Contact information of Elsevier
Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Access and download statisticsTop item:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jouret. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-retailing .
2023, Volume 99, Issue 3
- 322-336 Retailing in times of soaring inflation: What we know, what we don't know, and a research agenda
by Dekimpe, Marnik G. & van Heerde, Harald J.
- 337-352 Effects of online and offline advertising and their synergy on direct telephone sales
by Lu, Steven Qiang & Singh, Sonika & de Roos, Nicolas
- 353-369 Conveying product weight in digital media using a hand image
by Jha, Subhash & Balaji, M.S. & Peck, Joann
- 370-384 A meta-analytic investigation of the organizational identification – Job performance relationship in the frontlines
by Lee, Na Young & Zablah, Alex R. & Noble, Stephanie M.
- 385-399 Can you smell the (virtual) roses? The influence of olfactory cues in virtual reality on immersion and positive brand responses
by Cowan, Kirsten & Ketron, Seth & Kostyk, Alena & Kristofferson, Kirk
- 400-419 Internationalization and digitalization: Their differing role on grocer and non-grocer retailer performance
by Batsakis, Georgios & Theoharakis, Vasilis & Li, Chengguang & Konara, Palitha
- 420-439 Highlighting supply-abundance increases attraction to small-assortment retailers
by Gu, Yangjie & Wu, Yuechen
- 440-459 Testing the performance of online recommendation agents: A meta-analysis
by Blut, Markus & Ghiassaleh, Arezou & Wang, Cheng
- 460-479 Understanding consumers in-store behavior: The dual role of episode-specific motive adjustment and motive selection
by Mukhopadhyay, Soumya & Vijayalakshmi, Akshaya & Jain, Shailendra P.
2023, Volume 99, Issue 2
- 173-192 The merchants of meta: A research agenda to understand the future of retailing in the metaverse
by Yoo, Kiwoong & Welden, Roman & Hewett, Kelly & Haenlein, Michael
- 193-209 International retailer performance: Disentangling the interplay between rule of law and culture
by Li, Shenyu & Popkowsky Leszczyc, Peter T.L. & Qiu, Chun
- 210-227 A comparison of online recommendation methods: Simultaneous versus sequential approaches
by Kim, Hwang & Rao, Vithala R.
- 228-246 Multiple psychological climates and employee self-regulatory focus: Implications for frontline employee work behavior and service performance
by Sok, Keo Mony & Danaher, Tracey S. & Sok, Phyra
- 247-264 The clock is ticking—Or is it? Customer satisfaction response to waiting shorter vs. longer than expected during a service encounter
by Caruelle, Delphine & Lervik-Olsen, Line & Gustafsson, Anders
- 265-279 How and why (imagined) online reviews impact frontline retail encounters
by Marder, Ben & Angell, Rob & Boyd, Eric
- 280-296 Should service firms introduce algorithmic advice to their existing customers? The moderating effect of service relationships
by von Walter, Benjamin & Wentzel, Daniel & Raff, Stefan
- 297-317 Co-creating affective atmospheres in retail experience
by Joy, Annamma & Wang, Jeff Jianfeng & Orazi, Davide C. & Yoon, Seyee & LaTour, Kathryn & Peña, Camilo
2023, Volume 99, Issue 1
- 5-16 In-store endcap projections and their effect on sales
by Schweiger, Elisa B. & Ahlbom, Carl-Philip & Nordfält, Jens & Roggeveen, Anne L. & Grewal, Dhruv
- 17-25 Should firms display the sale price using larger font?
by Bhattacharyya, Ayan & Jha, Subhash & Guha, Abhijit & Biswas, Abhijit
- 26-45 “Sorry, the product you ordered is out of stock”: Effects of substitution policy in online grocery retailing
by Hoang, Dong & Breugelmans, Els
- 46-65 Multichannel customer purchase behavior and long tail effects in the fashion goods market
by Ratchford, Brian & Soysal, Gonca & Zentner, Alejandro
- 66-84 Evaluating strategies for promoting retail mobile channel using a hidden Markov model
by Chen, Jialie & Rao, Vithala R.
- 85-101 “If you loved our product”: Do conditional review requests harm retailer loyalty?
by Koukova, Nevena T. & Wang, Rebecca Jen-Hui & Isaac, Mathew S.
- 102-114 Sustaining shopping momentum in retail malls using real-time messaging
by Vakeel, Khadija Ali & Fudurić, Morana & Viswanathan, Vijay & Sakashita, Mototaka
- 115-135 The influence of corporate social responsibility appeals (CSRAs) on product sales: Which appeal types perform better?
by Choi, Sunhee & Duhan, Dale F. & Dass, Mayukh
- 136-148 Disorder in secondhand retail spaces: The countervailing forces of hidden treasure and risk
by Ross, Gretchen R. & Bolton, Lisa E. & Meloy, Margaret G.
