How Effective Are Advertising Bans? On the Demand for Quality in Two-Sided Media Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hans Jarle Kind & Frank Stähler, 2010. "Market Shares in Two-Sided Media Industries," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 166(2), pages 205-211, June.
- Caillaud, Bernard & Jullien, Bruno, 2003. " Chicken & Egg: Competition among Intermediation Service Providers," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(2), pages 309-328, Summer.
- Kerkhof, Anna & Münster, Johannes, 2015. "Quantity restrictions on advertising, commercial media bias, and welfare," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 124-141.
- Kenneth C. Wilbur, 2008. "A Two-Sided, Empirical Model of Television Advertising and Viewing Markets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(3), pages 356-378, 05-06.
- Frank, Mark W., 2008.
"Media substitution in advertising: A spirited case study,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 308-326, January.
- Mark W. Frank, 2006. "Media Substitution in Advertising: A Spirited Case Study," Working Papers 0606, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Seldon, Barry J. & Jewell, R. Todd & O'Brien, Daniel M., 2000. "Media substitution and economies of scale in advertising," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1153-1180, December.
- Peitz, Martin & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2008.
"Content and advertising in the media: Pay-tv versus free-to-air,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 949-965, July.
- Peitz, Martin & Valletti, Tommaso, 2004. "Content and Advertising in the Media: Pay-TV versus Free-To-Air," CEPR Discussion Papers 4771, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Caillaud, Bernard & Jullien, Bruno, 2001. "Competing cybermediaries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 797-808, May.
- Sendhil Mullainathan & Andrei Shleifer, 2005. "The Market for News," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1031-1053, September.
- Christos Kotsogiannis & Konstantinos Serfes, 2010.
"Public Goods and Tax Competition in a Two-Sided Market,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 12(2), pages 281-321, April.
- Christos Kotsogiannis & Konstantinos Serfes, 2008. "Public Goods and Tax Competition in a Two-Sided Market," Discussion Papers 0808, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Tore Nilssen & Lars Sørgard, 2007.
"Competition for Viewers and Advertisers in a TV Oligopoly,"
Journal of Media Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 211-233.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Tore Nilssen & Lars Sørgard, 2006. "Competition for Viewers and Advertisers in a TV Oligopoly," CESifo Working Paper Series 1862, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tanja Greiner & Marco Sahm, 2011. "How Effective are Advertising Bans? On the Demand for Quality in Two-Sided Media Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 3524, CESifo Group Munich.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2005.
"Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 947-972.
- Simon P. Anderson & Stephen Coate, 2003. "Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis," Virginia Economics Online Papers 358, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Blecher, Evan, 2008. "The impact of tobacco advertising bans on consumption in developing countries," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 930-942, July.
- Jean J. Gabszewicz & Didier Laussel & Nathalie Sonnac, 2004.
"Programming and Advertising Competition in the Broadcasting Industry,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 657-669, December.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & LAUSSEL, Didier & SONNAC, Nathalie, 2004. "Programming and advertising competition in the broadcasting industry," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1873, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Reisinger, Markus, 2012. "Platform competition for advertisers and users in media markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 243-252.
- repec:hrv:faseco:33078973 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jorge Ferrando & Jean J. Gabszewicz & Didier Laussel & Nathalie Sonnac, 2008. "Intermarket network externalities and competition: An application to the media industry," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 4(3), pages 357-379.
- Jon P. Nelson, 1999. "Broadcast Advertising and U.S. Demand for Alcoholic Beverages," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 774-790, April.
More about this item
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-03-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-03-05 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CUL-2017-03-05 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2017-03-05 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2017-03-05 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc16:145724. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.