Naked slotting fees for vertical control of multi-product retail markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Innes, Robert & Hamilton, Stephen, 2004. "Naked Slotting Fees for Vertical Control of Multi-Product Retail Markets," Working Papers 201545, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rubinstein, Ariel, 1982. "Perfect Equilibrium in a Bargaining Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 97-109, January.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1998.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(1), pages 64-103, February.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, "undated". "Exclusive Dealing," Working Papers 96008, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1996. "Exclusive Dealing," NBER Working Papers 5666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernheim, B.D., 1992. "Exclusive Dealing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1622, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rasmusen, Eric B & Ramseyer, J Mark & Wiley, John S, Jr, 1991. "Naked Exclusion," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1137-1145, December.
- Whinston, Michael D, 1990. "Tying, Foreclosure, and Exclusion," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 837-859, September.
- Carbajo, Jose & de Meza, David & Seidmann, Daniel J, 1990. "A Strategic Motivation for Commodity Bundling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 283-298, March.
- Akshay R. Rao & Humaira Mahi, 2003. "The Price of Launching a New Product: Empirical Evidence on Factors Affecting the Relative Magnitude of Slotting Allowances," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 246-268, January.
- Butz, David A & Kleit, Andrew N, 2001. "Are Vertical Restraints Pro- or Anticompetitive? Lessons from Interstate Circuit," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 131-159, April.
- Reiffen, David, 1999. "On the equivalence of resale price maintenance and quantity restrictions," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 277-288, February.
- Daniel P. O'Brien & Greg Shaffer, 1992. "Vertical Control with Bilateral Contracts," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(3), pages 299-308, Autumn.
- Stephen F. Hamilton, 2003. "Slotting Allowances as a Facilitating Practice by Food Processors in Wholesale Grocery Markets: Profitability and Welfare Effects," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 797-813.
- W. Bentley MacLeod & James M. Malcomson, 1995.
"Contract Bargaining with Symmetric Information,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(2), pages 336-367, May.
- MacLeod, W.B. & Malcomson, J.M., 1994. "Contract bargaining with symmetric information," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9409, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Ralph A. Winter, 1993. "Vertical Control and Price Versus Nonprice Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 61-76.
- Greg Shaffer, 1991. "Slotting Allowances and Resale Price Maintenance: A Comparison of Facilitating Practices," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(1), pages 120-135, Spring.
- Wujin Chu, 1992. "Demand Signalling and Screening in Channels of Distribution," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(4), pages 327-347.
- Sullivan, Mary W, 1997. "Slotting Allowances and the Market for New Products," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 461-493, October.
- McAfee, R Preston & Schwartz, Marius, 1994. "Opportunism in Multilateral Vertical Contracting: Nondiscrimination, Exclusivity, and Uniformity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 210-230, March.
- Martin A. Lariviere & V. Padmanabhan, 1997. "Slotting Allowances and New Product Introductions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 112-128.
- Timothy J. Richards, 2004. "Slotting Allowances as Real Options: An Alternative Explanation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(4), pages 675-696, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Bontems, Philippe & Lepore, Jason, 2015.
"Oligopoly intermediation, relative rivalry and market conduct,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 49-59.
- Stephen Hamilton & Philippe Bontems & Jason Lepore, 2015. "Oligopoly intermediation, relative rivalry and market conduct," Post-Print hal-01183029, HAL.
- Yaron Yehezkel, 2014. "Motivating a Supplier to Test Product Quality," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 309-345, June.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:158:y:2017:i:c:p:34-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stéphane Caprice & Vanessa Schlippenbach, 2013.
"One-Stop Shopping as a Cause of Slotting Fees: A Rent-Shifting Mechanism,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 468-487, September.
- Caprice, Stéphane & von Schlippenbach, Vanessa, 2013. "One-stop shopping as a cause of slotting fees: A rent-shifting mechanism," DICE Discussion Papers 97, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Hamilton, Stephen & Innes, Robert, 2017.
"Slotting allowances and retail product variety under oligopoly,"
Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 34-36.
- Innes, Robert & Hamilton, Stephen F., 2010. "Slotting Allowances and Retail Product Variety under Oligopoly," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 60948, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Robert Innes & Stephen F. Hamilton, 2009. "Vertical restraints and horizontal control," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 40(1), pages 120-143.
- Roman Inderst & Greg Shaffer, 2010. "Market-share contracts as facilitating practices," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 41(4), pages 709-729.
- Bontems, Philippe & Dhar, Tirtha & Chavas, Jean- Paul, 2007. "Role of Bargaining in Marketing Channel Games of Quality Choice and Profit Share," Working Papers 201521, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
- Karp, Larry & Perloff, Jeffrey, 2011. "The iPhone Goes Downstream: Mandatory Universal Distributionâˆ—," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7vc007jh, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Karp, Larry S. & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2011. "The iPhone goes downstream: mandatory universal distribution," CUDARE Working Papers 123636, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:24:y:2006:i:2:p:303-318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.