October 2008, Volume 36, Issue 10
- 2107-2108 "Investing in Farmers--The Impacts of Farmer Field Schools in Relation to Integrated Pest Management"--A Reply
by van den Berg, Henk & Jiggins, Janice
September 2008, Volume 36, Issue 9
- 1493-1513 Stop Interrupting: An Empirical Analysis of the Implementation of IMF Programs
by Arpac, Ozlem & Bird, Graham & Mandilaras, Alex
- 1514-1530 A Cheap Lunch for Emerging Markets: Removing International Financial Market Imperfections with Modern Financial Instruments
by Bauer, Christian & Herz, Bernhard & Hoops, Stefan
- 1531-1546 The Cost of Doing Business in Africa: Evidence from Enterprise Survey Data
by Eifert, Benn & Gelb, Alan & Ramachandran, Vijaya
- 1547-1558 Is Local Beautiful? Fiscal Decentralization in Mexico
by Hernández-Trillo, Fausto & Jarillo-Rabling, Brenda
- 1559-1584 Poverty Transition and Persistence in Ethiopia: 1994-2004
by Bigsten, Arne & Shimeles, Abebe
- 1585-1606 Hot Stuff: Index Insurance for Indian Smallholder Pepper Growers
by Zant, Wouter
- 1607-1622 Global Private Regulation and Value-Chain Restructuring in Indonesian Smallholder Coffee Systems
by Neilson, Jeff
- 1623-1646 What Policies will Reduce Gender Schooling Gaps in Developing Countries: Evidence and Interpretation
by Glick, Peter
- 1647-1664 Birth Order, Child Labor, and School Attendance in Brazil
by Emerson, Patrick M. & Souza, André Portela
August 2008, Volume 36, Issue 8
- 1317-1341 Social Spending, Human Capital, and Growth in Developing Countries
by Baldacci, Emanuele & Clements, Benedict & Gupta, Sanjeev & Cui, Qiang
- 1342-1364 Agriculture, Development, and Urban Bias
by Bezemer, Dirk & Headey, Derek
- 1365-1380 The Dynamism of Mexican Exports: Lost in (Chinese) Translation?
by Gallagher, Kevin P. & Moreno-Brid, Juan Carlos & Porzecanski, Roberto
- 1381-1397 Export Processing Zones in the Dominican Republic: Schools or Stopgaps?
by Schrank, Andrew
- 1398-1414 Reconsidering the Backward Vertical Linkages of Foreign Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Multinationals
by Kiyota, Kozo & Matsuura, Toshiyuki & Urata, Shujiro & Wei, Yuhong
- 1415-1435 Market Reaction to Risky Banks: Did Generous Deposit Guarantee Change It?
by Önder, Zeynep & Özyildirim, Süheyla
- 1436-1452 Understanding the Coexistence of Formal and Informal Credit Markets in Piura, Peru
by Guirkinger, Catherine
- 1453-1468 Interpersonal, Intertemporal and Spatial Variation in Risk Perceptions: Evidence from East Africa
by Doss, Cheryl & McPeak, John & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 1469-1492 Revisiting Theories of Frontier Expansion in the Brazilian Amazon: A Survey of the Colonist Farming Population in Rondônia's Post-Frontier, 1992-2002
by Browder, John O. & Pedlowski, Marcos A. & Walker, Robert & Wynne, Randolph H. & Summers, Percy M. & Abad, Ana & Becerra-Cordoba, Nancy & Mil-Homens, Joao
July 2008, Volume 36, Issue 7
- 1135-1151 Looking Ahead Optimally in Allocating Aid
by Wood, Adrian
- 1152-1172 Improving Food Aid: What Reforms Would Yield the Highest Payoff?
by Lentz, Erin C. & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 1173-1191 Threshold Effects of Corruption: Theory and Evidence
by Bose, Niloy & Capasso, Salvatore & Murshid, Antu Panini
- 1192-1212 Economic Reforms, FDI, and Economic Growth in India: A Sector Level Analysis
by Chakraborty, Chandana & Nunnenkamp, Peter
- 1213-1232 Reforms with a Female Face: Gender, Liberalization, and Economic Policy in Andhra Pradesh, India
by Rao, Smriti
- 1233-1246 The Mystery of Capital Formation in Sub-Saharan Africa: Women, Property Rights and Customary Law
by Joireman, S.F.
- 1247-1260 Economic Efficiency and Supply Response of Women as Farm Managers: Comparative Evidence from Western Kenya
by Alene, Arega D. & Manyong, Victor M. & Omanya, Gospel O. & Mignouna, Hodeba D. & Bokanga, Mpoko & Odhiambo, George D.
- 1261-1279 Monetary Union Membership in West Africa: A Cluster Analysis
by Tsangarides, Charalambos G. & Qureshi, Mahvash Saeed
- 1280-1293 The Distribution of Household Income in Brazil: Unequal and Immutable?
by Sotomayor, Orlando
- 1294-1316 Decentralization's Effects on Educational Outcomes in Bolivia and Colombia
by Faguet, Jean-Paul & Sánchez, Fabio
June 2008, Volume 36, Issue 6
- 987-991 Introduction: Multidimensional Poverty Analysis: Conceptual Issues, Empirical Illustrations and Policy Implications
by Kakwani, Nanak & Silber, Jacques
- 992-1010 Estimating Basic Capabilities: A Structural Equation Model Applied to Bolivia
by Krishnakumar, Jaya & Ballon, Paola
- 1011-1020 Vulnerability to Multidimensional Poverty: Peru, 1998-2002
by Calvo, Cesar
- 1021-1047 Measuring Pro-Poor Growth in Non-Income Dimensions
by Grosse, Melanie & Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan
- 1048-1066 Global Estimates of Pro-Poor Growth
by Son, Hyun H. & Kakwani, Nanak
- 1067-1077 On the Watts Multidimensional Poverty Index and its Decomposition
by Chakravarty, Satya R. & Deutsch, Joseph & Silber, Jacques
- 1078-1093 Experienced Poverty and Income Poverty in Mexico: A Subjective Well-Being Approach
by Rojas, Mariano
- 1094-1112 Deprivation in the São Paulo Districts: Evidence from 2000
by D'Ambrosio, Conchita & Rodrigues, Rute Imanishi
- 1113-1130 Using an Asset Index to Assess Trends in Poverty in Seven Sub-Saharan African Countries
by Booysen, Frikkie & van der Berg, Servaas & Burger, Ronelle & Maltitz, Michael von & Rand, Gideon du
May 2008, Volume 36, Issue 5
- 727-740 The Global Distribution of Income in 2050
by Hillebrand, Evan
- 741-774 The Diverging Patterns of Profitability, Investment and Growth of China and India During 1980-2003
by Felipe, Jesus & Laviña, Editha & Fan, Emma Xiaoqin
- 775-796 The Human Development Trap in Mexico
by Mayer-Foulkes, David
- 797-822 Agricultural Technology, Productivity, and Poverty in Madagascar
by Minten, Bart & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 823-842 The Effects of Fair Trade on Affiliated Producers: An Impact Analysis on Kenyan Farmers
by Becchetti, Leonardo & Costantino, Marco
- 843-859 Household Access to Microcredit and Child Work in Rural Malawi
by Hazarika, Gautam & Sarangi, Sudipta
- 860-874 Food Aid Dependency in Northeastern Ethiopia: Myth or Reality?
by Little, Peter D.
- 875-899 Women and Fish-for-Sex: Transactional Sex, HIV/AIDS and Gender in African Fisheries
by Béné, Christophe & Merten, Sonja
- 900-915 Men's Crops and Women's Crops: The Importance of Gender to the Understanding of Agricultural and Development Outcomes in Ghana's Central Region
by Carr, Edward R.
