Is Tourism-Based Development Good for the Poor? A General Equilibrium Analysis for Thailand
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wattanakuljarus, Anan & Coxhead, Ian, 2008. "Is tourism-based development good for the poor?: A general equilibrium analysis for Thailand," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 929-955.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Jacques Nowak & Mondher Sahli & Pasquale M. Sgro, 2003. "Tourism, Trade And Domestic Welfare," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 245-258, October.
- Benjamin, Nancy C. & Devarajan, Shantayanan & Weiner, Robert J., 1989. "The Dutch disease in a developing country : Oil reserves in Cameroon," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 71-92, January.
- Copeland, Brian R, 1991. "Tourism, Welfare and De-industrialization in a Small Open Economy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 515-529, November.
- Corden, W M, 1984. "Booming Sector and Dutch Disease Economics: Survey and Consolidation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 359-380, November.
- Löfgren, Hans & Harris, Rebecca Lee & Robinson, Sherman, 2001. "A standard computable general equilibrium (CGE) model in GAMS," TMD discussion papers 75, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ramos Mabugu, 2002. "Short-term effects of policy reform on tourism and the macroeconomy in Zimbabwe: Applied CGE analysis," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 419-430.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:5:p:1223-1228 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zibanai ZHOU, 2013. "A Peep into Tourism Development in Zimbabwe: 1980-2010," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(7), pages 884-894, July.
- repec:eee:touman:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:253-263 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:34:y:2013:i:c:p:25-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohamed KARIM & Eric Tchouamou NJOYA, 2013. "Impact of Inbound Tourism in Kenyan Economy: An Analysis Using a Computable General Equilibrium Model," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(7), pages 911-932, July.
- repec:eee:touman:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:177-187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gavrel, Frédéric & Lebon, Isabelle & Rebière, Thérèse, 2010.
"Layoff taxes and minimum wage: Two complementary public policies,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 30-32, April.
- Thérèse REBIÈRE & Frédéric GAVREL & Isabelle LEBON, "undated". "Layoff Taxes and Minimum Wage. Two Complementary Public Policies," EcoMod2009 21500077, EcoMod.
- Frédéric Gavrel & Isabelle Lebon & Thérèse Rebière, 2010. "Layoff taxes and minimum wage: Two complementary public policies," Post-Print halshs-00545212, HAL.
- Sofyan SYAHNUR, "undated". "The Analysis of the Impact of Oil Prices Shock on the Poor Relied on the Existing Distribution of Income Pattern," EcoMod2010 259600162, EcoMod.
- Wianwiwat, S. & Asafu-Adjaye, J., 2011. "Modelling the promotion of biomass use: A case study of Thailand," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1735-1748.
- Shi, Hui, 2012. "The efficiency of government promotion of inbound tourism: The case of Australia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2711-2718.
- Ponjan, Pathomdanai & Thirawat, Nipawan, 2016. "Impacts of Thailand’s tourism tax cut: A CGE analysis," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 45-62.
- repec:eee:touman:v:48:y:2015:i:c:p:11-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Inchausti-Sintes, Federico, 2015. "Tourism: Economic growth, employment and Dutch Disease," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 172-189.
- Li, ShiNa & Blake, Adam & Thomas, Rhodri, 2013. "Modelling the economic impact of sports events: The case of the Beijing Olympics," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 235-244.
- Wianwiwat, Suthin & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2013. "Is there a role for biofuels in promoting energy self sufficiency and security? A CGE analysis of biofuel policy in Thailand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 543-555.
- Petit, Sylvain, 2016. "International trade in services and inequalities: Empirical evaluation and role of tourism services," MPRA Paper 75206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:wisagr:502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauwius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.