Comparison of Private Incentive Mechanisms for Improving Sustainability of Filipino Tuna Fisheries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Foley, 2013. "National Government Responses to Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) Fisheries Certification: Insights from Atlantic Canada," New Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 284-307, April.
- Williamson, Oliver, 2009.
"The Theory of the Firm as Governance Structure: From Choice to Contract,"
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 6, pages 111-134, December.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2002. "The Theory of the Firm as Governance Structure: From Choice to Contract," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 171-195, Summer.
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2008.
"Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Learning and Innovation in Developing Countries,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 39-58.
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2007. "Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Learning and Innovation in Developing Countries," Working Papers 117, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:84:y:2008:i:4:p:435-448 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barclay, Kate, 2010. "Impacts of tuna industries on coastal communities in Pacific Island countries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 406-413, May.
- Lone Riisgaard & Simon Bolwig & Stefano Ponte & Andries du Toit & Niels Halberg & Frank Matose, 2010. "Integrating Poverty and Environmental Concerns into Value-Chain Analysis: A Strategic Framework and Practical Guide," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 28(2), pages 195-216, March.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Ragnar Arnason & Trond Bjorndal & David Campbell & Harry F. Campbell & Colin W. Clark & Robin Connor & Diane P. Dupont & Rognvaldur Hannesson & Ray Hilborn & James E. Kirkley & To, 2005.
"Incentive-based approaches to sustainable fisheries,"
Economics and Environment Network Working Papers
0508, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Grafton, Quentin R. & Arnason, Ragnar & Bjorndal, Trond & Campbell, David & Campbell, Harry F. & Clark, Colin W. & Connor, Robin & Dupont, Diane P. & Hannesson, Rognvaldur & Hillborn, Ray & Kirkley, J, 2006. "Incentive-Based Approaches to Sustainable Fisheries," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12766, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Ponte, Stefano, 2008. "Greener than Thou: The Political Economy of Fish Ecolabeling and Its Local Manifestations in South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 159-175, January.
- Warning, Matthew & Key, Nigel, 2002. "The Social Performance and Distributional Consequences of Contract Farming: An Equilibrium Analysis of the Arachide de Bouche Program in Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 255-263, February.
- H. Schmitz & P. Knorringa, 2000. "Learning from Global Buyers," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 177-205.
- Simon Bolwig & Stefano Ponte & Andries du Toit & Lone Riisgaard & Niels Halberg, 2010. "Integrating Poverty and Environmental Concerns into Value-Chain Analysis: A Conceptual Framework," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 28(2), pages 173-194, March.
- C. Dolan & J. Humphrey, 2000. "Governance and Trade in Fresh Vegetables: The Impact of UK Supermarkets on the African Horticulture Industry," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 147-176.
- Martha Nussbaum, 2003. "Capabilities As Fundamental Entitlements: Sen And Social Justice," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2-3), pages 33-59.
- Bolwig, Simon & Gibbon, Peter & Jones, Sam, 2009. "The Economics of Smallholder Organic Contract Farming in Tropical Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1094-1104, June.
- Stephanie BARRIENTOS & Gary GEREFFI & Arianna ROSSI, 2011. "Economic and social upgrading in global production networks: A new paradigm for a changing world," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 150(3-4), pages 319-340, December.
- Gulbrandsen, Lars H., 2009. "The emergence and effectiveness of the Marine Stewardship Council," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 654-660, July.
- Kirby, David Seán & Visser, Candice & Hanich, Quentin, 2014. "Assessment of eco-labelling schemes for Pacific tuna fisheries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 132-142.
- Macusi, Edison D. & Babaran, Ricardo P. & van Zwieten, P.A.M., 2015. "Strategies and tactics of tuna fishers in the payao (anchored FAD) fishery from general Santos city, Philippines," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 63-73.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2005.
"Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 549-573, April.
- Elisa Giuliani & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004. "Upgrading in global value chains: lessons from latin american clusters," Working Papers 72, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Stefano Ponte, 2008. "Developing a â€˜Verticalâ€™ Dimension to Chronic Poverty Research: Some Lessons from Global Value Chain Analysis," Working Papers id:1743, eSocialSciences.
- Tavis Potts & Marcus Haward, 2007. "International Trade, Eco-Labelling, And Sustainable Fisheries – Recent Issues, Concepts And Practices," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 91-106, February.
- Havice, Elizabeth, 2010. "The structure of tuna access agreements in the Western and Central Pacific Ocean: Lessons for Vessel Day Scheme planning," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 979-987, September.
- Turner, Matthew A., 1997. "Quota-Induced Discarding in Heterogeneous Fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 186-195, June.
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 2002. "How does insertion in global value chains affect upgrading in industrial clusters?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1017-1027.
- Douglass C. North, 2005. "Introduction to Understanding the Process of Economic Change," Introductory Chapters,in: Understanding the Process of Economic Change Princeton University Press.
- Tran, Nhuong & Bailey, Conner & Wilson, Norbert & Phillips, Michael, 2013. "Governance of Global Value Chains in Response to Food Safety and Certification Standards: The Case of Shrimp from Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 325-336.
- Pérez-Ramírez, Mónica & Phillips, Bruce & Lluch-Belda, Daniel & Lluch-Cota, Salvador, 2012. "Perspectives for implementing fisheries certification in developing countries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 297-302, January.
- Khalid Nadvi, 2008. "Global standards, global governance and the organization of global value chains," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 323-343, May.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
- Ponte, Stefano & Ewert, Joachim, 2009. "Which Way is "Up" in Upgrading? Trajectories of Change in the Value Chain for South African Wine," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1637-1650, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gao, Zhifeng & Fang, Yingkai, 2018. "Consumer Preference of Away-From-Home Sustainable Salmon Consumption: East vs. West Cultural Comparison," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 273827, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsPhilippines; private incentive mechanisms; sustainability; tuna fishery; value chain;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:83:y:2016:i:c:p:264-279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.