- 916-933 Minimum Wages and Poverty in a Developing Country: Simulations from Indonesia's Household Survey
by Bird, Kelly & Manning, Chris
- 934-952 Disability and the Rural Labor Market in India: Evidence for Males in Tamil Nadu
by Mitra, Sophie & Sambamoorthi, Usha
- 953-968 The Determinants of Water Connection and Water Consumption: Empirical Evidence from a Cambodian Household Survey
by Basani, Marcello & Isham, Jonathan & Reilly, Barry
- 969-985 Economic Heterogeneity and the Commons: Effects on Collective Action and Collective Goods Provisioning
by Ruttan, Lore M.
April 2008, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 541-559 Capital Intensity, Technology Intensity, and Skill Development in Post China/WTO Maquiladoras
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 560-574 Foreign Technology Licensing, Productivity, and Spillovers
by López, Ricardo A.
- 575-589 The Unspeakable Ban: The Translation of Global Pesticide Governance into Honduran National Regulation
by Jansen, Kees
- 590-607 A Conceptual Framework for Community-Based Health Insurance in Low-Income Countries: Social Capital and Economic Development
by Mladovsky, Philipa & Mossialos, Elias
- 608-624 Women Bargaining to Seek Healthcare: Norms, Domestic Practices, and Implications in Rural Burkina Faso
by Nikièma, Béatrice & Haddad, Slim & Potvin, Louise
- 625-640 Migration and Income Diversification:: Evidence from Burkina Faso
by Wouterse, Fleur & Taylor, J. Edward
- 641-658 Why do Beneficiaries Leave the Safety Net in Mexico? A Study of the Effects of Conditionality on Dropouts
by Álvarez, Carola & Devoto, Florencia & Winters, Paul
- 659-676 Civil Conflict and Forced Migration: The Micro Determinants and Welfare Losses of Displacement in Colombia
by Ibáñez, Ana Maria & Vélez, Carlos Eduardo
- 677-705 Civil Society and Good Governance: (Re-) Conceptualizing the Interface
by Roy, Indrajit
- 706-726 Development of Groundwater Markets in China: A Glimpse into Progress to Date
by Zhang, Lijuan & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott
March 2008, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 345-361 The Impact of Immigration: Comparing Two Global Eras
by Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G.
- 362-382 Designing Global Collective Action in Population and HIV/AIDS Programs, 1983-2002: Has Anything Changed?
by van Dalen, Hendrik P.
- 383-398 Are More Democratic Donor Countries More Development Oriented? Domestic Institutions and External Development Promotion in OECD Countries
by Faust, Jörg
- 399-419 Cursing the Blessings? Natural Resource Abundance, Institutions, and Economic Growth
by Brunnschweiler, Christa N.
- 420-445 Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction: Measurement Issues using Income and Non-Income Indicators
by Klasen, Stephan
- 446-460 Redistributive Conflict and Social Policy in Latin America
by Teichman, Judith
- 461-484 An Analysis of a US-Southern African Customs Union (SACU) Free Trade Agreement
by Brown, Drusilla K. & Kiyota, Kozo & Stern, Robert M.
- 485-504 External Debt in Post-Conflict Countries
by Alvarez-Plata, Patricia & Brück, Tilman
- 505-526 Links between the Local Trade in Natural Products, Livelihoods and Poverty Alleviation in a Semi-arid Region of South Africa
by Shackleton, Sheona & Campbell, Bruce & Lotz-Sisitka, Heila & Shackleton, Charlie
- 527-540 Does Charcoal Production Slow Agricultural Expansion into the Peruvian Amazon Rainforest?
by Labarta, Ricardo A. & White, Douglas S. & Swinton, Scott M.
