1999, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 551-569 Women and Labor Market Changes in the Global Economy: Growth Helps, Inequalities Hurt and Public Policy Matters
by Tzannatos, Zafiris
- 571-582 Marginalization Revisited: Women's Market Work and Pay, and Economic Development
by Horton, Susan
- 583-602 Global Feminization Through Flexible Labor: A Theme Revisited
by Standing, Guy
- 603-610 Counting the Invisible Workforce: The Case of Homebased Workers
by Chen, Martha & Sebstad, Jennefer & O'Connell, Lesley
- 611-627 Labor Markets as Gendered Institutions: Equality, Efficiency and Empowerment Issues
by Elson, Diane
1999, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 225-247 Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management
by Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian
- 249-269 Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and Extremes in Coastal Vietnam
by Neil Adger, W.
- 271-283 "We Are Not Compensating Rocks": Resettlement and Traditional Religious Systems
by Berg, Todd M. Vanden
- 285-300 Towards A More Effective Conditionality: An Operational Framework
by Leandro, Jose E. & Schafer, Hartwig & Frontini, Gaspar
- 301-321 Initial Conditions and Miraculous Growth: Why is South East Asia Different From Taiwan and South Korea?
by Booth, Anne
- 323-341 The Long Gestation and Brief Triumph of Import-Substituting Industrialization
by Waterbury, John
- 343-360 Privatization, Technical Efficiency and Welfare Consequences: The Case of the Cote d'Ivoire Electricity Company (CIE)
by Plane, Patrick
- 361-374 NGO Performance - What Breeds Success? New Evidence from South Asia
by Edwards, Michael
- 375-380 Easing Countries' Transitions From Price Controls and Subsidies
by Collinge, Robert A. & De La Cruz, Justino
- 381-401 Contract Farming, Smallholders, and Rural Development in Latin America: The Organization of Agroprocessing Firms and the Scale of Outgrower Production
by Key, Nigel & Runsten, David
- 403-418 Facilitating the Provision of Farm Credit: The Role of Interlocking Transactions Between Traders and Zamindars in Crop Marketing Systems in Sindh
by Smith, Laurence E. D. & Stockbridge, Michael & Lohano, Hari Ram
- 419-430 Demystifying Nonparticipation in Microcredit: A Population-Based Analysis
by Evans, Timothy G. & Adams, Alayne M. & Mohammed, Rafi & Norris, Alison H.
- 431-438 Who Participates in Labor-Intensive Public Works in Sub-Saharan Africa? Evidence from Rural Botswana and Kenya
by Teklu, Tesfaye & Asefa, Sisay
1999, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-20 Poverty, livelihood and class in rural South Africa
by Carter, Michael R. & May, Julian
- 21-38 Hypergrowth in an East Asian NIC: Public policy and capital accumulation in Singapore
by Ermisch, J. F. & Huff, W. G.
- 39-53 Understanding the role of leadership in economic policy reform
by Wallis, Joe
- 55-65 The role of small enterprises in the household and national economy in Kenya: A significant contribution or a last resort?
by Daniels, Lisa
- 67-82 Micro-credit initiatives for equitable and sustainable development: Who pays?
by Rahman, Aminur
- 83-99 Informal potato seed systems in the Andes: Why are they important and what should we do with them?
by Thiele, Graham
- 101-114 The role of bamboo plantations in rural development: The case of Anji County, Zhejiang, China
by Perez, Manuel Ruiz & Maogong, Zhong & Belcher, Brian & Chen, Xie & Maoyi, Fu & Jinzhong, Xie
- 115-136 Bureaucrats in business: The roles of privatization versus corporatization in state-owned enterprise reform
by Shirley, Mary M.
- 137-155 Why haven't developing countries privatized deeper and faster?
by Ramamurti, Ravi
- 157-168 A theory of privatization, or why bureaucrats are still in business
by Yarrow, George
- 169-200 Beyond privatization: Institutional innovation and growth in China's large state-owned enterprises
by Nolan, Peter & Xiaoqiang, Wang
- 201-213 Privatization in Africa: An appraisal
by Ariyo, Ademola & Jerome, Afeikhena
- 215-224 Privatization and the private sector
by Kuczynski, Pedro-Pablo
1998, Volume 26, Issue 12
- 2105-2118 The participatory approach: Contradiction and co-option in Burkina Faso
by Michener, Victoria J.
