Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
April 2003, Volume 31, Issue 4
March 2003, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 399-402 Chronic Poverty and Development Policy: An Introduction
by Hulme, David
- 403-423 Conceptualizing Chronic Poverty
by Hulme, David & Shepherd, Andrew
- 425-439 Assessing the Extent and Nature of Chronic Poverty in Low Income Countries: Issues and Evidence
by Mckay, Andrew & Lawson, David
- 441-453 Do Monetary and Nonmonetary Indicators Tell the Same Story About Chronic Poverty? A Study of Vietnam in the 1990s
by Baulch, Bob & Masset, Edoardo
- 455-471 Staying Secure, Staying Poor: The "Faustian Bargain"
by Wood, Geof
- 473-490 Chronic Poverty in South Africa: Incidence, Causes and Policies
by Aliber, Michael
- 491-511 Chronic Poverty in India: Incidence, Causes and Policies
by Kapur Mehta, Aasha & Shah, Amita
- 513-534 Drivers of Escape and Descent: Changing Household Fortunes in Rural Bangladesh
by Sen, Binayak
- 535-554 Enduring Poverty and the Conditions of Childhood: Lifecourse and Intergenerational Poverty Transmissions
by Harper, Caroline & Marcus, Rachel & Moore, Karen
- 555-570 Old Age Poverty in Developing Countries: Contributions and Dependence in Later Life
by Barrientos, Armando & Gorman, Mark & Heslop, Amanda
- 571-590 Including Disabled People in Poverty Reduction Work: "Nothing About Us, Without Us"
by Yeo, Rebecca & Moore, Karen
- 591-610 Livelihoods and Chronic Poverty in Semi-Arid Zimbabwe
by Bird, Kate & Shepherd, Andrew
- 611-628 Vulnerability and Chronic Poverty in Rural Sichuan
by McCulloch, Neil & Calandrino, Michele
- 629-646 Enduring Disorder and Persistent Poverty: A Review of the Linkages Between War and Chronic Poverty
by Goodhand, Jonathan
- 647-665 Programs for the Poorest: Learning from the IGVGD Program in Bangladesh
by Matin, Imran & Hulme, David
February 2003, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 227-257 "Miracle Growth" in the Twentieth Century--International Comparisons of East Asian Development
by Hsiao, Frank S. T. & Hsiao, Mei-chu W.
- 259-280 The Policy Roots of Socioeconomic Stagnation and Environmental Implosion: Latin America 1950-2000
by Lopez, Ramon
- 281-301 Puerto Rico in the Post War: Liberalized Development Banking and the Fall of the "Fifth Tiger"
by Padin, Jose A.
- 303-323 Support for Economic Reform? Popular Attitudes in Southern Africa
by Bratton, Michael & Mattes, Robert
- 325-337 Balancing Rural Poverty Reduction and Citizen Participation: The Contradictions of Uganda's Decentralization Program
by Francis, Paul & James, Robert
- 339-358 The Determinants of Poverty in Malawi, 1998
by Mukherjee, Sanjukta & Benson, Todd
- 359-374 Productivity Gains from Rice Genetic Enhancements in West Africa: Countries and Ecologies
by Dalton, Timothy J. & Guei, Robert G.
- 375-383 An Econometric Analysis of Coca Eradication Policy in Colombia
by Moreno-Sanchez, Rocio & Kraybill, David S. & Thompson, Stanley R.
- 385-398 The Effect of Child Labor on Learning Achievement
by Heady, Christopher
January 2003, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-22 Effective Aid: How Democracy Allows Development Aid to Improve the Quality of Life
by Kosack, Stephen
- 23-52 Progress Toward the Millennium Development Goals in Africa
by Sahn, David E. & Stifel, David C.
- 53-69 Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers: A New Convergence
by Craig, David & Porter, Doug
- 71-85 Chronic and Transitory Poverty: Evidence from Egypt, 1997-99
by Haddad, Lawrence & Ahmed, Akhter
- 87-106 Growth and Poverty Reduction in Ethiopia: Evidence from Household Panel Surveys
by Bigsten, Arne & Kebede, Bereket & Shimeles, Abebe & Taddesse, Mekonnen
- 107-130 Public Debts and Private Assets: Explaining Capital Flight from Sub-Saharan African Countries
by Ndikumana, Leonce & Boyce, James K.
