September 2005, Volume 33, Issue 9
- 1511-1527 How can market mechanisms for forest environmental services help the poor? Preliminary lessons from Latin America
by Grieg-Gran, Maryanne & Porras, Ina & Wunder, Sven
- 1529-1543 Community forest enterprises as entrepreneurial Firms: Economic and institutional perspectives from Mexico
by Antinori, Camille & Bray, David Barton
August 2005, Volume 33, Issue 8
- 1201-1214 How can the security of international trade be financed in developing countries? A global public good Approach
by Dulbecco, Philippe & Laporte, Bertrand
- 1215-1232 Religion and economic performance
by Noland, Marcus
- 1233-1265 Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa: New Data and New Insights from Anthropometric Estimates
by Moradi, Alexander & Baten, Joerg
- 1267-1284 Achieving child-health-related Millennium Development Goals: The role of infrastructure
by Fay, Marianne & Leipziger, Danny & Wodon, Quentin & Yepes, Tito
- 1285-1305 Why Is Child Malnutrition Lower in Urban Than in Rural Areas? Evidence from 36 Developing Countries
by Smith, Lisa C. & Ruel, Marie T. & Ndiaye, Aida
- 1307-1324 Regulatory Reforms in the Telecommunications Sector in Developing Countries: The Role of Democracy and Private Interests
by Li, Wei & Qiang, Christine Zhen-Wei & Xu, Lixin Colin
- 1325-1344 Technology transfer from TNCs to local suppliers in developing countries: A study of AB Volvo's truck and bus plants in Brazil, China, India, and Mexico
by Ivarsson, Inge & Alvstam, Claes Goran
- 1345-1364 The Shifting Natures of "Development": Growth, Crisis, and Recovery in Indonesia's Forests
by Gellert, Paul K.
- 1365-1378 The right to development and indigenous peoples: Lessons from New Zealand
by Gibbs, Meredith
July 2005, Volume 33, Issue 7
- 1029-1044 Resource intensity, institutions, and development
by Bulte, Erwin H. & Damania, Richard & Deacon, Robert T.
- 1045-1063 Openness and inequality in developing countries: A review of theory and recent evidence
by Anderson, Edward
- 1065-1081 Women's discrimination in developing countries: A new data set for better policies
by Morrisson, Christian & Jutting, Johannes P.
- 1083-1099 Public management and the essential public health functions
by Khaleghian, Peyvand & Gupta, Monica Das
- 1101-1114 Decentralization and Participation: The Governance of Common Pool Resources in Nepal's Terai
by Agrawal, Arun & Gupta, Krishna
- 1115-1128 Can Income Programs Reduce Tropical Forest Pressure? Income Shocks and Forest Use in Malawi
by Fisher, Monica & Shively, Gerald
- 1129-1152 Migration to cities in Burkina Faso: Does the level of development in sending areas matter?
by Beauchemin, Cris & Schoumaker, Bruno
- 1153-1182 The absorptive capacities of South African automotive component suppliers
by Lorentzen, Jochen
- 1183-1200 Assessing Indirect Tax Reform in a Tourism-Dependent Developing Country
by Gooroochurn, Nishaal & Milner, Chris
June 2005, Volume 33, Issue 6
- 851-865 Exploring the Politics of Chronic Poverty: From Representation to a Politics of Justice?
by Hickey, Sam & Bracking, Sarah
- 867-879 From correlates and characteristics to causes: thinking about poverty from a chronic poverty perspective
by Green, Maia & Hulme, David
- 881-891 Destitution and the Poverty of its Politics--With Special Reference to South Asia
by Harriss-White, Barbara
- 893-906 The inequality of social capital and the reproduction of chronic poverty
by Cleaver, Frances
- 907-920 When and how far is group formation a route out of chronic poverty?
by Thorp, Rosemary & Stewart, Frances & Heyer, Amrik
- 921-936 Civil society and propoor initiatives in rural Bangladesh: finding a workable strategy
by Blair, Harry
- 937-950 Donor-NGO relations and representations of livelihood in nongovernmental aid ahains
by Bebbington, Anthony
- 951-964 Beyond comparative anecdotalism: lessons on civil society and participation from Sao Paulo, Brazil
by Lavalle, Adrian Gurza & Acharya, Arnab & Houtzager, Peter P.
