July 2002, Volume 30, Issue 7
- 1211-1231 Poverty, Vulnerability and Social Protection in a Period of Crisis: The Case of Indonesia
by Dhanani, Shafiq & Islam, Iyanatul
- 1233-1254 The Shadow Economy in Transition Countries: Friend or Foe? A Policy Perspective
by Eilat, Yair & Zinnes, Clifford
- 1255-1270 Understanding 20 Years of Change in West-Central Nepal: Continuity and Change in Lives and Ideas
by Blaikie, Piers & Cameron, John & Seddon, David
- 1271-1287 Explaining a Miracle: Intensification and the Transition Towards Sustainable Small-scale Agriculture in Dryland Machakos and Kitui Districts, Kenya
by Zaal, Fred & Oostendorp, Remco H.
- 1289-1306 Subgrouping Small States Based on Socioeconomic Characteristics
by Liou, F. M. & Ding, C. G.
June 2002, Volume 30, Issue 6
- 899-912 Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers: International Lessons for Developing Countries
by Bird, Richard M. & Smart, Michael
- 913-930 Is Good Governance Rewarded? A Cross-national Analysis of Debt Forgiveness
by Neumayer, Eric
- 931-948 Accessing Modern Science: Policy and Institutional Options for Agricultural Biotechnology in Developing Countries
by Byerlee, Derek & Fischer, Ken
- 949-958 Fighting the Tide: Alternative Trade Organizations in the Era of Global Free Trade
by LeClair, Mark S.
- 959-974 The Effects of Trade Liberalization on Imports in Selected Developing Countries
by Santos-Paulino, Amelia U.
- 975-989 Determinants of Taiwan's Trade Liberalization: The Case of a Newly Industrialized Country
by Liu, Meng-chun
- 991-1008 An Innovative Public-Private Partnership: New Approach to Development
by Samii, Ramina & Van Wassenhove, Luk N. & Bhattacharya, Shantanu
- 1009-1027 Household Life Cycles and Secondary Forest Cover Among Small Farm Colonists in the Amazon
by Perz, Stephen G. & Walker, Robert T.
- 1029-1042 Supply and Demand for Livestock Credit in Sub-Saharan Africa: Lessons for Designing New Credit Schemes
by Jabbar, M. A. & Ehui, S. K. & Von Kaufmann, R.
- 1043-1055 Convergence or Convenience? International Conservation NGOs and Development Assistance in Tanzania
by Levine, Arielle
- 1057-1072 The Impact of Environmental Regulations on Exports: Case Study Results from Cyprus, Jordan, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and Turkey
by Larson, Bruce A. & Nicolaides, Eri & Al Zu'bi, Bashir & Sukkar, Nabil & Laraki, Karim & Matoussi, Mohamed Salah & Zaim, Katalin & Chouchani, Carol
- 1073-1095 What has Happened to the Urban Population in Cote d'Ivoire Since the 1980s? An Analysis of Monetary Poverty and Deprivation Over 15 Years of Household Data
by Grimm, Michael & GuEnard, Charlotte & MesplE-Somps, Sandrine
May 2002, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 725-739 The Scramble in Africa: Reorienting Rural Livelihoods
by Bryceson, Deborah Fahy
- 741-762 World Bank: IDA Loans or IDA Grants?
by Sanford, Jonathan E.
- 763-782 Does "Participation" in Common Pool Resource Management Help the Poor? A Social Cost-Benefit Analysis of Joint Forest Management in Jharkhand, India
by Kumar, Sanjay
- 783-798 Wages for Wives: Renegotiating Gender and Production Relations in Contract Farming in the Dominican Republic
by Raynolds, Laura T.
- 799-816 Socioeconomic Context, Family Regimes, and Women's Early Labor Market Experience: The Case of Colombia and Venezuela
by Parrado, Emilio A.
- 817-834 Autonomy in Child Labor Migrants
by Iversen, Vegard
- 835-846 International Support for NGOs in Bangladesh: Some Unintended Consequences
by Stiles, Kendall
- 847-872 The Textile and Clothing Industries Under the Fifth Kondratieff Wave: Some Insights from the Case of Hong Kong
by Loo, Becky P. Y.
- 873-889 Clustering of Foreign Direct Investment and Enhanced Technology Transfer: Evidence from Hong Kong Garment Firms in China
by Thompson, Edmund R.