- 149-167 I might try it: Marketing actions to reduce consumer disgust toward insect-based food
by Pozharliev, Rumen & De Angelis, Matteo & Rossi, Dario & Bagozzi, Richard & Amatulli, Cesare
2022, Volume 98, Issue 4
- 576-592 Do shoppers choose the same brand on the next trip when facing the same context? An empirical investigation in FMCG retailing
by Koll, Oliver & Plank, Andreas
- 593-610 The Ostrich effect: Feeling hidden amidst the ambient sound of human voices
by Ringler, Christine & Jones, Carol L. Esmark & Stevens, Jennifer L.
- 611-632 Perceived Omnichannel Customer Experience (OCX): Concept, measurement, and impact
by Rahman, Syed Mahmudur & Carlson, Jamie & Gudergan, Siegfried P. & Wetzels, Martin & Grewal, Dhruv
- 633-646 An empirical investigation of forward-looking retailer performance using parking lot traffic data derived from satellite imagery
by Feng, Cong & Fay, Scott
- 647-666 The dark side of up-selling promotions: Evidence from an analysis of cross-brand purchase behavior☆
by Park, Chang Hee & Yoon, Tae Jung
- 667-684 Will he buy a surprise? Gender differences in the purchase of surprise offerings
by Kovacheva, Aleksandra & Nikolova, Hristina & Lamberton, Cait
- 685-705 Ideally human-ish: How anthropomorphized do you have to be in shopper-facing retail technology?
by Barney, Christian & Hancock, Tyler & Esmark Jones, Carol L. & Kazandjian, Brett & Collier, Joel E.
- 706-723 Powerlessness, variety-seeking, and the mediating role of need for autonomy
by Wang, Wangshuai & Raghunathan, Rajagopal & Gauri, Dinesh K.
- 724-740 Relative persuasiveness of repurchase intentions versus recommendations in online reviews
by Ravula, Prashanth & Jha, Subhash & Biswas, Abhijit
- 741-758 Scarcity tactics in marketing: A meta-analysis of product scarcity effects on consumer purchase intentions
by Barton, Belinda & Zlatevska, Natalina & Oppewal, Harmen
- 759-778 Brand presentation order in voice shopping: Understanding the effects of sequential product presentation
by Halbauer, Ingo & Jacob, Saskia & Klarmann, Martin
2022, Volume 98, Issue 3
- 378-394 Optimal checkout strategies for online retailers
by Sajeesh, S. & Singh, Ashutosh & Bhardwaj, Pradeep
- 395-411 Comparing the effectiveness of rewards and individually targeted coupons in loyalty programs
by Gabel, Sebastian & Guhl, Daniel
- 412-431 Spoiled Rotten: How and When Discontinuation of Repetitive and Regular Delight Offers Increases Customer Desire for Revenge
by Li, Yi & Fumagalli, Elena
- 432-452 Impact of different types of in-store displays on consumer purchase behavior
by Han, Yoonju & Chandukala, Sandeep R. & Li, Shibo
- 453-470 The impact of mobile app adoption on physical and online channels
by Lim, Boram & Xie, Ying & Haruvy, Ernan
- 471-485 Conspicuous consumption: A meta-analytic review of its antecedents, consequences, and moderators
by Kumar, Bipul & Bagozzi, Richard P. & Manrai, Ajay K. & Manrai, Lalita A.
- 486-495 The value of making producers personal
by Fuchs, Christoph & Kaiser, Ulrike & Schreier, Martin & van Osselaer, Stijn M.J.
- 496-509 Internal reference price response across store formats
by Elshiewy, Ossama & Peschel, Anne O.
- 510-526 Navigating contradictory logics in the field of luxury retailing
by Welté, Jean-Baptiste & Cayla, Julien & Fischer, Eileen
- 527-541 Chronological cues and consumers’ preference for mere newness
by Jie, Yun & Li, Ye
- 542-557 Retail price discount depth and perceived quality uncertainty
by Zheng, Dan & Chen, Yuxin & Zhang, Zhe & Che, Hai
- 558-571 It's not only what they buy, it's also what they keep: Linking marketing instruments to product returns
by El Kihal, Siham & Shehu, Edlira
2022, Volume 98, Issue 2
- 199-208 The Fifth Industrial Revolution: How Harmonious Human–Machine Collaboration is Triggering a Retail and Service [R]evolution
by Noble, Stephanie M. & Mende, Martin & Grewal, Dhruv & Parasuraman, A.
- 209-223 A Framework for Collaborative Artificial Intelligence in Marketing
by Huang, Ming-Hui & Rust, Roland T.