- 965-977 Productivity and Virtue: Elite Categories of the Poor in Bangladesh
by Hossain, Naomi
- 979-993 Poverty reduction as a local institutional process
by Bastiaensen, Johan & Herdt, Tom De & D'Exelle, Ben
- 995-1009 The politics of staying poor: exploring the political space for poverty reduction in Uganda
by Hickey, Sam
- 1011-1024 Guided Miscreants: Liberalism, Myopias, and the Politics of Representation
by Bracking, Sarah
May 2005, Volume 33, Issue 5
- 681-700 The Impact of Investment in IT on Economic Performance: Implications for Developing Countries
by Indjikian, Rouben & Siegel, Donald S.
- 701-728 The Transformation of Competitive Advantage in East Asia: An Analysis of Technological and Trade Specialization
by Uchida, Yuichiro & Cook, Paul
- 729-743 Economic Liberalization, the Changing Role of the State and "Wagner's Law": China's Development Experience since 1978
by Tobin, Damian
- 745-761 Coalitional politics, economic reform, and technological upgrading in Malaysia
by Ritchie, Bryan K.
- 763-783 Kerala's industrial backwardness: a case of path dependence in industrialization?
by Thomas, Jayan Jose
- 785-803 Export processing zones in Madagascar: a success story under threat?
by Cling, Jean-Pierre & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, Francois
- 805-822 Bringing the firm back in: local decision making and human capital development in Mexico's maquiladora sector
by Samstad, James G. & Pipkin, Seth
- 823-850 Marital violence, human development and women's property status in India
by Panda, Pradeep & Agarwal, Bina
April 2005, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 527-547 The impact of technology and structural change on export performance in nine developing countries
by Montobbio, Fabio & Rampa, Francesco
- 549-573 Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters
by Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta
- 575-591 State transfers to the poor and back: The case of the Food-for-Work program in India
by Deshingkar, Priya & Johnson, Craig & Farrington, John
- 593-615 Daughters or dowries? The changing nature of dowry practices in south India
by Srinivasan, Sharada
- 617-638 Where is the Poverty-Environment Nexus? Evidence from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam
by Dasgupta, Susmita & Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Wheeler, David
- 639-655 Community-based forest management within the context of institutional decentralization in Honduras
by Nygren, Anja
- 657-679 The governance of non-governmental organizations in Uganda
by Barr, Abigail & Fafchamps, Marcel & Owens, Trudy
March 2005, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 333-354 Global Educational Expansion and Socio-Economic Development: An Assessment of Findings from the Social Sciences
by Hannum, Emily & Buchmann, Claudia
- 355-370 Aid, Government Expenditure, and Aggregate Welfare
by Gomanee, Karuna & Morrissey, Oliver & Mosley, Paul & Verschoor, Arjan
- 371-391 The Effects of IMF and World Bank Lending on Long-Run Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis
by Butkiewicz, James L. & Yanikkaya, Halit
- 393-407 Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: An Increasingly Endogenous Relationship
by Li, Xiaoying & Liu, Xiaming
- 409-430 New Challenges for Developing Country Suppliers in Global Clothing Chains: A Comparative European Perspective
by Palpacuer, Florence & Gibbon, Peter & Thomsen, Lotte
- 431-454 Constrained Geographical Mobility and Gendered Labor Market Outcomes Under Structural Adjustment: Evidence from Egypt
by Assaad, Ragui & Arntz, Melanie
- 455-480 Child Labor and Schooling Decisions in Urban and Rural Areas: Comparative Evidence from Nepal, Peru, and Zimbabwe
by Ersado, Lire
- 481-496 Right Target, Wrong Mechanism? Agricultural Modernization and Poverty Reduction in Uganda
by Bahiigwa, Godfrey & Rigby, Dan & Woodhouse, Philip
- 497-511 Confronting the Coffee Crisis: Can Fair Trade, Organic, and Specialty Coffees Reduce Small-Scale Farmer Vulnerability in Northern Nicaragua?
by Bacon, Christopher
- 513-526 Modeling the Defense-Growth Nexus in Guatemala
by Reitschuler, Gerhard & Loening, Josef L.
