Absorptive capacity and connectedness: Why competing firms also adopt identical R&D approaches
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis, 1988.
"Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in Duopoly with Spillovers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1133-1137, December.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & JACQUEMIN, Alexis, 1988. "Cooperative and noncooperative R&D in duopoly with spillovers," CORE Discussion Papers RP 823, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Amir, Rabah, 2000.
"Modelling imperfectly appropriable R&D via spillovers,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 1013-1032, October.
- Rabah Amir, 1998. "Modelling Imperfectly Appropriable R&D via Spillovers," CIE Discussion Papers 1998-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Anbarci, Nejat & Lemke, Robert & Roy, Santanu, 2002. "Inter-firm complementarities in R&D: a re-examination of the relative performance of joint ventures," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 191-213, February.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Perez-Castrillo, David & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2002.
"Endogenizing know-how flows through the nature of R&D investments,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 775-799, June.
- Bruno Cassiman & David Pérez Castrillo & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2000. "Endogeneizing know-how flows through the nature of R&D investments," Economics Working Papers 512, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 2001.
- David Pérez-Castrillo & Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2000. "Endogeneizing know-how flows through the nature of R&D investments," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 464.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Cassiman, Bruno & Pérez-Castrillo, J David & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2000. "Endogenizing Know-How Flows Through the Nature of R&D Investments," CEPR Discussion Papers 2622, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Pérez-Castrillo, David, 2000. "Endogenizing know-how flows through the nature of R&D investments," IESE Research Papers D/428, IESE Business School.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Suzumura, Kotaro, 1992. "Cooperative and Noncooperative R&D in an Oligopoly with Spillovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1307-1320, December.
- Baumol, William J., 2001. "When is inter-firm coordination beneficial? The case of innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 727-737, April.
- Kamien, Morton I & Muller, Eitan & Zang, Israel, 1992. "Research Joint Ventures and R&D Cartels," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1293-1306, December.
- Joanna Poyago-Theotoky, 1999. "A Note on Endogenous Spillovers in a Non-Tournament R & D Duopoly," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(3), pages 253-262, November.
- von Hippel, Eric, 1987. "Cooperation between rivals: Informal know-how trading," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 291-302, December.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Zang, Israel, 2000. "Meet me halfway: research joint ventures and absorptive capacity," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 995-1012, October.
- Cockburn, Iain M & Henderson, Rebecca M, 1998. "Absorptive Capacity, Coauthoring Behavior, and the Organization of Research in Drug Discovery," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 157-182, June.
- Hauenschild, Nils, 2003. "On the role of input and output spillovers when R&D projects are risky," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(8), pages 1065-1089, October.
- Kultti, Klaus & Takalo, Tuomas, 1998. "R&D spillovers and information exchange," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 121-123, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anna Stepanova & Antonio Tesoriere, 2011. "R&D With Spillovers: Monopoly Versus Noncooperative And Cooperative Duopoly," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 79(1), pages 125-144, January.
- Hammerschmidt, Anna, 2006. "A strategic investment game with endogenous absorptive capacity," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 106, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Amir, Rabah & Jin, Jim Y. & Troege, Michael, 2008. "On additive spillovers and returns to scale in R&D," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 695-703, May.
- Versaevel Bruno & Vencatachellum Désiré, 2009.
"R&D Delegation in a Duopoly with Spillovers,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-42, December.
- Désiré Vencatachellum & Bruno Versaevel, 2005. "R&D Delegation in a Duopoly with Spillovers," Cahiers de recherche 05-01, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Désiré Vencatachellum & Bruno Versaevel, 2006. "R&D Delegation in a Duopoly with Spillovers," Post-Print halshs-00142520, HAL.
- Bruno Versaevel & Désiré Vencatachellum, 2006. "R&D Delegation in a Duopoly with Spillovers," Working Papers 0610, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Giovanni Cerulli & Roberto Gabriele & Bianca Potì, 2016.
"The role of firm R&D effort and collaboration as mediating drivers of innovation policy effectiveness,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5), pages 426-447, July.
- Giovanni Cerulli & Roberto Gabriele & Bianca Poti', 2015. "The Role of Firm RD Effort and Collaboration as Mediating Drivers of Innovation Policy Effectiveness," DEM Discussion Papers 2015/01, Department of Economics and Management.
- Clark, Derek J. & Sand, Jan Yngve, 2010.
"Endogenous technology sharing in R&D intensive industries,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 4, pages 1-48.
- Clark, Derek J. & Sand, Jan Yngve, 2009. "Endogenous Technology Sharing in R&D Intensive Industries," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-28, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Luo, Jianli, 2013. "Absorptive capacity and R&D strategy in mixed duopoly with labor-managed and profit-maximizing firms," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 433-439.
- Mário Alexandre Patrício Martins da Silva, 2015. "Absorptive capacity and space," FEP Working Papers 564, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Abiodun Egbetokun & Ivan Savin, 2014.
"Absorptive capacity and innovation: when is it better to cooperate?,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 399-420, April.
- Abiodun Egbetokun & Ivan Savin, 2012. "Absorptive Capacity and Innovation: When Is It Better to Cooperate?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-056, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Rammer, Christian & Köhler, Christian & Murmann, Martin & Pesau, Agnes & Schwiebacher, Franz & Kinkel, Steffen & Kirner, Eva & Schubert, Torben & Som, Oliver, 2010. "Innovationen ohne Forschung und Entwicklung: Eine Untersuchung zu Unternehmen, die ohne eigene FuE-Tätigkeit neue Produkte und Prozesse einführen," Studien zum deutschen Innovationssystem 15-2011, Expertenkommission Forschung und Innovation (EFI) - Commission of Experts for Research and Innovation, Berlin.
- repec:kap:expeco:v:20:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10683-016-9500-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anna Hammerschmidt, 2006. "A strategic investment game with endogenous absorptive capacity," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp092, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Milliou, Chrysovalantou, 2006. "Endogenous protection of R and D investments," UC3M Working papers. Economics we066325, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Samano, Mario & Santugini, Marc & Zaccour, Georges, 2017. "Dynamics in research joint ventures and R&D collaborations," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 70-92.
- repec:spr:joptap:v:157:y:2013:i:1:d:10.1007_s10957-012-0156-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bönte, Werner & Wiethaus, Lars, 2005. "Knowledge Transfer in Buyer-Supplier Relationships - When It (Not) Occurs," RWI Discussion Papers 34, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Hunold, Matthias & Shekhar, Shiva, 2018. "Supply chain innovations and partial ownership," DICE Discussion Papers 281, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:23:y:2005:i:5-6:p:467-481. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.