- 224-240 The Future of Digital Communication Research: Considering Dynamics and Multimodality
by Grewal, Dhruv & Herhausen, Dennis & Ludwig, Stephan & Villarroel Ordenes, Francisco
- 241-259 The Impact of Mobile App Adoption on Cross-buying: The Moderating Roles of Product Category Characteristics and Adoption Timing
by Liu, Huan & Sese, F. Javier
- 260-276 Information Search and Product Returns Across Mobile and Traditional Online Channels
by Zhang, Yufei & Voorhees, Clay M. & Lin, Chen & Chiang, Jeongwen & Hult, G.Tomas M. & Calantone, Roger J.
- 277-293 We Eat First with Our (Digital) Eyes: Enhancing Mental Simulation of Eating Experiences via Visual-Enabling Technologies
by Petit, Olivia & Javornik, Ana & Velasco, Carlos
- 294-314 Managing a Global Retail Brand in Different Markets: Meta-Analyses of Customer Responses to Service Encounters
by Bolton, Ruth N. & Gustafsson, Anders & Tarasi, Crina O. & Witell, Lars
- 315-334 How Customer Requests Influence Frontline Employee Job Outcomes: The Role of Personal Appraisal Tendencies and Situational Customer Demandingness
by Jung, Jin Ho & Brown, Tom J. & Zablah, Alex R.
- 335-355 Uppercase Premium Effect: The Role of Brand Letter Case in Brand Premiumness
by Yu, Yining & Zhou, Xinyue & Wang, Lei & Wang, Qiuzhen
- 356-372 On The Reference Point Effect of Reserve and Buy It Now Prices
by Zhang, Zelin & Haruvy, Ernan & Popkowski Leszczyc, Peter T.L.
2022, Volume 98, Issue 1
- 5-23 Adding budget and premium private labels to standard private labels: Established empirical generalizations, emerging empirical insights, and future research
by Keller, Kristopher O. & Dekimpe, Marnik G. & Geyskens, Inge
- 24-45 The effect of retail assortment size on perceptions, choice, and sales: Review and research directions
by Sethuraman, Raj & Gázquez-Abad, Juan Carlos & Martínez-López, Francisco J.
- 46-70 Behavioral response to price: Data-based insights and future research for retailing
by Kalyanaram, Gurumurthy & Winer, Russell S.
- 71-91 Retail store formats, competition and shopper behavior: A Systematic review
by Bonfrer, André & Chintagunta, Pradeep & Dhar, Sanjay
- 92-110 What drives retailer loyalty? A meta-analysis of the role of cognitive, affective, and social factors across five decades
by Liu-Thompkins, Yuping & Khoshghadam, Leila & Attar Shoushtari, Arjang & Zal, Saeed
- 111-132 The omnichannel continuum: Integrating online and offline channels along the customer journey
by Neslin, Scott A.
- 133-151 Cross-channel effects of omnichannel retail marketing strategies: A review of extant data-driven research
by Timoumi, Ahmed & Gangwar, Manish & Mantrala, Murali K.
- 152-177 Online and offline retailing: What we know and directions for future research
by Ratchford, Brian & Soysal, Gonca & Zentner, Alejandro & Gauri, Dinesh K.
- 178-196 What drives consumers to shop on mobile devices? Insights from a Meta-Analysis
by Luceri, Beatrice & (Tammo) Bijmolt, T.H.A. & Bellini, Silvia & Aiolfi, Simone
2021, Volume 97, Issue 4
- 507-522 Building A Sustainable Shelf: The Role of Firm Sustainability Reputation
by Carter, Kealy & Jayachandran, Satish & Murdock, Mitchel R.
- 523-544 Valuation of brand equity and retailer growth strategies using real options
by Trigeorgis, Lenos & Baldi, Francesco & Katsikeas, Constantine S.
- 545-560 Distribution effectiveness through full- and self-service channels under economic fluctuations in an emerging market
by Guissoni, Leandro Angotti & Rodrigues, Jonny Mateus & Zambaldi, Felipe & Neves, Marcos Fava
- 561-581 The strategic drivers of drop-shipping and retail store sales for seasonal products
by Sodero, Annibal C. & Namin, Aidin & Gauri, Dinesh K. & Bhaskaran, Sreekumar R.
- 582-596 Capturing Retailers’ Brand and Customer Focus
by Han, Simeng & Reinartz, Werner & Skiera, Bernd
- 597-620 Emerging Market Retail: Transitioning from a Product-Centric to a Customer-Centric Approach
by Gupta, Shaphali & Ramachandran, Divya
- 621-638 How Dispersive Opinions Affect Consumer Decisions: Endowment Effect Guides Attributional Inferences
by Xie, Guangming & Lü, Kevin & Gupta, Suraksha & Jiang, Yushi & Shi, Li
- 639-657 Channel Intermediaries and Manufacturer Performance: An Exploratory Investigation in an Emerging Market
by Sharma, Amalesh & Cosguner, Koray & Sharma, Tarun K. & Motiani, Manoj
- 658-675 The role of machine learning analytics and metrics in retailing research
by Wang, Xin (Shane) & Ryoo, Jun Hyun (Joseph) & Bendle, Neil & Kopalle, Praveen K.