February 2005, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 193-197 Institutional Arrangements for Rural Poverty Reduction and Resource Conservation
by Barrett, Christopher B. & Lee, David R. & McPeak, John G.
- 199-217 Can Habitat Protection Lead to Improvements in Human Well-Being? Evidence from Marine Protected Areas in the Philippines
by Gjertsen, Heidi
- 219-235 A Tale of Two Communities: Explaining Deforestation in Mexico
by Alix-Garcia, Jennifer & Janvry, Alain de & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 237-253 Can Payments for Environmental Services Help Reduce Poverty? An Exploration of the Issues and the Evidence to Date from Latin America
by Pagiola, Stefano & Arcenas, Agustin & Platais, Gunars
- 255-272 Paying for Environmental Services: An Analysis of Participation in Costa Rica's PSA Program
by Zbinden, Simon & Lee, David R.
- 273-284 Local Enforcement and Better Forests
by Gibson, Clark C. & Williams, John T. & Ostrom, Elinor
- 285-299 Linkages Between Community, Environmental, and Conflict Management: Experiences from Northern Kenya
by Haro, Guyo O. & Doyo, Godana J. & McPeak, John G.
- 301-321 Potential for Poverty Reduction Strategies to Address Community Priorities: Case Study of Kenya
by Swallow, Brent
- 323-332 Poverty and Conservation: The New Century's "Peasant Question?"
by Sanderson, Steven
January 2005, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-19 Why Are We Worried About Income? Nearly Everything that Matters is Converging
by Kenny, Charles
- 21-41 China, Economic Development and Mortality Decline
by Banister, Judith & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 43-63 Trade Openness, Foreign Direct Investment and Child Labor
by Neumayer, Eric & de Soysa, Indra
- 65-86 Macroeconomic Change, Competitiveness and Timber Production: A Five-Country Comparison
by Wunder, Sven
- 87-105 Encouraging Private Sector Research for Tropical Agriculture
by Kremer, Michael & Zwane, Alix Peterson
- 107-128 The Impact of "Market-Friendly" Reforms on Credit and Land Markets in Honduras and Nicaragua
by Boucher, Stephen R. & Barham, Bradford L. & Carter, Michael R.
- 129-147 In the Market But Not of It: Fair Trade Coffee and Forest Stewardship Council Certification as Market-Based Social Change
by Taylor, Peter Leigh
- 149-169 Peer Monitoring, Social Ties and Moral Hazard in Group Lending Programs: Evidence from Eritrea
by Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert & Mehrteab, Habteab T.
- 171-191 Does Greater Accountability Improve the Quality of Public Service Delivery? Evidence from Uganda
by Deininger, Klaus & Mpuga, Paul
December 2004, Volume 32, Issue 12
- 1989-2014 Economic Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Estimating the Growth Elasticity of Poverty
by Adams, Richard Jr.
- 2015-2030 What Happens When Relative Costs Increase in Export Processing Zones? Technology, Regional Production Networks, and Mexico's Maquiladoras
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 2031-2047 The Roles of Corporatization and Stock Market Listing in Reforming China's State Industry
by Zhang, Le-Yin
- 2049-2064 Estimating the Impact of Transgenic Bt Cotton on West and Central Africa: A General Equilibrium Approach
by Elbehri, Aziz & Macdonald, Steve
- 2065-2081 How Big is the Crowding-Out Effect of User Fees in the Rural Areas of Ethiopia? Implications for Equity and Resources Mobilization
by Asfaw, Abay & Braun, Joachim von & Klasen, Stephan
- 2083-2104 On Measuring Energy Poverty in Indian Households
by Pachauri, S. & Mueller, A. & Kemmler, A. & Spreng, D.
- 2105-2120 Death, Disability, Displaced Persons and Development: The Case of Landmines in Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Mitchell, Shannon K.
- 2121-2137 Can Water Reform Survive Politics? Institutional Change and River Basin Management in Ceara, Northeast Brazil
by Lemos, Maria Carmen & de Oliveira, Joao Lucio Farias
- 2139-2160 Struggling with Sustainability--A Comparative Framework for Evaluating Sustainable Development Programs
by Mog, Justin M.