February 2008, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 197-209 Introduction: The Impact of Asian Drivers on the Developing World
by Kaplinsky, Raphael & Messner, Dirk
- 210-234 Asian Growth and Trade Poles: India, China, and East and Southeast Asia
by McDonald, Scott & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen
- 235-253 The Impact of China on Latin America and the Caribbean
by Jenkins, Rhys & Peters, Enrique Dussel & Moreira, Mauricio Mesquita
- 254-273 Do the Asian Drivers Undermine Export-oriented Industrialization in SSA
by Kaplinsky, Raphael & Morris, Mike
- 274-292 Global Governance and Developing Countries: The Implications of the Rise of China
by Gu, Jing & Humphrey, John & Messner, Dirk
- 293-307 Do the Asian Drivers Pull their Diplomatic Weight China, India, and the United Nations
by Cooper, Andrew F. & Fues, Thomas
- 308-324 China's Capacities for Mitigating Climate Change
by Richerzhagen, Carmen & Scholz, Imme
- 325-344 Breakthrough China's and India's Transition from Production to Innovation
by Altenburg, Tilman & Schmitz, Hubert & Stamm, Andreas
January 2008, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-16 Robbing Peter to Pay Paul? Understanding Who Pays for Debt Relief
by Gunter, Bernhard G. & Rahman, Jesmin & Wodon, Quentin
- 17-38 Core Labor Standards and Development: Impact on Long-Term Income
by Bazillier, Remi
- 39-54 The Roles and Performance of State Firms and Non-State Firms in China's Economic Transition
by Li, Shaomin & Xia, Jun
- 55-88 Industrial Policy Changes and Firm-Level Technological Capability Development: Evidence from Northern Brazil
by Figueiredo, Paulo N.
- 89-114 What is the Impact of International Remittances on Poverty and Inequality in Latin America?
by Acosta, Pablo & Calderon, Cesar & Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lopez, Humberto
- 115-127 Is There a Feminization of Poverty in Latin America?
by Medeiros, Marcelo & Costa, Joana
- 128-143 Gender Differentials in Literacy in India: The Intriguing Relationship with Women's Labor Force Participation
by Sundaram, Aparna & Vanneman, Reeve
- 144-158 Genetic Engineering for the Poor: Golden Rice and Public Health in India
by Stein, Alexander J. & Sachdev, H.P.S. & Qaim, Matin
- 159-175 Greener than Thou: The Political Economy of Fish Ecolabeling and Its Local Manifestations in South Africa
by Ponte, Stefano
- 176-195 Fifteen Years of Empirical Research on Collective Action in Natural Resource Management: Struggling to Build Large-N Databases Based on Qualitative Research
by Poteete, Amy R. & Ostrom, Elinor
December 2007, Volume 35, Issue 12
- 2041-2055 Human Rights, the Millennium Development Goals, and the Future of Development Cooperation
by Nelson, Paul J.
- 2056-2078 Sri Lanka's Rural Non-Farm Economy: Removing Constraints to Pro-Poor Growth
by Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Sur, Mona
- 2079-2095 North versus South: The Impact of Social Norms in the Market Pricing of Private Property Rights in Vietnam
by Kim, Annette M.
- 2096-2109 Gendered Realities: Exploring Property Ownership and Tenancy Relationships in Urban India
by Baruah, Bipasha
- 2110-2130 Are Environmental Social Movements Socially Exclusive? An Historical Study from Thailand
by Forsyth, Tim
- 2131-2149 For Better or for Worse? Local Impacts of the Decentralization of Indonesia's Forest Sector
by Palmer, Charles & Engel, Stefanie
- 2150-2160 Who will Meet China's Import Demand for Forest Products?
by Zhang, Jian & gan, Jianbang
- 2161-2181 Power, Development, and Institutional Change: Participatory Governance in the Lower Mekong Basin
by Sneddon, Chris & Fox, Coleen
- 2182-2202 Protected Areas and Resettlement: What Scope for Voluntary Relocation?
by Schmidt-Soltau, Kai & Brockington, Dan
November 2007, Volume 35, Issue 11
- 1815-1835 The Economic Impact of Islam on Developing Countries
by Pryor, Frederic L.
- 1836-1857 Are Economic Liberalization and Equality Compatible? Evidence from South Asia
by Wagle, Udaya R.