- 676-696 A Comparison of Return Rate Calculation Methods: Evidence from 16 Retailers
by El Kihal, Siham & Nurullayev, Namig & Schulze, Christian & Skiera, Bernd
- 697-714 Predicting Under- and Overperforming SKUs within the Distribution–Market Share Relationship
by Hirche, Martin & Farris, Paul W. & Greenacre, Luke & Quan, Yiran & Wei, Susan
- 715-725 A score-driven model of short-term demand forecasting for retail distribution centers
by Hoeltgebaum, Henrique & Borenstein, Denis & Fernandes, Cristiano & Veiga, Álvaro
- 726-745 Joint In-Season and Out-of-Season Promotion Demand Forecasting in a Retail Environment
by Wolters, Jannik & Huchzermeier, Arnd
- 746-763 Keyword Selection Strategies in Search Engine Optimization: How Relevant is Relevance?
by Nagpal, Mayank & Petersen, J. Andrew
- 764-779 Customized Targeting Strategies for Category Coupons to Maximize CLV and Minimize Cost
by von Mutius, Bernhard & Huchzermeier, Arnd
2021, Volume 97, Issue 3
- 319-335 Matching the Personal Initiative Capabilities of FLEs to Their Self-Regulatory Processes and the Firm's Initiative Climate
by Sok, Phyra & Danaher, Tracey S. & Sok, Keo Mony
- 336-346 An Investigation of Consumer Subjective Knowledge in Frontline Interactions
by Hochstein, Bryan & Bolander, Willy & Christenson, Brett & Pratt, Alexander B. & Reynolds, Kristy
- 347-358 Perceptual differences regarding leadership between the store manager and employees and its impact on frontline sales performance: A research note
by Vieira, Valter Afonso & Fernandes de Negreiros, Leticia & Agnihotri, Raj & Bakeshloo, Khashayar Afshar
- 359-376 The impact of supply disruption risk on a retailer’s pricing and procurement strategies in the presence of a substitute product
by Gheibi, Shahryar & Fay, Scott
- 377-393 The effect of permanent product discounts and order coupons on purchase incidence, purchase quantity, and spending
by Liu, Huan & Lobschat, Lara & Verhoef, Peter C. & Zhao, Hong
- 394-404 On the Extendibility of Brands with Subordinate versus Basic Category Concepts
by Topaloglu, Omer & Kumar, Piyush & Dass, Mayukh
- 405-423 Contractual Discrimination in Franchise Relationships
by Sawant, Rajeev J. & Hada, Mahima & Blanchard, Simon J.
- 424-438 Customizing calories: How rejecting (vs. selecting) ingredients leads to lower calorie estimation and unhealthier food choices
by Besharat, Ali & Romero, Marisabel & Haws, Kelly
- 439-458 All or Nothing in Sensory Marketing: Must All or Only Some Sensory Attributes Be Congruent With a Product’s Primary Function?
by Fürst, Andreas & Pečornik, Nina & Binder, Christian
- 459-476 Influencing Consumer Responses to Highly Aesthetic Products: The Role of Mindsets
by Lin, Ying-Ching & Chang, Chiu-Chi Angela
- 477-491 Which Products are More Responsive to In-Store Displays: Utilitarian or Hedonic?
by Garrido-Morgado, Álvaro & González-Benito, Óscar & Martos-Partal, Mercedes & Campo, Katia
2021, Volume 97, Issue 2
- 154-172 Going Online for Groceries: Drivers of Category-Level Share of Wallet Expansion
by Campo, Katia & Lamey, Lien & Breugelmans, Els & Melis, Kristina
- 173-190 How Do Social Norms Influence Parents’ Food Choices for Their Children? The Role of Social Comparison and Implicit Self-Theories
by Hogreve, Jens & Matta, Shashi & Hettich, Alexander S. & Reczek, Rebecca Walker
- 191-206 Picking Gifts for Picky People
by Cheng, Andong & Meloy, Margaret G. & Polman, Evan
- 207-216 How Do Customers Alter Their Basket Composition When They Perceive the Retail Store to Be Crowded? An Empirical Study
by Aydinli, Aylin & Lamey, Lien & Millet, Kobe & ter Braak, Anne & Vuegen, Maya
- 217-237 Drown or Blossom? The Impact of Perceived Chronic Time Pressure on Retail Salespeople's Performance and Customer–Salesperson Relationships
by Ryari, Hanaa & Alavi, Sascha & Wieseke, Jan
- 238-250 Expertise Makes Perfect: How the Variance of a Reviewer's Historical Ratings Influences the Persuasiveness of Online Reviews
by Wu, Xiaoyue & Jin, Liyin & Xu, Qian
- 251-266 Intermediate Choice Lists: How Product Attributes Influence Purchase Likelihood in a Self-Imposed Delay
by Popovich, Deidre & Hamilton, Ryan
- 267-287 The Cosmopolitan Servicescape