- 131-148 The Impact of the AIDS Epidemic on the Health of Older Persons in Northwestern Tanzania
by Ainsworth, Martha & Dayton, Julia
- 149-161 AIDS Prevention in Zambia: Implications for Social Services
by Pillai, Vijayan K. & Sunil, T. S. & Gupta, Rashmi
- 163-176 Grassroots to Grassroots: Why Forest Preservation was Rapid at Loma Alta, Ecuador
by Dustin Becker, Constance
- 177-190 Who is on the Gorilla's Payroll? Claims on Tourist Revenue From a Ugandan National Park
by Adams, William M. & Infield, Mark
- 191-210 The Economic Impact of Mariculture on a Small Regional Economy
by Stanley, Denise L.
- 211-226 Uneven and Combined Development: Understanding India's Software Exports
by D'Costa, Anthony P.
December 2002, Volume 30, Issue 12
- 2045-2056 Redesigning the Aid Contract: Donors' Use of Performance Indicators in Uganda
by Adam, Christopher S. & Gunning, Jan Willem
- 2057-2070 Economics Imperialism and the New Development Economics as Kuhnian Paradigm Shift?
by Fine, Ben
- 2071-2088 Business Cycles in Developing Countries: Are They Different?
by Rand, John & Tarp, Finn
- 2089-2107 The Challenge of Globalization for Large Chinese Firms
by Nolan, Peter & Zhang, Jin
- 2109-2132 Immunization in Developing Countries: Its Political and Organizational Determinants
by Gauri, Varun & Khaleghian, Peyvand
- 2133-2151 From New Order to Regional Autonomy: Shifting Dynamics of "Illegal" Logging in Kalimantan, Indonesia
by Casson, Anne & Obidzinski, Krystof
- 2153-2167 Why Local Resources Management Institutions Decline: A Comparative Analysis of Van (Forest) Panchayats and Forest Protection Committees in India
by Ballabh, Vishwa & Balooni, Kulbhushan & Dave, Shibani
November 2002, Volume 30, Issue 11
- 1845-1864 Homo Economicus Goes to War: Methodological Individualism, Rational Choice and the Political Economy of War
by Cramer, C.
- 1865-1884 Meso-Economic Filters Along the Policy Chain: Understanding the Links Between Policy Reforms and Rural Poverty in Latin America
by Zezza, Alberto & Llambi, Luis
- 1885-1897 What Does "Privatization" Do for Efficiency? Evidence from Argentina's and Brazil's Railways
by Estache, Antonio & Gonzalez, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes
- 1899-1919 Global Foreign Direct Investment Flows: The Role of Governance Infrastructure
by Globerman, Steven & Shapiro, Daniel
- 1921-1932 Do Labor Standards Affect Comparative Advantage in Developing Countries?
by Busse, Matthias
- 1933-1950 Responding to Financial Crisis: The Case of Jamaica
by Kirkpatrick, Colin & Tennant, David
- 1951-1965 "There are More Vets than Doctors in Chiloe": Social and Community Impact of the Globalization of Aquaculture in Chile
by Barrett, Gene & Caniggia, Mauricio I. & Read, Lorna
- 1967-1985 False Promise or False Premise? The Experience of Food and Input Market Reform in Eastern and Southern Africa
by Jayne, T. S. & Govereh, J. & Mwanaumo, A. & Nyoro, J. K. & Chapoto, A.
- 1987-2000 Men's Crops? Women's Crops? The Gender Patterns of Cropping in Ghana
by Doss, Cheryl R.
- 2001-2016 Wildlife Co-Management in the Benoue National Park-Complex, Cameroon: A Bumpy Road to Institutional Development
by Mayaka, Theodore B.
- 2017-2032 Improving Design and Performance of Group Lending: Suggestions from Burkina Faso
by MkNelly, Barbara & Kevane, Michael
- 2033-2044 Are International Remittances Altruism or Insurance? Evidence from Guyana Using Multiple-Migrant Households
by Agarwal, Reena & Horowitz, Andrew W.
