Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization
May 2016, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-17 Non-Tariff Measures When Alternative Regulatory Tools Can Be Chosen
by Marette Stéphan
- 19-32 Mergers and Acquisitions (M&As), Market Structure and Inventive Activity in the Agricultural Biotechnology Industry
by Oehmke James F. & Naseem Anwar
- 33-42 Measuring Bilateral Market Power in International Markets of Vertically Differentiated Agricultural Commodities
by Yamaura Koichi & Xia Tian
- 43-50 Testing for Oligopsony Power in the US Green Skin Avocado Market
by Evans Edward & H. Ballen Fredy
- 51-68 Innovation in the Seed Market: The Role of IPRs and Commercialization Rules
by Baudry Marc & Hervouet Adrien
- 69-79 Modeling US Farmer Soybean Seed Choice with Path Dependencies: Inevitable Patented Seed Market Dominance?
by Jenson Robert A. & McIntosh Christopher Richard
- 81-89 Partial Adherence to Voluntary Quality Standards for Experience Goods
by Winfree Jason
- 91-108 Investigating the Price Transmission Mechanisms of Greek Fresh Potatoes, Tomatoes and Cucumbers Markets
by Rezitis Anthony N. & Pachis Dimitris N.
- 109-119 Channel Concentration and Retail Prices: Evidence from the Traditional Cheese Market of Cyprus
by Markidou Anna & Michis Antonis
- 121-131 Price Dependence between Different Beef Cuts and Quality Grades: A Copula Approach at the Retail Level for the U.S. Beef Industry
by Panagiotou Dimitrios & Stavrakoudis Athanassios
- 133-139 Factors Associated with Alcoholic Beverages Consumption in Russia: A Discrete Choice Model
by Yormirzoev Mirzobobo & Gabrielyan Gnel
January 2015, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-4 The Behavioral and Neuroeconomics of Food and Brand Decisions: Executive Summary
by Bruce Amanda & Crespi John & Lusk Jayson
- 5-14 Cognitive Neuroscience Perspectives on Food Decision-Making: A Brief Introduction
by Lepping Rebecca J. & Papa Vlad B. & Martin Laura E.
- 15-31 Marketing Placebo Effects – From Behavioral Effects to Behavior Change?
by Enax Laura & Weber Bernd
- 33-43 The Role of Knowledge in Choice, Valuation, and Outcomes for Multi-Attribute Goods
by Gustafson Christopher R.
- 45-54 Brands and Food-Related Decision Making in the Laboratory: How Does Food Branding Affect Acute Consumer Choice, Preference, and Intake Behaviours? A Systematic Review of Recent Experimental Findings
by Boyland Emma J. & Christiansen Paul
- 55-72 Modeling Eye Movements and Response Times in Consumer Choice
by Krajbich Ian & Smith Stephanie M.
- 73-81 Visual Attention and Choice: A Behavioral Economics Perspective on Food Decisions
by Grebitus Carola & Roosen Jutta & Seitz Carolin Claudia
- 83-88 Towards Alternative Ways to Measure Attitudes Related to Consumption: Introducing Startle Reflex Modulation
by Koller Monika & Walla Peter
- 89-99 I Can’t Wait: Methods for Measuring and Moderating Individual Differences in Impulsive Choice
by Peterson Jennifer R. & Hill Catherine C. & Marshall Andrew T. & Stuebing Sarah L. & Kirkpatrick Kimberly
- 101-111 A Cup Today or a Pot Later: On the Discounting of Delayed Caffeinated Beverages
by Jarmolowicz David P. & Lemley Shea M. & Cruse Dylan & Sofis Michael J.
- 113-119 Are Consumers as Constrained as Hens are Confined? Brain Activations and Behavioral Choices after Informational Influence
by Francisco Alex J. & Bruce Jared M. & Lim Seung-Lark & Bruce Amanda S. & Crespi John M. & Lusk Jayson L. & McFadden Brandon & Aupperle Robin L.
