The Welfare Effect of Advertising Restrictions in the U.S. Cigarette Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eckard, E Woodrow, Jr, 1991. "Competition and the Cigarette TV Advertising Ban," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 119-133, January.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1993. "A Simple Theory of Advertising as a Good or Bad," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 941-964.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 1995.
"Cigarette Taxation and the Social Consequences of Smoking,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 9, pages 51-102
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 1994. "Cigarette Taxation and the Social Consequences of Smoking," NBER Working Papers 4891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chaloupka, Frank, 1991. "Rational Addictive Behavior and Cigarette Smoking," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 722-742, August.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Henry Saffer, 1992. "Clean Indoor Air Laws And The Demand For Cigarettes," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 10(2), pages 72-83, April.
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000. "The economics of smoking," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627 Elsevier.
- Keeler, Theodore E. & Hu, Teh-Wei & Barnett, Paul G. & Manning, Williard G., 1993. "Taxation, regulation, and addiction: A demand function for cigarettes based on time-series evidence," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-18, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Ujhelyi, Gergely, 2010. "Regulating misinformation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(3-4), pages 247-257, April.
- Ulrich Doraszelski & Sarit Markovich, 2007. "Advertising dynamics and competitive advantage," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(3), pages 557-592, September.
- Gregmar Galinato & Aaron Olanie & Jon Yoder, 2013. "The Trade and Health Effects of Tobacco Regulations," Working Papers 2013-09, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
- Stivers, Andrew & Tremblay, Victor J., 2005. "Advertising, search costs, and social welfare," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 317-333, July.
- Carlos E. Carpio & Olga Isengildina-Massa, 2016.
"Does Government-sponsored Advertising Increase Social Welfare? A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 239-259.
- Carpio, Carlos E. & Isengildina-Massa, Olga, 2013. "Does Government Sponsored Advertising Increase Social Welfare? A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149835, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Rossitza B. Wooster & Craig A. Gallet, 2005. "Settling the Smoke: Public Policy and Shareholder Wealth in the Cigarette Industry," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(2), pages 211-223, April.
- Deliana Kostova & Evan Blecher, 2013. "Does Advertising Matter? Estimating The Impact Of Cigarette Advertising On Smoking Among Youth In Developing Countries," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(3), pages 537-548, July.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Seldon, Barry J. & Tremblay, Victor J., 2004. "Advertising efficiency and the choice of media mix: a case of beer," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 503-522, April.
- Craig A. Gallet, 2003. "Advertising and Restrictions in the Cigarette Industry: Evidence of State-by-State Variation," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(3), pages 338-348, July.
- Victor J. Tremblay & Kumiko Okuyama, 2001. "Advertising Restrictions, Competition, And Alcohol Consumption," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(3), pages 313-321, July.
- Michael Vardanyan & Victor J. Tremblay, 2006. "The measurement of marketing efficiency in the presence of spillovers: theory and evidence," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(5), pages 319-331.
More about this item
KeywordsAdvertising; cigarette industry; social welfare;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:18:y:2001:i:2:p:147-160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .