Is tourism-based development good for the poor?: A general equilibrium analysis for Thailand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Wattanakuljarus, Anan & Coxhead, Ian, 2006. "Is Tourism-Based Development Good for the Poor? A General Equilibrium Analysis for Thailand," Staff Paper Series 502, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Jacques Nowak & Mondher Sahli & Pasquale M. Sgro, 2003. "Tourism, Trade And Domestic Welfare," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 245-258, October.
- Benjamin, Nancy C. & Devarajan, Shantayanan & Weiner, Robert J., 1989. "The Dutch disease in a developing country : Oil reserves in Cameroon," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 71-92, January.
- Copeland, Brian R, 1991. "Tourism, Welfare and De-industrialization in a Small Open Economy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 515-529, November.
- Corden, W M, 1984. "Booming Sector and Dutch Disease Economics: Survey and Consolidation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 359-380, November.
- Löfgren, Hans & Harris, Rebecca Lee & Robinson, Sherman, 2001. "A standard computable general equilibrium (CGE) model in GAMS," TMD discussion papers 75, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ramos Mabugu, 2002. "Short-term effects of policy reform on tourism and the macroeconomy in Zimbabwe: Applied CGE analysis," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 419-430.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Jean-Pierre Laffargue & Pasquale M. Sgro, 2010.
"Foreign Aid, Wage Inequality, and Welfare for a Small Open Economy with Tourism,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 454-464, August.
- Chao Chi-Chur & Jean-Pierre Laffargue & Pasquale M Sgro, 2010. "Foreign Aid, Wage Inequality and Welfare for a Small Open Economy with Tourism," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00642089, HAL.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:5:p:1223-1228 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:177-187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gavrel, Frédéric & Lebon, Isabelle & Rebière, Thérèse, 2010.
"Layoff taxes and minimum wage: Two complementary public policies,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 30-32, April.
- Thérèse REBIÈRE & Frédéric GAVREL & Isabelle LEBON, "undated". "Layoff Taxes and Minimum Wage. Two Complementary Public Policies," EcoMod2009 21500077, EcoMod.
- Frédéric Gavrel & Isabelle Lebon & Thérèse Rebière, 2010. "Layoff taxes and minimum wage: Two complementary public policies," Post-Print halshs-00545212, HAL.
- Sofyan SYAHNUR, "undated". "The Analysis of the Impact of Oil Prices Shock on the Poor Relied on the Existing Distribution of Income Pattern," EcoMod2010 259600162, EcoMod.
- Shi, Hui, 2012. "The efficiency of government promotion of inbound tourism: The case of Australia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2711-2718.
- Ponjan, Pathomdanai & Thirawat, Nipawan, 2016. "Impacts of Thailand’s tourism tax cut: A CGE analysis," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 45-62.
- repec:eee:touman:v:48:y:2015:i:c:p:11-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, ShiNa & Blake, Adam & Thomas, Rhodri, 2013. "Modelling the economic impact of sports events: The case of the Beijing Olympics," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 235-244.
- Petit, Sylvain, 2016. "International trade in services and inequalities: Empirical evaluation and role of tourism services," MPRA Paper 75206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zibanai ZHOU, 2013. "A Peep into Tourism Development in Zimbabwe: 1980-2010," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(7), pages 884-894, July.
- repec:eee:touman:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:253-263 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:34:y:2013:i:c:p:25-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohamed KARIM & Eric Tchouamou NJOYA, 2013. "Impact of Inbound Tourism in Kenyan Economy: An Analysis Using a Computable General Equilibrium Model," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(7), pages 911-932, July.
- Wianwiwat, S. & Asafu-Adjaye, J., 2011. "Modelling the promotion of biomass use: A case study of Thailand," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1735-1748.
- Inchausti-Sintes, Federico, 2015. "Tourism: Economic growth, employment and Dutch Disease," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 172-189.
- Wianwiwat, Suthin & Asafu-Adjaye, John, 2013. "Is there a role for biofuels in promoting energy self sufficiency and security? A CGE analysis of biofuel policy in Thailand," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 543-555.
More about this item
KeywordsTourism Thailand General equilibrium Income distribution;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:30:y:2008:i:6:p:929-955. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .