October 1999, Volume 27, Issue 10
- 1803-1819 The Economics of Air Pollution Health Risks in Russia: A Case Study of Volgograd
by Larson, Bruce A. & Avaliani, Simon & Golub, Alexander & Rosen, Sydney & Shaposhnikov, Dmitry & Strukova, Elena & Vincent, Jeffrey R. & Wolff, Scott K.
- 1821-1842 The Institutional Foundations of Monetary Commitment: A Comparative Analysis
by Ball, R.
- 1843-1859 Dollars for Sale: Exchange Rate Policy and Inflation in Africa
by Azam, Jean-Paul
- 1861-1873 Seigniorage, Dollarization and Public Debt: The Lebanese Civil War and Recovery Experience, 1982-97
by Bolbol, Ali A.
- 1875-1883 Unions and Interindustry Wage Differentials
by Arbache, Jorge Saba & Carneiro, Francisco Galrao
September 1999, Volume 27, Issue 9
- 1503-1514 Clustering and Industrialization: Introduction
by Schmitz, Hubert & Nadvi, Khalid
- 1515-1530 Microenterprise Clusters in Rural Indonesia: Industrial Seedbed and Policy Target
by weijland, Hermine
- 1531-1551 African Enterprise Clusters and Industrialization: Theory and Reality
by Mccormick, Dorothy
- 1553-1570 A Comparison of Clustered and Dispersed Firms in the Small-Scale Clothing Industry of Lima
by Visser, Evert-jan
- 1571-1585 Recovery of a Mexican Cluster: Devaluation Bonanza or Collective Efficiency?
by Rabellotti, Roberta
- 1587-1604 Agra: An Old Cluster Facing the New Competition
by Knorringa, Peter
- 1605-1626 Collective Efficiency and Collective Failure: The Response of the Sialkot Surgical Instrument Cluster to Global Quality Pressures
by Nadvi, Khalid
- 1627-1650 Global Competition and Local Cooperation: Success and Failure in the Sinos Valley, Brazil
by Schmitz, Hubert
- 1651-1671 Successful Adjustment in Indian Industry: the Case of Ludhiana's Woolen Knitwear Cluster
by Tewari, Meenu
- 1673-1691 Cooperating for Survival: Tannery Pollution and Joint Action in the Palar Valley (India)
by Kennedy, Loraine
- 1693-1713 How to Promote Clusters: Policy Experiences from Latin America
by Altenburg, Tilman & Meyer-Stamer, JORG
- 1715-1734 Knowledge Systems and Technological Dynamism in Industrial Clusters in Developing Countries
by Bell, Martin & Albu, Michael
August 1999, Volume 27, Issue 8
- 1309-1337 Care and Nutrition: Concepts and Measurement
by Engle, Patrice L. & Menon, Purnima & Haddad, Lawrence
- 1339-1358 Process Approaches to Development: Theory and Sri Lankan Practice
by Bond, Richard & Hulme, David
- 1359-1381 Informational Standards in Development Agency Management
by Clements, Paul
- 1383-1395 NGOs and Innovation: Organizational Characteristics and Constraints in Development Assistance Work in The Gambia
by fyvie, Claire & Ager, Alastair
- 1397-1411 Outstanding Female Economists in the Analysis and Practice of Development Economics
by Rodgers, Yana Van der Meulen & Cooley, Jane C.
- 1413-1426 Impact of Human Capital on Joint-Venture Investment in Vietnam
by Anh, Dang Nguyen & Meyer, David R.
- 1427-1443 Foreign Investment and the Global Geography of Production: Why the Mexican Consumer Electronics Industry Failed
by Lowe, Nichola & Kenney, Martin
- 1445-1460 Impediments to Promoting Backward Linkages from the Garment Industry in Sri Lanka
by Kelegama, Saman & Foley, Fritz
- 1461-1475 Labor Shortages on Small Landholdings in Malawi: Implications for Policy Reforms
by Alwang, Jeffrey & Siegel, P. B.
