Excise Taxation and Product Quality: The Gasoline Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sumner, Michael T & Ward, Robert, 1981. "Tax Changes and Cigarette Prices [An Alternative Approach to the Analysis of Taxation]," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1261-1265, December.
- Cowen, Tyler & Tabarrok, Alexander, 1995. "Good Grapes and Bad Lobsters: Applying the Alchian and Allen Theorem," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(2), pages 253-256, April.
- David Paton & Donald S. Siegel & Leighton Vaughan Williams, 2002. "A Policy Response To The E--Commerce Revolution: The Case Of Betting Taxation In The UK," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(480), pages 296-314, June.
- Johnson, Terry R, 1978. "Additional Evidence on the Effects of Alternative Taxes on Cigarette Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(2), pages 325-328, April.
- Barzel, Yoram, 1976. "An Alternative Approach to the Analysis of Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1177-1197, December.
- Bertonazzi, Eric P & Maloney, Michael T & McCormick, Robert E, 1993. "Some Evidence on the Alchian and Allen Theorem: The Third Law of Demand?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(3), pages 383-393, July.
- Borcherding, Thomas E & Silberberg, Eugene, 1978. "Shipping the Good Apples Out: The Alchian and Allen Theorem Reconsidered," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(1), pages 131-138, February.
- Archibald, Robert & Gillingham, Robert, 1980. "An Analysis of the Short-Run Consumer Demand for Gasoline Using Household Survey Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(4), pages 622-628, November.
- Leffler, Keith B, 1982. "Ambiguous Changes in Product Quality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 956-967, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charlotte Emlinger & Viola Lamani, 2017. "International Trade, Quality Sorting and Trade Costs: The Case of Cognac," Working Papers 2017-18, CEPII research center.
- Junichi Minagawa & Thorsten Upmann, 2012. "The Generalized Alchian-Allen Theorem," CESifo Working Paper Series 3969, CESifo Group Munich.
- Minagawa, Junichi & Upmann, Thorsten, 2013. "A note on parental time allocation," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 153-157.
- Liu, Liqun, 2011. "The Alchian-Allen theorem and the law of relative demand: The case of multiple quality-differentiable brands," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 52-57, January.
- Minagawa, Junichi & Upmann, Thorsten, 2013. "A conditional demand approach to the Alchian–Allen effect," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 546-551.
- Minagawa, Junichi, 2012. "On Giffen-like goods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 282-285.
- repec:oup:jeurec:v:15:y:2017:i:3:p:626-653. is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Flores Curiel, 2016. "Subsidizing or taxing education? A note on the quality gap and government finances," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 31(2), pages 339-353.
- Markus Dertwinkel-Kalt & Katrin Köhler & Mirjam R. J. Lange & Tobias Wenzel, 2017.
"Demand Shifts Due to Salience Effects: Experimental Evidence,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 626-653.
- Dertwinkel-Kalt, Markus & Köhler, Katrin & Lange, Mirjam R. J. & Wenzel, Tobias, 2016. "Demand shifts due to salience effects: Experimental evidence," DICE Discussion Papers 216, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eis:articl:207nesbit. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan Wheatley). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bsntuuk.html .