Taxation and Product Quality: New Evidence from Generic Cigarettes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Kay & Michael Keen, 1991. "Product Quality Under Specific and Ad Valorem Taxation," Public Finance Review, , vol. 19(2), pages 238-247, April.
- Barzel, Yoram, 1976. "An Alternative Approach to the Analysis of Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1177-1197, December.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Cowen, Tyler & Tabarrok, Alexander, 1995. "Good Grapes and Bad Lobsters: Applying the Alchian and Allen Theorem," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(2), pages 253-256, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 1998.
"The Tobacco Deal,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1998 Micr), pages 323-394.
- Bulow, Jeremy I. & Klemperer, Paul, 1999. "The Tobacco Deal," CEPR Discussion Papers 2125, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bulow, J. & Klemperer, P., 1999. "The Tobacco Deal," Economics Papers 1999-w11, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 1999. "The Tobacco Deal," HEW 9904002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2006:i:35:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goel, Rajeev K., 2012. "Effect of generic cigarettes on US cigarette demand and smuggling," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 114-117.
- Lesley Chiou & Erich Muehlegger, 2014. "Consumer Response to Cigarette Excise Tax Changes," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 67(3), pages 621-650, September.
- Blum, Bianca, 2018. "Ausgestaltung einer Steuerpolitik zur Förderung von LED-Beleuchtung," The Constitutional Economics Network Working Papers 01-2018, University of Freiburg, Department of Economic Policy and Constitutional Economic Theory.
- Todd M. Nesbit, 2005. "Excise Taxation and Product Quality: The Gasoline Market," Working Papers 05-11 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Junichi Minagawa & Thorsten Upmann, 2012. "The Generalized Alchian-Allen Theorem," CESifo Working Paper Series 3969, CESifo Group Munich.
- Minagawa, Junichi & Upmann, Thorsten, 2013. "A note on parental time allocation," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 153-157.
- Goolsbee, Austan, 2004. "Taxes and the quality of capital," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 519-543, March.
- Sijbren Cnossen, 2006. "Tobacco Taxation in the European Union," CESifo Working Paper Series 1718, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ciliberto Federico & Kuminoff Nicolai V, 2010.
"Public Policy and Market Competition: How the Master Settlement Agreement Changed the Cigarette Industry,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-46, July.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Kuminoff, Nicolai, 2010. "Public Policy and Market Competition: How the Master Settlement Agreement Changed the Cigarette Industry," MPRA Paper 24883, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert Lawson & Lauren Raymer, 2006. "Testing the Alchian-Allen Theorem: A Study of Consumer Behavior in the Gasoline Market," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(35), pages 1-6.
- Doyle Jr., Joseph J. & Samphantharak, Krislert, 2008.
"$2.00 Gas! Studying the effects of a gas tax moratorium,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 869-884, April.
- Joseph J. Doyle, Jr. & Krislert Samphantharak, 2005. "$2.00 Gas! Studying the Effects of Gas Tax Moratorium," Working Papers 0517, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joseph J. Doyle, Jr. & Krislert Samphantharak, 2006. "$2.00 Gas! Studying the Effects of a Gas Tax Moratorium," NBER Working Papers 12266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liu, Liqun, 2011. "The Alchian-Allen theorem and the law of relative demand: The case of multiple quality-differentiable brands," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 52-57, January.
- Ljunge Martin, 2011. "Do Taxes Produce Better Wine?," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Minagawa, Junichi & Upmann, Thorsten, 2013. "A conditional demand approach to the Alchian–Allen effect," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(3), pages 546-551.
- Minagawa, Junichi, 2012. "On Giffen-like goods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 282-285.
- Delipalla, Sophia & O'Donnell, Owen, 2001. "Estimating tax incidence, market power and market conduct: The European cigarette industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 885-908, May.
- Sophia Delipalla & Owen O'Donnell, 1999. "Estimating Tax Incidence, Market Power and Market Conduct: The European Cigarette Industry," Studies in Economics 9901, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- repec:oup:jeurec:v:15:y:2017:i:3:p:626-653. is not listed on IDEAS
- Justine Hastings & Jesse M. Shapiro, 2012. "Mental Accounting and Consumer Choice: Evidence from Commodity Price Shocks," NBER Working Papers 18248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sijbren Cnossen, 2006. "Tobacco taxation in the European Union," CPB Discussion Paper 67, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Robert Lawson & Todd Nesbit, 2013. "Alchian and Allen Revisited: Law Enforcement and the Price of Weed," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 363-370, December.
- Daniel Flores Curiel, 2016. "Subsidizing or taxing education? A note on the quality gap and government finances," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 31(2), pages 339-353.
- Markus Dertwinkel-Kalt & Katrin Köhler & Mirjam R. J. Lange & Tobias Wenzel, 2017. "Demand Shifts Due to Salience Effects: Experimental Evidence," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 626-653.
- Dertwinkel-Kalt, Markus & Köhler, Katrin & Lange, Mirjam R. J. & Wenzel, Tobias, 2016. "Demand shifts due to salience effects: Experimental evidence," DICE Discussion Papers 216, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:105:y:1997:i:4:p:880-87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.