International Journal of Industrial Organization
2010, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 390-396 Recent U.S. offshore oil and gas lease bidding: A progress report
by Haile, Philip & Hendricks, Kenneth & Porter, Robert
- 397-402 Do sales tax credits stimulate the automobile market?
by Chen, Jiawei & Esteban, Susanna & Shum, Matthew
- 403-406 Empirical analysis of markets with free and restricted entry
by Ferrari, Stijn & Verboven, Frank
- 407-414 Leniency and post-cartel market conduct: Preliminary evidence from parcel tanker shipping
by Asker, John
- 415-422 Competitiveness and interregional as well as international trade: The case of Catalonia
by Ghemawat, Pankaj & Llano, Carlos & Requena, Francisco
2010, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 203-204 A letter from the editors
by Bajari, Patrick & Caillaud, Bernard & Gandal, Neil
- 205-212 Identifying the effect of unobserved quality and expert reviews in the pricing of experience goods: Empirical application on Bordeaux wine
by Dubois, Pierre & Nauges, Céline
- 213-219 Exclusionary vertical contracts with multiple entrants
by Kitamura, Hiroshi
- 220-229 Dynamic demand and noncompetitive intertemporal output adjustments
by Wirl, Franz
- 230-243 Downstream merger and welfare in a bilateral oligopoly
by Symeonidis, George
- 244-253 Complements and potential competition
by Packalen, Mikko
- 254-270 Subsidies, entry and the distribution of R&D investment
by Asker, John & Baccara, Mariagiovanna
- 271-277 Subscription of shares
by Xie, Danyang
- 278-287 Investment, uncertainty and pre-emption
by Mason, Robin & Weeds, Helen
- 288-297 Equilibrium vertical differentiation in a Bertrand model with capacity precommitment
by Boccard, N. & Wauthy, X.Y.
- 298-306 Tacit collusion with price-matching punishments
by Lu, Yuanzhu & Wright, Julian
- 307-310 Markets for influence
by Menezes, Flavio M. & Quiggin, John
- 311-322 Increasing market interconnection: An analysis of the Italian electricity spot market
by Boffa, Federico & Pingali, Viswanath & Vannoni, Davide
- 323-333 Can two-part tariffs promote efficient investment on next generation networks?
by Brito, Duarte & Pereira, Pedro & Vareda, João
2010, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 113-126 Patents, imitation and licensing in an asymmetric dynamic R&D race
by Fershtman, Chaim & Markovich, Sarit
- 127-130 The relation between variance and information rent in auctions
by Katzman, Brett & Reif, Julian & Schwartz, Jesse A.
- 131-144 Tacit collusion in the presence of cyclical demand and endogenous capacity levels
by Knittel, Christopher R. & Lepore, Jason J.
- 145-154 Exclusive dealing with network effects
by Doganoglu, Toker & Wright, Julian
- 155-166 Endogenous bank mergers and their impact on banking performance: Some evidence from Austria
by Egger, Peter & Hahn, Franz R.
- 167-175 Dynamic access pricing and investment in alternative infrastructures
by Avenali, Alessandro & Matteucci, Giorgio & Reverberi, Pierfrancesco
- 176-190 Cooperation in product development and process R&D between competitors
by Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, PInar
- 191-202 Global engagement and the innovation activities of firms
by Criscuolo, Chiara & Haskel, Jonathan E. & Slaughter, Matthew J.
2010, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-9 Comparing revenue from auctions and posted prices
by Hammond, Robert G.
- 10-20 Compulsory or voluntary pre-merger notification? Theory and some evidence
by Choe, Chongwoo & Shekhar, Chander
- 21-29 The length of contracts and collusion
by Green, Richard & Le Coq, Chloé
- 30-43 Declining valuations and equilibrium bidding in central bank refinancing operations
by Ewerhart, Christian & Cassola, Nuno & Valla, Natacha
- 44-53 Explaining unrestricted giving by charitable foundations: A transaction cost approach
by Thornton, Jeremy
- 54-68 Skills, division of labor and performance in collective inventions: Evidence from open source software
by Giuri, Paola & Ploner, Matteo & Rullani, Francesco & Torrisi, Salvatore
- 69-73 Establishing compatibility between Europe's payment systems
by Leibbrandt, Gottfried
- 74-85 Cooperative R&D under uncertainty with free entry
by Erkal, Nisvan & Piccinin, Daniel
- 86-98 Market structure and payment card pricing: What drives the interchange?
by Wang, Zhu
- 99-111 Predicting the impact of upstream mergers on downstream markets with an application to the retail gasoline industry
by Manuszak, Mark D.