by Figueiredo, Bernardo & Larsen, Hanne Pico & Bean, Jonathan
- 288-300 The Power of Consequential Product Sounds
by Ringler, Christine & Sirianni, Nancy J. & Christenson, Brett
- 301-315 Children's Perceived Value: Conceptualization, Scale Development, and Validation
by Williams, Janine & Gazley, Aaron & Ashill, Nicholas
2021, Volume 97, Issue 1
- 2-5 Navigating the Retailing Frontier through Academic and Practitioner Collaboration
by Gauri, Dinesh K. & Grewal, Dhruv
- 6-12 Strategizing Retailing in the New Technology Era
by Grewal, Dhruv & Gauri, Dinesh K. & Roggeveen, Anne L. & Sethuraman, Raj
- 13-27 How Technology is Changing Retail
by Shankar, Venkatesh & Kalyanam, Kirthi & Setia, Pankaj & Golmohammadi, Alireza & Tirunillai, Seshadri & Douglass, Tom & Hennessey, John & Bull, J.S. & Waddoups, Rand
- 28-41 How artificial intelligence will affect the future of retailing
by Guha, Abhijit & Grewal, Dhruv & Kopalle, Praveen K. & Haenlein, Michael & Schneider, Matthew J. & Jung, Hyunseok & Moustafa, Rida & Hegde, Dinesh R. & Hawkins, Gary
- 42-61 Evolution of retail formats: Past, present, and future
by Gauri, Dinesh K. & Jindal, Rupinder P. & Ratchford, Brian & Fox, Edward & Bhatnagar, Amit & Pandey, Aashish & Navallo, Jonathan R. & Fogarty, John & Carr, Stephen & Howerton, Eric
- 62-80 Sustainable Retailing
by Vadakkepatt, Gautham G. & Winterich, Karen Page & Mittal, Vikas & Zinn, Walter & Beitelspacher, Lauren & Aloysius, John & Ginger, Jessica & Reilman, Julie
- 81-98 Forging meaningful consumer-brand relationships through creative merchandise offerings and innovative merchandising strategies
by Roggeveen, Anne L. & Grewal, Dhruv & Karsberg, John & Noble, Stephanie M. & Nordfält, Jens & Patrick, Vanessa M. & Schweiger, Elisa & Soysal, Gonca & Dillard, Annemarie & Cooper, Nora & Olson, Richard
- 99-115 The Future of Private Labels: Towards a Smart Private Label Strategy
by Gielens, Katrijn & Ma, Yu & Namin, Aidin & Sethuraman, Raj & Smith, Ronn J. & Bachtel, Robert C. & Jervis, Suzanne
- 116-132 Retailer Marketing Communications in the Digital Age: Getting the Right Message to the Right Shopper at the Right Time
by Villanova, Daniel & Bodapati, Anand V. & Puccinelli, Nancy M. & Tsiros, Michael & Goodstein, Ronald C. & Kushwaha, Tarun & Suri, Rajneesh & Ho, Henry & Brandon, Renee & Hatfield, Cheryl
- 133-149 Insight is power: Understanding the terms of the consumer-firm data exchange
by Krafft, Manfred & Kumar, V. & Harmeling, Colleen & Singh, Siddharth & Zhu, Ting & Chen, Jialie & Duncan, Tom & Fortin, Whitney & Rosa, Erin
2020, Volume 96, Issue 4
- 458-473 Understanding the Strategic Consequences of Customer Privacy Concerns: A Meta-Analytic Review
by Okazaki, Shintaro & Eisend, Martin & Plangger, Kirk & de Ruyter, Ko & Grewal, Dhruv
- 474-489 Data Privacy in Retail
by Martin, Kelly D. & Kim, Jisu J. & Palmatier, Robert W. & Steinhoff, Lena & Stewart, David W. & Walker, Beth A. & Wang, Yonggui & Weaven, Scott K.
- 490-506 Customers’ Willingness to Disclose Personal Information throughout the Customer Purchase Journey in Retailing: The Role of Perceived Warmth
by Aiello, Gaetano & Donvito, Raffaele & Acuti, Diletta & Grazzini, Laura & Mazzoli, Valentina & Vannucci, Virginia & Viglia, Giampaolo
- 507-523 Increasing Consumers’ Willingness to Engage in Data Disclosure Processes through Relevance-Illustrating Game Elements
by Bidler, Margarita & Zimmermann, Johanna & Schumann, Jan H. & Widjaja, Thomas
- 524-547 What Information Do Shoppers Share? The Effect of Personnel-, Retailer-, and Country-Trust on Willingness to Share Information
by Grosso, Monica & Castaldo, Sandro & Li, Hua (Ariel) & Larivière, Bart
- 548-562 Conflict Aftermath: Dispute Resolution and Financial Performance in Franchising
by Wang, Jeff Jianfeng & Grünhagen, Marko & Ji, Li (Jenny) & Zheng, Xu (Vivian)
- 563-577 Resale Price Maintenance: Customer Service Without Free Riding
by Ingene, Charles A. & Parry, Mark E. & Xu, Zibin
- 578-589 Consumer Reactance to Promotional Favors
by Bertini, Marco & Aydinli, Aylin
- 590-605 The Effects of Environmental Haptic Cues on Consumer Perceptions of Retailer Warmth and Competence
by Jha, Subhash & Balaji, M.S. & Peck, Joann & Oakley, Jared & Deitz, George D.