- 891-898 Long-term Evolution of Productivity in a Sample of Philippine Rice Farms: Implications for Sustainability and Future Research
by Tiongco, Marites & Dawe, David
April 2002, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 523-543 The Quality of Science in Participatory Research: A Case Study from Eastern Zambia
by Gladwin, Christina H. & Peterson, Jennifer S. & Mwale, Abiud C.
- 545-560 Efficiency Gains from Port Reform and the Potential for Yardstick Competition: Lessons from Mexico
by Estache, Antonio & Gonzalez, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes
- 561-574 Institutional Adjustment and Transaction Costs: Product and Inputs Markets in the Tanzanian Coffee System
by Winter-Nelson, Alex & Temu, Anna
- 575-589 Choosing Rural Road Investments to Help Reduce Poverty
by van de Walle, Dominique
- 591-619 Networks, Trust, and Innovation in Tanzania's Manufacturing Sector
by Murphy, James T.
- 621-648 Water Scarcity and Urban Africa: An Overview of Urban-Rural Water Linkages
by Showers, Kate B.
- 649-666 What Affects Organization and Collective Action for Managing Resources? Evidence from Canal Irrigation Systems in India
by Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Raju, K. V. & Gulati, Ashok
- 667-681 Economic Efficiency and Incentives for Change within Namibia's Community Wildlife Use Initiatives
by Barnes, Jonathan I. & Macgregor, James & Chris Weaver, L.
- 683-705 Livestock Market Dynamics and Local Vulnerabilities in the Sahel
by Turner, Matthew D. & Williams, Timothy O.
- 707-723 Village Banking and Maternal and Child Health: Evidence from Ecuador and Honduras
by Smith, Stephen C.
March 2002, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 337-354 The Common Pool Dilemma of Global Public Goods: Lessons from the World Bank's Net Income and Reserves
by Kapur, Devesh
- 355-373 Technical Assistance and Capacity Development in an Aid-dependent Economy: The Experience of Cambodia
by Godfrey, Martin & Sophal, Chan & Kato, Toshiyasu & Vou Piseth, Long & Dorina, Pon & Saravy, Tep & Savora, Tia & Sovannarith, So
- 375-394 Community-Based Targeting Mechanisms for Social Safety Nets: A Critical Review
by Conning, Jonathan & Kevane, Michael
- 395-412 Market Reforms, Technocrats, and Institutional Innovation
by Eric Williams, Mark
- 413-427 Employment and Unemployment in Jordan: The Importance of the Gender System
by Miles, Rebecca
- 429-441 Transboundary Pollution in Southeast Asia: The Indonesian Fires
by Quah, Euston
- 443-456 Regional Inequality and Regional Polarization in Russia, 1990-99
by Fedorov, Leonid
- 457-474 Institutional Reform and Labor Reallocation During Transition: Theory Evidence From Polish Agriculture
by Dries, Liesbeth & Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 475-475 Foreword
by Clift, Charles
- 477-486 Economics, Social Science and Development
by Kanbur, Ravi
- 487-496 The Case for Cross-Disciplinary Approaches in International Development
by Harriss, John
- 497-509 Disciplining Gender?
by Jackson, Cecile
- 511-522 Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches in Poverty Analysis
by White, Howard
February 2002, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 153-163 Economic Development, Inequality, War, and State Violence
by Wayne Nafziger, E. & Auvinen, Juha
- 165-180 Countries in Violent Conflict and Aid Strategies: The Case of Sri Lanka
by Ofstad, Arve
- 181-205 Dimensions of Human Development
by Alkire, Sabina
- 207-225 Why Governments Should Invest More to Educate Girls
by Paul Schultz, T.
- 227-253 Creating an Environment for Venture Capital in India
by Dossani, Rafiq & Kenney, Martin
- 255-263 The Social Performance and Distributional Consequences of Contract Farming: An Equilibrium Analysis of the Arachide de Bouche Program in Senegal
by Warning, Matthew & Key, Nigel
- 265-283 Engaging Simplifications: Community-Based Resource Management, Market Processes and State Agendas in Upland Southeast Asia
by Li, Tania Murray
- 285-300 Living in a Walking World: Rural Mobility and Social Equity Issues in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Porter, Gina
- 301-318 Measuring Household Livelihood Security at the Family and Community Level in the Developing World
by Lindenberg, Marc
- 319-335 Rural Development Finance in Vietnam: A Microeconometric Analysis of Household Surveys
by Bao Duong, Pham & Izumida, Yoichi
January 2002, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-15 Private Sector Development: Policies, Practices and Problems
by Schulpen, Lau & Gibbon, Peter
- 17-31 Natural Resources and Decentralization in Nicaragua: Are Local Governments Up to the Job?
by Larson, Anne M.
