Growing green money? Mapping community currencies for sustainable development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gill Seyfang, 2003. "Growing cohesive communities one favour at a time: social exclusion, active citizenship and time banks," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 699-706, September.
- Martínez-Alier, Joan & Pascual, Unai & Vivien, Franck-Dominique & Zaccai, Edwin, 2010. "Sustainable de-growth: Mapping the context, criticisms and future prospects of an emergent paradigm," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1741-1747, July.
- Michael S Evans, 2009. "Zelizer's Theory of Money and the Case of Local Currencies," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 41(5), pages 1026-1041, May.
- Gill Seyfang, 2001. "Working for the Fenland Dollar: An Evaluation of Local Exchange Trading Schemes as an Informal Employment Strategy to Tackle Social Exclusion," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 15(3), pages 581-593, September.
- Jérôme Blanc, 2011. "Classifying "CCs": Community, complementary and local currencies' types and generations," Post-Print halshs-00583587, HAL.
- Michael S Evans, 2009. "Zelizer’s theory of money and the case of local currencies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(5), pages 1026-1041, May.
- Victor, Peter A. & Rosenbluth, Gideon, 2007. "Managing without growth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 492-504, March.
- Sanne, Christer, 2002. "Willing consumers--or locked-in? Policies for a sustainable consumption," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 273-287, August.
- Lee Gregory, 2009. "Spending Time Locally: The Benefit of Time Banks for Local Economies," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 24(4), pages 323-333, June.
- Jérôme Blanc, 2010. "Community and complementary currencies," Post-Print halshs-00583590, HAL.
- Gill Seyfang, 2001. "Community currencies: small change for a green economy," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(6), pages 975-996, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Málovics, György & Dombi, Judit, 2015.
"A növekedésen túl - egy új irányzat hozzájárulása a fenntarthatósági vitához
[Beyond growth - the contribution of a new direction to the debate on sustainability]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(2), pages 200-221.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:140:y:2017:i:c:p:123-135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michel, Arnaud & Hudon, Marek, 2015.
"Community currencies and sustainable development: A systematic review,"
Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 160-171.
- Arnaud Michel & Marek Hudon, 2015. "Community Currencies and Sustainable Development: A Systematic Review," Working Papers CEB 15-012, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Armon Rezai & Sigrid Stagl, 2016. "Ecological Macreconomics: Introduction and Review," Ecological Economics Papers ieep9, Institute of Ecological Economics.
- Rohman, Ibrahim Kholilul & Bohlin, Erik, 2014. "Decomposition analysis of the telecommunications sector in Indonesia: What does the cellular era shed light on?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 248-263.
- Russ, Meir, 2016. "The probable foundations of sustainabilism: Information, energy and entropy based definition of capital, Homo Sustainabiliticus and the need for a “new gold”," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 328-338.
- Fraňková, Eva & Fousek, Jan & Kala, Lukáš & Labohý, Jan, 2014. "Transaction network analysis for studying Local Exchange Trading Systems (LETS): Research potentials and limitations," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 266-275.
- Strunz, Sebastian & Bartkowski, Bartosz & Schindler, Harry, 2015. "Is there a monetary growth imperative?," UFZ Discussion Papers 5/2015, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Heshmati, Almas, 2014.
"An Empirical Survey of the Ramifications of a Green Economy,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
356, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2014. "An Empirical Survey of the Ramifications of a Green Economy," IZA Discussion Papers 8078, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ariane TICHIT & Clément MATHONNAT & Diego Sébastien LANDIVAR, 2015.
"Classifying Non-banking Monetary Systems using Web Data,"
- Ariane Tichit & Clément Mathonnat & Diego Sébastien Landivar, 2015. "Classifying Non-banking Monetary Systems using Web Data," Working Papers halshs-01230219, HAL.
- Joutsenvirta, Maria, 2016. "A practice approach to the institutionalization of economic degrowth," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 23-32.
- Joachain, Hélène & Klopfert, Frédéric, 2014. "Smarter than metering? Coupling smart meters and complementary currencies to reinforce the motivation of households for energy savings," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 89-96.
- Alexandra Köves & Gábor Király & György Pataki & Bálint Balázs, 2013. "Backcasting for Sustainable Employment: A Hungarian Experience," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(7), pages 1-15, July.
- Mock, Mirijam & Omann, Ines & Rauschmayer, Felix & Fuchs, Daniela, 2013. "Do community currencies enhance sustainable quality of life?," UFZ Discussion Papers 16/2013, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Oliver Sanz, Esther, 2016. "Community currency (CCs) in Spain: An empirical study of their social effects," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 20-27.
- Camille Meyer & Marek Hudon, 2017. "Alternative organizations in finance: commoning in complementary currencies," Working Papers CEB 17-015, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
KeywordsComplementary currencies; Community currencies; LETS; Time banks; New economics; Grassroots innovations; Sustainable development; Degrowth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:86:y:2013:i:c:p:65-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.