January 2014, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-22 Expanding the Shopping Cart or Improving Its Contents: A Study on “Modern” Retail in India
by Roy Devesh & Joshi Pramod Kumar & Karandikar Bhushana & Joshi Shwetima & Sonkar Vinay Kumar
- 1-9 Economic Benefits Coming from the Absence of Labels Proliferation
by Marette Stéphan
- 1-33 Quantitative Price Tests in Antitrust Market Definition with an Application to the Savory Snacks Markets
by Katsoulacos Yannis & Metsiou Eleni & Tsionas Efthymios & Konstantakopoulou Ioanna
- 1-20 Open Innovation in the Food and Drink Industry
by Pellegrini Luisa & Lazzarotti Valentina & Manzini Raffaella
- 1-18 The Costs of GM and Non-GM Co-existence in Processed Food Systems – Demonstrated for the Cases of the German Supply Chains of Chocolate and Frozen Pizza
by Gabriel Andreas & Menrad Klaus
- 1-17 Policy Analysis in Welfare and Policy Spaces: Applications to the Labyrinthine U.S. Ethanol Policy Literature
by Bullock David S. & Couleau Anabelle
- 1-14 Emergence of Organic Farming under Imperfect Competition: Economic Conditions and Policy Instruments
by Jaeck Mélanie & Lifran Robert & Stahn Hubert
- 1-12 Analysing Farmers’ Use of Price Hedging Instruments: An Experimental Approach
by Anastassiadis Friederike & Feil Jan-Henning & Musshoff Oliver & Schilling Philipp
- 1-11 Measuring Sunk Costs in Agricultural and Food Industry Assets: Why Some Assets Sell Below Appraisal
by Boland Michael A. & Crespi John M. & Turner Tracy M.
December 2013, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 151-162 The Cooperative Yardstick Revisited: Panel Evidence from the European Dairy Sectors
by Hanisch Markus & Müller Malte & Rommel Jens
October 2012, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-28 Picking Apples: Can Multi-Attribute Ecolabels Compete?
by Durham Catherine A. & Roheim Cathy A. & Pardoe Iain
- 1-24 Processor's Preferences and Basic Differentiation Strategies for Potatoes, Milk, and Wheat in Switzerland
by Boesch Irene & Weber Michael
- 1-15 Can Labeling and Information Policies Harm Consumers?
by Lusk Jayson L. & Marette Stéphan
July 2011, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-33 Livestock Mandatory Price Reporting: A Literature Review and Synthesis of Related Market Information Research
by Koontz Stephen R & Ward Clement E
- 1-37 Price Transmission and Volatility in the Greek Broiler Sector: A Threshold Cointegration Analysis
by Rezitis Anthony N & Stavropoulos Konstantinos S
- 1-19 Pressure Group Competition and GMO Regulations in Sub-Saharan Africa - Insights from the Becker Model
by Takeshima Hiroyuki & Gruère Guillaume P
November 2010, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-13 The Impact of Perceived Prices on Willingness to Pay in Experimental Auctions
by Colson Gregory & Corrigan Jay R & Rousu Matthew C.
- 1-27 Prices, Promotions, and Supermarket Mergers
by Davis David E.
December 2009, Volume 7, Issue 2
- 1-29 The Psychology of Eco-Consumption
by Teisl Mario F. & Noblet Caroline L. & Rubin Jonathan
- 1-8 Quality Promotion through Eco-Labeling: Introduction to the Special Issue
by Costa Sandine & Ibanez Lisette & Loureiro Maria L. & Marette Stéphan
- 1-29 Public vs. Private Eco-Labeling of Environmental Credence Goods: Maximizing the Gains from International Integration
by Sheldon Ian M & Roe Brian E
- 1-28 Market Behavior with Environmental Quality Information Costs
by Bougherara Douadia & Piguet Virginie
- 1-27 Impact of Environmental, Societal and Health Information on Consumers' Choices for Nanofood
by Marette Stéphan & Roosen Jutta & Bieberstein Andrea & Blanchemanche Sandrine & Vandermoere Frederic
- 1-25 Organic Food Consumption Patterns
by Monier Sylvette & Hassan Daniel & Nichèle Véronique & Simioni Michel
- 1-24 Standards, Voluntary Labels, and International Trade
by De Freitas Jenny & Bottega Lucie
- 1-21 Certification of Socially Responsible Behavior: Eco-Labels and Fair-Trade Coffee
by Mason Charles F
- 1-20 Wasteful Labeling
by Mahenc Philippe
- 1-18 Labeling Policies and Market Behavior: Quality Standard and Voluntary Label Adoption
by Bottega Lucie & Delacote Philippe & Ibanez Lisette
- 1-13 How Cognitive Biases Can Affect the Performance of Eco-Labeling Schemes
by Beretti Antoine & Grolleau Gilles & Mzoughi Naoufel
October 2009, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-36 Why Did Contracts Supplant the Cash Market in the Broiler Industry? An Economic Analysis Featuring Technological Innovation and Institutional Response
by Dimitri Carolyn & Jaenicke Edward C. & Effland Anne B
- 1-17 Vertical Economies of Scope in Dairy Farming
by Mayen Carlos D & Balagtas Joseph V. & Alexander Corinne E.
