Extending a Lifeline or Cutting Losses? The Effects of Conflict on Household Receipts of Remittances in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Adams Jr., Richard H. & Cuecuecha, Alfredo, 2010.
"Remittances, Household Expenditure and Investment in Guatemala,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1626-1641, November.
- Adams, Richard H. Jr., 2005. "Remittances, household expenditure and investment in Guatemala," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3532, The World Bank.
- Tatiana Nenova & Cecile Thioro Niang & Anjum Ahmad, 2009. "Bringing Finance to Pakistan's Poor : Access to Finance for Small Enterprises and the Underserved," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13803, December.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:case_paxson_orphansafrica is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-François Maystadt & Valerie Mueller & Ashwini Sebastian, 2016.
"Environmental Migration and Labor Markets in Nepal,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(2), pages 417-452.
- Maystadt, Jean-FranÃ§ois & Mueller, Valerie & Sebastian, Ashwini, 2014. "Environmental migration and labor markets in Nepal:," IFPRI discussion papers 1364, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jean-Francois Maystadt & Valerie Mueller & Ashwini Sebastian, 2014. "Environmental migration and labor markets in Nepal," Working Papers 66401053, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Raymond Guiteras & Amir Jina & A. Mushfiq Mobarak, 2015. "Satellites, Self-Reports, and Submersion: Exposure to Floods in Bangladesh," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 232-236, May.
- Anna Lindley, 2007. "Remittances in Fragile Settings: a Somali Case Study," HiCN Working Papers 27, Households in Conflict Network.
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson & Joseph Ableidinger, 2004.
"Orphans in Africa: parental death, poverty, and school enrollment,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(3), pages 483-508, August.
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson & Joseph Ableidinger, 2004. "Orphans in Africa: Parental Death, Poverty and School Enrollment," Working Papers 183, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson & Joseph Ableidinger, 2004. "Orphans in Africa: Parental Death, Poverty and School Enrollment," Working Papers 256, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Amar Iqbal Anwar & Mazhar Yaseen Mughal, 2012.
"Motives to remit: some microeconomic evidence from Pakistan,"
AccessEcon, vol. 32(1), pages 574-585.
- Amar Iqbal Anwar & Mazhar Yasin Mughal, 2012. "Motives to remit: some microeconomic evidence from Pakistan," Post-Print hal-01885299, HAL.
- repec:pri:cheawb:case_paxson_orphansafrica is not listed on IDEAS
- Gabi G. Afram, 2012. "The Remittance Market in India : Opportunities, Challenges, and Policy Options," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2228, December.
- Ahmed, Junaid & Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada, 2013. "Blessing or curse: The stabilizing role of remittances, foreign aid and FDI to Pakistan," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 153, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & William Easterly, 1999.
"Public Goods and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1243-1284.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & William Easterly, 1997. "Public Goods and Ethnic Divisions," NBER Working Papers 6009, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baqir, Reza & Easterly, William & Alesina, Alberto, 1999. "Public Goods and Ethnic Divisions," Scholarly Articles 4551797, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alesina, Alberto & Baqir, Reza & Easterly, William, 1999. "Public goods and ethnic divisions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2108, The World Bank.
- HwaJung Choi, 2007.
"Are Remittances Insurance? Evidence from Rainfall Shocks in the Philippines,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 219-248, May.
- Dean Yang & HwaJung Choi, 2005. "Are Remittances Insurance? Evidence from Rainfall Shocks in the Philippines," Working Papers 535, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Tigran A. Melkonyan & David A. Grigorian, 2008. "Microeconomic Implications of Remittances in an Overlapping Generations Model with Altruism and Self-Interest," IMF Working Papers 08/19, International Monetary Fund.
- Junaid Ahmed, 2012. "Cyclical Properties of Migrant's Remittances to Pakistan: What the data tell us," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3266-3278.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Remittance Receipt and Business Ownership in the Dominican Republic," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(7), pages 939-956, July.
- El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert, 1999. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1493-1502, August.
- Dustmann, Christian & Mestres, Josep, 2010. "Remittances and temporary migration," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 62-70, May.
- Lucas, Robert E B & Stark, Oded, 1985. "Motivations to Remit: Evidence from Botswana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 901-918, October.
- Jørgen Carling & Marta Bivand Erdal & Cindy Horst, 2012. "How does Conflict in Migrants’ Country of Origin Affect Remittance-Sending? Financial Priorities and Transnational Obligations Among Somalis and Pakistanis in Norway," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 283-309, June.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:case_paxson_orphansafrica.pdf is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pri:cheawb:case_paxson_orphansafrica.pdf is not listed on IDEAS
- Fransen, Sonja & Mazzucato, Valentina, 2014. "Remittances and Household Wealth after Conflict: A Case Study on Urban Burundi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 57-68.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konan, Yao Silvère, 2017. "Post electoral crisis and international remittances: Evidence from Côte d'Ivoire," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-86, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
Keywordsremittances; conflict; South Asia; Pakistan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:230-252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.