October 2002, Volume 30, Issue 10
- 1677-1696 How Did Heavily Indebted Poor Countries Become Heavily Indebted? Reviewing Two Decades of Debt Relief
by Easterly, William
- 1697-1712 Reconceptualizing the Developmental State: Public Savings and Economic Growth
by Krieckhaus, Jonathan
- 1713-1736 Implementing Environmental Policies in Developing Countries Through Decentralization: The Case of Protected Areas in Bahia, Brazil
by Antonio Puppim de Oliveira, Jose
- 1737-1753 Farm Strategy, Self-Selection and Productivity: Can Small Farming Groups Offer Production Benefits to Farmers in Post-Socialist Romania?
by Sabates-Wheeler, Rachel
- 1755-1767 A Welfare Measurement of China's Rural Forestry Reform During the 1980s
by Yin, Runsheng & Xu, Jintao
- 1769-1778 Fertility Change in Asia and Africa
by Murthi, Mamta
- 1779-1790 Why does Education Lead to Lower Fertility? A Critical Review of Some of the Possibilities
by Basu, Alaka Malwade
- 1791-1803 Returning a Favor: Reciprocity Between Female Education and Fertility in India
by Mari Bhat, P. N.
- 1805-1822 A Population Out of Control? Myths About Muslim Fertility in Contemporary India
by Jeffery, Patricia & Jeffery, Roger
- 1823-1834 Demographic Transition in China and its Implications
by Hussain, Athar
- 1835-1843 The Timing of the Fertility Transition in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Garenne, Michel & Joseph, Veronique
September 2002, Volume 30, Issue 9
- 1477-1495 Economic Inequality and Its Socioeconomic Impact
by Thorbecke, Erik & Charumilind, Chutatong
- 1497-1516 Tax Incentives for Business Investment: A Primer for Policy Makers in Developing Countries
by Zee, Howell H. & Stotsky, Janet G. & Ley, Eduardo
- 1517-1537 Measuring the Welfare Effects of Reform: Urban Water Supply in Guinea
by Clarke, George R. G. & Menard, Claude & Maria Zuluaga, Ana
- 1539-1560 Women in Sustainable Development: Empowerment through Partnerships for Healthy Living
by Vargas, Claudia MarIa
- 1561-1577 Role of Transnational Corporations in the Evolution of a High-Tech Industry: The Case of India's Software Industry
by Patibandla, Murali & Petersen, Bent
- 1579-1589 Does Globalization Increase Child Labor?
by Cigno, Alessandro & Rosati, Furio C. & Guarcello, Lorenzo
- 1591-1605 In the Eyes of the State: Negotiating a "Rights-Based Approach" to Forest Conservation in Thailand
by Johnson, Craig & Forsyth, Timothy
- 1607-1620 A Framework for Understanding On-farm Environmental Degradation and Constraints to the Adoption of Soil Conservation Measures: Case Studies from Highland Tanzania and Thailand
by Jones, Samantha
- 1621-1638 Contracting Out Solutions: Political Economy of Contract Farming in the Indian Punjab
by Singh, Sukhpal
- 1639-1655 The Demand for Crop Genetic Resources: International Use of the US National Plant Germplasm System
by Smale, M. & Day-Rubenstein, K.
- 1657-1673 Offshore Pariahs? Small Island Economies, Tax Havens, and the Re-configuration of Global Finance
by Hampton, Mark P. & Christensen, John
August 2002, Volume 30, Issue 8
- 1309-1321 Myth and Reality of Pension Reform: The Latin American Evidence
by Mesa-lago, Carmelo
- 1323-1339 The Competing Agendas of Economic Reform and Peace Process: A Politico-Economic Model Applied to Guatemala
by Carbonnier, Gilles
- 1341-1353 Microequity and Microfinance
by Pretes, Michael
- 1355-1368 Bioprospecting, Benefit Sharing, and Biotechnological Capacity Building
by Artuso, Anthony
- 1369-1386 Conservation and Development Interventions as Networks: The Case of the India Ecodevelopment Project, Karnataka
by Mahanty, Sanghamitra
- 1387-1400 Watershed Development, Environmental Services, and Poverty Alleviation in India
by Kerr, John
- 1401-1412 Agricultural Trade, Development and Toxic Risk
by Dasgupta, Susmita & Meisner, Craig & Wheeler, David & Jin, Yanhong
- 1413-1430 Water Scarcity and Food Import: A Case Study for Southern Mediterranean Countries
by Yang, Hong & Zehnder, Alexander J. B.