November 2004, Volume 32, Issue 11
- 1807-1829 Women, Food Security, and Development in Less-Industrialized Societies: Contributions and Challenges for the New Century
by Scanlan, Stephen J.
- 1831-1847 HIV/AIDS and Labor Force Upgrading in Tanzania
by Wobst, Peter & Arndt, Channing
- 1849-1870 Economic Consequences of Demographic Change in the Former USSR: Social Transfers in the Kyrgyz Republic
by Becker, Charles & Paltsev, Sergey V.
- 1871-1890 What Explains Emigration Out of Latin America?
by Clark, Ximena & Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G.
- 1891-1907 Going beyond Crosscountry Averages: Growth, Inequality and Poverty Reduction in the Philippines
by Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko
- 1909-1926 Microfinance Repayment Performance in Bangladesh: How to Improve the Allocation of Loans by MFIs
by Godquin, Marie
- 1927-1938 Implementation of Village Self-Help Projects in the Kyrgyz Republic
by DeWald, Joshua & Espey, Molly & Hammig, Michael D.
- 1939-1955 Protecting the Forest or the People? Environmental Policies and Livelihoods in the Forest Margins of Southern Ghana
by Wiggins, Steve & Marfo, Kofi & Anchirinah, Vincent
- 1957-1969 Productivity Differentials Between Local and Foreign Plants in Indonesian Manufacturing, 1995
by Takii, Sadayuki
- 1971-1987 China's Shallow Integration: Networked Production and the New Challenges for Late Industrialization
by Steinfeld, Edward S.
October 2004, Volume 32, Issue 10
- 1609-1626 The Economic Costs to International Labor Restrictions: Revisiting the Empirical Discussion
by Moses, Jonathon W. & Letnes, Bjorn
- 1627-1640 Does the "Resource Curse" hold for Growth in Genuine Income as Well?
by Neumayer, Eric
- 1641-1661 Land Tenure, Fixed Investment, and Farm Productivity: Evidence from Zambia's Southern Province
by Smith, Robert E.
- 1663-1667 Guest Editor's Introduction
by Kinsey, Bill H.
- 1669-1696 Zimbabwe's Land Reform Program: Underinvestment in Post-Conflict Transformation
by Kinsey, Bill H.
- 1697-1709 Economic Benefits and Costs of Land Redistribution in Zimbabwe in the Early 1980s
by Deininger, Klaus & Hoogeveen, Hans & Kinsey, Bill H.
- 1711-1733 External Support During the Transition Phase: Roles for Humanitarian Aid and Development Assistance from a Village Perspective
by Owens, Trudy
- 1735-1751 Sustainability and Resourcefulness: Support Networks During Periods of Stress
by Dekker, Marleen
- 1753-1766 Forging Effective New Communities: The Evolution of Civil Society in Zimbabwean Resettlement Villages
by Barr, Abigail
- 1767-1783 Peasant Demonstrators, Violent Invaders: Representations of Land in the Zimbabwean Press
by Willems, Wendy
- 1785-1805 Land Reform and Human Rights in Contemporary Zimbabwe: Balancing Individual and Social Justice Through an Integrated Human Rights Framework
by Hellum, Anne & Derman, Bill
September 2004, Volume 32, Issue 9
- 1441-1466 China's Competitive Performance: A Threat to East Asian Manufactured Exports?
by Lall, Sanjaya & Albaladejo, Manuel
- 1467-1486 Testing the Three Roles of Equity Markets in Developing Countries: The Case of China
by Shirai, Sayuri
- 1487-1507 Imperfect Substitutes: The Local Political Economy of Informal Finance and Microfinance in Rural China and India
by Tsai, Kellee S.
- 1509-1523 Microfinance and Famine: The Irish Loan Funds during the Great Famine
by Hollis, Aidan & Sweetman, Arthur
- 1525-1544 Foreign Direct Investment, Vertical Integration, and Local Suppliers: Evidence from the Polish Dairy Sector
by Dries, Liesbeth & Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 1545-1562 The Regional Returns of Public Investment Policies in Mexico
by Rodriguez-Oreggia, Eduardo & Rodriguez-Pose, Andres
- 1563-1577 Unlocking Crop Biotechnology in Developing Countries--A Report from the Field
by Cohen, Joel I. & Paarlberg, Robert
- 1579-1607 IDA Grants and HIPC Debt Cancellation: Their Effectiveness and Impact on IDA Resources
by Sanford, Jonathan E.
