Media Substitution in Advertising: A Spirited Case Study
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Frank, Mark W., 2008. "Media substitution in advertising: A spirited case study," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 308-326, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jon Nelson, 2005. "Beer Advertising and Marketing Update: Structure, Conduct, and Social Costs," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 26(3), pages 269-306, December.
- Victor J. Tremblay & Carol Horton Tremblay, 2005. "The US Brewing Industry: Data and Economic Analysis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262201518, January.
- Rajeev Goel & Michael Nelson, 2005. "Tobacco policy and tobacco use: differences across tobacco types, gender and age," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 765-771.
- Henry Saffer & Dhaval Dave, 2002. "Alcohol consumption and alcohol advertising bans," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(11), pages 1325-1334.
- Jon Nelson, 2003. "Advertising Bans, Monopoly, and Alcohol Demand: Testing for Substitution Effects using State Panel Data," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 22(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Nelson, Jon P. & Young, Douglas J., 2001. "Do Advertising Bans Work? An International Comparison," Working Papers 6-01-1, Pennsylvania State University, Department of Economics.
- Henry Saffer, 2000. "Alcohol Advertising And Motor Vehicle Fatalities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(3), pages 431-442, August.
- Seldon, Barry J. & Jewell, R. Todd & O'Brien, Daniel M., 2000. "Media substitution and economies of scale in advertising," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1153-1180, December.
- Hirofumi Uzawa, 1962. "Production Functions with Constant Elasticities of Substitution," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(4), pages 291-299.
- Anderson, Richard G & Thursby, Jerry G, 1986. "Confidence Intervals for Elasticity Estimators in Translog Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 647-656, November.
- Chambers,Robert G., 1988. "Applied Production Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314275.
- Robert P. Leone, 1995. "Generalizing What Is Known About Temporal Aggregation and Advertising Carryover," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 141-150.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Savin, N Eugene, 1975. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Singular Equation Systems with Autoregressive Disturbances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 937-957, Sept.-Nov.
- Saffer, Henry, 1991.
"Alcohol advertising bans and alcohol abuse: An international perspective,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 65-79, May.
- Henry Saffer, 1989. "Alcohol Advertising Bans and Alcohol Abuse: An International Perspective," NBER Working Papers 3052, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saffer, Henry & Chaloupka, Frank, 2000. "The effect of tobacco advertising bans on tobacco consumption," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 1117-1137, November.
- Alvin Silk & Lisa Klein & Ernst Berndt, 2002. "Intermedia Substitutability and Market Demand by National Advertisers," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(4), pages 323-348, June.
- repec:mes:challe:v:31:y:1988:i:4:p:56-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seldon, Barry J. & Jung, Chulho, 1993. "Derived demand for advertising messages and substitutability among the media," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 71-86.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tanja Greiner & Marco Sahm, 2011. "How Effective are Advertising Bans? On the Demand for Quality in Two-Sided Media Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 3524, CESifo Group Munich.
- He, Xi & Lopez, Rigoberto A. & Liu, Yizao, 2015.
"Substitution between Online and Offline Advertising: Evidence from the Carbonated Soft Drink Industry,"
2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California
205212, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- He, Xi & Lopez, Rigoberto A. & Liu, Yizao, 2015. "Substitution between Online and Offline Advertising: Evidence from the Carbonated Soft Drink Industry," Working Papers 37, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Peter Scott & James Walker, 2010. "Advertising, promotion, and the competitive advantage of interwar British department stores," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 63(4), pages 1105-1128, November.
- Sahm, Marco & Greiner, Tanja, 2016. "How Effective Are Advertising Bans? On the Demand for Quality in Two-Sided Media Markets," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145724, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shs:wpaper:0606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Raschke). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deshsus.html .