Scale Efficiency," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(4), pages 594-604.
- Alvin Silk & Lisa Klein & Ernst Berndt, 2002. "Intermedia Substitutability and Market Demand by National Advertisers," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 323-348, June.
- Seldon, Barry J. & Jewell, R. Todd & O'Brien, Daniel M., 2000. "Media substitution and economies of scale in advertising," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1153-1180, December.
- Pritchett, James G. & Liu, Donald J. & Kaiser, Harry M., 1998. "Optimal Choice Of Generic Milk Advertising Expenditures By Media Outlet," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(01), July.
- Seldon, Barry J. & Jung, Chulho, 1993. "Derived demand for advertising messages and substitutability among the media," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 71-86.
- Slade, Margaret E, 1995. "Product Rivalry with Multiple Strategic Weapons: An Analysis of Price and Advertising Competition," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 445-76, Fall.
- Stephen Farr & Carol Horton Tremblay & Victor Tremblay, 2001. "The Welfare Effect of Advertising Restrictions in the U.S. Cigarette Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 147-160, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:22:y:2004:i:4:p:503-522. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.