The impact of receiving SMS price and weather information on small scale farmers in Colombia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shimamoto, Daichi & Yamada, Hiroyuki & Gummert, Martin, 2015. "Mobile phones and market information: Evidence from rural Cambodia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 135-141.
- repec:tpr:restat:v:100:y:2018:i:1:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tadesse, Getaw & Bahiigwa, Godfrey, 2015.
"Mobile Phones and Farmers’ Marketing Decisions in Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 296-307.
- Tadesse, Getaw & Bahiigwa, Godfrey, 2015. "Mobile Phones and Farmers’ Marketing Decisions in Ethiopia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212685, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nakasone, Eduardo, 2013. "The Role of Price Information in Agricultural Markets: Experimental Evidence from Rural Peru," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150418, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Aker, Jenny C. & Ksoll, Christopher, 2016. "Can mobile phones improve agricultural outcomes? Evidence from a randomized experiment in Niger," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 44-51.
- Shawn A. Cole & A. Nilesh Fernando, 2012. "‘Mobile’izing Agricultural Advice: Technology Adoption, Diffusion and Sustainability," Harvard Business School Working Papers 13-047, Harvard Business School, revised Mar 2016.
- Jenny C. Aker & Marcel Fafchamps, 2015.
"Mobile Phone Coverage and Producer Markets: Evidence from West Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 29(2), pages 262-292.
- Aker, Jenny & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2013. "Mobile Phone Coverage and Producer Markets: Evidence from West Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 9491, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aker, Jenny C. & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2014. "Mobile phone coverage and producer markets : evidence from West Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6986, The World Bank.
- Jenny C. Aker & Marcel Fafchamps, 2013. "Mobile Phone Coverage and Producer Markets: Evidence from West Africa," CSAE Working Paper Series 2013-09, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Catherine Larochelle & Jeffrey Alwang & Elli Travis & Victor Hugo Barrera & Juan Manuel Dominguez Andrade, 2019.
"Did You Really Get the Message? Using Text Reminders to Stimulate Adoption of Agricultural Technologies,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(4), pages 548-564, April.
- Larochelle, Catherine & Alwang, Jeffrey & Travis, Elli, 2016. "Did you really get the message? Using text reminders to stimulate adoption of agricultural technologies," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235423, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Diether W. Beuermann, 2015.
"Information and Communications Technology, Agricultural Profitability and Child Labor in Rural Peru,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 988-1005, November.
- Beuermann, Diether, 2013. "Information and Communication Technology, Agricultural Profitability, and Child Labor in Rural Peru," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4645, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jenny C. Aker, 2010. "Information from Markets Near and Far: Mobile Phones and Agricultural Markets in Niger," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 46-59, July.
- Alberto Abadie & Susan Athey & Guido Imbens & Jeffrey Wooldridge, 2017.
"When Should You Adjust Standard Errors for Clustering?,"
1710.02926, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2017.
- Alberto Abadie & Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens & Jeffrey Wooldridge, 2017. "When Should You Adjust Standard Errors for Clustering?," NBER Working Papers 24003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abadie, Alberto & Athey, Susan & Imbens, Guido W. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey, 2017. "When Should You Adjust Standard Errors for Clustering?," Research Papers repec:ecl:stabus:3596, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Thaler, Richard, 2003. "A survey of behavioral finance," Handbook of the Economics of Finance, in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 18, pages 1053-1128, Elsevier.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Bart Minten, 2012. "Impact of SMS-Based Agricultural Information on Indian Farmers," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 26(3), pages 383-414.
- Agarwal, Bina, 2018. "Can group farms outperform individual family farms? Empirical insights from India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 57-73.
- Robert Jensen, 2007. "The Digital Provide: Information (Technology), Market Performance, and Welfare in the South Indian Fisheries Sector," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(3), pages 879-924.
- Labonne, Julien & Chase, Robert S., 2009. "The power of information : the impact of mobile phones on farmers'welfare in the Philippines," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4996, The World Bank.
- Huberman, Gur, 2001. "Familiarity Breeds Investment," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 659-680.
- Eduardo Nakasone & Maximo Torero & Bart Minten, 2014. "The Power of Information: The ICT Revolution in Agricultural Development," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 533-550, October.
- Sandip Mitra & Dilip Mookherjee & Maximo Torero & Sujata Visaria, 2018.
"Asymmetric Information and Middleman Margins: An Experiment with Indian Potato Farmers,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 100(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Sandip Mitra & Dilip Mookherjee & Maximo Torero & Sujata Visaria, 2015. "Asymmetric Information and Middleman Margins: An Experiment with Indian Potato Farmers," HKUST IEMS Working Paper Series 2015-29, HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies, revised Aug 2015.
- Mitra, Sandip & Mookherjee, Dilip & Torero, Maximo & Visaria, Sujata, 2016. "Asymmetric Information and Middleman Margins: An Experiment with Indian Potato Farmers," CEPR Discussion Papers 11548, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Ruth Vargas Hill, 2008. "Price Transmission and Trader Entry in Domestic Commodity Markets," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(4), pages 729-766, July.
- repec:bla:jageco:v:69:y:2018:i:2:p:476-494 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alene, Arega D. & Manyong, V.M. & Omanya, G. & Mignouna, H.D. & Bokanga, M. & Odhiambo, G., 2008. "Smallholder market participation under transactions costs: Maize supply and fertilizer demand in Kenya," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 318-328, August.
- Muto, Megumi & Yamano, Takashi, 2009. "The Impact of Mobile Phone Coverage Expansion on Market Participation: Panel Data Evidence from Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1887-1896, December.
- Arega, D.A. & Manyong, Victor M. & Omanya, G. & Mignouna, H.D. & Bokanga, M. & Odhiambo, George D., 2008. "Smallholder marketed surplus and input use under transactions costs: maize supply and fertilizer demand in Kenya," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52074, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
More about this item
KeywordsPrices and weather; Agriculture; SMS; Colombia;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:123:y:2019:i:c:12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.