The emergence and effectiveness of the Marine Stewardship Council
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bijwaard, Govert E. & Knapp, Sabine, 2009. "Analysis of ship life cycles--The impact of economic cycles and ship inspections," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 350-369.
- Mitchell, Ronald B., 1994. "Regime design matters: intentional oil pollution and treaty compliance," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(03), pages 425-458, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simon R. Bush & Peter Oosterveer, 2015. "Vertically Differentiating Environmental Standards: The Case of the Marine Stewardship Council," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-23, February.
- Sara Bonanomi & Alessandro Colombelli & Loretta Malvarosa & Maria Cozzolino & Antonello Sala, 2017. "Towards the Introduction of Sustainable Fishery Products: The Bid of a Major Italian Retailer," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-8, March.
- Miret-Pastor, Lluís & Peiró-Signes, Ángel & Segarra-Oña, Maria-del-Val & Herrera-Racionero, Paloma, 2014. "Empirical analysis of sustainable fisheries and the relation to economic performance enhancement: The case of the Spanish fishing industry," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 105-110.
- Michele Betsill & Philipp Pattberg & Eleni Dellas, 2011. "Editorial," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 1-6, March.
- Chen, Xianwen & Alfnes , Frode & Rickertsen , Kyrre, 2015. "Labeling Farmed Seafood," Working Paper Series 10-2015, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, School of Economics and Business.
- Zezza, Annalisa, 2012. "CERTIFICATION ON SUSTAINABILITY IN THE BIOFUEL SECTOR: a case study on Brazilian ethanol," Congress Papers 124112, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Bellchambers, Lynda M. & Phillips, Bruce F. & Pérez-Ramírez, Mónica & Lozano-Álvarez, Enrique & Ley-Cooper, Kim & Vega-Velazquez, Armando, 2014. "Addressing environmental considerations for Marine Stewardship Council certification: A case study using lobsters," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 249-260.
- Eleni Dellas & Philipp Pattberg & Michele Betsill, 2011. "Agency in earth system governance: refining a research agenda," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 85-98, March.
- Ahmed S. Khan, 2012. "Understanding Global Supply Chains and Seafood Markets for the Rebuilding Prospects of Northern Gulf Cod Fisheries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(11), pages 1-24, November.
- Yeeting, Agnes D. & Bush, Simon R. & Ram-Bidesi, Vina & Bailey, Megan, 2016. "Implications of new economic policy instruments for tuna management in the Western and Central Pacific," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 45-52.
- Tolentino-Zondervan, Frazen & Berentsen, Paul & Bush, Simon & Idemne, Joseph & Babaran, Ricardo & Lansink, Alfons Oude, 2016. "Comparison of Private Incentive Mechanisms for Improving Sustainability of Filipino Tuna Fisheries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 264-279.
- Kassie, Menale & Yesuf, Mahmud & Köhlin, Gunnar, 2009.
"The Role of Production Risk in Sustainable Land-Management Technology Adoption in the Ethiopian Highlands,"
Working Papers in Economics
407, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Blackman, Allen & Rivera, Jorge, 2010. "The Evidence Base for Environmental and Socioeconomic Impacts of “Sustainable” Certification," Discussion Papers dp-10-10-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Carlson, Anna & Palmer, Charles, 2016. "A qualitative meta-synthesis of the benefits of eco-labeling in developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 129-145.
- Blackman, Allen & Rivera, Jorge, 2010. "The Evidence Base for Environmental and Socioeconomic Impacts of “Sustainable” Certification," Discussion Papers dp-10-17, Resources For the Future.
- Marieke Douma & Jeroen van Wijk, 2012. "ASC Certified Shrimp: Can Extensive Shrimp Farming Benefit? A case study of Indonesia," Working Papers 2012/46, Maastricht School of Management.
- Chen, Xianwen & Alfnes, Frode & Rickertsen, Kyrre, 2014. "Consumer Preferences, Ecolabels, and the Effects of Negative Environmental Information," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 168094, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kvalvik, Ingrid & Noestvold, Bjoerg H. & Young, James A., 2014. "National or supranational fisheries sustainability certification schemes? A critical analysis of Norwegian and Icelandic responses," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 137-142.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:1:p:180-:d:126742 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olson, Julia & Clay, Patricia M. & Pinto da Silva, Patricia, 2014. "Putting the seafood in sustainable food systems," Marine Policy, Elsevier, pages 104-111.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:256:y:2013:i:c:p:69-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hoang, Phi & McGuire, William & Prakash, Aseem, 2016. "Is there Life after Death?: The Enduring Effects of the 33/50 Program on Emission Reductions," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235556, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsEffectiveness Environmental governance Fisheries certification Seafood labeling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:33:y:2009:i:4:p:654-660. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.