Men with Money and the “Vulnerable Women” Client Category in an AIDS Epidemic
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lachaud, Jean-Pierre, 2007.
"HIV prevalence and poverty in Africa: Micro- and macro-econometric evidences applied to Burkina Faso,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 483-504, May.
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2005. "HIV prevalence and poverty in Africa : micro and macro-econometric evidence applied to Burkina Faso," Documents de travail 113, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Jean-Pierre Lachaud, 2007. "HIV Prevalence and Poverty in Africa: Micro and Macro-Econometric Evidence applied to Burkina-Faso," Post-Print hal-00404908, HAL.
- Hans-Peter Kohler & Rebecca L. Thornton, 2012. "Conditional Cash Transfers and HIV/AIDS Prevention: Unconditionally Promising?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 26(2), pages 165-190.
- Kathleen Beegle & Michelle Poulin & Gil Shapira, 2015.
"HIV Testing, Behavior Change, and the Transition to Adulthood in Malawi,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(4), pages 665-684.
- Beegle, Kathleen & Poulin, Michelle & Shapira, Gil, 2014. "HIV testing, behavior change, and the transition to adulthood in Malawi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6825, The World Bank.
- Ishida, Kanako & Arnold, Michael & Stupp, Paul & Kizito, Paul & Ichwara, Jared, 2012. "Exploring the connections between HIV serostatus and individual, household, and community socioeconomic resources: Evidence from two population-based surveys in Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 185-195.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- Wight, Daniel & Plummer, Mary L. & Mshana, Gerry & Wamoyi, Joyce & Shigongo, Zachayo S. & Ross, David A., 2006. "Contradictory sexual norms and expectations for young people in rural Northern Tanzania," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 987-997, February.
- Jewkes, Rachel K. & Levin, Jonathan B. & Penn-Kekana, Loveday A., 2003. "Gender inequalities, intimate partner violence and HIV preventive practices: findings of a South African cross-sectional study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 125-134, January.
- Jorge Saba Arbache & Alexandre Kolev & Ewa Filipiak, 2010. "Gender Disparities in Africa's Labor Market," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2520, November.
- Jane Fortson, 2008. "The gradient in sub-saharan Africa: Socioeconomic status and HIV/AIDS," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 45(2), pages 303-322, May.
- Michelle Poulin & Adamson S. Muula, 2011. "An inquiry into the uneven distribution of women’s HIV infection in rural Malawi," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 25(28), pages 869-902, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dem:demres:v:37:y:2017:i:10 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:socmed:v:211:y:2018:i:c:p:175-182 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsgender; policy discourse; institutions; organizations; feminization; HIV;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:85:y:2016:i:c:p:16-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.