Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Innes, Robert & Sexton, Richard J., 1993. "Customer coalitions, monopoly price discrimination and generic entry deterrence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1569-1597, December.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Caillaud, Bernard & Jullien, Bruno, 2001. "Chicken and Egg: Competing Matchmakers," CEPR Discussion Papers 2885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jullien, Bruno, 2001. "Competing with Network Externalities and Price Discrimination," CEPR Discussion Papers 2883, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Estelle Malavolti, 2016. "Single Till or Dual Till at airports: a Two-Sided Market Analysis," Post-Print hal-01406372, HAL.
- Honohan, Patrick*Vittas, Dimitri, 1996. "Bank regulation and the network paradigm : policy implications for developing and transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1631, The World Bank.
- Cecere, Grazia & Corrocher, Nicoletta & Battaglia, Riccardo David, 2015.
"Innovation and competition in the smartphone industry: Is there a dominant design?,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 162-175.
- Grazia Cecere & Nicoletta Corrocher & Riccardo David Battaglia, 2015. "Innovation and competition in the smartphone industry : is there a dominant design ?," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-02386876, HAL.
- Grazia Cecere & Nicoletta Corrocher & Riccardo David Battaglia, 2015. "Innovation and competition in the smartphone industry : is there a dominant design ?," Post-Print hal-02386876, HAL.
- Slowak, André P., 2009. "Market fields structure & dynamics in industrial automation," FZID Discussion Papers 02-2009, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Jeroen Struben & Brandon H. Lee & Christopher B. Bingham, 2020. "Collective Action Problems and Resource Allocation During Market Formation," Post-Print hal-02927584, HAL.
- Bryan Caplan & Edward Stringham, 2003. "Networks, Law, and the Paradox of Cooperation," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 309-326, December.
- Jing Li & Yulin Zhang, 2021. "More market awareness, more profit? Competitive environments, business expansions, and two‐sided markets," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 42(2), pages 249-267, March.
- Laussel, Didier & Resende, Joana, 2014.
"Dynamic price competition in aftermarkets with network effects,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 106-118.
- Didier Laussel & Joana Resende, 2014. "Dynamic price competition in aftermarkets with network effects," Post-Print hal-01463925, HAL.
- Zhao, Yuntong & Du, Yushen, 2021. "Technical standard competition: An ecosystem-view analysis based on stochastic evolutionary game theory," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 67(C).
- Joel West & Jason Dedrick, 2000. "Innovation and Control in Standards Architectures: The Rise and Fall of Japan's PC-98," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 11(2), pages 197-216, June.
- Paul W.J. de Bijl & Sanjeev Goyal, 2002. "Market Integration and Technological Change," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 19-37, March.
- Małgorzata Knauff & Adam Karbowski, 2021. "R&D Investments in Markets with Network Effects," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 225-250, June.
- Daniel Björkegren, 2022.
"Competition in network industries: Evidence from the Rwandan mobile phone network,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 53(1), pages 200-225, March.
- Daniel Bjorkegren, 2020. "Competition in Network Industries: Evidence from the Rwandan Mobile Phone Network," Working Papers 2020-04, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Gavazza, 2011.
"Demand spillovers and market outcomes in the mutual fund industry,"
RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 42(4), pages 776-804, December.
- Gavazza, Alessandro, 2011. "Demand Spillovers and Market Outcomes in the Mutual Fund Industry," MPRA Paper 30074, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Corrado Benassi & Marcella Scrimitore, 2017.
"Income Distribution in Network Markets,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 251-271, September.
- Corrado Benassi & Marcella Scrimitore, 2013. "Income Distribution in Network Markets," Working Paper series 13_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Corrado Benassi & Marcella Scrimitore, 2015. "Income Distribution in Network Markets," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2015/05, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Netsanet Haile & Jörn Altmann, 2016.
"Structural analysis of value creation in software service platforms,"
Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 26(2), pages 129-142, May.
- Netsanet Haile & Jorn Altmann, 2015. "Structural Analysis of Value Creation in Software Service Platforms," TEMEP Discussion Papers 2015127, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Nov 2015.
- Song, Yang & Berger, Ron & Yosipof, Abraham & Barnes, Bradley R., 2019. "Mining and investigating the factors influencing crowdfunding success," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 148(C).
- Michal Grajek, 2002. "Identification of Network Externalities in Markets for Non-Durables," CIG Working Papers FS IV 02-32, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:45:y:2001:i:4-6:p:797-808. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.