The Economics of Slotting Contracts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1993. "A Simple Theory of Advertising as a Good or Bad," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 941-964.
- Adam D. Rennhoff, 2004. "Paying For Shelf Space: An Investigation Of Merchandising Allowances In The Grocery Industry," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 084, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Leslie M. Marx & Greg Shaffer, 2007. "Upfront payments and exclusion in downstream markets," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(3), pages 823-843, September.
- Preyas S. Desai, 2000. "Multiple Messages to Retain Retailers: Signaling New Product Demand," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(4), pages 381-389, August.
- Elitzak, Howard, 1999. "Food Cost Review, 1950-97," Agricultural Economics Reports 34053, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ralph A. Winter, 1993. "Vertical Control and Price Versus Nonprice Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 61-76.
- Klein, Benjamin & Murphy, Kevin M, 1988. "Vertical Restraints as Contract Enforcement Mechanisms," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 265-297, October.
- Greg Shaffer, 1991. "Slotting Allowances and Resale Price Maintenance: A Comparison of Facilitating Practices," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(1), pages 120-135, Spring.
- Rennhoff, Adam D., 2004. "Paying For Shelf Space: An Investigation Of Merchandising Allowances In The Grocery Industry," Research Reports 25155, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:10:1564-1566_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kaufman, Phillip R. & Handy, Charles R. & McLaughlin, Edward W. & Park, Kristen & Green, Geoffrey M., 2000. "Understanding The Dynamics Of Produce Markets: Consumption And Consolidation Grow," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33747, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Patrick Rey & Jeanine Thal & Thibaud Vergé, 2006. "Slotting Allowances and Conditional Payments," Working Papers 2006-23, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Sullivan, Mary W, 1997. "Slotting Allowances and the Market for New Products," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 461-493, October.
- Martin A. Lariviere & V. Padmanabhan, 1997. "Slotting Allowances and New Product Introductions," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(2), pages 112-128.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-641, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Øystein Foros & Hans Jarle Kind & Jan Yngve Sand, 2009.
"Slotting Allowances and Manufacturers’ Retail Sales Effort,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 266-282, July.
- Oystein Foros & Hans Jarle Kind & Jan Yngve Sand, 2008. "Slotting Allowances and Manufacturers’ Retail Sales Effort," CESifo Working Paper Series 2396, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pfeiffer, Thomas, 2016. "A comparison of simple two-part supply chain contracts," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 114-124.
- Johannes Paha, 2017. "Wholesale Pricing with Incomplete Information about Private Label Products," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201736, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Nakamura, Ryota & Pechey, Rachel & Suhrcke, Marc & Jebb, Susan A. & Marteau, Theresa M., 2014. "Sales impact of displaying alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages in end-of-aisle locations: An observational study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 68-73.
- Wang, Jian-Cai & Lau, Amy Hing-Ling & Lau, Hon-Shiang, 2012. "Practical and effective contracts for the dominant retailer of a newsvendor product with price-sensitive demand," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 46-54.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:158:y:2017:i:c:p:34-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adam D. Rennhoff, 2009. "The Competitive Effects of “Consideration Payments”: Lessons from Radio Payola," Working Papers 200904, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Adam Rennhoff, 2010. "The Consequences of “Consideration Payments”: Lessons from Radio Payola," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 36(2), pages 133-147, March.
- Pio Baake & Vanessa Schlippenbach, 2014. "The Impact of Upfront Payments on Assortment Decisions in Retailing," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 44(1), pages 95-111, February.
- Lømo, Teis Lunde & Ulsaker, Simen Aardal, 2016. "Promotional allowances," Working Papers in Economics 08/16, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Radaev, Vadim, 2014. "Time will tell? Medium-term effects of the use of the Trade Act," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, pages 75-98, October.
- Mikhael Shor, 2008. "An experiment on strategic capacity reduction," Working papers 2012-22, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- D. Johnsen, 2009. "The Ethics of “Commercial Bribery”: Integrative Social Contract Theory Meets Transaction Cost Economics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(4), pages 791-803, October.
- Rajagopalan, S. & Xia, Nan, 2012. "Product variety, pricing and differentiation in a supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(1), pages 84-93.
- Kuo, Chia-Wei & Yang, Shu-Jung Sunny, 2013. "The role of store brand positioning for appropriating supply chain profit under shelf space allocation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(1), pages 88-97.
- Hamilton, Stephen & Innes, Robert, 2017.
"Slotting allowances and retail product variety under oligopoly,"
Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 34-36.
- Innes, Robert & Hamilton, Stephen F., 2010. "Slotting Allowances and Retail Product Variety under Oligopoly," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 60948, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Joshua D. Wright, 2010. "The Chicago School, Transaction Cost Economics, and Antitrust," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Transaction Cost Economics, chapter 23 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:50:y:2007:p:421-454. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.