- 1858-1871 Openness, Growth and Poverty: The Case of Taiwan
by Tsai, Pan-Long & Huang, Chao-Hsi
- 1872-1888 Grain Marketing Parastatals in Asia: Results from Six Case Studies
by Rashid, Shahidur & Cummings Jr., Ralph & Gulati, Ashok
- 1889-1903 Business-Government Relations and Industrial Change: The Politics of Upgrading in Morocco and Tunisia
by Cammett, Melani
- 1904-1928 Globalization, Free Trade, and the Social Impact of the Decline of Informal Production: The Case of Artisans in Quito, Ecuador
by Middleton, Alan
- 1929-1946 Group Inequalities and the Nature and Power of Collective Action: Case Studies from Peru
by Munoz, Ismael & Paredes, Maritza & Thorp, Rosemary
- 1947-1960 For Reducing Poverty Faster: Target Reasons Before People
by Krishna, Anirudh
- 1961-1974 In Search of Improved Rural Livelihoods in Semi-Arid Regions through Local Management of Natural Resources: Lessons from Case Studies in Zimbabwe
by Frost, Peter & Campbell, Bruce & Luckert, Martin (marty) & Mutamba, Manyewu & Mandondo, Alois & Kozanayi, Witness
- 1975-1988 Do Women's Land Rights Promote Empowerment and Child Health in Nepal?
by Allendorf, Keera
- 1989-2009 Effect of Flood on Agricultural Wages in Bangladesh: An Empirical Analysis
by Banerjee, Lopamudra
- 2010-2025 Why May Forest Devolution Not Benefit the Rural Poor? Forest Entitlements in Vietnam's Central Highlands
by Sikor, Thomas & Nguyen, Tan Quang
- 2026-2039 Paper Walls Are Easier to Tear Down: Passport Costs and Legal Barriers to Emigration
by McKenzie, David
October 2007, Volume 35, Issue 10
- 1595-1620 The Competitiveness of Nations: Why Some Countries Prosper While Others Fall Behind
by Fagerberg, Jan & Srholec, Martin & Knell, Mark
- 1621-1634 Rural Industrialization in China and India: Role of Policies and Institutions
by Mukherjee, Anit & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 1635-1649 Grassroots Democracy and Local Governance: Evidence from Rural China
by Wang, Shuna & Yao, Yang
- 1650-1683 Comparison of Energy Transitions in the United States and Developing and Industrializing Economies
by Marcotullio, Peter J. & Schulz, Niels B.
- 1684-1698 Promoting the "Development Dividend" of Climate Technology Transfer: Can Cross-sector Partnerships Help?
by Forsyth, Tim
- 1699-1720 Reclaiming Development? NGOs and the Challenge of Alternatives
by Mitlin, Diana & Hickey, Sam & Bebbington, Anthony
- 1721-1738 Mainstreaming Microfinance: Social Performance Management or Mission Drift?
by Copestake, James
- 1739-1753 Gender and Property Formalization: Conventional and Alternative Approaches
by Varley, Ann
- 1754-1778 The Challenge of Upgrading in African Industries: Socio-Spatial Factors and the Urban Environment in Mwanza, Tanzania
by Murphy, James T.
- 1779-1795 Does Privatization Improve Job Satisfaction? The Case of Ghana
by Asiedu, Kofi Fred & Folmer, Henk
- 1796-1813 Transition from Karez to Tubewell Irrigation: Development, Modernization, and Social Capital in Balochistan, Pakistan
by Mustafa, Daanish & Qazi, Muhammed Usman
September 2007, Volume 35, Issue 9
- 1481-1488 Introduction to the Special Issue on "Property Rights, Collective Action, and Local Conservation of Genetic Resources"
by Eyzaguirre, Pablo & Gregorio, Monica Di & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth
- 1489-1498 The Impacts of Collective Action and Property Rights on Plant Genetic Resources
by Eyzaguirre, Pablo B. & Dennis, Evan M.
- 1499-1514 Farmers' Rights and Protection of Traditional Agricultural Knowledge
by Brush, Stephen B.
