Will digital technologies transform agriculture in developing countries ?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Uwe Deichmann & Aparajita Goyal & Deepak Mishra, 2016. "Will digital technologies transform agriculture in developing countries?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(S1), pages 21-33, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo & Michael Kremer & Jonathan Robinson, 2008. "How High Are Rates of Return to Fertilizer? Evidence from Field Experiments in Kenya," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 482-488, May.
- Jenny C. Aker & Marcel Fafchamps, 2015.
"Mobile Phone Coverage and Producer Markets: Evidence from West Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 29(2), pages 262-292.
- Aker, Jenny & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2013. "Mobile Phone Coverage and Producer Markets: Evidence from West Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 9491, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aker, Jenny C. & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2014. "Mobile phone coverage and producer markets : evidence from West Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6986, The World Bank.
- Jenny C. Aker & Marcel Fafchamps, 2013. "Mobile Phone Coverage and Producer Markets: Evidence from West Africa," CSAE Working Paper Series 2013-09, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Tavneet Suri, 2011. "Selection and Comparative Advantage in Technology Adoption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(1), pages 159-209, January.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Cunden, Mayen & Heck, Eric Van, 2004. "Bargaining Power and Information Technology in African-European Business Relationships:: Case of the Dutch Flower Auctions," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 573-587, October.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2010.
"Learning about a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(1), pages 35-69, March.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2005. "Learning about a new technology: pineapple in Ghana," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Conley, T.G. & Udry, C.R., 2000. "Learning about a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Papers 817, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Timothy G. Conley & Christopher R. Udry, 2000. "Learning About a New Technology: Pineapple in Ghana," Working Papers 817, Economic Growth Center, Yale University, revised May 2004.
- Foster, Andrew D & Rosenzweig, Mark R, 1995.
"Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1176-1209, December.
- Mark Rosenzweig & Andrew D. Foster, "undated". "Learning by Doing and Learning from Others: Human Capital and Technical Change in Agriculture," Home Pages _068, University of Pennsylvania.
- Merel, Pierre R. & Sexton, Richard & Suzuki, Aya, 2008. "AJAE Appendix: Optimal Investment in Transportation Infrastructure When Middlemen Have Market Power: A Developing-Country Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics APPENDICES, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-20, September.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Kaivan Munshi, 2004. "How Efficiently is Capital Allocated? Evidence from the Knitted Garment Industry in Tirupur," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 71(1), pages 19-42.
- Tadesse, Getaw & Bahiigwa, Godfrey, 2015.
"Mobile Phones and Farmers’ Marketing Decisions in Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 296-307.
- Tadesse, Getaw & Bahiigwa, Godfrey, 2015. "Mobile Phones and Farmers’ Marketing Decisions in Ethiopia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212685, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Diether W. Beuermann & Christopher McKelvey & Renos Vakis, 2012. "Mobile Phones and Economic Development in Rural Peru," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(11), pages 1617-1628, November.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2000.
"Land Reform, Poverty Reduction, and Growth: Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 389-430.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 1998. "Land reform, poverty reduction and growth : evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2018, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 1998. "Land Reform, Poverty Reduction and Growth: Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 13, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- David H. Autor, 2015. "Why Are There Still So Many Jobs? The History and Future of Workplace Automation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 3-30, Summer.
- Sandip Mitra & Dilip Mookherjee & Maximo Torero & Sujata Visaria, 2018.
"Asymmetric Information and Middleman Margins: An Experiment with Indian Potato Farmers,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 100(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Sandip Mitra & Dilip Mookherjee & Maximo Torero & Sujata Visaria, 2015. "Asymmetric Information and Middleman Margins: An Experiment with Indian Potato Farmers," HKUST IEMS Working Paper Series 2015-29, HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies, revised Aug 2015.
- Mitra, Sandip & Mookherjee, Dilip & Torero, Maximo & Visaria, Sujata, 2016. "Asymmetric Information and Middleman Margins: An Experiment with Indian Potato Farmers," CEPR Discussion Papers 11548, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tara Mitchell, 2014. "Is Knowledge Power? Competition and Information in Agricultural Markets," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp456, IIIS.
- World Bank, 2011. "ICT in Agriculture : Connecting Smallholders to Knowledge, Networks, and Institutions," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12613, The World Bank.
- Jenny C. Aker, 2010. "Information from Markets Near and Far: Mobile Phones and Agricultural Markets in Niger," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 46-59, July.
- Glenn Ellison & Sara Fisher Ellison, 2005. "Lessons About Markets from the Internet," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(2), pages 139-158, Spring.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1989. "The new institutional economics and development theory: A brief critical assessment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(9), pages 1389-1395, September.
- Ogutu, Sylvester Ochieng & Okello, Julius Juma & Otieno, David Jakinda, 2014. "Impact of Information and Communication Technology-Based Market Information Services on Smallholder Farm Input Use and Productivity: The Case of Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 311-321.
- Robert Jensen, 2007. "The Digital Provide: Information (Technology), Market Performance, and Welfare in the South Indian Fisheries Sector," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(3), pages 879-924.
- Eduardo Nakasone & Maximo Torero & Bart Minten, 2014. "The Power of Information: The ICT Revolution in Agricultural Development," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 533-550, October.
- Hal R. Varian, 2014. "Big Data: New Tricks for Econometrics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 28(2), pages 3-28, Spring.
- Cole, Shawn A. & Fernando, A. Nilesh, 2013. "The Value of Advice: Evidence from Mobile Phone-Based Agricultural Extension," 2013 Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160520, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- MacKie-Mason, J.K. & Varian, H.L., 1993. "Some Economists of the Internet," Papers 93-16, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Jakob Svensson & David Yanagizawa, 2009. "Getting Prices Right: The Impact of the Market Information Service in Uganda," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 7(2-3), pages 435-445, 04-05.
- Harald Gruber & Pantelis Koutroumpis, 2011. "Mobile telecommunications and the impact on economic development," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 26(67), pages 387-426, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:131:y:2018:i:c:p:253-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank Group, "undated". "Africa's Pulse, No. 14, October 2016," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25097, The World Bank.
- Aparajita Goyal & John Nash, 2016. "Reaping Richer Returns, Preliminary Overview," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25782, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsICT Policy and Strategies; ICT Economics; Climate Change and Agriculture;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-06-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-PAY-2016-06-14 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:7669. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.