- 33-47 Rural Poverty in Ecuador: Assessing Local Realities for the Development of Anti-poverty Programs
by Hentschel, Jesko & Waters, William F.
- 49-60 Hurricane Mitch and the Livelihoods of the Rural Poor in Honduras
by Morris, Saul S. & Neidecker-Gonzales, Oscar & Carletto, Calogero & Munguia, Marcial & Medina, Juan Manuel & Wodon, Quentin
- 61-75 Poverty and Inequality in Bosnia and Herzegovina After the Civil War
by Bisogno, Marcelo & Chong, Alberto
- 77-93 The Political Limits to Nongovernmental Organizations in Jordan
by Wiktorowicz, Quintan
- 95-105 Microcredit, Social Capital, and Common Pool Resources
by Anderson, C. Leigh & Locker, Laura & Nugent, Rachel
- 107-119 On the Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment to Developing Countries: Is Africa Different?
by Asiedu, Elizabeth
- 121-139 The Effect of IMF Programs on Labor
by Raymond Vreeland, James
- 141-151 Modern Land Claim Agreements and Northern Canadian Aboriginal Communities
by Saku, James C.
December 2001, Volume 29, Issue 12
- 1967-1985 Post-Conflict Reconstruction and the Challenge to International Organizations: The Case of El Salvador
by del Castillo, Graciana
- 1987-2006 One Kind of Freedom: Poverty Dynamics in Post-apartheid South Africa
by Carter, Michael R. & May, Julian
- 2007-2023 Is Devolution Democratization?
by Sundar, Nandini
- 2025-2041 The Manufacture of Popular Perceptions of Scarcity: Dams and Water-Related Narratives in Gujarat, India
by Mehta, Lyla
- 2043-2057 Institutional Pluralism and Housing Delivery: A Case of Unforeseen Conflicts in Mumbai, India
by Sanyal, Bishwapriya & Mukhija, Vinit
- 2059-2074 Why People Pay Taxes: The Case of the Development Levy in Tanzania
by Fjeldstad, Odd-helge & Semboja, Joseph
- 2075-2092 Designing Agricultural Technology for African Women Farmers: Lessons from 25 Years of Experience
by Doss, Cheryl R.
- 2093-2110 Land Inheritance and Schooling in Matrilineal Societies: Evidence from Sumatra
by Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 2111-2125 Capital Flows, FDI, and Technology Spillovers: Evidence from Arab Countries
by Sadik, Ali T. & Bolbol, Ali A.
- 2127-2143 Perspectives on the Sources of Heterogeneity in Indian Industry
by Lall, Somik V. & Rodrigo, G. Chris
November 2001, Volume 29, Issue 11
- 1787-1802 Can the World Cut Poverty in Half? How Policy Reform and Effective Aid Can Meet International Development Goals
by Collier, Paul & Dollar, David
- 1803-1815 Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Looking Beyond Averages
by Ravallion, Martin
- 1817-1833 Poverty Alleviation and Tropical Forests--What Scope for Synergies?
by Wunder, Sven
- 1835-1847 Transparency Mechanisms at the Multilateral Development Banks
by Nelson, Paul J.
- 1849-1865 IMF Programs: Do They Work? Can They be Made to Work Better?
by Bird, Graham
- 1867-1883 IMF-Supported Stabilization Programs and their Critics: Evidence from the Recent Experience of Egypt
by Zaki, Mokhlis Y.
- 1885-1903 Local Clusters in Global Chains: The Causes and Consequences of Export Dynamism in Torreon's Blue Jeans Industry
by Bair, Jennifer & Gereffi, Gary
- 1905-1922 What is Behind Increasing Wage Inequality in Mexico?
by Cortez, Willy W.