December 2008, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 1-19 Biofuels, Policy Options, and Their Implications: Analyses Using Partial and General Equilibrium Approaches
by Tyner Wallace & Taheripour Farzad
- 1-9 Special Issue in Memory of Bruce Gardner 1942-2008: Dedication and Introduction
by Just Richard E. & Schmitz Andrew
- 1-31 Public vs. Private Good Research at Land-Grant Universities
by Rausser Gordon & Simon Leo & Stevens Reid
- 1-29 Monopoly Power, Futures Market Manipulation, and the Oil Price Bubble
by Just David R. & Just Richard E.
- 1-25 Does a Rising Biofuels Tide Raise All Boats? A Study of Cash Rent Determinants for Iowa Farmland under Hay and Pasture
by Du Xiaodong & Hennessy David & Edwards William A.
- 1-24 The Economics of Biofuel Policy and Biotechnology
by Hochman Gal & Sexton Steven E & Zilberman David D
- 1-23 The Economics of the U.S. Ethanol Import Tariff with a Blend Mandate and Tax Credit
by de Gorter Harry & Just David R
- 1-20 Scitovsky Reversals and Efficiency Criteria in Policy Analysis
by Schmitz Andrew & Zerbe Richard O.
October 2008, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-20 Search Costs in Identity-Preserved Agricultural Markets
by Reimer Jeffrey J
- 1-40 Paying for Shelf Space: An Investigation of Merchandising Allowances in the Grocery Industry
by Rennhoff Adam
December 2007, Volume 5, Issue 2
- 1-28 Ethanol: No Free Lunch
by Schmitz Andrew & Moss Charles B. & Schmitz Troy G.
- 1-8 Explorations in Biofuels Economics, Policy, and History: Introduction to the Special Issue
by Gardner Bruce & Tyner Wallace
- 1-36 Potential Land Use Implications of a Global Biofuels Industry
by Gurgel Angelo & Reilly John M & Paltsev Sergey
- 1-29 Technical and Financial Feasibility Analysis of Distributed Bioprocessing Using Regional Biomass Pre-Processing Centers
by Carolan Joseph E. & Joshi Satish V. & Dale Bruce E.
- 1-23 Ethanol Expansion in the Food versus Fuel Debate: How Will Developing Countries Fare?
by Elobeid Amani & Hart Chad
- 1-22 Biofuels Policies in Asian Countries: Impact of the Expanded Biofuels Programs on World Agricultural Markets
by Koizumi Tatsuji & Ohga Keiji
- 1-21 Fueling the Automobile: An Economic Exploration of Early Adoption of Gasoline over Ethanol
by Dimitri Carolyn & Effland Anne
- 1-19 Estimating the Welfare Effects of U.S. Distortions in the Ethanol Market Using a Partial Equilibrium Trade Model
by Martinez-Gonzalez Ariadna & Sheldon Ian M & Thompson Stanley
- 1-13 Policy Alternatives for the Future Biofuels Industry
by Tyner Wallace E.
December 2007, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-19 Scale and Transaction Costs in the U.S. Biopower Industry
by Altman Ira J & Klein Peter G. & Johnson Thomas G.