- 1515-1528 Protecting Farmers' New Varieties: New Approaches to Rights on Collective Innovations in Plant Genetic Resources
by Salazar, Rene & Louwaars, Niels P. & Visser, Bert
- 1529-1541 Property Rights and the Management of Animal Genetic Resources
by Anderson, Simon & Centonze, Roberta
- 1542-1563 Are there Customary Rights to Plants? An Inquiry among the Baganda (Uganda), with Special Attention to Gender
by Howard, Patricia L. & Nabanoga, Gorettie
- 1564-1578 Local Institutions and Plant Genetic Conservation: Exchange of Plant Genetic Resources in Rural Uzbekistan and some Theoretical Implications
by Dennis, Evan & Ilyasov, Jarilkasin & van Dusen, Eric & Treshkin, Sergey & Lee, Marina & Eyzaguirre, Pablo
- 1579-1593 The Dynamics of Farmers' Maize Seed Supply Practices in the Central Valleys of Oaxaca, Mexico
by Badstue, Lone B. & Bellon, Mauricio R. & Berthaud, Julien & Ramirez, Alejandro & Flores, Dagoberto & Juarez, Xochitl
August 2007, Volume 35, Issue 8
- 1307-1328 Banking on the Equator. Are Banks that Adopted the Equator Principles Different from Non-Adopters?
by Scholtens, Bert & Dam, Lammertjan
- 1329-1340 Revisiting Price-based Controls on Capital Inflows in a "Sophisticated" Emerging Market
by David, Antonio C.
- 1341-1358 Synergies through Linkages: Who Benefits from Linking Micro-Finance and Business Development Services?
by Sievers, Merten & Vandenberg, Paul
- 1359-1375 Can the Design of Community-Driven Development Reduce the Risk of Elite Capture? Evidence from Indonesia
by Fritzen, Scott A.
- 1376-1389 Improving Nutrition through Community Growth Promotion: Longitudinal Study of the Nutrition and Early Child Development Program in Uganda
by Alderman, Harold
- 1390-1403 Caring and Contributing: The Role of Older Women in Rural South African Multi-generational Households in the HIV/AIDS Era
by Schatz, Enid & Ogunmefun, Catherine
- 1404-1421 Protecting the Poor? The Distributional Impact of a Bundled Insurance Scheme
by Sinha, Tara & Ranson, M. Kent & Mills, Anne J.
- 1422-1435 Adoption and Impact of Hybrid Wheat in India
by Matuschke, Ira & Mishra, Ritesh R. & Qaim, Matin
- 1436-1449 Evaluating Social Impacts of Watershed Development in India
by Hope, R.A.
- 1450-1463 Organizing for Governance: Building Collaboration in Brazilian River Basins
by Abers, Rebecca Neaera
- 1464-1480 Diversification into Horticulture and Poverty Reduction: A Research Agenda
by Weinberger, Katinka & Lumpkin, Thomas A.
July 2007, Volume 35, Issue 7
- 1099-1119 A New Resource Curse? Impacts of China's Boom on Comparative Advantage and Resource Dependence in Southeast Asia
by Coxhead, Ian
- 1120-1133 Explaining Korea's Lower Investment Levels After the Crisis
by Kinkyo, Takuji
- 1134-1151 Imports, Productivity Growth, and Supply Chain Learning
by Blalock, Garrick & Veloso, Francisco M.
- 1152-1171 Certification and Communities: Alternatives for Regulating the Environmental and Social Impacts of Shrimp Farming
by Vandergeest, Peter
- 1172-1185 Loose Fruit Mamas: Creating Incentives for Smallholder Women in Oil Palm Production in Papua New Guinea
by Koczberski, Gina
- 1186-1203 Development Through Conservation: An Institutional Analysis of Indigenous Community-Based Conservation in Taiwan
by Tai, Hsing-Sheng
- 1204-1220 Household Bargaining Power and Agricultural Supply Response: Evidence from Ethiopian Coffee Growers
by Lim, Sung Soo & Winter-Nelson, Alex & Arends-Kuenning, Mary
- 1221-1236 The Perverse Effects of High Brideprices
by Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Gaspart, Frederic
- 1237-1258 Understanding Victimization: The Case of Mozambique
by Barslund, Mikkel & Rand, John & Tarp, Finn & Chiconela, Jacinto
- 1259-1276 Multidimensional Measures of Well-Being: Standard of Living and Quality of Life Across Countries
by Berenger, Valerie & Verdier-Chouchane, Audrey
- 1277-1305 Civil Society in Post-Communist Eastern Europe and Eurasia: A Cross-National Analysis of Micro- and Macro-Factors
by Petrova, Velina P.