- 1923-1939 A Picture of Wage Inequality and the Allocation of Labor Through a Period of Trade Liberalization: The Case of Brazil
by Green, Francis & Dickerson, Andy & Saba Arbache, Jorge
- 1941-1956 Organizational Membership and Environmental Ethics: A Comparison of Managers in State-owned Firms, Collectives, Private Firms and Joint Ventures in China
by Fryxell, Gerald E. & Lo, Carlos W. H.
- 1957-1966 Micro-Credit and Emotional Well-Being: Experience of Poor Rural Women from Matlab, Bangladesh
by Masud Ahmed, Syed & Chowdhury, Mushtaque & Bhuiya, Abbas
October 2001, Volume 29, Issue 10
- 1623-1648 Participatory Exclusions, Community Forestry, and Gender: An Analysis for South Asia and a Conceptual Framework
by Agarwal, Bina
- 1649-1672 Common Property Institutions and Sustainable Governance of Resources
by Agrawal, Arun
- 1673-1697 Social Policy and Mortality Decline in East Asia and Latin America
by McGuire, James W.
- 1699-1716 Primary Education Quality in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa: Determinants of Learning Achievement and Efficiency Considerations
by Michaelowa, Katharina
- 1717-1737 Empirical Evidence on Recycling and Trade of Paper and Lead in Developed and Developing Countries
by van Beukering, Pieter J. H. & Bouman, Mathijs N.
- 1739-1752 Combining Export Processing Zones and Regional Free Trade Agreements: Lessons From the Mexican Experience
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 1753-1767 How Important is Improved Water Infrastructure to Microenterprises? Evidence from Uganda
by Davis, Jennifer & Kang, Alice & Vincent, Jeffrey & Whittington, Dale
- 1769-1784 Targeting the Poor in Mexico: An Evaluation of the Selection of Households into PROGRESA
by Skoufias, Emmanuel & Davis, Benjamin & de la Vega, Sergio
September 2001, Volume 29, Issue 9
- 1457-1481 Poverty and Mobility in Low-status Minorities: The Cuban Case in International Perspective
by Meerman, Jacob
- 1483-1500 The Economic Cost of the War in Sri Lanka
by Arunatilake, Nisha & Jayasuriya, Sisira & Kelegama, Saman
- 1501-1525 Competitiveness Indices and Developing Countries: An Economic Evaluation of the Global Competitiveness Report
by Lall, Sanjaya
- 1527-1552 Aid Intensity in Africa
by O'Connell, Stephen A. & Soludo, Charles C.
- 1553-1567 Maquiladoras: Exploitation or Emancipation? An Overview of the Situation of Maquiladora Workers in Honduras
by Ver Beek, Kurt Alan
- 1569-1592 Coping with Change: A Study of Local Irrigation Institutions in Taiwan
by Lam, Wai Fung
- 1593-1610 Human Capital and FDI Inflows to Developing Countries: New Empirical Evidence
by Noorbakhsh, Farhad & Paloni, Alberto & Youssef, Ali
- 1611-1621 Integration of an Essential Services Package (ESP) in Child and Reproductive Health and Family Planning with a Micro-credit Program for Poor Women: Experience from a Pilot Project in Rural Bangladesh
by Amin, Ruhul & St. Pierre, Maurice & Ahmed, Ashraf & Haq, Runa
August 2001, Volume 29, Issue 8
- 1291-1305 Two Legs are Better than Three: New Zealand as a Model for Old Age Pensions
by John, Susan St. & Willmore, Larry
- 1307-1324 Genetic Engineering and Trade: Panacea or Dilemma for Developing Countries
by Pohl Nielsen, Chantal & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen
- 1325-1343 Adapting to Adjustment: Smallholder Livelihood Strategies in Southern Malawi
by Orr, Alastair & Mwale, Blessings
- 1345-1359 Conservation-with-Development Models in Brazil's Agro-Pastoral Landscapes
by Brannstrom, Christian
- 1361-1372 Land-Tenure Issues as Factors in Environmental Destruction in Brazilian Amazonia: The Case of Southern Para
by Fearnside, Philip M.
- 1373-1389 Population as a Determinant of Local Outcomes under Decentralization: Illustrations from Small Municipalities in Bolivia and Mexico
by Rowland, Allison M.
