The Multifaceted Role of the State in the Protection of Geographical Indications: A Worldwide Review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dwijen Rangnekar, 2011.
"Remaking Place: The Social Construction of a Geographical Indication for Feni,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 43(9), pages 2043-2059, September.
- Dwijen Rangnekar, 2011. "Remaking place: the social construction of a Geographical Indication for Feni," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 43(9), pages 2043-2059, September.
- John Humphrey & Neil McCulloch & Masako Ota, 2004. "The impact of European market changes on employment in the Kenyan horticulture sector," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 63-80.
- Deselnicu, Oana C. & Costanigro, Marco & Souza-Monteiro, Diogo M. & McFadden, Dawn Thilmany, 2013. "A Meta-Analysis of Geographical Indication Food Valuation Studies: What Drives the Premium for Origin-Based Labels?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(2), pages 1-16, August.
- Gilles Allaire, 2010. "Applying economic sociology to understand the meaning of "Quality" in food markets," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 167-180, November.
- Luisa Menapace & GianCarlo Moschini, 2012.
"Quality certification by geographical indications, trademarks and firm reputation,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 539-566, September.
- Menapace, Luisa & Moschini, GianCarlo, 2009. "Quality Certification by Geographical Indications, Trademarks and Firm Reputation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13126, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Menapace, Luisa & Moschini, GianCarlo, 2010. "Quality Certification by Geographical Indications, Trademarks and Firm Reputation," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61778, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hélène Ilbert & Michel Petit, 2009. "Are Geographical Indications a Valid Property Right? Global Trends and Challenges," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 27(5), pages 503-528, September.
- Jason A. Winfree & Jill J. McCluskey, 2005. "Collective Reputation and Quality," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 206-213.
- Giovannucci, Daniele & Josling, Timothy & Kerr, William & O'Connor, Bernard & Yeung, May T., 2009. "Guide to Geographical Indications: Linking Products and Their Origins (Summary)," MPRA Paper 27955, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G. E. Evans & Michael Blakeney, 2006. "The Protection of Geographical Indications After Doha: Quo Vadis?," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 575-614, September.
- Dentoni, Domenico & Menozzi, Davide & Capelli, Maria Giacinta, 2012. "Group heterogeneity and cooperation on the geographical indication regulation: The case of the “Prosciutto di Parma” Consortium," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 207-216.
- S. Henson & J. Humphrey, 2012. "Private Standards in Global Agri-Food Chains," Chapters,in: Private Standards and Global Governance, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Crespi, John M. & Marette, Stephan, 2003. "Some Economic Implications Of Public Labeling," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 34(3), pages 1-12, November.
- Tim Josling, 2006. "The War on "Terroir": Geographical Indications as a Transatlantic Trade Conflict," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 337-363.
- Jena, Pradyot R. & Grote, Ulrike, 2012. "Impact Evaluation of Traditional Basmati Rice Cultivation in Uttarakhand State of Northern India: What Implications Does It Hold for Geographical Indications?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1895-1907.
- Pierre Mérel & Richard J. Sexton, 2012.
"Will geographical indications supply excessive quality?,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 567-587, September.
- Merel, Pierre R. & Sexton, Richard J., 2011. "Will Geographical Indications Supply Excessive Quality?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114651, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hatanaka, Maki & Bain, Carmen & Busch, Lawrence, 2005. "Third-party certification in the global agrifood system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 354-369, June.
- Céline Bonnet, 2001. "Assessing consumer response to Protected Designation of Origin labelling: a mixed multinomial logit approach," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 28(4), pages 433-450, December.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521192026 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grote, Ulrike, 2009. "Environmental Labeling, Protected Geographical Indications and the Interests of Developing Countries," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 10(1), pages 1-17.
More about this item
Keywordsgeographical indications; state; trade; exclusion; standard; Intellectual Property Right;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.