2009, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 639-645 An empirical study of the European corporate leniency program
by Brenner, Steffen
- 646-654 Computing welfare losses from data under imperfect competition with heterogeneous goods
by Corchón, Luis C. & Zudenkova, Galina
- 655-666 Stochastic market sharing, partial communication and collusion
by Gerlach, Heiko
- 667-678 Resale and bundling in auctions
by Pagnozzi, Marco
- 679-686 Oligopoly, open shop unions and trade liberalisation
by Bastos, Paulo & Kreickemeier, Udo & Wright, Peter
- 687-707 Endogenous location leadership
by Meza, Sergio & Tombak, Mihkel
- 708-718 Are there waves in merger activity after all?
by Gärtner, Dennis L. & Halbheer, Daniel
- 719-727 List pricing and discounting in a Bertrand-Edgeworth duopoly
by García Díaz, Antón & Hernán González, Roberto & Kujal, Praveen
- 728-738 Endogenous timing of actions under conflict between two types of second mover advantage
by Yoon, Young-Ro
2009, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 553-566 Quantifying the cost of excess market thickness in timber sale auctions
by Zheng, Xiaoyong
- 567-571 A note on the excess entry theorem in spatial models with elastic demand
by Gu, Yiquan & Wenzel, Tobias
- 572-581 Whole vs. shared ownership of foreign affiliates
by Raff, Horst & Ryan, Michael & Stähler, Frank
- 582-591 An experimental investigation of asymmetric contests
by Fonseca, Miguel A.
- 592-604 Predatory reputation in US airline markets
by Kim, Sung-Hwan
- 605-614 Local network externalities and market segmentation
by Banerji, A. & Dutta, Bhaskar
- 615-624 Duopolistic competition between independent and collaborative business-to-business marketplaces
by Sülzle, Kai
- 625-631 Distribution contracts to support optimal inventory holdings under demand uncertainty
by Marvel, Howard P. & Wang, Hao
- 632-638 Forgoing invention to deter entry
by Creane, Anthony & Miyagiwa, Kaz
2009, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 489-500 Optimal incentives under moral hazard and heterogeneous agents: Evidence from production contracts data
by Dubois, Pierre & Vukina, Tomislav
- 501-507 Welfare in differentiated oligopolies with more than two firms
by Schmidt, Robert C.
- 508-518 Process and product innovation by a multiproduct monopolist: A dynamic approach
by Lambertini, Luca & Mantovani, Andrea
- 519-531 R&D wars and the effects of innovation on the success and survivability of firms in oligopoly markets
by Tishler, Asher & Milstein, Irena
- 532-543 Market foreclosure and vertical merger: A case study of the vertical merger between Turner Broadcasting and Time Warner
by Suzuki, Ayako
- 544-551 Vertically integrated firms' investments in electricity generating capacities
by Boom, Anette
2009, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 333-345 Pre-grant patent publication and cumulative innovation
by Aoki, Reiko & Spiegel, Yossi
- 346-357 Winning while losing: Competition dynamics in the presence of indirect network effects
by Markovich, Sarit & Moenius, Johannes
- 358-368 Public-private partnerships and the privatization of financing: An incomplete contracts approach
by de Bettignies, Jean-Etienne & Ross, Thomas W.
- 369-378 Gambling by auctions
by Raviv, Yaron & Virag, Gabor
- 379-389 The unilateral incentives for technology transfers: Predation (and deterrence) by proxy
by Creane, Anthony & Konishi, Hideo
- 390-402 Designing input prices to motivate process innovation
by Chen, Yongmin & Sappington, David E.M.