- 1-32 Cherry Picking: Should Sellers Let Buyers Sort?
by Ferrier Peyton M
December 2006, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-29 Proving Anti-Competitive Conduct in the U.S. Courtroom: Economic Issues with the Courts' Opinions in Pickett v. Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc
by Taylor C. Robert
- 1-38 Market Segmentation Analysis of Preferences for GM Derived Animal Foods in the UK
by Kontoleon Andreas & Yabe Mitsuyasu
December 2005, Volume 3, Issue 2
- 1-26 Ownership Structure and Endogenous Quality Choice: Cooperatives versus Investor-Owned Firms
by Hoffmann Ruben
- 1-19 Private Label Products as Experience Goods
by Bergès-Sennou Fabian & Waterson Michael
February 2005, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-18 Private Label Expansion and Supermarket Milk Prices
by Bonanno Alessandro & Lopez Rigoberto A.
- 1-7 Retailer Strategies in the Food Marketing Chain: Introduction to the Special Issue
by Soler Louis-Georges
- 1-37 Price Rigidity in the German Grocery-Retailing Sector: Scanner-Data Evidence on Magnitude and Causes
by Herrmann Roland & Moeser Anke & Weber Sascha Alexander
- 1-30 Premium Private Labels, Supply Contracts, Market Segmentation, and Spot Prices
by Bazoche Pascale & Giraud-Héraud Eric & Soler Louis-Georges
- 1-25 Loss-Leaders Banning Laws as Vertical Restraints
by Allain Marie-Laure & Chambolle Claire
- 1-23 Grocery Retailer Behavior in Perishable Fresh Produce Procurement
by Sexton Richard J. & Zhang Mingxia & Chalfant James A.
- 1-18 Price Effects of Private Label Development
by Bontemps Christophe & Orozco Valerie & Réquillart Vincent & Trevisiol Audrey
May 2004, Volume 2, Issue 2
- 1-16 GMOs: Prospects for Productivity Increases in Developing Countries
by Evenson Robert E.
- 1-28 Europe's Regulation of Agricultural Biotechnology: Precaution or Trade Distortion?
by Sheldon Ian
- 1-19 Genetically Modified Food Standards as Trade Barriers: Harmonization, Compromise, and Sub-Global Agreements
by Tothova Monika & Oehmke James F.
- 1-18 Agricultural Biotechnology: Productivity, Biodiversity, and Intellectual Property Rights
by Zilberman David & Ameden Holly & Graff Gregory & Qaim Matin
- 1-17 Genetically Modified Organisms: Rights To Use Commodity Names and the Lemons Problem
by Gray Richard & Moss Charles B. & Schmitz Andrew
- 1-16 Did StarLink Reduce Import Demand for Corn?
by Schmitz Troy G. & Schmitz Andrew & Moss Charles B.
- 1-15 Consumer's Resistance to Genetically Modified Foods: The Role of Information in an Uncertain Environment
by Huffman Wallace E. & Rousu Matthew & Shogren Jason F & Tegene Abebayehu
- 1-10 Controversies Over the Adoption of Genetically Modified Organisms: An Overview of the Special Issue
by Schmitz Andrew
December 2004, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-37 Proving Anti-Competitive Conduct in the U.S. Courtroom: The Plaintiff's Argument in Pickett v. Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc.: Comment
by Green Thomas C.
- 1-4 Proving Anti-Competitive Conduct in the U.S. Courtroom: The Plaintiffs' Argument in Pickett v. Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc.: Response to Comment
by Domina David A.
- 1-17 Revisiting the Price Effects of Rising Concentration in U.S. Food Manufacturing
by Dickson Vaughan A & Sun Yingfeng
September 2003, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-18 Vertical Product Differentiation in Theory and Practice
by Eales James & Binkley James K
- 1-25 Agricultural Marketing Institutions: A Response to Quality Disputes
by Dimitri Carolyn
October 2002, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-19 Tough Love: Optimal Enforcement of Output Quotas in the Presence of Cheating
by Giannakas Konstantinos & Fulton Murray
- 1-21 Food Supply Management and Tariffication: A Game Theoretic Approach
by Schmitz Troy G. & Schmitz Andrew
- 1-20 The Gains and Losses from Agricultural Concentration: A Critical Survey of the Literature
by Whitley John
- 1-10 Social Welfare and the Market Power-Efficiency Tradeoff in U.S. Food Processing: A Note
by Lopez Rigoberto A & Lirón-España Carmen