- 2119-2135 Gender, poverty and deprivation: Evidence from the Republic of Guinea
by Shaffer, Paul
- 2137-2151 Targeted poverty investments and economic growth in China
by Rozelle, Scott & Park, Albert & Benziger, Vincent & Changqing Ren
- 2153-2167 Forestry and the environment in China: the current situation and strategic choices
by Yin, Runsheng
- 2169-2179 Poverty and environmental degradation: A review and analysis of the nexus
by Duraiappah, Anantha K.
- 2181-2199 Employee job satisfaction in developing countries: The case of Kenya
by Mulinge, Munyae & Mueller, Charles W.
- 2201-2211 Fiscal decentralization in Indonesia: A comment on smoke and lewis
by Beier, Christoph & Ferrazzi, Gabriele
- 2213-2217 Reply to Beier and Ferrazzi
by Lewis, Blane D. & Smoke, Paue
- 2219-2220 Carbon intensity and economic development 1961-1991: A comment on Roberts and Grimes
by Mcnaughton, Daniel J. & Tsoung-Chao Lee
- 2221-2221 Reply to McNaughton and Lee
by Roberts, J. Timmons & Grimes, Peter
- 2223-2230 The pendulum swings -- An apt analogy? 1997 Northeastern Universities development consortium conference keynote talk
by Westphal, Larry E.
1998, Volume 26, Issue 11
- 1913-1919 The demographic crisis in the former Soviet Union: Introduction
by Becker, Charles & Bloom, David
- 1921-1937 Demographic implications of the Russian mortality crisis
by Bennett, Neil G. & Bloom, David E. & Ivanov, Serguey F.
- 1939-1955 Population of Russia: What can we expect in the future?
by Andreev, Evgeni & Scherbov, Sergei & Willekens, Frans
- 1957-1975 Demographic change in the former Soviet Union during the transition period
by Becker, Charles M. & Hemley, David D.
- 1977-1993 Monitoring the economic transition in the Russian Federation and its implications for the demographic crisis -- the Russian Longitudinal Monitoring Survey
by Zohoori, Namvar & Mroz, Thomas A. & Popkin, Barry & Glinskaya, Elena & Lokshin, Michael & Mancini, Dominic & Kozyreva, Polina & Kosolapov, Mikhail & Swafford, Michael
- 1995-2011 Causes of the Russian mortality crisis: Evidence and interpretations
by Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Cornia, Giovanni A. & Leon, David A. & Mesle, France
- 2013-2027 Market reform and mortality in transition economies
by Brainerd, Elizabeth
- 2029-2043 The role of social capital in the Russian mortality crisis
by Kennedy, Bruce P. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Brainerd, Elizabeth
- 2045-2056 Determinants of child health during the economic transition in Romania
by Skoufias, Emmanuel
- 2057-2072 Maternal care vs. economic wealth and the health of newborns: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic and Kansas City, USA
by Becker, Charles M. & Bibosunova, Damira I. & Holmes, Grace E. & Ibragimova, Margarita M.
- 2073-2085 Macroeconomic consequences of the Russian mortality crisis
by Bloom, David E. & Malaney, Pia N.
- 2087-2103 Pension burdens and labor force participation in Kazakstan
by Becker, Charles M. & Urzhumova, Dina S.
1998, Volume 26, Issue 10
- 1789-1806 Dimensions and diversity of property rights in rural China: Dilemmas on the road to further reform
by Liu, Shouying & Carter, Michael R. & Yao, Yang
- 1807-1826 Rural market imperfections and the farm size-- productivity relationship: Evidence from Pakistan
by Heltberg, Rasmus
- 1827-1838 Informal social support networks and household vulnerability: Empirical findings from Georgia
by Dershem, Larry & Gzirishvili, David
- 1839-1857 Structural adjustment and manufacturing sector competitiveness: Lessons from post-unification East Germany
by Paus, Eva A.
- 1859-1874 A first look at the impacts of trade liberalization on Brazilian manufacturing industry
by Moreira, Mauricio Mesquita & Correa, Paulo Guilherme
- 1875-1891 Microcredit: What can we learn from the past?
by Hollis, Aidan & Sweetman, Arthur
- 1893-1902 How reliable are group informant ratings? A test of food security ratings in Honduras
by Bergeron, Gilles & Morris, Saul Sutkover & Medina Banegas, Juan Manuel
- 1903-1912 Developing basement aquifers to generate economic benefits: A case study from Southeast Zimbabwe
by Waughray, D. K. & Lovell, C. J. & Mazhangara, E. & Mazhangara, E.