- 1431-1444 Fiscal Faux Pas?: An Analysis of the Revenue Implications of Trade Liberalization
by Khattry, Barsha & Mohan Rao, J.
- 1445-1460 The Impact of Licenses on a "Late Starter" LDC: Chile in the 1990s
by Alvarez, Roberto & Crespi, Gustavo & Ramos, Joseph
- 1461-1476 An Assessment of the Singapore Skills Development System: Does it Constitute a Viable Model for Other Developing Countries?
by Kuruvilla, Sarosh & Erickson, Christopher L. & Hwang, Alvin
July 2002, Volume 30, Issue 7
- 1099-1122 The 'Latte Revolution'? Regulation, Markets and Consumption in the Global Coffee Chain
by Ponte, Stefano
- 1123-1135 Conflict of Trade-Facilitating Environmental Regulations with Biodiversity Concerns: The Case of Coffee-Farming Units in India
by Damodaran, A.
- 1137-1158 Electronic Commerce and Development: Fiscal Implications of Digitized Goods Trading
by Teltscher, Susanne
- 1159-1177 The Globalization of Product Markets and Immiserizing Growth: Lessons From the South African Furniture Industry
by Kaplinsky, Raphael & Morris, Mike & Readman, Jeff
- 1179-1194 Hitting the Target: Doubling Primary School Enrollments in Sub-Saharan Africa by 2015
by Bennell, Paul
- 1195-1210 Calculating a Water Poverty Index
by Sullivan, Caroline
- 1211-1231 Poverty, Vulnerability and Social Protection in a Period of Crisis: The Case of Indonesia
by Dhanani, Shafiq & Islam, Iyanatul
- 1233-1254 The Shadow Economy in Transition Countries: Friend or Foe? A Policy Perspective
by Eilat, Yair & Zinnes, Clifford
- 1255-1270 Understanding 20 Years of Change in West-Central Nepal: Continuity and Change in Lives and Ideas
by Blaikie, Piers & Cameron, John & Seddon, David
- 1271-1287 Explaining a Miracle: Intensification and the Transition Towards Sustainable Small-scale Agriculture in Dryland Machakos and Kitui Districts, Kenya
by Zaal, Fred & Oostendorp, Remco H.
- 1289-1306 Subgrouping Small States Based on Socioeconomic Characteristics
by Liou, F. M. & Ding, C. G.
June 2002, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 899-912 Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers: International Lessons for Developing Countries
by Bird, Richard M. & Smart, Michael
- 913-930 Is Good Governance Rewarded? A Cross-national Analysis of Debt Forgiveness
by Neumayer, Eric
- 931-948 Accessing Modern Science: Policy and Institutional Options for Agricultural Biotechnology in Developing Countries
by Byerlee, Derek & Fischer, Ken
- 949-958 Fighting the Tide: Alternative Trade Organizations in the Era of Global Free Trade
by LeClair, Mark S.
- 959-974 The Effects of Trade Liberalization on Imports in Selected Developing Countries
by Santos-Paulino, Amelia U.
- 975-989 Determinants of Taiwan's Trade Liberalization: The Case of a Newly Industrialized Country
by Liu, Meng-chun
- 991-1008 An Innovative Public-Private Partnership: New Approach to Development
by Samii, Ramina & Van Wassenhove, Luk N. & Bhattacharya, Shantanu
- 1009-1027 Household Life Cycles and Secondary Forest Cover Among Small Farm Colonists in the Amazon
by Perz, Stephen G. & Walker, Robert T.
- 1029-1042 Supply and Demand for Livestock Credit in Sub-Saharan Africa: Lessons for Designing New Credit Schemes
by Jabbar, M. A. & Ehui, S. K. & Von Kaufmann, R.
- 1043-1055 Convergence or Convenience? International Conservation NGOs and Development Assistance in Tanzania
by Levine, Arielle
- 1057-1072 The Impact of Environmental Regulations on Exports: Case Study Results from Cyprus, Jordan, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and Turkey
by Larson, Bruce A. & Nicolaides, Eri & Al Zu'bi, Bashir & Sukkar, Nabil & Laraki, Karim & Matoussi, Mohamed Salah & Zaim, Katalin & Chouchani, Carol
- 1073-1095 What has Happened to the Urban Population in Cote d'Ivoire Since the 1980s? An Analysis of Monetary Poverty and Deprivation Over 15 Years of Household Data
by Grimm, Michael & GuEnard, Charlotte & MesplE-Somps, Sandrine
May 2002, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 725-739 The Scramble in Africa: Reorienting Rural Livelihoods
by Bryceson, Deborah Fahy
- 741-762 World Bank: IDA Loans or IDA Grants?
by Sanford, Jonathan E.