August 2004, Volume 32, Issue 8
- 1289-1308 Keeping Up with the Jones': Decentralization, Policy Imitation, and Industrial Development in China
by Thun, Eric
- 1309-1321 Economic Obstacles to Expanding Intra-African Trade
by Longo, Robert & Sekkat, Khalid
- 1323-1339 South Africa's International Cost Competitiveness and Exports in Manufacturing
by Edwards, Lawrence & Golub, Stephen S.
- 1341-1354 Deteriorating Economic Context and Changing Patterns of Youth Employment in Urban Burkina Faso: 1980-2000
by Calves, Anne-Emmanuele & Schoumaker, Bruno
- 1355-1374 Gender Norms in Financial Markets: Evidence from Kenya
by Johnson, Susan
- 1375-1393 The Effect of Export-Oriented Growth on Female Labor Market Outcomes in Turkey
by Baslevent, Cem & Onaran, Ozlem
- 1395-1406 Development and Income Distribution: The Case of Puerto Rico
by Sotomayor, Orlando
- 1407-1417 Workers' Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Paradox of Gifts
by Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan
- 1419-1439 The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve
by Stern, David I.
July 2004, Volume 32, Issue 7
- 1075-1107 The Costs of Missing the Millennium Development Goal on Gender Equity
by Abu-Ghaida, Dina & Klasen, Stephan
- 1109-1137 Could a Global Marshall Plan be Successful? An Investigation Using The WEEP Simulation Model
by Yunker, James A.
- 1139-1157 Shifts in the Composition of Government Spending in Response to External Debt Burden
by Mahdavi, Saeid
- 1159-1178 Informality Revisited
by Maloney, William F.
- 1179-1198 Local Institutions, Poverty and Household Welfare in Bolivia
by Grootaert, Christiaan & Narayan, Deepa
- 1199-1223 Changing to Gray: Decentralization and the Emergence of Volatile Socio-Legal Configurations in Central Kalimantan, Indonesia
by McCarthy, John F.
- 1225-1246 Social Networks and Credit Access in Indonesia
by Okten, Cagla & Osili, Una Okonkwo
- 1247-1264 Microenterprise Occupation and Poverty Reduction in Microfinance Programs: Evidence from Sri Lanka
by Shaw, Judith
- 1265-1288 Skills Development and Interfirm Learning Linkages under Globalization: Lessons from the Indian Automobile Industry
by Okada, Aya
June 2004, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 887-903 (Dis)Accords: The Politics of Market-Assisted Land Reforms in Chiapas, Mexico
by Bobrow-Strain, Aaron
- 905-922 British Colonial Legacies and Political Development
by Lange, Matthew K.
- 923-940 From the Policies to the Clinics: The Reproductive Health Paradox in Post-Adjustment Health Care
by Richey, Lisa Ann
- 941-955 Does Public Welfare Crowd Out Informal Safety Nets? Ethnographic Evidence from Rural Latin America
by Heemskerk, Marieke & Norton, Anastasia & de Dehn, Lise
- 957-977 Are Agricultural Production and Forest Conservation Compatible? Agricultural Diversity, Agricultural Incomes and Primary Forest Cover Among Small Farm Colonists in the Amazon
by Perz, Stephen G.
- 979-998 Gender Segmentation at Work in China's Privatized Rural Industry: Some Evidence from Shandong and Jiangsu
by Dong, Xiao-Yuan & MacPhail, Fiona & Bowles, Paul & Ho, Samuel P. S.
- 999-1017 The Comparative Politics of Corruption: Accounting for the East Asian Paradox in Empirical Studies of Corruption, Growth and Investment
by Rock, Michael T. & Bonnett, Heidi
- 1019-1041 The Performance of State-Owned Enterprises and Newly Privatized Firms: Does Privatization Really Matter?
by Omran, Mohammed
- 1043-1057 Macro Economic Determinants of Antidumping: A Comparative Analysis of Developed and Developing Countries
by Aggarwal, Aradhna
- 1059-1070 Performance-Based Conditionality: A European Perspective
by Adam, Christopher & Chambas, Gerard & Guillaumont, Patrick & Guillaumont Jeanneney, Sylviane & Gunning, Jan Willem
May 2004, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 725-743 The Globalization of Organic Agro-Food Networks
by Raynolds, Laura T.