1998, Volume 26, Issue 9
- 1611-1624 Russian poverty: Muddling through economic transition with garden plots
by Seeth, Harm Tho & Chachnov, Sergei & Surinov, Alexander & Von Braun, Joachim
- 1625-1640 Farmers' use of improved seed selection practices in Mexican maize: Evidence and issues from the Sierra de Santa Marta
by Rice, Elizabeth & Smale, Melinda & Blanco, Jose-Luis
- 1641-1652 Grain versus food: A hidden issue in China's food policy debate
by Feng Lu
- 1653-1660 The IMF, the world bank and commodity prices: A case of shifting sands?
by Sapsford, David & Singer, Hans
- 1661-1675 Where have all the soldiers gone: Demobilization and reintegration in Ethiopia
by Dercon, Stefan & Ayalew, Daniel
- 1677-1694 Breaking out of the straitjacket of tradition: The politics and rhetoric of 'development' in Zimbabwe
by Robins, Steven
- 1695-1696 Editor's Introduction
by Castro, Alfonso Peter
- 1697-1699 Introduction
by Brokensha, David
- 1701-1717 Primary Health Care initiatives in colonial Kenya
by Chaiken, Miriam S.
- 1719-1731 Sustainable agriculture or sustained error? The case of cotton in Kirinyaga, Kenya
by Castro, Alfonso Peter
- 1733-1748 Colonial era livestock development policy: Introduction of improved dairy cattle in high-potential farming areas of Kenya
by Conelly, W. Thomas
- 1749-1761 Theorizing past and present women's organizations in Kenya
by Udvardy, M. L.
- 1763-1772 Pagan practices and the death of children: German colonial missionaries and child health care in South Pare, Tanzania
by Hakansson, N. Thomas
- 1773-1784 Incorporating local history into planning documents: A case study from Guinea, West Africa
by Astone, Jennifer
1998, Volume 26, Issue 8
- 1369-1385 "Market-stimulating" technology policies in developing countries: A framework with examples from East Asia
by Lall, Sanjaya & Teubal, Morris
- 1387-1411 Intersectoral linkages and the role of the state in shaping the conditions of industrial accumulation: A study of Ludhiana's manufacturing industry
by Tewari, Meenu
- 1413-1429 Feeding and fueling China in the 21st century
by Anderson, Kym & Peng, Chao Yang
- 1431-1461 The emerging fertility transition in sub-Saharan Africa
by Cohen, Barney
- 1463-1479 Rethinking health care systems: Private health care provision in India
by Berman, Peter A.
- 1481-1493 From conflict to cooperation: International policies to protect the Brazilian Amazon
by Kolk, Ans
- 1495-1511 Path dependence in regional development: Persistence and change in three industrial clusters in Santa Catarina, Brazil
by Meyer-Stamer, Jorg
- 1513-1528 Economic growth and the persistence of child labor: Evidence from an Indian city
by Swaminathan, Madhura
- 1529-1533 Introduction
by McNeill, Desmond & Bockman, Harald
- 1535-1553 The Asian debt-and-development crisis of 1997-?: Causes and consequences
by Wade, Robert
- 1555-1561 Korea: The misunderstood crisis
by Chang, Ha-Joon
- 1563-1574 Financial liberalization, crises, and Malaysian policy responses
by Jomo KS
- 1575-1591 The financial crisis in Thailand: Causes, conduct and consequences?
by Lauridsen, Laurids S.
- 1593-1609 Contesting reform: Indonesia's new order and the IMF
by Robison, Richard & Rosser, Andrew
1998, Volume 26, Issue 7
- 1169-1183 Capital Control Liberalization and Stock Market Development
by Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara
- 1185-1200 Developing Countries and the Globalization of Financial Markets
by Knight, Malcolm
- 1201-1219 Understanding the Political Implications of Financial Internationalization in Emerging Market Countries
by Maxfield, Sylvia
- 1221-1234 Does the Revival of International Private Capital Flows Mean the End of Aid?: An Analysis of Developing Countries' Access to Private Capital
by Lensink, Robert & White, Howard
- 1235-1240 Foreign Aid and Economic Performance in Tanzania
by Nyoni, Timothy S.