2020, Volume 96, Issue 3
- 310-327 Identifying omnichannel deal prone segments, their antecedents, and their consequences
by Valentini, Sara & Neslin, Scott A. & Montaguti, Elisa
- 328-343 Automated Product Recommendations with Preference-Based Explanations
by Marchand, André & Marx, Paul
- 344-361 Getting Personal in Public!? How Consumers Respond to Public Personalized Advertising in Retail Stores
by Hess, Nicole J. & Kelley, Corinne M. & Scott, Maura L. & Mende, Martin & Schumann, Jan H.
- 362-382 Consequences of Perceived Crowding: A Meta-Analytical Perspective
by Blut, Markus & Iyer, Gopalkrishnan R.
- 383-396 Is $0 Better than Free? Consumer Response to “$0” versus “Free” Framing of a Free Promotion
by Koo, Jieun & Suk, Kwanho
- 397-410 The Upside of Down: Presenting a Price in a Low or High Location Influences How Consumers Evaluate It
by Barone, Michael J. & Coulter, Keith S. & Li, Xingbo
- 411-433 Store Closings and Retailer Profitability: A Contingency Perspective
by Feng, Cong & Fay, Scott
- 434-444 Mitigating the Negative Effects of Regional Clustering in Franchising: The Roles of Governance Mechanisms
by Vivian Zheng, Xu & Jenny Ji, Li & Su, Chenting
2020, Volume 96, Issue 2
- 178-188 The Influence of Payment Mechanisms on Pricing: When Mental Imagery Stimulates Desire for Money
by Xu, Xiaobing & Chen, Rong & Jiang, Lan
- 189-202 Counterfeiters in Online Marketplaces: Stealing Your Sales or Sharing Your Costs
by Sun, Jiong & Zhang, Xing & Zhu, Qingyuan
- 203-219 Luxury Single- versus Multi-Brand Stores: The Effect of Consumers’ Hedonic Goals on Brand Comparisons
by Desmichel, Perrine & Kocher, Bruno
- 220-234 The Price of Power: How Firm’s Market Power Affects Perceived Fairness of Price Increases
by Lu, Zhi & Bolton, Lisa E. & Ng, Sharon & Chen, Haipeng (Allan)
- 235-250 Premiums Paid for What You Believe In: The Interactive Roles of Price Promotion and Cause Involvement on Consumer Response
by Kim, Claire Heeryung & Han, Eunjoo
- 251-265 The Role of Hedonic and Utilitarian Motives on the Effectiveness of Partitioned Pricing
by Choi, Jungsil & Madhavaram, Sreedhar R. & Park, Hyun Young
- 266-281 Shape Matters: Package Shape Informs Brand Status Categorization and Brand Choice
by Chen, Huan & Pang, Jun & Koo, Minkyung & Patrick, Vanessa M.
- 282-296 Dynamic Right-Slanted Fonts Increase the Effectiveness of Promotional Retail Advertising
by Mead, James A. & Richerson, Rob & Li, Wenjing
2020, Volume 96, Issue 1
- 3-8 Understanding Retail Experiences and Customer Journey Management
by Grewal, Dhruv & Roggeveen, Anne L.
- 9-24 Journeying Together: Aligning Retailer and Service Provider Roles with Collective Consumer Practices
by Thomas, Tandy Chalmers & Epp, Amber M. & Price, Linda L.
- 25-39 Social Influence in the Retail Context: A Contemporary Review of the Literature
by Argo, Jennifer J. & Dahl, Darren W.
- 40-54 Culture and the Consumer Journey
by Shavitt, Sharon & Barnes, Aaron J.
- 55-73 Political Identity and the Consumer Journey: A Research Review
by Jung, Jihye & Mittal, Vikas
- 74-87 Autonomous Shopping Systems: Identifying and Overcoming Barriers to Consumer Adoption
by de Bellis, Emanuel & Venkataramani Johar, Gita
- 88-100 The Power of Personal
by van Osselaer, Stijn M.J. & Fuchs, Christoph & Schreier, Martin & Puntoni, Stefano
- 101-127 On the Experience and Engineering of Consumer Pride, Consumer Excitement, and Consumer Relaxation in the Marketplace
by Pham, Michel Tuan & Sun, Jennifer J.