- 403-413 Firm-level productivity studies: Illusions and a solution
by Katayama, Hajime & Lu, Shihua & Tybout, James R.
- 414-423 Mixed oligopoly equilibria when firms' objectives are endogenous
by De Donder, Philippe & Roemer, John E.
- 424-434 Innovation, ownership and profitability
by Love, James H. & Roper, Stephen & Du, Jun
- 435-440 Endogenous shakeouts
by Bertomeu, Jeremy
- 441-448 Asymmetry and discrimination in Internet peering: evidence from the LINX
by D'Ignazio, Alessio & Giovannetti, Emanuele
- 449-462 Disclosure or secrecy? The dynamics of Open Science
by Mukherjee, Arijit & Stern, Scott
- 463-473 Distance decreases with differentiation: Strategic agglomeration by retailers
by Picone, Gabriel A. & Ridley, David B. & Zandbergen, Paul A.
- 474-487 Dynamic entry and exit with uncertain cost positions
by Hanazono, Makoto & Yang, Huanxing
2009, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 121-136 Software exclusivity and the scope of indirect network effects in the U.S. home video game market
by Corts, Kenneth S. & Lederman, Mara
- 137-144 Favor exchange in collusion: Empirical study of repeated procurement auctions in Japan
by Ishii, Rieko
- 145-165 Group size effects on cartel formation and the enforcement power of leniency programs
by Hamaguchi, Yasuyo & Kawagoe, Toshiji & Shibata, Aiko
- 166-174 Ability, location and household demand for Internet bandwidth
by Savage, Scott James & Waldman, Donald M.
- 175-187 Sequential cross-border mergers
by Fumagalli, Eileen & Vasconcelos, Helder
- 188-196 Negotiating remedies: Revealing the merger efficiency gains
by Cosnita, Andreea & Tropeano, Jean-Philippe
- 197-205 Price dispersion in duopolies with heterogeneous consumers
by Sinitsyn, Maxim
- 206-213 Umbrella branding with imperfect observability and moral hazard
by Cabral, Luís M.B.
- 214-222 Entry and exit by new versus existing firms
by Plehn-Dujowich, Jose M.
- 223-237 Managed care competition and the adoption of hospital technology: The case of cardiac catheterization
by Bokhari, Farasat A.S.
- 238-249 Usage and diffusion of cellular telephony, 1998-2004
by Grajek, Michal & Kretschmer, Tobias
- 250-263 Are lemons really hot potatoes?
by Engers, Maxim & Hartmann, Monica & Stern, Steven
- 264-273 Merger performance under uncertain efficiency gains
by Amir, Rabah & Diamantoudi, Effrosyni & Xue, Licun
- 274-285 Auctions, aftermarket competition, and risk attitudes
by Janssen, Maarten C.W. & Karamychev, Vladimir A.
- 286-291 The chopstick auction: A study of the exposure problem in multi-unit auctions
by Englmaier, Florian & Guillén, Pablo & Llorente, Loreto & Onderstal, Sander & Sausgruber, Rupert
- 292-301 Do media consumers really dislike advertising? An empirical assessment of the role of advertising in print media markets
by Kaiser, Ulrich & Song, Minjae
- 302-311 How do households choose quality and time to replacement for a rapidly improving durable good?
by Prince, Jeffrey T.
- 312-319 The determinants of public versus private provision of Emergency Medical Services
by David, Guy & Chiang, Arthur J.
- 320-331 Investment in oligopoly under uncertainty: The accordion effect
by Bouis, Romain & Huisman, Kuno J.M. & Kort, Peter M.
2009, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-14 Investigating bid preferences at low-price, sealed-bid auctions with endogenous participation
by Hubbard, Timothy P. & Paarsch, Harry J.
- 15-23 Experts vs. discounters: Consumer free-riding and experts withholding advice in markets for credence goods
by Dulleck, Uwe & Kerschbamer, Rudolf
- 24-32 Pricing behavior in asymmetric markets with differentiated products
by Peeters, Ronald & Strobel, Martin
- 33-42 Bidding behavior in sequential cattle auctions
by Zulehner, Christine
- 43-50 Dynamic targeted pricing with strategic consumers
by Chen, Yuxin & Zhang, Z. John
- 51-59 Procurement contracts: Theory vs. practice
by Chu, Leon Yang & Sappington, David E.M.