- 1477-1491 Domestic Governance and International Migration
by Rowlands, Dane
- 1493-1502 The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances
by El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert
July 1999, Volume 27, Issue 7
- 1115-1128 Expected Failures and Unexpected Successes of Land Titling in Africa
by Firmin-Sellers, Kathryn & Sellers, Patrick
- 1129-1140 Controlling Fiscal Corruption
by Chand, Sheetal K. & Moene, Karl O.
- 1141-1149 Forest Dependence and Income Distribution in a Subsistence Economy: Evidence from India
by Reddy, S. R. C. & Chakravarty, S. P.
- 1151-1171 An Analysis of Childhood Malnutrition in Rural India: Role of Gender, Income and Other Household Characteristics
by Pal, Sarmistha
- 1173-1189 Demand, Market Structure and the Formalizing of Ministry of Health Fees: A Nicaraguan Case Study
by Fiedler, John L.
- 1191-1202 Inequality, Resource Depletion, and Welfare Accounting: Applications to Indonesia and Costa Rica
by Torras, Mariano
- 1203-1214 What is Driving the Pollution Abatement Expenditure Behavior of Manufacturing Plants in Korea?
by Aden, Jean & Kyu-hong, Ahn & Rock, Michael T.
- 1215-1226 Do Stringent Environmental Regulations Reduce the International Competitiveness of Environmentally Sensitive Goods? A Global Perspective
by Xu, Xinpeng
- 1227-1245 One-fifth of the Sky: China's Environmental Stewardship
by Sims, Holly
- 1247-1266 Can Africa Industrialize by Processing Primary Commodities? The Case of Mozambican Cashew Nuts
by Cramer, Christopher
- 1267-1285 Special Economic Zones and the Opening of the Chinese Economy: Some Lessons for Economic Liberalization
by Ge, Wei
- 1287-1298 Determinants of Technological Diffusion in Mexican Manufacturing: A Plant-Level Analysis
by Grether, Jean-Marie
- 1299-1308 Rotating Saving and Credit Associations in Rural East Africa
by Kimuyu, Peter Kiko
June 1999, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 903-918 Effects of Demographic and Related Microeconomic Change on Land Quality in Hills and Mountains of Developing Countries
by Templeton, Scott R. & Scherr, Sara J.
- 919-935 Adapting to Dams: Agrarian Change Downstream of the Tiga Dam, Northern Nigeria
by Thomas, David H. L. & Adams, William M.
- 937-949 Prices and Tree Planting on Hillside Farms in Palawan
by Shively, Gerald E.
- 951-965 Capturing Ambiguities: Communal Conflict Management Alternative in Ghana
by Fred-Mensah, Ben K.
- 967-983 Small-Scale Industry and Cleaner Production Strategies
by Frijns, Jos & Van Vliet, Bas
- 985-1010 UNDP's Gender-Related Indices: A Critical Review
by Bardhan, Kalpana & Klasen, Stephan
- 1011-1029 Women's Economic Status in Rural China: Household Contributions to Male-Female Disparities in the Wage-Labor Market
by Hare, Denise
- 1031-1057 Exports, Inflation and Growth
by Gylfason, Thorvaldur
- 1059-1067 The Impact of Corruption on Investment: Predictability Matters
by Edgardo Campos, J. & Lien, Donald & Pradhan, Sanjay
- 1069-1082 Financial System and Economic Growth: The Korean Experience
by Choe, Chongwoo & Moosa, Imad A.
- 1083-1096 Pricing Shares on a Nascent Market: The Nepal Stock Exchange 1994-96
by Bijay, K. C. & Snowden, P. N.