- 128-137 The DAST Framework for Retail Atmospherics: The Impact of In- and Out-of-Store Retail Journey Touchpoints on the Customer Experience
by Roggeveen, Anne L. & Grewal, Dhruv & Schweiger, Elisa B.
- 138-154 The Role of Numbers in the Customer Journey
by Santana, Shelle & Thomas, Manoj & Morwitz, Vicki G.
- 155-167 Brand Building on the Doorstep: The Importance of the First (Physical) Impression
by Moreau, C. Page
2019, Volume 95, Issue 4
- 116-127 The power of consumption-imagery in communicating retail-store deals
by Aydınoğlu, Nilüfer Z. & Krishna, Aradhna
- 128-142 Increasing Shopper Trust in Retailer Technological Interfaces via Auditory Confirmation
by Reynolds-McIlnay, Ryann & Morrin, Maureen
- 143-157 The Way the Wind Blows: Direction of Airflow Energizes Consumers and Fuels Creative Engagement
by Izadi, Anoosha & Rudd, Melanie & Patrick, Vanessa M.
- 158-169 Feel the Music! Exploring the Cross-modal Correspondence between Music and Haptic Perceptions of Softness
by Imschloss, Monika & Kuehnl, Christina
- 170-185 Self-Control and Touch: When Does Direct Versus Indirect Touch Increase Hedonic Evaluations and Consumption of Food
by Madzharov, Adriana V.
- 186-203 Look but Don’t Touch! The Impact of Active Interpersonal Haptic Blocking on Compensatory Touch and Purchase Behavior
by Ringler, Christine & Sirianni, Nancy J. & Gustafsson, Anders & Peck, Joann
- 204-218 A Packaging Visual-Gustatory Correspondence Effect: Using Visual Packaging Design to Influence Flavor Perception and Healthy Eating Decisions
by Togawa, Taku & Park, Jaewoo & Ishii, Hiroaki & Deng, Xiaoyan
- 219-234 Touching the Untouchable: Exploring Multi-Sensory Augmented Reality in the Context of Online Retailing
by Heller, Jonas & Chylinski, Mathew & de Ruyter, Ko & Mahr, Dominik & Keeling, Debbie I.
2019, Volume 95, Issue 3
- 9-29 Loyalty Formation for Different Customer Journey Segments
by Herhausen, Dennis & Kleinlercher, Kristina & Verhoef, Peter C. & Emrich, Oliver & Rudolph, Thomas
- 30-46 The Effects of Retail Banner Standardization on the Performance of Global Retailers
by Nath, Pravin & Kirca, Ahmet H. & Kim, Saejoon & Andras, Trina Larsen
- 47-62 Do Mystery Shoppers Really Predict Customer Satisfaction and Sales Performance?
by Blessing, Gerald & Natter, Martin
- 63-75 Sensitivity to Ulterior Motives in Retail Settings: The Moderating Role of Dual-Identity versus Sole-Identity Consumers
by Main, Kelley J. & Guo, Wenxia & White, Katherine
- 76-85 By-Brand or By-Category? The Effect of Display Format on Brand Extension Evaluation
by Zheng, Xiaoying & Baskin, Ernest & Dhar, Ravi
- 86-98 More Than Aesthetic: Visual Boundaries and Perceived Variety
by Wen, Na & Lurie, Nicholas H.
- 99-108 Are Low Price and Price Matching Guarantees Equivalent? The Effects of Different Price Guarantees on Consumers’ Evaluations
by Verma, Swati & Guha, Abhijit & Biswas, Abhijit & Grewal, Dhruv
2019, Volume 95, Issue 2
- 83-83 Foreword
by Roggeveen, Anne L. & Sethuraman, Raj
- 94-114 Let Me Imagine That for You: Transforming the Retail Frontline Through Augmenting Customer Mental Imagery Ability
by Heller, Jonas & Chylinski, Mathew & de Ruyter, Ko & Mahr, Dominik & Keeling, Debbie I.
- 115-129 The Language Backfire Effect: How Frontline Employees Decrease Customer Satisfaction through Language Use
by Holmqvist, Jonas & Van Vaerenbergh, Yves & Lunardo, Renaud & Dahlén, Micael
- 130-143 Driving In-Role and Extra-Role Brand Performance among Retail Frontline Salespeople: Antecedents and the Moderating Role of Customer Orientation
by Hughes, Douglas E. & Richards, Keith A. & Calantone, Roger & Baldus, Brian & Spreng, Richard A.
- 144-155 Store Manager–Store Performance Relationship: A Research Note
by Arnold, Todd J. & Grewal, Dhruv & Motyka, Scott & Kim, Namwoon & Sharma, Arun & Srivastava, Rajendra
2019, Volume 95, Issue 1
- 10-23 Antecedents and Consequences of Customer Satisfaction: Do They Differ Across Online and Offline Purchases?
by Hult, G. Tomas M. & Sharma, Pratyush Nidhi & Morgeson, Forrest V. & Zhang, Yufei
- 24-41 New Hidden Persuaders: An Investigation of Attribute-Level Anchoring Effects of Product Recommendations
by Köcher, Sören & Jugovac, Michael & Jannach, Dietmar & Holzmüller, Hartmut H.
