The dynamics of television advertising with boundedly rational consumers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brock, William A. & Hommes, Cars H., 1998.
"Heterogeneous beliefs and routes to chaos in a simple asset pricing model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1235-1274, August.
- Brock, W.A. & Hommes, C.H., 1996. "Hetergeneous Beliefs and Routes to Chaos in a Simple Asset Pricing Model," Working papers 9621, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Robert Kieschnick & B. McCullough & Steven Wildman, 2001. "The Market for Television Advertising: Model and Evidence," Review of Marketing Science Working Papers 1-2-1015, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Seldon, Barry J. & Tremblay, Victor J., 2004. "Advertising efficiency and the choice of media mix: a case of beer," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 503-522, April.
- Ken Smith, 1999. "Preprints Versus Display Advertising: Which is More Profitable for Nondaily Newspapers?," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 233-245.
- Goettler, R., 1999. "Advertising Rates, Audience Composition, and Competition in the Network Television Industry," GSIA Working Papers 1999-28, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Nathalie Sonnac, 2000. "Readers' Attitudes Toward Press Advertising: Are They Ad-Lovers or Ad-Averse?," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 249-259.
- William Branch & George Evans, 2011.
"Monetary policy and heterogeneous expectations,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 47(2), pages 365-393, June.
- George W. Evans & William A.Branch, 2010. "Monetary Policy and Heterogeneous Expectations," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2010-4, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Branch, William A. & Evans, George W., 2010. "Monetary Policy and Heterogeneous Expectations," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-32, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- William A. Branch & George W. Evans, 2010. "Monetary Policy and Heterogeneous Expectations," CDMA Working Paper Series 201011, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Jean J. Gabszewicz & Didier Laussel & Nathalie Sonnac, 2004.
"Programming and Advertising Competition in the Broadcasting Industry,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 657-669, December.
- GABSZEWICZ, Jean J. & LAUSSEL, Didier & SONNAC, Nathalie, 2004. "Programming and advertising competition in the broadcasting industry," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1873, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Anderson, Simon P. & Gabszewicz, Jean J., 2006.
"The Media and Advertising: A Tale of Two-Sided Markets,"
Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture,
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GABSZEWICZ, Jean J., 2005. "The media and advertising : a tale of two-sided markets," CORE Discussion Papers 2005088, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GABSZEWICZ, Jean J., 2006. "The media and advertising: a tale of two-sidedmarkets," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1888, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simon P., ANDERSON & Jean J., GABSZEWICZ, 2005. "The media and advertising : a table of two-sided markets," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005060, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Anderson, Simon P & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold, 2005. "The Media and Advertising: A Tale of Two-Sided Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 5223, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Hirshleifer, 2001. "Investor Psychology and Asset Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(4), pages 1533-1597, August.
- Eun-mee Kim & Steven Wildman, 2006. "A Deeper Look at the Economics of Advertiser Support for Television: The Implications of Consumption-Differentiated Viewers and Ad Addressability," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 55-79.
- Peitz, Martin & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2008.
"Content and advertising in the media: Pay-tv versus free-to-air,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 949-965, July.
- Peitz, Martin & Valletti, Tommaso, 2004. "Content and Advertising in the Media: Pay-TV versus Free-To-Air," CEPR Discussion Papers 4771, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Walter McDowell & John Sutherland, 2000. "Choice Versus Chance: Using Brand Equity Theory to Explore TV Audience Lead-in Effects, A Case Study," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 233-247.
- Nathalie Sonnac, 2000. "Readers’ Attitudes Toward Press Advertising : Are They Ad-Lovers or Ad-Averse ?," Working Papers 2000-28, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Leonard Reid & Karen Whitehill King & Hugh Martin & Hyeonjin Soh, 2005. "Local Advertising Decision Makers' Perceptions of Media Effectiveness and Substitutability," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 35-53.
- Gaunersdorfer, Andrea, 2000. "Endogenous fluctuations in a simple asset pricing model with heterogeneous agents," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 799-831, June.
- Esteban, Lola & Gil, Agustin & Hernandez, Jose M, 2001. "Informative Advertising and Optimal Targeting in a Monopoly," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(2), pages 161-180, June.
More about this item
KeywordsTelevision advertising; Networks’ profit maximization; Heterogeneous viewers; Ad addressability; Bounded rationality; Nonlinear dynamics;
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2007-04-28 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2007-04-28 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2007-04-28 (Marketing)
- NEP-UPT-2007-04-28 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:2847. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.