- 1241-1250 Aid and the Public Sector in Pakistan: Evidence with Endogenous Aid
by Franco-Rodriguez, Susana & Morrissey, Oliver & McGillivray, Mark
- 1251-1265 Assessing the Impact on Food Security of Alternative Compensatory Financing Schemes: A Simulation Approach with an Application to India
by Diakosavvas, Dimitris & Green, Christopher J.
- 1267-1282 International Overborrowing: A Decomposition of Credit and Currency Risks
by McKinnon, Ronald I. & Pill, Huw
- 1283-1298 Infrastructure Project Finance and Capital Flows: A New Perspective
by Dailami, Mansoor & Leipziger, Danny
- 1299-1314 Host Country Reforms and FDI Inflows: How Much Difference do they Make?
by Gastanaga, Victor M. & Nugent, Jeffrey B. & Pashamova, Bistra
- 1315-1330 FDI, Policy Adjustment and Endogenous Growth: Multiplier Effects from a Small Dynamic Model for Taiwan, 1959-1995
by Bende-Nabende, A. & Ford, J. L.
- 1331-1348 Liberalizing Trade in Financial Services: The Uruguay Round and the Arab Countries
by Wahba, Jackline & Mohieldin, Mahmoud
- 1349-1368 The Effect of Financial Liberalization on Capital Flight in African Economies
by Lensink, Robert & Hermes, Niels & Murinde, Victor
1998, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 913-932 Water scarcity in Kitulwatte: The social causes and consequences of environmental degradation in a highland Uva village of Sri Lanka
by Starkloff, Ralf
- 933-944 Success in integrating conservation and development? A study from Zambia
by Wainwright, Carla & Wehrmeyer, Walter
- 945-962 Regulation of privatized utilities: The Chilean experience
by Bitran, Eduardo & Serra, Pablo
- 963-977 The combined incidence of taxes and public expenditures in the Philippines
by Devarajan, Shantayanan & Hossain, Shaikh I.
- 979-991 Contract enforcement and trade liberalization in Mexico's footwear industry
by Woodruff, Christopher
- 993-1011 Intermediary institutions, community organizations, and urban environmental management: The case of three Bangkok slums
by Lee, Yok-Shiu F.
- 1013-1031 Colombia's income from the drug trade
by Steiner, Roberto
- 1033-1047 Corporate finance in developing countries: New evidence for India
by Cobham, David & Subramaniam, Ramesh
- 1049-1055 The search for a new paradigm for the development of national agricultural research systems
by Byerlee, Derek
- 1057-1071 Financing agricultural research: International investment patterns and policy perspectives
by Alston, Julian M. & Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes
- 1073-1087 Crafting smallholder-driven agricultural research systems in Southern Africa
by Rukuni, Mandivamba & Blackie, Malcolm J. & Eicher, Carl K.
- 1089-1101 The Indian agricultural research system: Structure, current policy issues, and future orientation
by Mruthyunjaya & Ranjitha, P.
- 1103-1111 Agricultural research policy issues in Latin America: An Overview
by Echeverria, Ruben G.
- 1113-1126 The transformation of the Dutch agricultural research system: An unfinished agenda
by Roseboom, Johannes & Rutten, Hans
- 1127-1148 The private sector in agricultural research systems: Will it fill the gap?
by Pray, Carl E. & Umali-Deininger, Dina
- 1149-1162 Selected policy issues in international agricultural research: On striving for international public goods in an era of donor fatigue
by Anderson, Jock R.
1998, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 743-753 Immiserized growth in liberalized agriculture
by Barrett, Christopher B.
- 755-766 Bio-cooperation and the benefits of crop genetic resources: the case of Mexican maize
by Brush, Stephen B.
- 767-781 On the trail of China's phantom farmers
by Rawski, Thomas G. & Mead, Robert W.
- 783-790 Microenterprise finance: Is there a conflict between growth and poverty alleviation?
by Mosley, Paul & Hulme, David
- 791-808 Have North-South growth linkages changed?
by Hoffmaister, Alexander W. & Pradhan, Mahmood & Samiei, Hossein
- 809-827 Inflation and monetary policy in selected West and Central African countries
by Savvides, Andreas
- 829-843 Stock markets in Africa: Emerging lions or white elephants?
by Kenny, Charles J. & Moss, Todd J.
- 845-855 Labor market adjustment in small open economies: The case of Micronesia
by Cook, Paul & Kirkpatrick, Colin
- 857-876 Assessing economic and social performance in the Cuban transition of the 1990s
by Mesa-Lago, Carmelo
- 877-895 Middle East and North Africa: Development policy in view of a narrow agricultural natural resource base
by Mubarak, Jamil A.