June 2007, Volume 35, Issue 6
- 931-940 Opening the Ivory Tower to Business: University-Industry Linkages and the Development of Knowledge-Intensive Clusters in Asian Cities
by Hershberg, Eric & Nabeshima, Kaoru & Yusuf, Shahid
- 941-958 Towards an "Entrepreneurial University" Model to Support Knowledge-Based Economic Development: The Case of the National University of Singapore
by Wong, Poh-Kam & Ho, Yuen-Ping & Singh, Annette
- 959-975 Global Assemblage: Singapore, Foreign Universities, and the Construction of a "Global Education Hub"
by Olds, Kris
- 976-990 How Japanese Companies have used Scientific Advances to Restructure their Businesses: The Receiver-Active National System of Innovation
by Kodama, Fumio & Suzuki, Jun
- 991-1004 Universities, Clusters, and Innovation Systems: The Case of Seoul, Korea
by Sohn, Dong-Won & Kenney, Martin
- 1005-1020 Enhancing the Role of Universities in Building National Innovative Capacity in Asia: The Case of Taiwan
by Mathews, John A. & Hu, Mei-Chih
- 1021-1036 University-Industry Linkages and Economic Development: The Case of Thailand
by Brimble, Peter & Doner, Richard F.
- 1037-1055 Role of Educational and R&D Institutions in City Clusters: An Exploratory Study of Bangalore and Pune Regions in India
by Basant, Rakesh & Chandra, Pankaj
- 1056-1074 Universities/Research Institutes and Regional Innovation Systems: The Cases of Beijing and Shenzhen
by Chen, Kun & Kenney, Martin
- 1075-1093 Cultivating Research Universities and Industrial Linkages in China: The Case of Shanghai
by Wu, Weiping
May 2007, Volume 35, Issue 5
- 735-751 The Trouble with the MDGs: Confronting Expectations of Aid and Development Success
by Clemens, Michael A. & Kenny, Charles J. & Moss, Todd J.
- 752-771 Sources of Growth Revisited: Evidence from Selected MENA Countries
by Abu-Qarn, Aamer S. & Abu-Bader, Suleiman
- 772-791 The Next Wave of Globalization: Relocating Service Provision to India
by Dossani, Rafiq & Kenney, Martin
- 792-814 A Framework for the Integration of Diverse Learning Approaches: Operationalizing Agricultural Research and Development (R&D) Linkages in Eastern Africa
by German, Laura & Stroud, Ann
- 815-834 Subdividing the Commons: Distributional Conflict in the Transition from Collective to Individual Property Rights in Kenya's Maasailand
by Mwangi, Esther
- 835-856 Poverty Traps and Natural Disasters in Ethiopia and Honduras
by Carter, Michael R. & Little, Peter D. & Mogues, Tewodaj & Negatu, Workneh
- 857-880 Domestic Violence and Dowry: Evidence from a South Indian Village
by Srinivasan, Sharada & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 881-903 Son Preference and Child Labor in Nepal: The Household Impact of Sending Girls to Work
by Koolwal, Gayatri B.
- 904-919 Support for Democracy in Malawi: Does Schooling Matter?
by Evans, Geoffrey & Rose, Pauline
- 920-928 "Achieving Child-Health-Related Millennium Development Goals: The Role of Infrastructure"--A Comment
by Ravallion, Martin
- 929-930 "Achieving Child-Health-Related Millennium Development Goals: The Role of Infrastructure"--A Reply
by Fay, Marianne & Leipziger, Daniel & Wodon, Quentin & Yepes, Tito
April 2007, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 543-568 Economic Development and the Escape from High Mortality
by Birchenall, Javier A.
- 569-584 The Decline of Township-and-Village Enterprises in China's Economic Transition
by Kung, James Kai-sing & Lin, Yi-min
- 585-606 Crisis, Connections, and Class: How Social Ties Affect Household Welfare
by Wetterberg, Anna
- 607-625 Household Contributions to Community Development in Indonesia
by Beard, Victoria A.