- 60-69 Informative advertising in differentiated oligopoly markets
by Hamilton, Stephen F.
- 70-79 Mergers and innovation in big pharma
by Ornaghi, Carmine
- 80-91 Shirking, sharing risk and shelving: The role of university license contracts
by Dechenaux, Emmanuel & Thursby, Marie & Thursby, Jerry
- 92-109 The effects of mergers with dynamic capacity accumulation
by Chen, Jiawei
- 110-120 Technological innovation in the airline industry: The impact of regional jets
by Brueckner, Jan K. & Pai, Vivek
2008, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 1257-1273 Sales: Tests of theories on causality and timing
by Berck, Peter & Brown, Jennifer & Perloff, Jeffrey M. & Villas-Boas, Sofia Berto
- 1274-1289 Organization of multinational activities and ownership structure
by Mugele, Christian & Schnitzer, Monika
- 1290-1307 The impact of collusion on price behavior: Empirical results from two recent cases
by Bolotova, Yuliya & Connor, John M. & Miller, Douglas J.
- 1308-1322 Testing for common costs in the City of Helsinki bus transit auctions
by Tukiainen, Janne
- 1323-1332 Do farmers value the environment? Evidence from a conservation reserve program auction
by Vukina, Tomislav & Zheng, Xiaoyong & Marra, Michele & Levy, Armando
- 1333-1347 Tying in two-sided markets and the honor all cards rule
by Rochet, Jean Charles & Tirole, Jean
- 1348-1364 Fences and competition in patent races
by Schneider, Cédric
- 1365-1380 Delivered pricing and the impact of spatial differentiation on cartel stability
by Miklós-Thal, Jeanine
- 1381-1388 Endogenous timing with infinitely many firms
by Tesoriere, Antonio
- 1389-1406 Product market competition and organizational slack under profit-target contracts
by Piccolo, Salvatore & D'Amato, Marcello & Martina, Riccardo
- 1407-1424 Favoritism in asymmetric procurement auctions
by Lee, Joon-Suk
- 1425-1436 Retail gasoline pricing: What do we know?
by Hosken, Daniel S. & McMillan, Robert S. & Taylor, Christopher T.
- 1437-1447 Entry and externality: Hydroelectric generators in Brazil
by Moita, Rodrigo M.S.
- 1448-1460 Two tales on resale
by Höffler, Felix & Schmidt, Klaus M.
2008, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 1059-1073 The timing of movie releases: Evidence from the home video industry
by Chiou, Lesley
- 1074-1089 Do low-quality products affect high-quality entry? Multiproduct firms and nonstop entry in airline markets
by Dunn, Abe
- 1090-1105 Group purchasing, nonlinear tariffs, and oligopoly
by Marvel, Howard P. & Yang, Huanxing
- 1106-1119 Segmentation, advertising and prices
by Galeotti, Andrea & Moraga-González, José Luis
- 1120-1131 Welfare losses under Cournot competition
by Corchón, Luis C.
- 1132-1152 An antitrust analysis of bundled loyalty discounts
by Greenlee, Patrick & Reitman, David & Sibley, David S.
- 1153-1179 R&D and the patent premium
by Arora, Ashish & Ceccagnoli, Marco & Cohen, Wesley M.
- 1180-1190 Strategic procurement, openness and market structure
by García-Alonso, María D.C. & Levine, Paul
- 1191-1202 Quality infomediation in search markets
by Kennes, John & Schiff, Aaron
- 1203-1217 Learning from foreign investment by rival firms: Theory and evidence
by Altomonte, Carlo & Pennings, Enrico
- 1218-1232 The effect of air traffic delays on airline prices
by Forbes, Silke J.
- 1233-1249 Markov Perfect Equilibrium in the US digital camera market
by Xiao, Junji
- 1250-1255 Heavily skewed pricing in two-sided markets
by Bolt, Wilko & Tieman, Alexander F.