- 42-56 Strategic information management in a distribution channel
by Guan, Xu & Mantrala, Murali & Bian, Yiwen
- 57-66 Couponing Strategies in Competition Between a National Brand and a Private Label Product
by Bauner, Christoph & Jaenicke, Edward & Wang, Emily & Wu, Ping-Chao
- 67-82 Why Museological Merchandise Displays Enhance Luxury Product Evaluations: An Extended Art Infusion Effect
by Logkizidou, Maria & Bottomley, Paul & Angell, Rob & Evanschitzky, Heiner
2018, Volume 94, Issue 4
- 343-351 The Effects of Search-Related and Purchase-Related Mobile App Additions on Retailers’ Shareholder Wealth: The Roles of Firm Size, Product Category, and Customer Segment
by Cao, Lanlan & Liu, Xin & Cao, Wenbin
- 352-363 Small but Sincere: How Firm Size and Gratitude Determine the Effectiveness of Cause Marketing Campaigns
by De Vries, Eline L.E. & Duque, Lola C.
- 364-379 Retailer Categorization: How Store-Format Price Image Influences Expected Prices and Consumer Choices
by Koschmann, Anthony & Isaac, Mathew S.
- 380-392 Is a $200 Nordstrom Gift Card Worth More or Less Than a $200 Gap Gift Card? The Asymmetric Valuations of Luxury Gift Cards
by Gunasti, Kunter & Baskin, Ernest
- 393-407 The Case for Compatibility: Product Attitudes and Purchase Intentions for Upper versus Lowercase Brand Names
by Wen, Na & Lurie, Nicholas H.
- 408-418 Retailer Dominance and Quality Variation: Observations and a Theoretical Explanation
by Banerjee, Somnath & Stock, Axel
2018, Volume 94, Issue 3
- 247-264 The Effect of Online Shopping Platform Strategies on Search, Display, and Membership Revenues
by Lee, Ju-Yeon & Fang, Eric & Kim, Jisu J. & Li, Xiaoling & Palmatier, Robert W.
- 265-279 How Does Web Personalization Create Value for Online Retailers? Lower Cash Flow Volatility or Enhanced Cash Flows
by Kalaignanam, Kartik & Kushwaha, Tarun & Rajavi, Koushyar
- 280-295 The Cake Looks Yummy on the Shelf up There: The Interactive Effect of Retail Shelf Position and Consumers’ Personal Sense of Power on Indulgent Choice
by Wongkitrungrueng, Apiradee & Valenzuela, Ana & Sen, Sankar
- 296-311 When Beauty Backfires: The Effects of Server Attractiveness on Consumer Taste Perceptions
by Lin, Lily & Hoegg, JoAndrea & Aquino, Karl
- 312-327 Innovation Cloning: The Introduction and Performance of Private Label Innovation Copycats
by ter Braak, Anne & Deleersnyder, Barbara
- 328-342 Retail Market Power in a Shopping Basket Model of Supermarket Competition
by Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Yonezawa, Koichi
2018, Volume 94, Issue 2
- 113-135 Testing Retail Marketing-Mix Effects on Patronage: A Meta-Analysis
by Blut, Markus & Teller, Christoph & Floh, Arne
- 136-153 Why is Price Dispersion Higher Online than Offline? The Impact of Retailer Type and Shopping Risk on Price Dispersion
by Zhuang, Hejun & Popkowski Leszczyc, Peter T.L. & Lin, Yuanfang
- 154-166 Perceived Product Sizes in Visually Complex Environments
by Ketron, Seth
- 167-185 The Color of Choice: The Influence of Presenting Product Information in Color on the Compromise Effect
by Kim, Jungkeun & Spence, Mark T. & Marshall, Roger
- 186-202 Appreciating Anonymity: An Exploration of Embarrassing Products and the Power of Blending In
by Esmark Jones, Carol L. & Barney, Christian & Farmer, Adam
- 203-216 The Perfect Fit: The Moderating Role of Selling Cues on Hedonic and Utilitarian Product Types
by Das, Gopal & Mukherjee, Amaradri & Smith, Ronn J.
- 217-230 Breathing Down Your Neck!
by Dahm, Martin & Wentzel, Daniel & Herzog, Walter & Wiecek, Annika
- 231-245 Family Ties that B(l)ind: Do Family-Owned Franchisees Have Lower Financial Performance than Nonfamily-Owned Franchisees?
by Patel, Pankaj C. & Kim, Kyoung Yong & Devaraj, Srikant & Li, Mingxiang
2017, Volume 93, Issue 4