- 897-911 Adaptive entrepreneurship and the economic development of Hong Kong
by Yu, Tony Fu-Lai
1998, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 551-570 The convention on biological diversity and agriculture: Implications and unresolved debates1
by Frisvold, George B. & Condon, Peter T.
- 571-589 Regions of refuge and the agrarian question: Peasant agriculture and plantation forestry in Chilean araucania
by Clapp, Roger Alex
- 591-605 Double jeopardy: Globalization, liberalization and the fiscal squeeze
by Grunberg, Isabelle
- 607-622 Emerging stock markets, portfolio capital flows and long-term economie growth: Micro and macroeconomic perspectives
by Singh, Ajit & Weisse, Bruce A.
- 623-637 The problem of transaction costs in group-based microlending: An institutional perspective
by Bhatt, Nitin & Tang, Shui-Yan
- 639-656 A comparison of the economic performance of different micro-states, and between micro-states and larger countries
by Armstrong, H. & De Kervenoael, R. J. & Li, X. & Read, R.
- 657-658 Introduction to special section of World Development on financing human development
by Mundle, Sudipto
- 659-672 Financing human development: Some lessons from advanced Asian countries
by Mundle, Sudipto
- 673-694 Accommodating public expenditure policies: the case of fast growing Asian economies
by Rao, M. Govinda
- 695-715 The strategy used by high-performing Asian economies in education: Some lessons for developing countries
by Mingat, Alain
- 717-732 On the road to social health insurance: the Asian experience
by Gertler, Paul J.
- 733-742 Human development and financial conservatism
by Sen, Amartya
1998, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 365-379 Assessing the welfare impacts of public spending
by van de Walle, Dominique
- 381-394 Resource development and inequality in indigenous societies
by O'Faircheallaigh, Ciaran
- 395-412 The Political Economy of Household Environmental Management: Gender, Environment and Epidemiology in the Greater Accra Metropolitan Area
by Songsore, Jacob & McGranahan, Gordon
- 413-431 The impact of inequality, gender, external assistance and social capital on local-level cooperation
by Molinas, JoseR.
- 433-448 Evolution of the Timber Industry Along an Aging Frontier: The Case of Paragominas (1990-1995)
by Stone, Steven W.
- 449-464 "Deja Vu all over again?": The Mexican crisis and the stabilization of Uruguay in the 1970s
by Blejer, Mario I. & del Castillo, Graciana
- 465-477 Measuring exchange rate misalignment: Inflation differentials and domestic relative prices
by Masters, William A. & Ianchovichina, Elena
- 479-495 Inertia in reforming China's state-Owned enterprises: The case of Chongqing
by Chen, Aimin
- 497-506 Can Trade Liberalization Stimulate Economic Growth in Africa?
by Onafowora, Olugbenga A. & Owoye, Oluwole
- 507-515 Small Country Size and Returns to Scale in Manufacturing
by Briguglio, Lino Pascal
- 529-538 The tobin tax: Reviving a discussion
by Raffer, Kunibert
- 539-550 The cheerful pessimist: Gunnar Myrdal the dissenter (1898-1987)
by Streeten, Paul
1998, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 187-211 New Land is not enough: Agricultural performance of New Lands settlement in West Africa
by Mcmillan, Della E. & Sanders, John H. & Koenig, Dolores & Akwabi-Ameyaw, Kofi & Painter, Thomas M.
- 213-225 Food production, urban areas and policy responses
by Ellis, Frank & Sumberg, James
- 227-238 Civil society in South Africa: Learning from gender themes
by Hirschmann, David
- 239-248 Beyond methodologies: Coalition-building for participatory technology development
by Biggs, Stephen & Smith, Grant
- 249-260 Nests, nodes and niches: A system for process monitoring, information exchange and decision making for multiple stakeholders
by Alsop, Ruth & Farrington, John
- 261-276 Comprehensive impact assessment systems for NGO microenterprise development programs
by Hyman, Eric L. & Dearden, Kirk
- 277-288 The political viability of free market experimentation in Cuba: Evidence from Los Mercados Agropecuarios
by Marshall, Jeffery H.
- 289-296 The return to education: Street vendors in Mexico
by Smith, Paula A. & Metzger, Michael R.