- 1097-1114 Management of Newly Privatized Companies: Its Importance and How Little We Know
by Ozkaya, Mehmet & Askari, Hossein
May 1999, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 773-788 The Ambiguous Impact of Inequality on Local Resource Management
by Baland, Jean-Marie & Platteau, Jean-Philippe
- 789-805 What Futures for the People of the Tropical Forests?
by Byron, Neil & Arnold, Michael
- 807-824 The Effects of Civic Education on Political Culture: Evidence from Zambia
by Bratton, Michael & Alderfer, Philip & Bowser, Georgia & Temba, Joseph
- 825-838 A World Bank Intervention in the Sri Lankan Welfare Sector: The National Development Trust Fund
by Shaw, Judith
- 839-853 Trust in Political-Administrative Relations: The Case of Local Authorities in Norway and Tanzania
by Jacobsen, Dag Ingvar
- 855-864 Four Criteria of Development NGO Legitimacy
by Atack, Iain
- 865-886 Why Privatize? The Case of Argentina's Public Provincial Banks
by Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert
- 887-902 The Role of the Private Sector in Education in Vietnam: Evidence From the Vietnam Living Standards Survey
by Glewwe, Paul & Patrinos, Harry Anthony
April 1999, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 629-649 Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation
by Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C.
- 651-672 Making Negotiated Land Reform Work: Initial Experience from Colombia, Brazil and South Africa
by Deininger, Klaus
- 673-690 Agricultural Tradables and Economic Recovery in Uganda: The Limitations of Structural Adjustment in Practice
by Belshaw, Deryke & Lawrence, Peter & Hubbard, Michael
- 691-704 Reassessing the Effectiveness of Industrial Policy in Indonesia: Can the Neoliberals be Wrong?
by Rock, Michael T.
- 705-715 Exports, Imports and Productivity: Results from Indonesian Establishment Data
by Sjoholm, Fredrik
- 717-737 Trade Policy Reform and the Competitive Response in Kwazulu Natal Province, South Africa
by Kaplinsky, Raphael & Morris, Mike
- 739-752 Soil Erosion and Smallholders' Conservation Decisions in the Highlands of Ethiopia
by Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein
- 753-771 Fostering Effective Parental Participation in Education: Lessons from a Comparison of Reform Processes in Nicaragua and Mexico
by Gershberg, Alec Ian
March 1999, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 439-452 Development Performance and the Institutions of Governance: Evidence from East Asia and Latin America
by Campos, Nauro F. & Nugent, Jeffrey B.
- 453-470 Computable General Equilibrium Models, Adjustment and the Poor in Africa
by De Maio, Lorenzo & Stewart, Frances & van der Hoeven, Rolph
- 471-475 A Reply to De Maio, Stewart, and van der Hoeven
by Sahn, David E. & Dorosh, Paul A. & Younger, Stephen D.
- 477-503 Stabilization and its Discontents: Argentina's Economic Restructuring in the 1990s
by Pastor Jr., Manuel & Wise, Carol
- 505-520 The Effects of Structural Adjustment on Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Lowland Bolivia
by Kaimowitz, David & Thiele, Graham & Pacheco, Pablo
- 521-530 Sectoral Growth and Poverty Alleviation: A Multiplier Decomposition Technique Applied to South Africa
by Khan, Haider A.
- 531-531 Editorial
- 533-550 Trends, Countertrends, and Gaps in Women's Employment
by Mehra, Rekha & Gammage, Sarah
- 551-569 Women and Labor Market Changes in the Global Economy: Growth Helps, Inequalities Hurt and Public Policy Matters
by Tzannatos, Zafiris
- 571-582 Marginalization Revisited: Women's Market Work and Pay, and Economic Development
by Horton, Susan
- 583-602 Global Feminization Through Flexible Labor: A Theme Revisited
by Standing, Guy
- 603-610 Counting the Invisible Workforce: The Case of Homebased Workers
by Chen, Martha & Sebstad, Jennefer & O'Connell, Lesley
- 611-627 Labor Markets as Gendered Institutions: Equality, Efficiency and Empowerment Issues
by Elson, Diane
February 1999, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 225-247 Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management
by Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian
- 249-269 Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and Extremes in Coastal Vietnam
by Neil Adger, W.