- 763-782 Does "Participation" in Common Pool Resource Management Help the Poor? A Social Cost-Benefit Analysis of Joint Forest Management in Jharkhand, India
by Kumar, Sanjay
- 783-798 Wages for Wives: Renegotiating Gender and Production Relations in Contract Farming in the Dominican Republic
by Raynolds, Laura T.
- 799-816 Socioeconomic Context, Family Regimes, and Women's Early Labor Market Experience: The Case of Colombia and Venezuela
by Parrado, Emilio A.
- 817-834 Autonomy in Child Labor Migrants
by Iversen, Vegard
- 835-846 International Support for NGOs in Bangladesh: Some Unintended Consequences
by Stiles, Kendall
- 847-872 The Textile and Clothing Industries Under the Fifth Kondratieff Wave: Some Insights from the Case of Hong Kong
by Loo, Becky P. Y.
- 873-889 Clustering of Foreign Direct Investment and Enhanced Technology Transfer: Evidence from Hong Kong Garment Firms in China
by Thompson, Edmund R.
- 891-898 Long-term Evolution of Productivity in a Sample of Philippine Rice Farms: Implications for Sustainability and Future Research
by Tiongco, Marites & Dawe, David
April 2002, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 523-543 The Quality of Science in Participatory Research: A Case Study from Eastern Zambia
by Gladwin, Christina H. & Peterson, Jennifer S. & Mwale, Abiud C.
- 545-560 Efficiency Gains from Port Reform and the Potential for Yardstick Competition: Lessons from Mexico
by Estache, Antonio & Gonzalez, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes
- 561-574 Institutional Adjustment and Transaction Costs: Product and Inputs Markets in the Tanzanian Coffee System
by Winter-Nelson, Alex & Temu, Anna
- 575-589 Choosing Rural Road Investments to Help Reduce Poverty
by van de Walle, Dominique
- 591-619 Networks, Trust, and Innovation in Tanzania's Manufacturing Sector
by Murphy, James T.
- 621-648 Water Scarcity and Urban Africa: An Overview of Urban-Rural Water Linkages
by Showers, Kate B.
- 649-666 What Affects Organization and Collective Action for Managing Resources? Evidence from Canal Irrigation Systems in India
by Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Raju, K. V. & Gulati, Ashok
- 667-681 Economic Efficiency and Incentives for Change within Namibia's Community Wildlife Use Initiatives
by Barnes, Jonathan I. & Macgregor, James & Chris Weaver, L.
- 683-705 Livestock Market Dynamics and Local Vulnerabilities in the Sahel
by Turner, Matthew D. & Williams, Timothy O.
- 707-723 Village Banking and Maternal and Child Health: Evidence from Ecuador and Honduras
by Smith, Stephen C.
March 2002, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 337-354 The Common Pool Dilemma of Global Public Goods: Lessons from the World Bank's Net Income and Reserves
by Kapur, Devesh
- 355-373 Technical Assistance and Capacity Development in an Aid-dependent Economy: The Experience of Cambodia
by Godfrey, Martin & Sophal, Chan & Kato, Toshiyasu & Vou Piseth, Long & Dorina, Pon & Saravy, Tep & Savora, Tia & Sovannarith, So
- 375-394 Community-Based Targeting Mechanisms for Social Safety Nets: A Critical Review
by Conning, Jonathan & Kevane, Michael
- 395-412 Market Reforms, Technocrats, and Institutional Innovation
by Eric Williams, Mark
- 413-427 Employment and Unemployment in Jordan: The Importance of the Gender System
by Miles, Rebecca
- 429-441 Transboundary Pollution in Southeast Asia: The Indonesian Fires
by Quah, Euston
- 443-456 Regional Inequality and Regional Polarization in Russia, 1990-99
by Fedorov, Leonid
- 457-474 Institutional Reform and Labor Reallocation During Transition: Theory Evidence From Polish Agriculture
by Dries, Liesbeth & Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 475-475 Foreword
by Clift, Charles
- 477-486 Economics, Social Science and Development
by Kanbur, Ravi
- 487-496 The Case for Cross-Disciplinary Approaches in International Development
by Harriss, John
- 497-509 Disciplining Gender?