2008, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 861-877 Efficient horizontal mergers: The effects of internal capital reallocation and organizational form
by Mialon, Sue H.
- 878-888 Pricing strategy, quality signaling, and entry deterrence
by Utaka, Atsuo
- 889-902 The choice at the checkout: Quantifying demand across payment instruments
by Borzekowski, Ron & Kiser, Elizabeth K.
- 903-912 Endogenous horizontal mergers under cost uncertainty
by Zhou, Wen
- 913-929 Assessing horizontal mergers under uncertain efficiency gains
by Choné, Philippe & Linnemer, Laurent
- 930-948 Generic entry, price competition, and market segmentation in the prescription drug market
by Regan, Tracy L.
- 949-965 Content and advertising in the media: Pay-tv versus free-to-air
by Peitz, Martin & Valletti, Tommaso M.
- 966-983 Retailer entry conditions and wholesaler conduct: The theatrical distribution of motion pictures
by Moul, Charles C.
- 984-997 Biases in demand analysis due to variation in retail distribution
by Tenn, Steven & Yun, John M.
- 998-1014 Queues, not just mediocrity: Inefficiency in decentralized markets with vertical differentiation
by Ponsatí, Clara & Sákovics, József
- 1015-1031 Airport deregulation: Effects on pricing and capacity
by Basso, Leonardo J.
- 1032-1043 Information acquisition and optimal project management
by Shin, Dongsoo
- 1044-1058 The value of knowledge spillovers in the U.S. semiconductor industry
by Deng, Yi
2008, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 625-642 Pricing in the shadow of firm turnover: ISPs during the 1990s
by Stranger, Greg & Greenstein, Shane
- 643-661 Strategic buyers, horizontal mergers and synergies: An experimental investigation
by Davis, Douglas D. & Wilson, Bart J.
- 662-678 A theory of consumer referral
by Jun, Tackseung & Kim, Jeong-Yoo
- 679-694 Forward contracts and market power in an electricity market
by Anderson, Edward J. & Hu, Xinmin
- 695-703 On additive spillovers and returns to scale in R&D
by Amir, Rabah & Jin, Jim Y. & Troege, Michael
- 704-715 Collusive price leadership with capacity constraints
by Ishibashi, Ikuo
- 716-729 An experiment on spatial price competition
by Orzen, Henrik & Sefton, Martin
- 730-745 Incumbency and entry in license auctions: The Anglo-Dutch auction meets another simple alternative
by Azacis, Helmuts & Burguet, Roberto
- 746-761 Bertrand-Edgeworth equilibrium with a large number of firms
by Roy Chowdhury, Prabal
- 762-802 Cartel price announcements: The vitamins industry
by Marshall, Robert C. & Marx, Leslie M. & Raiff, Matthew E.
- 803-810 Partial coordination and mergers among quantity-setting firms
by Escrihuela-Villar, Marc
- 811-828 Disagreement in bargaining: An empirical analysis of OPEC
by Hyndman, Kyle
- 829-845 Delivered versus mill nonlinear pricing with endogenous market structure
by Jorge, Sílvia Ferreira & Pires, Cesaltina Pacheco
- 846-859 Auctions to implement the efficient market structure
by Gebhardt, Georg & Wambach, Achim
2008, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 393-411 To build or not to build: Normative and positive theories of public-private partnerships
by Martimort, David & Pouyet, Jerome
- 412-420 Public-private partnerships and government spending limits
by Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean
- 421-442 Renegotiation of concession contracts in Latin America: Evidence from the water and transport sectors
by Guasch, J. Luis & Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Straub, Stéphane
- 443-458 Exploring the effects of competition for railway markets
by Lalive, Rafael & Schmutzler, Armin
- 459-472 Price, price dispersion and number of sellers at a low entry cost shopbot
by Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve
- 473-489 Two-part tariffs with quality degradation
by Jensen, Sissel
- 490-501 Sunk costs, entry deterrence, and financial constraints
by Arping, Stefan & Diaw, Khaled M.