- 1391-1404 Women's Participation in Local Organizations: Conditions and Constraints
by Weinberger, Katinka & Jutting, Johannes Paul
- 1405-1419 The Underlying Constraints on Corporate Bond Market Development in Southeast Asia
by Sharma, Krishnan
- 1421-1434 Towards an Integrated Framework for Development and Environment Policy: The Dynamics of Environmental Kuznets Curves
by Ezzati, Majid & Singer, Burton H. & Kammen, Daniel M.
- 1435-1441 Making the World Development Report 2000: Attacking Poverty
by Wade, Robert Hunter
- 1443-1454 Development--There is Another Way: A Rural-Urban Partnership Development Paradigm
by Scarlett Epstein, T. & Jezeph, David
July 2001, Volume 29, Issue 7
- 1097-1113 Civil Society Collaboration with Business: Bringing Empowerment Back in
by Ashman, Darcy
- 1115-1136 Understanding the Links Between Conservation and Development in the Bamenda Highlands, Cameroon
by Abbot, Joanne I. O. & Thomas, David H. L. & Gardner, Anne A. & Neba, Sama E. & Khen, Mbony W.
- 1137-1156 Tiny, Poor and War-Torn: Development Policy Challenges for East Timor
by Hill, Hal
- 1157-1177 Effects of Poor Transportation on Lean Production and Industrial Clustering: Evidence from the Indian Auto Industry
by Gulyani, Sumila
- 1179-1198 Utilities Privatization and the Poor: Lessons and Evidence from Latin America
by Estache, Antonio & Gomez-Lobo, Andres & Leipziger, Danny
- 1199-1214 Economic Liberalization and the Computer Industry: Comparing Outcomes in Brazil and Mexico
by Dedrick, Jason & Kraemer, Kenneth L. & Palacios, Juan J. & Tigre, Paulo Bastos & Botelho, Antonio Jose Junqueira
- 1215-1224 Corruption and Microenterprises in Russia
by Safavian, Mehnaz S. & Graham, Douglas H. & Gonzalez-Vega, Claudio
- 1225-1236 Microenterprise Lending to Female Entrepreneurs: Sacrificing Economic Growth for Poverty Alleviation?
by Kevane, Michael & Wydick, Bruce
- 1237-1256 Preference Heterogeneity, Power, and Intrahousehold Decision-Making in Rural Malaysia
by Kusago, Takayoshi & Barham, Bradford L.
- 1257-1274 Transition and Enterprise Restructuring: The Development of Individual Farming in Romania
by Rizov, Marian & Gavrilescu, Dinu & Gow, Hamish & Mathijs, Erik & Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 1275-1289 Confronting Dietary Energy Supply with Anthropometry in the Assessment of Undernutrition Prevalence at the Level of Countries
by Nube, M.
June 2001, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 925-943 Moving from the Stock of Social Capital to the Flow of Benefits: The Role of Agency
by Krishna, Anirudh
- 945-960 Embracing the Global in Thailand: Activism and Pragmatism in an Era of Deagrarianization
by Rigg, Jonathan & Nattapoolwat, Sakunee
- 961-976 Displacement for Development? The Impact of Changing State-Society Relations
by Brand, Laurie A.
- 977-993 Adapting to Climate Change in Pacific Island Countries: The Problem of Uncertainty
by Barnett, Jon
- 995-1010 Institutions and the Environmental Kuznets Curve for Deforestation: A Crosscountry Analysis for Latin America, Africa and Asia
by Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Hammig, Michael
- 1011-1024 Integrated Impact Assessment for Sustainable Development: A Case Study Approach
by Bond, Richard & Curran, Johanna & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Lee, Norman & Francis, Paul
- 1025-1033 The Long-Term Impact of Health on Economic Growth in Latin America
by Mayer, David
- 1035-1041 Dual Exchange Markets for Countries Facing Financial Crises
by Mikesell, Raymond F.
- 1043-1056 Cash Transfer Programs with Income Multipliers: PROCAMPO in Mexico
by Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Janvry, Alain de & Davis, Benjamin
- 1057-1069 Microfinance Success Amidst Macroeconomic Failure: The Experience of Bank Rakyat Indonesia During the East Asian Crisis
by Patten, Richard H. & Rosengard, Jay k. & Johnston, Don JR.
- 1071-1082 The X-Efficiency of a Group-Based Lending Institution: The Case of the Grameen Bank
by Kabir Hassan, M. & Tufte, David R.