by Jackson, Cecile
- 511-522 Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches in Poverty Analysis
by White, Howard
February 2002, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 153-163 Economic Development, Inequality, War, and State Violence
by Wayne Nafziger, E. & Auvinen, Juha
- 165-180 Countries in Violent Conflict and Aid Strategies: The Case of Sri Lanka
by Ofstad, Arve
- 181-205 Dimensions of Human Development
by Alkire, Sabina
- 207-225 Why Governments Should Invest More to Educate Girls
by Paul Schultz, T.
- 227-253 Creating an Environment for Venture Capital in India
by Dossani, Rafiq & Kenney, Martin
- 255-263 The Social Performance and Distributional Consequences of Contract Farming: An Equilibrium Analysis of the Arachide de Bouche Program in Senegal
by Warning, Matthew & Key, Nigel
- 265-283 Engaging Simplifications: Community-Based Resource Management, Market Processes and State Agendas in Upland Southeast Asia
by Li, Tania Murray
- 285-300 Living in a Walking World: Rural Mobility and Social Equity Issues in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Porter, Gina
- 301-318 Measuring Household Livelihood Security at the Family and Community Level in the Developing World
by Lindenberg, Marc
- 319-335 Rural Development Finance in Vietnam: A Microeconometric Analysis of Household Surveys
by Bao Duong, Pham & Izumida, Yoichi
January 2002, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-15 Private Sector Development: Policies, Practices and Problems
by Schulpen, Lau & Gibbon, Peter
- 17-31 Natural Resources and Decentralization in Nicaragua: Are Local Governments Up to the Job?
by Larson, Anne M.
- 33-47 Rural Poverty in Ecuador: Assessing Local Realities for the Development of Anti-poverty Programs
by Hentschel, Jesko & Waters, William F.
- 49-60 Hurricane Mitch and the Livelihoods of the Rural Poor in Honduras
by Morris, Saul S. & Neidecker-Gonzales, Oscar & Carletto, Calogero & Munguia, Marcial & Medina, Juan Manuel & Wodon, Quentin
- 61-75 Poverty and Inequality in Bosnia and Herzegovina After the Civil War
by Bisogno, Marcelo & Chong, Alberto
- 77-93 The Political Limits to Nongovernmental Organizations in Jordan
by Wiktorowicz, Quintan
- 95-105 Microcredit, Social Capital, and Common Pool Resources
by Anderson, C. Leigh & Locker, Laura & Nugent, Rachel
- 107-119 On the Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment to Developing Countries: Is Africa Different?
by Asiedu, Elizabeth
- 121-139 The Effect of IMF Programs on Labor
by Raymond Vreeland, James
- 141-151 Modern Land Claim Agreements and Northern Canadian Aboriginal Communities
by Saku, James C.
December 2001, Volume 29, Issue 12
- 1967-1985 Post-Conflict Reconstruction and the Challenge to International Organizations: The Case of El Salvador
by del Castillo, Graciana
- 1987-2006 One Kind of Freedom: Poverty Dynamics in Post-apartheid South Africa
by Carter, Michael R. & May, Julian
- 2007-2023 Is Devolution Democratization?
by Sundar, Nandini
- 2025-2041 The Manufacture of Popular Perceptions of Scarcity: Dams and Water-Related Narratives in Gujarat, India
by Mehta, Lyla
- 2043-2057 Institutional Pluralism and Housing Delivery: A Case of Unforeseen Conflicts in Mumbai, India
by Sanyal, Bishwapriya & Mukhija, Vinit
- 2059-2074 Why People Pay Taxes: The Case of the Development Levy in Tanzania
by Fjeldstad, Odd-helge & Semboja, Joseph
- 2075-2092 Designing Agricultural Technology for African Women Farmers: Lessons from 25 Years of Experience
by Doss, Cheryl R.
- 2093-2110 Land Inheritance and Schooling in Matrilineal Societies: Evidence from Sumatra
by Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 2111-2125 Capital Flows, FDI, and Technology Spillovers: Evidence from Arab Countries
by Sadik, Ali T. & Bolbol, Ali A.