- 745-766 Successes in African Agriculture: Results of an Expert Survey
by Gabre-Madhin, Eleni Z. & Haggblade, Steven
- 767-792 Development Pathways and Land Management in Uganda
by Pender, John & Jagger, Pamela & Nkonya, Ephraim & Sserunkuuma, Dick
- 793-807 Participation Rhetoric or Community-Based Management Reality? Influences on Willingness to Participate in a Venezuelan Freshwater Fishery
by Ann Zanetell, Brooke & Knuth, Barbara A.
- 809-828 Labor Standards and Informal Employment in Latin America
by Galli, Rossana & Kucera, David
- 829-850 Assembly Trade and Technology Transfer: The Case of China
by Lemoine, Francoise & Unal-Kesenci, Deniz
- 851-869 A Failure Story: Politics and Financial Liberalization in Turkey, Revisiting the Revolving Door Hypothesis
by Demir, Firat
- 871-885 Public Health Capital and Productivity in the Spanish Regions: A Dynamic Panel Data Model
by Rivera, Berta & Currais, Luis
April 2004, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 567-589 Is Globalization Reducing Poverty and Inequality?
by Wade, Robert Hunter
- 591-607 Information Technology and Broad-Based Development: Preliminary Lessons from North India
by Kaushik, P. D. & Singh, Nirvikar
- 609-628 Facilitating Development: The Role of Business Groups
by Fisman, Raymond & Khanna, Tarun
- 629-654 A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)
by Archibugi, Daniele & Coco, Alberto
- 655-672 Assessing Community Preferences for Development Projects: Are Willingness-to-Pay Studies Robust to Mode Effects?
by Davis, Jennifer
- 673-690 Involuntary Resettlement, Production and Income: Evidence from Xiaolangdi, PRC
by Webber, Michael & McDonald, Brooke
- 691-711 Wealth-Based Trust and the Development of Collective Action
by Jones, Eric C.
- 713-724 Exit, Voice, and Vouchers: Using Vouchers to Train Microentrepreneurs--Observations from the Paraguayan Voucher Scheme
by Lepenies, Philipp H.
March 2004, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 391-408 Unemployment in South Africa: The Nature of the Beast
by Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi & Knight, John
- 409-425 Aggregate Demand, Productivity, and "Disguised Unemployment" in the Chinese Industrial Sector
by Li, Minqi
- 427-445 Productivity Growth in Latin America: The Limits of Neoliberal Reforms
by Paus, Eva A.
- 447-463 Co-Governance for Accountability: Beyond "Exit" and "Voice"
by Ackerman, John
- 465-477 Social Rights and Economics: Claims to Health Care and Education in Developing Countries
by Gauri, Varun
- 479-490 Capital Controls and Foreign Direct Investment
by Asiedu, Elizabeth & Lien, Donald
- 491-503 The Determinants of Private Saving in India
by Athukorala, Prema-chandra & Sen, Kunal
- 505-517 E-Business and Export Behavior: Evidence from Indian Firms
by Lal, K.
- 519-536 Competition and Coordination in Liberalized African Cotton Market Systems
by Poulton, Colin & Gibbon, Peter & Hanyani-Mlambo, Benjamine & Kydd, Jonathan & Maro, Wilbald & Larsen, Marianne Nylandsted & Osorio, Afonso & Tschirley, David & Zulu, Ballard
- 537-553 Land Reform in Zimbabwe: Challenges and Opportunities for Poverty Reduction Among Commercial Farm Workers
by Waeterloos, Evert & Rutherford, Blair
- 555-560 "Role of Transnational Corporations in the Evolution of a High-Tech Industry: The Case of India's Software Industry"--A Comment
by Athreye, Suma S.