- 271-283 "We Are Not Compensating Rocks": Resettlement and Traditional Religious Systems
by Berg, Todd M. Vanden
- 285-300 Towards A More Effective Conditionality: An Operational Framework
by Leandro, Jose E. & Schafer, Hartwig & Frontini, Gaspar
- 301-321 Initial Conditions and Miraculous Growth: Why is South East Asia Different From Taiwan and South Korea?
by Booth, Anne
- 323-341 The Long Gestation and Brief Triumph of Import-Substituting Industrialization
by Waterbury, John
- 343-360 Privatization, Technical Efficiency and Welfare Consequences: The Case of the Cote d'Ivoire Electricity Company (CIE)
by Plane, Patrick
- 361-374 NGO Performance - What Breeds Success? New Evidence from South Asia
by Edwards, Michael
- 375-380 Easing Countries' Transitions From Price Controls and Subsidies
by Collinge, Robert A. & De La Cruz, Justino
- 381-401 Contract Farming, Smallholders, and Rural Development in Latin America: The Organization of Agroprocessing Firms and the Scale of Outgrower Production
by Key, Nigel & Runsten, David
- 403-418 Facilitating the Provision of Farm Credit: The Role of Interlocking Transactions Between Traders and Zamindars in Crop Marketing Systems in Sindh
by Smith, Laurence E. D. & Stockbridge, Michael & Lohano, Hari Ram
- 419-430 Demystifying Nonparticipation in Microcredit: A Population-Based Analysis
by Evans, Timothy G. & Adams, Alayne M. & Mohammed, Rafi & Norris, Alison H.
- 431-438 Who Participates in Labor-Intensive Public Works in Sub-Saharan Africa? Evidence from Rural Botswana and Kenya
by Teklu, Tesfaye & Asefa, Sisay
January 1999, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-20 Poverty, livelihood and class in rural South Africa
by Carter, Michael R. & May, Julian
- 21-38 Hypergrowth in an East Asian NIC: Public policy and capital accumulation in Singapore
by Ermisch, J. F. & Huff, W. G.
- 39-53 Understanding the role of leadership in economic policy reform
by Wallis, Joe
- 55-65 The role of small enterprises in the household and national economy in Kenya: A significant contribution or a last resort?
by Daniels, Lisa
- 67-82 Micro-credit initiatives for equitable and sustainable development: Who pays?
by Rahman, Aminur
- 83-99 Informal potato seed systems in the Andes: Why are they important and what should we do with them?
by Thiele, Graham
- 101-114 The role of bamboo plantations in rural development: The case of Anji County, Zhejiang, China
by Perez, Manuel Ruiz & Maogong, Zhong & Belcher, Brian & Chen, Xie & Maoyi, Fu & Jinzhong, Xie
- 115-136 Bureaucrats in business: The roles of privatization versus corporatization in state-owned enterprise reform
by Shirley, Mary M.
- 137-155 Why haven't developing countries privatized deeper and faster?
by Ramamurti, Ravi
- 157-168 A theory of privatization, or why bureaucrats are still in business
by Yarrow, George
- 169-200 Beyond privatization: Institutional innovation and growth in China's large state-owned enterprises
by Nolan, Peter & Xiaoqiang, Wang
- 201-213 Privatization in Africa: An appraisal
by Ariyo, Ademola & Jerome, Afeikhena
- 215-224 Privatization and the private sector
by Kuczynski, Pedro-Pablo
December 1998, Volume 26, Issue 12
- 2105-2118 The participatory approach: Contradiction and co-option in Burkina Faso
by Michener, Victoria J.
- 2119-2135 Gender, poverty and deprivation: Evidence from the Republic of Guinea
by Shaffer, Paul
- 2137-2151 Targeted poverty investments and economic growth in China
by Rozelle, Scott & Park, Albert & Benziger, Vincent & Changqing Ren
- 2153-2167 Forestry and the environment in China: the current situation and strategic choices
by Yin, Runsheng
- 2169-2179 Poverty and environmental degradation: A review and analysis of the nexus
by Duraiappah, Anantha K.
- 2181-2199 Employee job satisfaction in developing countries: The case of Kenya
by Mulinge, Munyae & Mueller, Charles W.