- 1083-1094 Economic Policy, Distribution and Poverty: The Nature of Disagreements
by Kanbur, Ravi
May 2001, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 747-765 The Contested Role of Heterogeneity in Collective Action: Some Evidence from Community Forestry in Nepal
by Varughese, George & Ostrom, Elinor
- 767-782 Economic Crisis, Small Farmer Well-Being, and Forest Cover Change in Indonesia
by Sunderlin, William D. & Angelsen, Arild & Resosudarmo, Daju Pradnja & Dermawan, Ahmad & Rianto, Edy
- 783-797 Why Research Partnerships Really Matter: Innovation Theory, Institutional Arrangements and Implications for Developing New Technology for the Poor
by Hall, Andrew & Bockett, Geoffrey & Taylor, Sarah & Sivamohan, M. V. K . & Clark, Norman
- 799-811 Small-Scale Farmers Expand the Benefits of Improved Maize Germplasm: A Case Study from Chiapas, Mexico
by Bellon, Mauricio R. & Risopoulos, Jean
- 813-825 Impact of Bt Cotton in China
by Pray, Carl & Ma, Danmeng & Huang, Jikun & Qiao, Fangbin
- 827-840 Does the Private Sector Help or Hurt the Environment? Evidence from Carbon Dioxide Pollution in Developing Countries
by Talukdar, Debabrata & Meisner, Craig M.
- 841-863 What Does the 'Show Case' Show? Evidence of and Lessons from Adjustment in Uganda
by Dijkstra, A. Geske & Kees van Donge, Jan
- 865-886 Reform Strategies and Economic Performance of Russia's Regions
by Popov, Vladimir
- 887-910 Giving to the Poor? Targeting of Food Aid in Rural Ethiopia
by Jayne, T. S. & Strauss, John & Yamano, Takashi & Molla, Daniel
- 911-923 Pension Reform and Gender Gaps in Latin America: What are the Policy Options?
by Bertranou, Fabio M.
April 2001, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 573-587 Evolving Tenure Rights and Agricultural Intensification in Southwestern Burkina Faso
by Gray, Leslie C. & Kevane, Michael
- 589-600 Challenges to Proponents of Common Property Recource Systems: Despairing Voices from the Social Forests of Zimbabwe
by Campbell, Bruce & Mandondo, Alois & Nemarundwe, Nontokozo & Sithole, Bevlyne & De JonG, Wil & Luckert, Marty & Matose, Frank
- 601-617 The "New" Kerala Model: Lessons for Sustainable Development
by Veron, Rene
- 619-639 Vernacular Models of Development: An Analysis of Indonesia Under the "New Order"
by Dove, Michael R. & Kammen, Daniel M.
- 641-656 Somali Reconstruction and Local Initiative: Amoud University
by Samatar, Abdi Ismail
- 657-671 Disempowerment of Men in Rural and Urban East Africa: Implications for Male Identity and Sexual Behavior
by Silberschmidt, Margrethe
- 673-689 Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India
by Dorosh, Paul A.
- 691-710 Hedging Price Risks of Farmers by Commodity Boards: A Simulation Applied to the Indian Natural Rubber Market
by Zant, Wouter
- 711-724 Credibility and Reputation Building in the Developmental State: A Model with East Asian Applications
by Huff, W. G. & Dewit, G. & Oughton, C.
- 725-745 Patterns and Sources of Changing Wage Inequality in Chile and Costa Rica During Structural Adjustment
by Gindling, T. H. & Robbins, Donald
March 2001, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 395-409 Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications
by Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German
- 411-425 Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Chile
by Berdegue, Julio A. & Ramirez, Eduardo & Reardon, Thomas & Escobar, German
- 427-442 Rural Nonfarm Incomes in Nicaragua
by Corral, Leonardo & Reardon, Thomas
- 443-453 Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Brazil: Patterns and Evolution
by Graziano da Silva, Jose & Eduardo Del Grossi, Mauro
- 455-465 Rural Nonfarm Employment and Income Diversification in Colombia
by Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro
- 467-480 Income Strategies Among Rural Households in Mexico: The Role of Off-farm Activities
by Janvry, Alain de & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 481-496 Intersectoral Transfer, Growth, and Inequality in Rural Ecuador
by Elbers, Chris & Lanjouw, Peter
- 497-508 The Determinants of Nonfarm Income Diversification in Rural Peru
by Escobal, Javier
- 509-528 Rural Nonfarm Activities and Poverty in the Brazilian Northeast
by Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lanjouw, Peter
- 529-547 Nonfarm Employment and Poverty in Rural El Salvador
by Lanjouw, Peter
- 549-560 Nonfarm Employment and Poverty Alleviation of Rural Farm Households in Honduras
by Ruben, Ruerd & Van den berg, Marrit
- 561-572 The Determinants of Nonfarm Activities and Incomes of Rural Households in Mexico, with Emphasis on Education
by Yunez-Naude, Antonio & Edward Taylor, J.