- 297-306 Household characteristics and income inequality during inflationary periods: Recent evidence from Suriname
by Horowitz, Andrew W. & Weinhold, Diana
- 307-310 DALYs: efficiency versus equity
by Anand, Sudhir & Hanson, Kara
- 311-311 Introduction
by Bulmer-Thomas, Victor
- 313-322 The Central American common market: From closed to open regionalism
by Bulmer-Thomas, Victor
- 323-335 Measuring trade creation and trade diversion in the Central American common market: A hicksian alternative
by Nicholls, Shelton M. A.
- 337-344 Intra-industry trade and revealed comparative advantage in the Central American Common Market
by Rodas-Martini, Pablo
- 345-362 Regional integration and agricultural trade in Central America
by Rueda-Junquera, Fernando
1998, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-19 The asset vulnerability framework: Reassessing urban poverty reduction strategies
by Moser, Caroline O. N.
- 21-30 Administering contingent valuation surveys in developing countries
by Whittington, Dale
- 31-44 Additionality or diversion? food aid to Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Republics and the implications for developing countries
by Benson, Charlotte & Clay, Edward J.
- 45-59 Has jomtien made any difference? trends in donor funding for education and basic education since the late 1980s
by Bennell, Paul & Furlong, Dominic
- 61-74 The dynamics of micro and small enterprises in developing countries
by Mead, Donald C. & Liedholm, Carl
- 75-87 The politics of pollution control in Brazil: State actors and social movements cleaning up Cubatao
by De Mello Lemos, Maria Carmen
- 89-110 Coping with drought in Zimbabwe: Survey evidence on responses of rural households to risk
by Kinsey, Bill & Burger, Kees & Gunning, Jan Willem
- 111-124 Life cycles, oil cycles, or financial reforms? The growth in private savings rates in Indonesia
by Johansson, Sara
- 125-137 Pension reform, personal pensions and gender differences in pension coverage
by Barrientos, Armando
- 139-153 Productivity effects in brazilian wage determination
by Carneiro, Francisco G.
- 155-169 Measuring production efficiency of small firms in Pakistan
by Burki, Abid A. & Terrell, Dek
- 171-186 River basin development planning and management: A critical review
by Barrow, Christopher J.
1997, Volume 25, Issue 12
- 1959-1961 Editorial: Human capital and human capability
by Sen, Amartya
- 1963-1972 "Unanticipated consequences" in anti-poverty programs
by Klitgaard, Robert
- 1973-1993 Testing the limits of privatization: Argentine railroads
by Ramamurti, Ravi
- 1995-2008 An ecological economic approach to forest and biodiversity conservation: The case of vanuatu
by Tacconi, Luca
- 2009-2026 Pluralism and well-being indices
by Qizilbash, Mozaffar
- 2027-2041 The "hidden hand" behind the resilience of the stateless economy of Somalia
by Mubarak, Jamil A.
- 2043-2056 Measuring differential forest outcomes: A tale of two countries
by Koop, Gary & Tole, Lise
- 2057-2070 Confronting the classification problem: Toward a taxonomy of NGOs
by Vakil, Anna C.
- 2071-2081 The poverty trap: The dual externality model and its policy implications
by Paternostro, Stefano
- 2083-2092 Targeting the poor using ROC curves
by Wodon, Quentin T.
- 2093-2104 Shifting sands: The changing case for monetizing project food aid in Bangladesh
by Dorosh, Paul A. & Haggblade, Steven
- 2105-2114 Political feasibility of structural adjustment in africa: an application of SAM mixed multipliers
by Rich, Karl M. & Winter-Nelson, Alex & Nelson, Gerald C.
- 2115-2128 Export processing zones as catalysts
by Johansson, Helena & Nilsson, Lars
- 2129-2141 Labor remuneration in Jakarta's small enterprises: Exploitative or equitable?
by Van Diermen, Peter
- 2143-2154 Farm earnings, educational attainment, and role of public policy: Some evidence from Mexico
by Singh, Ram D. & Santiago, Maria
- 2155-2158 Formally modelling a gender-segregated economy: A response to William Darity, Jr
by Campbell, D. A. & Warner, James M.
- 2159-2161 Formally modeling a gender-segregated economy: A reply to Campbell and Warner
by Darity, William Jr
1997, Volume 25, Issue 11
- 1743-1754 Editorial: Responsible well-being -- a personal agenda for development
by Chambers, Robert
- 1755-1765 New states, new NGOs? crises and transitions among rural development NGOs in the Andean region
by Bebbington, Anthony