- 2201-2211 Fiscal decentralization in Indonesia: A comment on smoke and lewis
by Beier, Christoph & Ferrazzi, Gabriele
- 2213-2217 Reply to Beier and Ferrazzi
by Lewis, Blane D. & Smoke, Paue
- 2219-2220 Carbon intensity and economic development 1961-1991: A comment on Roberts and Grimes
by Mcnaughton, Daniel J. & Tsoung-Chao Lee
- 2221-2221 Reply to McNaughton and Lee
by Roberts, J. Timmons & Grimes, Peter
- 2223-2230 The pendulum swings -- An apt analogy? 1997 Northeastern Universities development consortium conference keynote talk
by Westphal, Larry E.
November 1998, Volume 26, Issue 11
- 1913-1919 The demographic crisis in the former Soviet Union: Introduction
by Becker, Charles & Bloom, David
- 1921-1937 Demographic implications of the Russian mortality crisis
by Bennett, Neil G. & Bloom, David E. & Ivanov, Serguey F.
- 1939-1955 Population of Russia: What can we expect in the future?
by Andreev, Evgeni & Scherbov, Sergei & Willekens, Frans
- 1957-1975 Demographic change in the former Soviet Union during the transition period
by Becker, Charles M. & Hemley, David D.
- 1977-1993 Monitoring the economic transition in the Russian Federation and its implications for the demographic crisis -- the Russian Longitudinal Monitoring Survey
by Zohoori, Namvar & Mroz, Thomas A. & Popkin, Barry & Glinskaya, Elena & Lokshin, Michael & Mancini, Dominic & Kozyreva, Polina & Kosolapov, Mikhail & Swafford, Michael
- 1995-2011 Causes of the Russian mortality crisis: Evidence and interpretations
by Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Cornia, Giovanni A. & Leon, David A. & Mesle, France
- 2013-2027 Market reform and mortality in transition economies
by Brainerd, Elizabeth
- 2029-2043 The role of social capital in the Russian mortality crisis
by Kennedy, Bruce P. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Brainerd, Elizabeth
- 2045-2056 Determinants of child health during the economic transition in Romania
by Skoufias, Emmanuel
- 2057-2072 Maternal care vs. economic wealth and the health of newborns: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic and Kansas City, USA
by Becker, Charles M. & Bibosunova, Damira I. & Holmes, Grace E. & Ibragimova, Margarita M.
- 2073-2085 Macroeconomic consequences of the Russian mortality crisis
by Bloom, David E. & Malaney, Pia N.
- 2087-2103 Pension burdens and labor force participation in Kazakstan
by Becker, Charles M. & Urzhumova, Dina S.
October 1998, Volume 26, Issue 10
- 1789-1806 Dimensions and diversity of property rights in rural China: Dilemmas on the road to further reform
by Liu, Shouying & Carter, Michael R. & Yao, Yang
- 1807-1826 Rural market imperfections and the farm size-- productivity relationship: Evidence from Pakistan
by Heltberg, Rasmus
- 1827-1838 Informal social support networks and household vulnerability: Empirical findings from Georgia
by Dershem, Larry & Gzirishvili, David
- 1839-1857 Structural adjustment and manufacturing sector competitiveness: Lessons from post-unification East Germany
by Paus, Eva A.
- 1859-1874 A first look at the impacts of trade liberalization on Brazilian manufacturing industry
by Moreira, Mauricio Mesquita & Correa, Paulo Guilherme
- 1875-1891 Microcredit: What can we learn from the past?
by Hollis, Aidan & Sweetman, Arthur
- 1893-1902 How reliable are group informant ratings? A test of food security ratings in Honduras
by Bergeron, Gilles & Morris, Saul Sutkover & Medina Banegas, Juan Manuel
- 1903-1912 Developing basement aquifers to generate economic benefits: A case study from Southeast Zimbabwe
by Waughray, D. K. & Lovell, C. J. & Mazhangara, E. & Mazhangara, E.