- 561-566 "Role of Transnational Corporations in the Evolution of a High-Tech Industry: The Case of India's Software Industry"--A Reply
by Patibandla, Murali & Petersen, Bent
February 2004, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 191-212 Solutions When the Solution is the Problem: Arraying the Disarray in Development
by Pritchett, Lant & Woolcock, Michael
- 213-232 Administrative Reform as Credible Commitment: The Impact of Autonomy on Revenue Authority Performance in Latin America
by Taliercio, Robert Jr.
- 233-249 Who Talks with Whom? The Role of Repeated Interactions in Decentralized Forest Governance
by Andersson, Krister P.
- 251-271 Constraints on Collective Action in a Transitional Economy: The Case of Bulgaria's Irrigation Sector
by Theesfeld, Insa
- 273-288 Do Community-based Health Insurance Schemes Improve Poor People's Access to Health Care? Evidence From Rural Senegal
by Jutting, Johannes P.
- 289-304 The Demand for Medical Care in Urban China
by Mocan, H. Naci & Tekin, Erdal & Zax, Jeffrey S.
- 305-326 Industrial Clusters, Knowledge Integration and Performance
by Morosini, Piero
- 327-327 Introduction
by Baldacchino, Godfrey
- 329-341 Small Island Nations and Democratic Values
by Srebrnik, Henry
- 343-364 On the Convergence of Small Island Economies with Their Metropolitan Patrons
by Bertram, Geoffrey
- 365-378 The Implications of Increasing Globalization and Regionalism for the Economic Growth of Small Island States
by Read, Robert
- 379-390 Direct Democracy in Microstates and Small Island States
by Anckar, Dag
January 2004, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-13 The Effect of Health on Economic Growth: A Production Function Approach
by Bloom, David E. & Canning, David & Sevilla, Jaypee
- 15-22 Rethinking the Brain Drain
by Stark, Oded
- 23-51 Urban Growth in Developing Countries: A Review of Current Trends and a Caution Regarding Existing Forecasts
by Cohen, Barney
- 53-71 Corruption in Public Service Delivery: Experience from South Asia's Water and Sanitation Sector
by Davis, Jennifer
- 73-89 A Policy Agenda for Pro-Poor Agricultural Growth
by Dorward, Andrew & Kydd, Jonathan & Morrison, Jamie & Urey, Ian
- 91-119 Measuring the Impacts of Working-Age Adult Mortality on Small-Scale Farm Households in Kenya
by Yamano, Takashi & Jayne, T. S.
- 121-136 Escaping Poverty and Becoming Poor: Who Gains, Who Loses, and Why?
by Krishna, Anirudh
- 137-157 Agricultural Expansion, Resource Booms and Growth in Latin America: Implications for Long-run Economic Development
by Barbier, Edward B.
- 159-172 Conceptualizing Interventions to Support On-Farm Genetic Resource Conservation
by Bellon, Mauricio R.
- 173-190 Deforestation and Carbon Emissions at Tropical Frontiers: A Case Study from the Peruvian Amazon
by Naughton-Treves, Lisa
December 2003, Volume 31, Issue 12
- 1959-1975 The Impact of Research-Led Agricultural Productivity Growth on Poverty Reduction in Africa, Asia and Latin America
by Thirtle, Colin & Lin, Lin & Piesse, Jenifer
- 1977-1995 Globalization as a Development Strategy in Latin America?
by Sanchez, Omar
- 1997-2011 Social Services and The GATS: Key Issues and Concerns
by Chanda, Rupa
- 2013-2026 At the Nexus of Human Rights and Development: New Methods and Strategies of Global NGOs
by Nelson, Paul J. & Dorsey, Ellen
- 2027-2048 Poverty, Inequality and Growth in Selected Middle East and North Africa Countries, 1980-2000
by Adams, Richard Jr. & Page, John
- 2049-2060 Purchasing Power Parity in Developing Countries: Multi-Period Evidence Under the Current Float
by Alba, Joseph D. & Park, Donghyun
- 2061-2084 Limits to Alternative Forms of Capitalization: The Case of Anatolian Holding Companies
by Ozcan, Gul Berna & Cokgezen, Murat
- 2085-2114 Microfinance in Times of Crisis: The Effects of Competition, Rising Indebtedness, and Economic Crisis on Repayment Behavior
by Vogelgesang, Ulrike
- 2115-2127 Bt Cotton in India: Field Trial Results and Economic Projections
by Qaim, Matin