- 2127-2143 Perspectives on the Sources of Heterogeneity in Indian Industry
by Lall, Somik V. & Rodrigo, G. Chris
November 2001, Volume 29, Issue 11
- 1787-1802 Can the World Cut Poverty in Half? How Policy Reform and Effective Aid Can Meet International Development Goals
by Collier, Paul & Dollar, David
- 1803-1815 Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Looking Beyond Averages
by Ravallion, Martin
- 1817-1833 Poverty Alleviation and Tropical Forests--What Scope for Synergies?
by Wunder, Sven
- 1835-1847 Transparency Mechanisms at the Multilateral Development Banks
by Nelson, Paul J.
- 1849-1865 IMF Programs: Do They Work? Can They be Made to Work Better?
by Bird, Graham
- 1867-1883 IMF-Supported Stabilization Programs and their Critics: Evidence from the Recent Experience of Egypt
by Zaki, Mokhlis Y.
- 1885-1903 Local Clusters in Global Chains: The Causes and Consequences of Export Dynamism in Torreon's Blue Jeans Industry
by Bair, Jennifer & Gereffi, Gary
- 1905-1922 What is Behind Increasing Wage Inequality in Mexico?
by Cortez, Willy W.
- 1923-1939 A Picture of Wage Inequality and the Allocation of Labor Through a Period of Trade Liberalization: The Case of Brazil
by Green, Francis & Dickerson, Andy & Saba Arbache, Jorge
- 1941-1956 Organizational Membership and Environmental Ethics: A Comparison of Managers in State-owned Firms, Collectives, Private Firms and Joint Ventures in China
by Fryxell, Gerald E. & Lo, Carlos W. H.
- 1957-1966 Micro-Credit and Emotional Well-Being: Experience of Poor Rural Women from Matlab, Bangladesh
by Masud Ahmed, Syed & Chowdhury, Mushtaque & Bhuiya, Abbas
October 2001, Volume 29, Issue 10
- 1623-1648 Participatory Exclusions, Community Forestry, and Gender: An Analysis for South Asia and a Conceptual Framework
by Agarwal, Bina
- 1649-1672 Common Property Institutions and Sustainable Governance of Resources
by Agrawal, Arun
- 1673-1697 Social Policy and Mortality Decline in East Asia and Latin America
by McGuire, James W.
- 1699-1716 Primary Education Quality in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa: Determinants of Learning Achievement and Efficiency Considerations
by Michaelowa, Katharina
- 1717-1737 Empirical Evidence on Recycling and Trade of Paper and Lead in Developed and Developing Countries
by van Beukering, Pieter J. H. & Bouman, Mathijs N.
- 1739-1752 Combining Export Processing Zones and Regional Free Trade Agreements: Lessons From the Mexican Experience
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 1753-1767 How Important is Improved Water Infrastructure to Microenterprises? Evidence from Uganda
by Davis, Jennifer & Kang, Alice & Vincent, Jeffrey & Whittington, Dale
- 1769-1784 Targeting the Poor in Mexico: An Evaluation of the Selection of Households into PROGRESA
by Skoufias, Emmanuel & Davis, Benjamin & de la Vega, Sergio
September 2001, Volume 29, Issue 9
- 1457-1481 Poverty and Mobility in Low-status Minorities: The Cuban Case in International Perspective
by Meerman, Jacob
- 1483-1500 The Economic Cost of the War in Sri Lanka
by Arunatilake, Nisha & Jayasuriya, Sisira & Kelegama, Saman
- 1501-1525 Competitiveness Indices and Developing Countries: An Economic Evaluation of the Global Competitiveness Report
by Lall, Sanjaya
- 1527-1552 Aid Intensity in Africa
by O'Connell, Stephen A. & Soludo, Charles C.
- 1553-1567 Maquiladoras: Exploitation or Emancipation? An Overview of the Situation of Maquiladora Workers in Honduras
by Ver Beek, Kurt Alan
- 1569-1592 Coping with Change: A Study of Local Irrigation Institutions in Taiwan
by Lam, Wai Fung
- 1593-1610 Human Capital and FDI Inflows to Developing Countries: New Empirical Evidence
by Noorbakhsh, Farhad & Paloni, Alberto & Youssef, Ali