September 1998, Volume 26, Issue 9
- 1611-1624 Russian poverty: Muddling through economic transition with garden plots
by Seeth, Harm Tho & Chachnov, Sergei & Surinov, Alexander & Von Braun, Joachim
- 1625-1640 Farmers' use of improved seed selection practices in Mexican maize: Evidence and issues from the Sierra de Santa Marta
by Rice, Elizabeth & Smale, Melinda & Blanco, Jose-Luis
- 1641-1652 Grain versus food: A hidden issue in China's food policy debate
by Feng Lu
- 1653-1660 The IMF, the world bank and commodity prices: A case of shifting sands?
by Sapsford, David & Singer, Hans
- 1661-1675 Where have all the soldiers gone: Demobilization and reintegration in Ethiopia
by Dercon, Stefan & Ayalew, Daniel
- 1677-1694 Breaking out of the straitjacket of tradition: The politics and rhetoric of 'development' in Zimbabwe
by Robins, Steven
- 1695-1696 Editor's Introduction
by Castro, Alfonso Peter
- 1697-1699 Introduction
by Brokensha, David
- 1701-1717 Primary Health Care initiatives in colonial Kenya
by Chaiken, Miriam S.
- 1719-1731 Sustainable agriculture or sustained error? The case of cotton in Kirinyaga, Kenya
by Castro, Alfonso Peter
- 1733-1748 Colonial era livestock development policy: Introduction of improved dairy cattle in high-potential farming areas of Kenya
by Conelly, W. Thomas
- 1749-1761 Theorizing past and present women's organizations in Kenya
by Udvardy, M. L.
- 1763-1772 Pagan practices and the death of children: German colonial missionaries and child health care in South Pare, Tanzania
by Hakansson, N. Thomas
- 1773-1784 Incorporating local history into planning documents: A case study from Guinea, West Africa
by Astone, Jennifer
August 1998, Volume 26, Issue 8
- 1369-1385 "Market-stimulating" technology policies in developing countries: A framework with examples from East Asia
by Lall, Sanjaya & Teubal, Morris
- 1387-1411 Intersectoral linkages and the role of the state in shaping the conditions of industrial accumulation: A study of Ludhiana's manufacturing industry
by Tewari, Meenu
- 1413-1429 Feeding and fueling China in the 21st century
by Anderson, Kym & Peng, Chao Yang
- 1431-1461 The emerging fertility transition in sub-Saharan Africa
by Cohen, Barney
- 1463-1479 Rethinking health care systems: Private health care provision in India
by Berman, Peter A.
- 1481-1493 From conflict to cooperation: International policies to protect the Brazilian Amazon
by Kolk, Ans
- 1495-1511 Path dependence in regional development: Persistence and change in three industrial clusters in Santa Catarina, Brazil
by Meyer-Stamer, Jorg
- 1513-1528 Economic growth and the persistence of child labor: Evidence from an Indian city
by Swaminathan, Madhura
- 1529-1533 Introduction
by McNeill, Desmond & Bockman, Harald
- 1535-1553 The Asian debt-and-development crisis of 1997-?: Causes and consequences
by Wade, Robert
- 1555-1561 Korea: The misunderstood crisis
by Chang, Ha-Joon
- 1563-1574 Financial liberalization, crises, and Malaysian policy responses
by Jomo KS
- 1575-1591 The financial crisis in Thailand: Causes, conduct and consequences?
by Lauridsen, Laurids S.
- 1593-1609 Contesting reform: Indonesia's new order and the IMF
by Robison, Richard & Rosser, Andrew
July 1998, Volume 26, Issue 7
- 1169-1183 Capital Control Liberalization and Stock Market Development
by Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara
- 1185-1200 Developing Countries and the Globalization of Financial Markets
by Knight, Malcolm
- 1201-1219 Understanding the Political Implications of Financial Internationalization in Emerging Market Countries
by Maxfield, Sylvia
- 1221-1234 Does the Revival of International Private Capital Flows Mean the End of Aid?: An Analysis of Developing Countries' Access to Private Capital
by Lensink, Robert & White, Howard
- 1235-1240 Foreign Aid and Economic Performance in Tanzania
by Nyoni, Timothy S.