- 626-648 Building Local Democracy: Evaluating the Impact of Decentralization in Kerala, India
by Heller, Patrick & Harilal, K.N. & Chaudhuri, Shubham
- 649-662 Citizen Feedback and Delivery of Urban Services
by Deichmann, Uwe & Lall, Somik V.
- 663-686 Investing in Farmers--The Impacts of Farmer Field Schools in Relation to Integrated Pest Management
by Van den Berg, Henk & Jiggins, Janice
- 687-701 Do Government Food Price Policies Affect the Prevalence of Obesity? Empirical Evidence from Egypt
by Asfaw, Abay
- 702-713 Fiscal Allocation for Education in Sub-Saharan Africa: Implications of the External Debt Service Constraint
by Fosu, Augustin Kwasi
- 714-733 Privatization, State Ownership, and Bank Performance in Egypt
by Omran, Mohammed
March 2007, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 355-376 Fear of China: Is There a Future for Manufacturing in Latin America?
by Mesquita Moreira, Mauricio
- 377-393 Explaining Export Success: Firm Characteristics and Spillover Effects
by Alvarez, Roberto
- 394-409 Gender and Well-being in the Dominican Republic: The Impact of Free Trade Zone Employment and Female Headship
by Liberato, Ana S.Q. & Fennell, Dana
- 410-425 Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers - What Do We Really Know?
by Crespo, Nuno & Fontoura, Maria Paula
- 426-438 Biotechnology and Nanotechnology: Science-based Enabling Technologies as Windows of Opportunity for LDCs?
by Niosi, Jorge & Reid, Susan E.
- 439-453 Foreign Aid and Fiscal Governance in Melanesia
by Feeny, Simon
- 454-479 Development through Positive Deviance and its Implications for Economic Policy Making and Public Administration in Africa: The Case of Kenyan Agricultural Development, 1930-2005
by Ochieng, Cosmas Milton Obote
- 480-497 Bayesian Herders: Updating of Rainfall Beliefs in Response to External Forecasts
by Lybbert, Travis J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & McPeak, John G. & Luseno, Winnie K.
- 498-511 Credit, Natural Disasters, Coffee, and Educational Attainment in Rural Honduras
by Gitter, Seth R. & Barham, Bradford L.
- 512-531 The Value of Statistical Life and the Economics of Landmine Clearance in Developing Countries
by Gibson, John & Barns, Sandra & Cameron, Michael & Lim, Steven & Scrimgeour, Frank & Tressler, John
- 532-541 Worlds Apart? Ethnographic Reflections on "Effective Literacy" and Intrahousehold Externalities
by Maddox, Bryan
- 542-541 Corrigendum to "Poverty Alleviation as Business Strategy? Evaluating Commitments of Frontrunner Multinational Corporations" [World Development 34 (2006) 789-801]
by Kolk, Ans & Van Tulder, Rob & Westdijk, Bart
February 2007, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 183-196 Epistemology, Normative Theory and Poverty Analysis: Implications for Q-Squared in Practice
by Kanbur, Ravi & Shaffer, Paul
- 197-211 Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Methods in Assessing Chronic Poverty: The Case of Rwanda
by Howe, Gerard & McKay, Andrew
- 212-229 "Hearing the Voices of the Poor": Assigning Poverty Lines on the Basis of Local Perceptions of Poverty. A Quantitative Analysis of Qualitative Data from Participatory Wealth Ranking in Rural South Africa
by Hargreaves, James R. & Morison, Linda A. & Gear, John S.S. & Makhubele, Mzamani B. & Porter, John D.H. & Busza, Joanna & Watts, Charlotte & Kim, Julia C. & Pronyk, Paul M.
- 230-246 Governance in the Gullies: Democratic Responsiveness and Leadership in Delhi's Slums
by Jha, Saumitra & Rao, Vijayendra & Woolcock, Michael
- 247-263 Methodological Innovations in Research on the Dynamics of Poverty: A Longitudinal Study in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
by Adato, Michelle & Lund, Francie & Mhlongo, Phakama