- 502-516 Package size and price discrimination in the paper towel market
by Cohen, Andrew
- 517-531 Consumer and competitor reactions: Evidence from a field experiment
by Barron, John M. & Umbeck, John R. & Waddell, Glen R.
- 532-545 Real options -- delay vs. pre-emption: Do industrial characteristics matter?
by Driver, Ciaran & Temple, Paul & Urga, Giovanni
- 546-556 Umbrella branding and the provision of quality
by Hakenes, Hendrik & Peitz, Martin
- 557-572 Market performance and collusion in sequential and simultaneous multi-object auctions: Evidence from an ascending auctions experiment
by Sherstyuk, Katerina & Dulatre, Jeremy
- 573-585 Putting people first? Chinese state-owned enterprises' adjustment to globalisation
by Girma, Sourafel & Gong, Yundan
- 586-597 Strategic incentives for market share
by Ritz, Robert A.
- 598-606 Statistical moments analysis of production and welfare in multi-product Cournot oligopoly
by Lapan, Harvey E. & Hennessy, David A.
- 607-615 The commitment value of the debt: A reappraisal
by Franck, Bernard & Le Pape, Nicolas
- 616-624 The strategic use of debt reconsidered
by Haan, Marco A. & Toolsema, Linda A.
2008, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-16 Outsourcing, vertical integration, and price vs. quantity competition
by Arya, Anil & Mittendorf, Brian & Sappington, David E.M.
- 17-40 Lobbies, delegation and the under-investment problem in regulation
by Evans, Joanne & Levine, Paul & Trillas, Francesc
- 41-58 Bundling may blockade entry
by Peitz, Martin
- 59-68 Signaling the environmental performance of polluting products to green consumers
by Mahenc, Philippe
- 69-91 Endogenous mergers and endogenous efficiency gains: The efficiency defence revisited
by Banal-Estanol, Albert & Macho-Stadler, Ines & Seldeslachts, Jo
- 92-112 On informative advertising and product differentiation
by Christou, C. & Vettas, N.
- 113-136 Determinants of R&D cooperation: Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms
by Lopez, Alberto
- 137-149 Optimal fragmentation of intellectual property rights
by Kultti, Klaus & Takalo, Tuomas
- 150-167 Regulation in the automobile industry
by de Palma, Andre & Kilani, Moez
- 168-185 Disadvantageous collusion and government regulation
by Ma, Tay-Cheng
- 186-205 The effects of ownership and benchmark competition: An empirical analysis of U.S. water systems
by Wallsten, Scott & Kosec, Katrina
- 206-212 Gathering information before signing a contract: A screening perspective
by Compte, Olivier & Jehiel, Philippe
- 213-226 Screening contracts in the presence of positive network effects
by Csorba, Gergely
- 227-246 Exclusive dealing with imperfect downstream competition
by Abito, Jose Miguel & Wright, Julian
- 247-265 Intimidating competitors -- Endogenous vertical integration and downstream investment in successive oligopoly
by Buehler, Stefan & Schmutzler, Armin
- 266-287 Entry for merger with flexible manufacturing: Implications for competition policy
by Innes, Robert
- 288-307 Demand for differentiated products: Price and advertising evidence from the U.S. beer market
by Rojas, Christian & Peterson, Everett B.
- 308-326 Media substitution in advertising: A spirited case study
by Frank, Mark W.
- 327-353 The organization of regulated production: Complementarities, correlation and collusion
by Jansen, Jos & Jeon, Doh-Shin & Menicucci, Domenico
- 354-371 Advertising and consumer search in a duopoly model
by Janssen, Maarten C.W. & Non, Marielle C.
- 372-392 Intermediaries as quality assessors: Tour operators in the travel industry
by Clerides, Sofronis & Nearchou, Paris & Pashardes, Panos
2007, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 1163-1178 Position auctions
by Varian, Hal R.
- 1179-1189 Empirical tests of information aggregation
by Yin, Pai-Ling
- 1190-1212 Auction hosting site pricing and market equilibrium with endogenous bidder and seller participation
by Deltas, George & Jeitschko, Thomas D.