- 1241-1250 Aid and the Public Sector in Pakistan: Evidence with Endogenous Aid
by Franco-Rodriguez, Susana & Morrissey, Oliver & McGillivray, Mark
- 1251-1265 Assessing the Impact on Food Security of Alternative Compensatory Financing Schemes: A Simulation Approach with an Application to India
by Diakosavvas, Dimitris & Green, Christopher J.
- 1267-1282 International Overborrowing: A Decomposition of Credit and Currency Risks
by McKinnon, Ronald I. & Pill, Huw
- 1283-1298 Infrastructure Project Finance and Capital Flows: A New Perspective
by Dailami, Mansoor & Leipziger, Danny
- 1299-1314 Host Country Reforms and FDI Inflows: How Much Difference do they Make?
by Gastanaga, Victor M. & Nugent, Jeffrey B. & Pashamova, Bistra
- 1315-1330 FDI, Policy Adjustment and Endogenous Growth: Multiplier Effects from a Small Dynamic Model for Taiwan, 1959-1995
by Bende-Nabende, A. & Ford, J. L.
- 1331-1348 Liberalizing Trade in Financial Services: The Uruguay Round and the Arab Countries
by Wahba, Jackline & Mohieldin, Mahmoud
- 1349-1368 The Effect of Financial Liberalization on Capital Flight in African Economies
by Lensink, Robert & Hermes, Niels & Murinde, Victor
June 1998, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 913-932 Water scarcity in Kitulwatte: The social causes and consequences of environmental degradation in a highland Uva village of Sri Lanka
by Starkloff, Ralf
- 933-944 Success in integrating conservation and development? A study from Zambia
by Wainwright, Carla & Wehrmeyer, Walter
- 945-962 Regulation of privatized utilities: The Chilean experience
by Bitran, Eduardo & Serra, Pablo
- 963-977 The combined incidence of taxes and public expenditures in the Philippines
by Devarajan, Shantayanan & Hossain, Shaikh I.
- 979-991 Contract enforcement and trade liberalization in Mexico's footwear industry
by Woodruff, Christopher
- 993-1011 Intermediary institutions, community organizations, and urban environmental management: The case of three Bangkok slums
by Lee, Yok-Shiu F.
- 1013-1031 Colombia's income from the drug trade
by Steiner, Roberto
- 1033-1047 Corporate finance in developing countries: New evidence for India
by Cobham, David & Subramaniam, Ramesh
- 1049-1055 The search for a new paradigm for the development of national agricultural research systems
by Byerlee, Derek
- 1057-1071 Financing agricultural research: International investment patterns and policy perspectives
by Alston, Julian M. & Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes
- 1073-1087 Crafting smallholder-driven agricultural research systems in Southern Africa
by Rukuni, Mandivamba & Blackie, Malcolm J. & Eicher, Carl K.
- 1089-1101 The Indian agricultural research system: Structure, current policy issues, and future orientation
by Mruthyunjaya & Ranjitha, P.
- 1103-1111 Agricultural research policy issues in Latin America: An Overview
by Echeverria, Ruben G.
- 1113-1126 The transformation of the Dutch agricultural research system: An unfinished agenda
by Roseboom, Johannes & Rutten, Hans
- 1127-1148 The private sector in agricultural research systems: Will it fill the gap?
by Pray, Carl E. & Umali-Deininger, Dina
- 1149-1162 Selected policy issues in international agricultural research: On striving for international public goods in an era of donor fatigue
by Anderson, Jock R.
May 1998, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 743-753 Immiserized growth in liberalized agriculture
by Barrett, Christopher B.
- 755-766 Bio-cooperation and the benefits of crop genetic resources: the case of Mexican maize
by Brush, Stephen B.
- 767-781 On the trail of China's phantom farmers
by Rawski, Thomas G. & Mead, Robert W.
- 783-790 Microenterprise finance: Is there a conflict between growth and poverty alleviation?
by Mosley, Paul & Hulme, David