February 2001, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 209-227 Social Capital and the Environment
by Pretty, Jules & Ward, Hugh
- 229-244 Creating Social Capital in Russia: The Novgorod Model
by Petro, Nicolai N.
- 245-263 Government Failure, Social Capital and the Appropriateness of the New Zealand Model for Public Sector Reform in Developing Countries
by Wallis, Joe & Dollery, Brian
- 265-289 New Pills for Poor People? Empirical Evidence after GATT
by Lanjouw, Jean O. & Cockburn, Iain M.
- 291-309 MNCs and Sustainable Business Practice: The Case of the Colombian and Peruvian Petroleum Industries
by Moser, Titus
- 311-321 Trade Credit and Productive Efficiency in Developing Countries
by Fisman, Raymond
- 323-343 The Role of Capital Accumulation, Adjustment and Structural Change for Economic Take-Off: Empirical Evidence from African Growth Episodes
by Berthelemy, Jean-claude & Soderling, Ludvig
- 345-363 Upgrading Primary Production: A Global Commodity Chain Approach
by Gibbon, Peter
- 365-383 A Model of Aid Impact in Some South Pacific Microstates
by Laplagne, Patrick & Treadgold, Malcolm & Baldry, Jonathan
- 385-393 Strategies to Reduce Contribution Evasion in Social Security Financing
by Bailey, Clive & Turner, John
January 2001, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-22 What Do We Know About Economic Growth? Or, Why Don't We Know Very Much?
by Kenny, Charles & Williams, David
- 23-37 Bureaucrats in Business, Chinese-Style: The Lessons of Market Reform and State Entrepreneurialism in the People's Republic of China
by Duckett, Jane
- 39-62 Microfinance with Chinese Characteristics
by Park, Albert & Ren, Changqing
- 63-84 Conflicts Over Credit: Re-Evaluating the Empowerment Potential of Loans to Women in Rural Bangladesh
by Kabeer, Naila
- 85-102 Barriers to Agricultural Exports from Developing Countries: The Role of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Requirements
by Henson, Spencer & Loader, Rupert
- 103-117 The Private Delivery of Public Crop Varieties: Rice in Andhra Pradesh
by Tripp, Robert & Pal, Suresh
- 119-133 Building on Poor People's Capacities: The Case of Common Property Resources in India and West Africa
by Beck, Tony & Nesmith, Cathy
- 135-153 Paradox of Empowerment: Reflections on a Case Study from Northern Ghana
by Botchway, Karl
- 155-166 Literacy and Intrahousehold Externalities
by Gibson, John
- 167-188 Youth Education and Work in Mexico
by Levison, Deborah & Moe, Karine S. & Marie Knaul, Felicia
- 189-208 Backward Vertical Linkages of Foreign Manufacturing Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Multinationals
by Belderbos, Rene & Capannelli, Giovanni & Fukao, Kyoji
December 2000, Volume 28, Issue 12
- 2029-2049 Human Development and Economic Sustainability
by Anand, Sudhir & Sen, Amartya
- 2051-2065 Political Responsibility in Transnational NGO Advocacy
by Jordan, Lisa & van Tuijl, Peter
- 2067-2082 Informal Sector Pollution Control: What Policy Options Do We Have?
by Blackman, Allen
- 2083-2103 From Linear Fuel Switching to Multiple Cooking Strategies: A Critique and Alternative to the Energy Ladder Model
by Masera, Omar R. & Saatkamp, Barbara D. & Kammen, Daniel M.
- 2105-2122 Are Cash Budgets a Cure for Excess Fiscal Deficits (and at What Cost)?
by Stasavage, David & Moyo, Dambisa
- 2123-2155 Poverty Comparisons Over Time and Across Countries in Africa
by Sahn, David E. & Stifel, David C.